Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (610031 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by topeontop(m): 12:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
Any idea how much Promassidor pays ?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by handsum92: 12:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
PrinceofParis:

Definitely, its all about you and what. You have to offer, most of these high paying companies practice strong meritocracy so your brain will work for you.
Practice practice practice SHL, Gmat, Kenexa etc Read about assessment centers (group work, case study, presentations, interviews), go to youtube and watch videos that you can learn from. Search google and get all pdf files of psychometric tests and practice practice practice.
Remember its not about throwing many many apps out there. its about putting in maximum effort towards the invites you have atm with a positive view believeing in yourself that you can.
Research every company u are interviewing with, vision, mission, history, core values etc
Lastly, Remember God cos you dont own yourself. Goodluck

Quite insightful, thanks bro, I really appreciate this

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by berbs112(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
I have a friend that studied Chemistry in a polytechnic,HND with Upper Credit and will be passing out from NYSC by 16th Oct' where does he fit in.. Which of the Coy best suit him... Will really appreciate your Contributions.. Thank you
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Machini(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lawatog:
@ OP and others who have the correct info, is the 209k for Gtb before or after tax?

After Tax
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by damzy88: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
please what of zenith. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by GEJTILL2019(m): 3:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
haykay2005:

Am also interested in both. Fcda and dpr
....DPR & FCDA.....
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by misB: 3:35pm On Oct 12, 2014
Please house does anyone have an idea of lafarge entry-level salary
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by chemicstein: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
Around 90K basic.....but they give a lot of bonuses and allowances
misB:
Please house does anyone have an idea of lafarge entry-level salary
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by gloryon(m): 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
Olutola88 please answer me sad how is entry level for multichoice. It's urgent

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by tojahh(m): 5:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
Pls o, how much does Microfinance Banks pays? Someone with insightful response pls.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by topeontop(m): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
tojahh:
Pls o, how much does Microfinance Banks pays? Someone with insightful response pls.
ACCION pays 72000
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Dfavouredone: 7:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Olutola88:
lmao! No be like dat o! I'm not doing this for avarice. I'm just trying to train myself. If I can't complete small tasks like a small research like this, how then will I be able to deliver when I get a good job or when I eventually own a big business. It's all a learning process. Thanks for your contributions so far

I know you would have been creating a comprehensive list of all the authentic figures for each company.

Pls do well to publish the list of all the collaborated figures for each firm after your research for all to see at glance.

Thanks for the great initiative.

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by bbdrown: 7:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
Ecobank
Ecobank
ECOBANK
Abeg una pls
How much is the entry level salary??
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Olutola88 i accept what Dfavouredone said,
Publish a comprehensive list of authentic figures you have so we can all check it out.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by brocab: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
To be a judge, No. You dare" to follow the tithing law? The Truth is knocking on your door. Are you a pastor? Are you Preaching the tithing message? You want truth. Our father in heaven Hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done. On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts. As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into {temptation}. When it comes to riches' "temptation" can get in our way. And today's pastors-preachers, are tempted by Satan, And its sad to see great men and women fall into a lie. As the lord say's you can't worship God and Manmon at the same time. Jesus was tempted by satan in the wild. Matthew 4, Then Jesus was led up by the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil. And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, afterward he was hungry. Now when the tempter{the devil} came to him he said: "if You are the son of God, command that these stones become bread" But Jesus answered and said:" it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every {WORD} that proceeds from the mouth of God. Then the devil took Him up into the Holy city, set him on a pinnacle of the temple. and said: to him, "If you are the son of God, throw yourself down. For it is written: He shall give His angels charge concerning you,' and "In their hands they shall bear you up, Lest you dash your foot against a stone."Jesus said: to him, "It is written again, "You shall not {tempt} the Lord your God. Again, the devil took him up on an exceedingly high mountain, and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory. And said: to him,"all these things I will give you if you will fall down and worship me."Then Jesus said: to him, "Away with you satan. For it is written, you shall worship the Lord your God, and him only you shall {SERVE}We all get tempted, some more then others, building mega churches,{Kingdoms}. Satan said: all these things I will give you if you will fall down and worship me. Look around you open your eye's, Pastors-preaches, are tempted, building mega churches, living in riches. If we are to imatate Jesus. than we need to seek the truth {word}.Jesus came to serve," he never lived in riches. Moses had also given up his riches to serve the lord your God. Both living in the wilderness, Jesus said: Birds have nest, foxes have holes, but I have no place to rest my head.. If you are really reading your bible? Than you would find no angument in word-because its the truth that will set you free. God can not be tempted....
chmod777:

pls mind your own calling to fullfill it.tithe and first fruit predate the law. Study your bible and quit being a judge over God's elect. Remebrr miriam .

