Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,901 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:53 PM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (609998 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by emergency2: 8:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Wow,
I wonder why people now beef Doctors. Many companies workers including Bank are well paid more than a Doctor. I was surprised wen I read through all this post. An entry level doctor working in most states receives about 150k-180k(basic and all allowances sum up together) Local Government Doctors receives less. Private hospitals doctors receives average of 100-130k. Even Federal hospital Doctors still collect less than 200k despite all the call, teaching, etc allowance. Our basic salaries are ridiculous, it's only the allowance that makes it reach such amount.
So why are people saying Doctors are this or that. Just wondering.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by sifo: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2014
MoyoGENERAL:

......guyyyy...na you!!!!! usifo the great!
Nah not usifo

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by keleto(m): 9:17am On Oct 15, 2014
PLEASE NAIRALANDER. WHO KNOWS HOW MUCH UACN PAYS ACCROSS IT'S CONGLUMERATE. PLS I NEED IT URGENTLY
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Joy83(m): 9:25am On Oct 15, 2014
emergency2:
Wow,
I wonder why people now beef Doctors. Many companies workers including Bank are well paid more than a Doctor. I was surprised wen I read through all this post. An entry level doctor working in most states receives about 150k-180k(basic and all allowances sum up together) Local Government Doctors receives less. Private hospitals doctors receives average of 100-130k. Even Federal hospital Doctors still collect less than 200k despite all the call, teaching, etc allowance. Our basic salaries are ridiculous, it's only the allowance that makes it reach such amount.
But your work is not as strenuous as those ones with higher pay. In fact, most doctors will come to hospital where they are employed(govt hospital) only when their attention is needed, especially when Nurses on duty can't handle the work.
Is it possible for doctor to get to govt hospital by 7a.m and leave by 5pm during working days. But those working in big companies don't have such impunity or freedom.

It is well bro... Private clinic is allowed!

3 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by MoyoGENERAL: 9:58am On Oct 15, 2014
sifo:

Nah not usifo
one clue about your dept...then I'll figure it out!!!!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Kentnickole(m): 2:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Everybody fail to mention people wey dey work for radio and television stations. Abeg how much those people dey earn as salary?

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by obyno10ten: 11:04pm On Oct 16, 2014
cc150615:

Abeg engineering companies it's a shame, when u remove oil nd gas nd some good ones in power sector like Sahara,the rest you'll be hearing 50-80k during training nd Maybe 120-150 after training but that training go be like one year or over, no wonder those engineers that can't get oil nd gas keep running to banks. Anyway good news is in oil nd gas, u have ranges from 200-400 in and could also be as high as 750-850 when u get to multinational e nd ps. Tho indigenous oil firms still pay as low as 50k tho. so it's really a very wide range in here.
Thanks a lot for ur proper xplanation. Bt........nawao
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by oluseg2: 11:52am On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=Iolo post=27094712]

I think you should try to understand where blank is coming from cause I have read some of both your posts and in many cases she is right except for the 13 month being a salary.

I won't necessarily say who I am but let's say that I've worked as part of a team that designed and developed a software that helps companies handle staff payroll in Nigeria.

To start with KiksAsso, I don't mean to demean your tax knowledge in any way but I think you have knowledge gaps on this. The applicable/existing tax law in Nigeria is called Personal Income Tax Act (PAYE or PITAM as it's also called) and it was last amended in 2011 to its present implementation.

Under the Pay As You Earn law, every employee is given tax relief only on tax exempt items and Statutory Deductions. Based on PAYE 2011, the only tax exempt items are statutory deductions and contributions by the staff towards:

1. Pension
2. Gratuity
3. Life Insurance
4. NHF
5. NHIS

Let me be clear and state that the intent of the law is that all allowances, basic salary, or whatever monies that are credited to a staff except for those stated above are taxable with the exemption of reimbursements which shouldn't appear on a Payslip.

Now I have explained the true intent of the law but as we all know, how the law is implemented is another thing. In my experience some companies use the Basic Housing & Transport alone while some others leave out a few allowances and bonuses.

As a payroll consultant, my standard advice is that all monies listed on a Payslip is taxable.

Most companies manipulate how much they pay as PAYE so they have a chance to under declare their incomes and pay less corporate tax or so that they can under-declare how much they pay in salaries on the Form H1 (P.A.Y.E Employer Annual Declaration and Certificate) they file to LIRS/FIRS at the end of each tax year.

I apologize for the typos. On mobile, it's late and am real sleepy. I hope somebody reading this finds it helpful.

