Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him (2540 Views)

Babe Shows Off Money She Made After Sleeping With 3 Men In One Hour / This Guy Broke Up With His Abuja Girlfriend & Married A Girl From His Village / Since After Sending Her Money, She's Being Avoiding Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 11:27am On Oct 07, 2014
I have this fast friend who told me yesterday that his girlfriend broke up with him over a debt she owed him. He said the debt came about when he bought part-time form for her at a university to enable her to go for her degree programme for she only has ND. She promised to pay him back the money, which she never did and never even mentioned it in any conversation thereafter. As it goes, my friend is a teacher who earns only 10k as salary and the school does not pay teachers' salaries during holidays. Now the guy's economic woes were exacerbated by the prolonged holiday due to the Ebola epidemic. This forced him to borrow some money to assuage his 'brokeness', if such a word exists in English. Now school has resumed and his girlfriend who is a petty trader happened to have sold a pair of shoes to his fellow teacher, which the teacher concerned had not paid. She told him to get the money from the teacher for her. He did that but not before he deducted the 3k she was owing him. This enraged her and she didn't even listen to his explanation before making a dash for the door. Now he has called her since then but she has refused to pick his calls. He has gone to her house to no avail. She is an itinerant trader so it is hard to trace her to one place. My guy is feeling guilty, mightily guilty, for being selfish- for that is how he feels. He said he truly loves her and has given her money in the past, and not like he is stingy.The first words that came to my mind when he completed his tale were Shakespeare's '...for debt oft loses both itself and friend'. But then, is it the case? Although I'm yet to give him any advice but I feel his girlfriend is rash and even selfish to an extent.
Nairalanders, what are views on this? Am I right in my judgement of the girlfriend? What advice should I give my friend? I would appreciate it if a female Nairalander would tell me how his girlfriend will view this.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by martyns303(m): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2014
Poverty tho! cry
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 11:51am On Oct 07, 2014
martyns303:
Poverty tho! cry
Man, could you leave out the amount involved and deal with the content of the tale? I agree that the money is beggarly but then put yourself in the guy's shoes and offer advice accordingly.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2014
ṖΛŦђ£Ŧĩ¢
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by laplace12(m): 12:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
I think we should be addressing poverty first which is the root cause of the problem undecided

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by jsunex(m): 12:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
Mak she go nah, hope him done fuccck am well
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
Boyfriend? Girlfriend? Loan? Borrowing? Why?
He should just let it go....
When I used to borrow my ex money, shame no let me ask am
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
laplace12:

I think we should be addressing poverty first which is the root cause of the problem undecided
Assume it was 1m and she was owing him 700k, does it sound better now?
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 12:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
MarthaK:
What if you had a pressing debt to pay with the money and you had no other means of doing so?
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Nobody: 12:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
Welrez:
What if you had a pressing debt to pay with the money and you had no other means of doing so?
I dunno
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by martyns303(m): 1:04pm On Oct 07, 2014
Welrez:
Man, could you leave out the amount involved and deal with the content of the tale? I agree that the money is beggarly but then put yourself in the guy's shoes and offer advice accordingly.

Man we can't deal with the issue without the foundation, which is as a result of poverty. Your friend messed up big time. When he gave her the money, every guy would know that, that money is gone. Then he was so childish as to cut the cash someone gave to him for her, how immature is that? Dude wasn't only poor financially but mentally also. If I were in his shoes, I would give her, her money, then explain my situation and let her help. Wouldnt he had survived if that money had not come through? The deed is done, no need crying over spilled milk.

2 Likes

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 1:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
martyns303:

Man we can't deal with the issue without the foundation, which is as a result of poverty. Your friend messed up big time. When he gave her the money, every guy would know that, that money is gone. Then he was so childish as to cut the cash someone gave to him for her, how immature is that? Dude wasn't only poor financially but mentally also. If I were in his shoes, I would give her, her money, then explain my situation and let her help. Wouldnt he had survived if that money had not come through? The deed is done, no need crying over spilled milk.
I had a similar thing in mind to tell him, that he should have known that the money was gone and should not have deducted the money without her permission. Thanks for your contribution, I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by 100Cents: 1:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
N3k.

I advice your friend to go for a life changing program. It is not a curse to be poor but it is to be extremely poor.

Thunder punish poverty.. He sold his gf for N3k.

She will come back later but she will ever brand him a stingy man.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by 100Cents: 1:29pm On Oct 07, 2014
MarthaK:

You dated a broke guy too ?

It is well..
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by laplace12(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
Welrez:
Assume it was 1m and she was owing him 700k, does it sound better now?

your analogy is still wrong.

It is 300k to 1m tongue

If I earn 1m per month, I won't disturb ma babe for 300k if I truly love her. You see how poverty is the problem?
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by philantoxx(m): 1:35pm On Oct 07, 2014
he should apologise.no two ways about it.except he can afford d luxury of getting anoda babe.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by nonsovich(m): 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2014
[s][/s] undecidedI seriously need a BB charge[size=8pt][/size]r shocked
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Nobody: 2:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
100Cents:

You dated a broke guy too ?

It is well..
grin
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Tymax(m): 2:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
That girlfriend is not worth his time. The break up is welcome.

Selfish, greedy babe. Isn't it obvious that she never intended to repay that debt?