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
gloryon:
Olutola88 please answer me sad how is entry level for multichoice. It's urgent
I don't think they have a graduate trainee programme. In that case, they should have different salary scale for different graduate roles. I spoke to a friend not long ago and he made me realize the salary is negotiable and it ranges from 40K to 70K
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by kosby09(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
Information officer grin
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
walearoy:
Olutola88 i accept what Dfavouredone said,
Publish a comprehensive list of authentic figures you have so we can all check it out.
Yea, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'll definitely compile a comprehensive list. Thanks
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 8:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dfavouredone:

I know you would have been creating a comprehensive list of all the authentic figures for each company.

Pls do well to publish the list of all the collaborated figures for each firm after your research for all to see at glance.

Thanks for the great initiative.
Yea, I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I'll definitely compile a comprehensive list. Thanks
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 8:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
kosby09:
Information officer grin
Kosby09 I sight yah
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by PURSE: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
House please help with amount of Salary of Grade Level 8 officer in NERC
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 12:15am On Oct 13, 2014
KiksAsso:

Honestly speaking, going by the new PTAM regime, the tax on a gross salary of N171,000 should not be more than N13,000.
You can challenge these things if you know your onion. No company operating in Nigeria should be operating outside laid down rules.
Note that most of us are local employees........

I think you should try to understand where blank is coming from cause I have read some of both your posts and in many cases she is right except for the 13 month being a salary.

I won't necessarily say who I am but let's say that I've worked as part of a team that designed and developed a software that helps companies handle staff payroll in Nigeria.

To start with KiksAsso, I don't mean to demean your tax knowledge in any way but I think you have knowledge gaps on this. The applicable/existing tax law in Nigeria is called Personal Income Tax Act (PAYE or PITAM as it's also called) and it was last amended in 2011 to its present implementation.

Under the Pay As You Earn law, every employee is given tax relief only on tax exempt items and Statutory Deductions. Based on PAYE 2011, the only tax exempt items are statutory deductions and contributions by the staff towards:

1. Pension
2. Gratuity
3. Life Insurance
4. NHF
5. NHIS

Let me be clear and state that the intent of the law is that all allowances, basic salary, or whatever monies that are credited to a staff except for those stated above are taxable with the exemption of reimbursements which shouldn't appear on a Payslip.

Now I have explained the true intent of the law but as we all know, how the law is implemented is another thing. In my experience some companies use the Basic Housing & Transport alone while some others leave out a few allowances and bonuses.

As a payroll consultant, my standard advice is that all monies listed on a Payslip is taxable.

Most companies manipulate how much they pay as PAYE so they have a chance to under declare their incomes and pay less corporate tax or so that they can under-declare how much they pay in salaries on the Form H1 (P.A.Y.E Employer Annual Declaration and Certificate) they file to LIRS/FIRS at the end of each tax year.

I apologize for the typos. On mobile, it's late and am real sleepy. I hope somebody reading this finds it helpful.

#Edited for clarity.

10 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by flyca: 6:32am On Oct 13, 2014
karmaleon:
Shell - approx. 650k monthly
ExxonMobil and Total - approx 16m-17m per annum
Schlumberger - approx. 800k monthly

The gist is, exploration and production companies pays at least 500k monthly with other benefits while servicing companies starts from 200k.

But you MUST have your masters before you can get in!

But I just saw another thread here on NL about graduate trainee in shell. I don't think Masters was a requirement.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by flyca: 7:19am On Oct 13, 2014
Olutola88. Pls I need clarification. Some people on this platform said Shell and Mobile do not necessarily require a Masters degree (in other words: it doesn't give any edge). The only requirement is a 2.1 (minimum) in Engineering field. Pls is it true? Lemme know if I'm just waisting my time here sad
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 7:47am On Oct 13, 2014
flyca:
Olutola88. Pls I need clarification. Some people on this platform said Shell and Mobile do not necessarily require a Masters degree (in other words: it doesn't give any edge). The only requirement is a 2.1 (minimum) in Engineering field. Pls is it true? Lemme know if I'm just waisting my time here sad
A qualified candidate will not be dropped just because he or she doesn't have a masters degree.

Nevertheless, a Masters degree will DEFINITELY give you an edge at final stages of selection. There are cases where only 20 positions will be vacant and about 40 applicants will make it to the final stage. In that kind of situation, the employer will definitely consider dropping applicants that do not have MSc for the ones that have Masters in that particular field.

Don't forget we are talking about Engineering here( it's a professional course). Someone that studied Agriculture can do the work a Banking and Finance graduate should do, A graduate of physics can function as an auditor in a consultancy firm but it's an Engineer that must be hired to do the work of an Engineer. In fact, there are many cases where an Electrical Engineer will not be allowed to take up a Mechanical Engineering role. That means having Masters degree( which is specialization) can never be a waste in the Engineering profession, provided one specializes in the “right” field.

Anyone with a better response shouldn't fail to correct what I've said because I'm just a learner.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 7:53am On Oct 13, 2014
Iolo:

PTAM

I think you should try to understand where blank is coming from cause I have read some of both your posts and in many cases she is right except for the 13 month being a salary.

I won't necessarily say who I am but let's say that I've worked as part of a team that design and developed software that helps companies handle staff payroll in Nigeria.

To start with KiksAsso, I don't mean to demean your tax knowledge in any way but I think you have knowledge gaps on this. The applicable/existing tax law in Nigeria is called PAYE. it was amended in 2011 to its present implementation.

under the PAYE law, every employee is given tax relief on tax exempt items. There is a CRF (consolidated relief fund) that is 20% of your gross annual (after tax exempt items have been deducted).

Based on PAYE 2011, there only tax exempt items are contributions by the staff towards:

Pension
Gratuity
Life Insurance
NHF
NHIS

Let me be clear and state that the intent of the law is that every allowances, basic salary, or whatever monies that are credited to a staff except for those stated above are taxable.

with the exemption of reimbursements which shouldn't appear on a Payslip.

Now I have explained the true intent of the law but as we all know how the law is implemented is another thing. in my experience some companies use the BHT alone whole some others leave out a few allowances.

As a payroll consultant, my standard advice is that all monies listed on a Payslip is taxable.

For everyone out there, your tax income is your (gross annual * 20% (CRF) - Pension and other tax exempts. the answer is then calculated against a percentage from the tax table based on where your gross income falls.

Most companies manipulate how much they pay as PAYE so they have a chance to under declare their incomes and pay less corporate tax or so that they can under declare how much they pay in salaries on the form H1 they file to LIRS/FIRS at the end of the year.

I apologies for the typos. on mobile, it's late and am real sleepy. I hope somebody reading this finds it helpful.

hmmm
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by obyno10ten: 8:38am On Oct 13, 2014
Sorry for the digress.
I have an interview today @ 1 Babatunde Str. Off Ogunlana drive, surulere.
Neither name of the company nor phone # is in the sms I got.
I want to know if there is anyone that know anything abt them coz I dnt want to waste my time going. If there is need to go advice on how to go is welcomed (from ojuelegba or barracks)
Urgently needed
THANKS
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:02am On Oct 13, 2014
obyno10ten:
Sorry for the digress.
I have an interview today @ 1 Babatunde Str. Off Ogunlana drive, surulere.
Neither name of the company nor phone # is in the sms I got.
I want to know if there is anyone that know anything abt them coz I dnt want to waste my time going. If there is need to go advice on how to go is welcomed (from ojuelegba or barracks)
Urgently needed
THANKS
did I hear you say no name of company indicated? Kindly ignore
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by flyca: 9:40am On Oct 13, 2014
Olutola88:
A qualified candidate will not be dropped just because he or she doesn't have a masters degree.

Nevertheless, a Masters degree will DEFINITELY give you an edge at final stages of selection. There are cases where only 20 positions will be vacant and about 40 applicants will make it to the final stage. In that kind of situation, the employer will definitely consider dropping applicants that do not have MSc for the ones that have Masters in that particular field.

Don't forget we are talking about Engineering here( it's a professional course). Someone that studied Agriculture can do the work a Banking and Finance graduate should do, A graduate of physics can function as an auditor in a consultancy firm but it's an Engineer that must be hired to do the work of an Engineer. In fact, there are many cases where an Electrical Engineer will not be allowed to take up a Mechanical Engineering role. That means having Masters degree( which is specialization) can never be a waste in the Engineering profession, provided one specializes in the “right” field.

Anyone with a better response shouldn't fail to correct what I've said because I'm just a learner.

Thanks

Pls the bolded is my greatest concern now. As we wait for "better response" can you throw more light on this. Does it mean, at Entry level, qualification (probably by job test) is what matters, and not your highest degree?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:55am On Oct 13, 2014
flyca:

Pls the bolded is my greatest concern now. As we wait for "better response" can you throw more light on this. Does it mean, at Entry level, qualification (probably by job test) is what matters, and not your highest degree?
Like I said earlier, you will be allowed to go through the hiring process provided a masters degree is not one of the eligibility criteria. NB: If an applicant with masters degree has the same performance(during the hiring process) with another applicant who doesn't have an MSc, the one without an MSc will be at disadvantage if someone is to dropped
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by flyca: 10:05am On Oct 13, 2014
Olutola88:
Like I said earlier, you will be allowed to go through the hiring process provided a masters degree is not one of the eligibility criteria. NB: If an applicant with masters degree has the same performance(during the hiring process) with another applicant who doesn't have an MSc, the one without an MSc will be at disadvantage if someone is to dropped

Pls do you know if it is the same for all oil companies? I just weak, just wondering why I am going through the extra stress of M.Engr sad
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by bbdrown: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2014
flyca:

Pls do you know if it is the same for all oil companies? I just weak, just wondering why I am going through the extra stress of M.Engr sad
oga grin
Calm down cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.