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 3:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
It is a pity that this my dude is poor. He was one of the best students in his department at the university and graduated nearly with a first class. He is teaching now to fend for himself to avoid a life of beggary until he secures a good job. I like him for his self-reliant attitude and for his intelligence. He finds it extremely difficult to borrow money or ask for handouts from even friends and if he undergoes the agony of doing that, he repays promptly. As he usually says: he who goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing. There are times he would prefer to starve than begging for money from even friends. I don't wait for him to ask me for money before I give him for I know his kind of person. He always attempt to repay but I always tell him to take it. I write this not to justify his act but to throw more light on why he behaved the way he did towards his girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by asalimpo(m): 3:53pm On Oct 07, 2014
martyns303:

bros, I dont dig this suggestion of urs.
The guy is working. He doesnt earn much.yes. But the girl was owing him, whether its N100 or N1m, the attitude is wat matters and tht girl is an ingrate and selfish person. The guy was right to take his money wen d opportunity came. Ths kind of girls will desert d guy for d next wadded guy wen they show up.

3 Likes

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by asalimpo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2014
laplace12:

your analogy is still wrong.

It is 300k to 1m tongue

If I earn 1m per month, I won't disturb ma babe for 300k if I truly love her. You see how poverty is the problem?

bf u earn 1m you may need to learn how to subsist on N10k.
While u think poverty is d ish. Remember mtn makes billions from selling N100 airtime.

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by asalimpo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
martyns303:

he gave d money with d clear understandg tht it was a loan.
She got d money in a time of need but afterwards,it suddenly bcame a forgone issue.
If she lent him money, she'd not let d matter b swept under d carpet,so she shud pay up.

2 Likes

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Welrez(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
asalimpo:

bf u earn 1m you may need to learn how to subsist on N10k.
While u think poverty is d ish. Remember mtn makes billions from selling N100 airtime.
I didn't bother to reply him because I knew someone would do it for me.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Vikky014(f): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
Welrez:
It is a pity that this my dude is poor. He was one of the best students in his department at the university and graduated nearly with a first class. He is teaching now to fend for himself to avoid a life of beggary until he secures a good job. I like him for his self-reliant attitude and for his intelligence. He finds it extremely difficult to borrow money or ask for handouts from even friends and if he undergoes the agony of doing that, he repays promptly. As he usually says: he who goes a-borrowing goes a-sorrowing. There are times he would prefer to starve than begging for money from even friends. I don't wait for him to ask me for money before I give him for I know his kind of person. He always attempt to repay but I always tell him to take it. I write this not to justify his act but to throw more light on why he behaved the way he did towards his girlfriend.
errm ur friend need to upgrade abeg!he shld go and get a proffesional training.sponsor him if u can.tnx.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by martyns303(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
asalimpo:

bros, I dont dig this suggestion of urs.
The guy is working. He doesnt earn much.yes. But the girl was owing him, whether its N100 or N1m, the attitude is wat matters and tht girl is an ingrate and selfish person. The guy was right to take his money wen d opportunity came. Ths kind of girls will desert d guy for d next wadded guy wen they show up.
So why is he going back to beg? U beg when u know deep down u have done something wrong. Put all emotions aside, someone gave u money to give to me, you then cut it in half cos I was owing you. Why don't u give it to me then ask for ur money? What if I go back and tell the person that u didn't give me a complete money and the person now asked u for the money back? But the girl didn't do that. She simply walked away cos of the guys immaturity. And now he's crying fowl. He's not ready to be a man yet.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by numericalguy(m): 6:27pm On Oct 07, 2014
hehehe..
the girl was already tired of dating a broke guy and needed an excuse to dump his sorry asz.
she'll come back begging when she has been used and dumped by other guys while homeboy on the otherhand has made it in life.

2 Likes

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Respectnelson(m): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2014
Well if it is me I wound have let her know before deducting the money beside she's my angel hmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by jnrbayano(m): 7:03pm On Oct 07, 2014
Guys the did is done. The Op needs a good piece of advice to offer his pal.

Op,

In my opinion, tell your pal to desist from begging her. Tell him to only apologise for not informing her before deducting that 3k.

After apologising, he should move on.

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
The guy was wrong to have removed the money owed to him from the cash , the money was given to him in strict confidence to deliver to her. If he had given her the money in full and she refuses to pay her debt then all the blame would be on her but as it stands he has a larger chunk of the blame. Never touch money meant for another person no matter the circumstance

1 Like

Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by disloman(m): 8:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
MarthaK:
Haaaaaaaa martha!Y u dey lie like this?U wey almost naked mi 4 outside cos of 2k u loaned mi?Aiye ma ni ka oooo.
Re: His Girlfriend Broke Up With Him Over Money She Owed Him by Afrok(m): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
This is one of the reasons why I don't lent people what I can't forgo, it's easier to borrow but much difficult to pay back.
The babe no do well, but I'll suggest ur friend should continue to try and reach her, beg her and settle everything. The obvious truth is that it's looking like their relationship is heading to a dead end, and if that's the case it won't be good if they don't settle the money matter after which "train can pass through them" undecided.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do People Commit Suicide After Break-up? / Message To All Guys / Ladies Why Do U Double Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.