#Edited for clarity. [/quote
Thanks a lot for the clarification.
But be that as it may, please don't forget that leave allowance don't appear on pay slip. Is it supposed to be taxed at the point of payment. I mean for an employee who will be due for his annual leave in November and the leave allowance is going to be paid in November, what should be the take home leave allowance if the gross leave allowance is N110,000?.
Thanks.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by staneve(m): 12:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
Please,what is the salary structure of MRS OIL NIG PLC?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Wonder1844(m): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2014
emergency2:
Wow,
' which goveroent workers earn up to that? Doctors earn up 2 3times some government workers
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by melvin0004(m): 5:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Stelvin101:

A fwnd of mine working in Diamond Bank Lagos said Bank only pay permanent staff such amount or more and contract staff not up to 70k and that if the bank has like 20 or 25 staffs, permanent staff sometimes are not up to 5. How truth is this??
very true my brother.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Davidolives(m): 5:49pm On Oct 19, 2014
Pls who have an idea of how much nafdac pays for entry level
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by wolebanks(m): 1:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Wowwwwww. The best tread sofar.
Salary is important but try to factor in things like job security, pension scheme and gratuity, health insurance, work environment hazard and safety, career growth etc in your choice of where to work. Thanks Olutola and God bless.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Teacup: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
teneeorlah:
What abt fidelity bank undecided

my brother that got a job with fidelity says is 180,000 net
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Teacup: 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
talk2macs:
Etisalat pays 50k for graduates (contract customer care)
i am sure of mtn. they paid 80k net for contract entry level. confirmed

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nwogeh: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
what of SS Afemikhe &Co ltd and FIRS, what is their salary structure
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by sandra90(f): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Olutola88:
Buckwild06, Sandra90, smartgenius: could you guys please give the house the accurate salary figures Nigerian Breweries offer fresh graduates? Thanks

Smartgenius is a MANAGER in Nigerian Breweries. He can give u a break down of all the pay structures within the company.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
sandra90:

Smartgenius is a MANAGER in Nigerian Breweries. He can give u a break down of all the pay structures within the company.
Sandra90 is a Snr. Manager in Nigerian Breweries Plc.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by topeontop(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
how much does FCMB pay entry level ?... it's urgent pls .
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by veevean1(f): 5:04am On Oct 24, 2014
smartgenius:

u guys shd just talk nd stop re quotin each oda... u guys r balling dere.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by davide470(m): 6:43am On Oct 24, 2014
sandra90:

smartgenius:

Funny dudes.. grin

MonsieurPete should be the Assistant MD then..
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walexy1(m): 11:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Pls who has an idea on what Etisalat pays Field Operation Engineer or Bss Engineer with 2 years experience. Though currently works with one of d major telecoms players in d country. Needs this info urgently for proper negotiationegotiations. Thanks in anticipation
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Iolo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=oluseg2 post=27269663][/quote]

I have no idea unless you are HR and I'm advising you on what to do.

In many cases since the leave allowance has been structured in such a way that it's not on your Payslip then it's possible your HR won't bother to calculate tax on it.

The way the tax law is designed is that it's meant to calculated using your gross annual that should include all your allowances.

but then again everybody has their own implementation and in some cases leave allowances and 13th salary which is also an allowance are off the books (away from LIRS eyes I mean) so they probably would just pay you the full amount or the HR does boju boju and deducts a small amount to save the company a few coins but which doesn't get remitted to LIRS.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by seagullbabz(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
OkpuAugustine:
Can any level of salary really be enough foR you compared with what's inside of you Why do people establish businesses, to make profit (according to African mindset) and to achieve this, they need someone to do the work for them (employment) now because of the wrong foundation of their mindset (profit) which is what they are after, they get more interested in their selfish benefits than the welbeing of those doing the job; and after using you, they can dump you at any time and leave you anyhow... I've never seen any man who lived a salary life fulfilled at the end. Don't you think what's inside of you is greater than what anybody can pay you

I am not against being an entrepreneur, as a matter of fact, I have plans to own my own business, but unless you have a big capital to work with, or you have a good standing to secure a loan for your business, I would say you stick with a job. A good entrepreneur knows that the first 5years is the most critical part for a business to survive and thrive, any company that survives the initial 5years will go ahead to do well with proper management. So a good advise is to have another source of income, where you can fall back on incase your business needs an injection of cash. But you might not agree with me, but I think I have business minded parents to know how it works...besides I can reel off hundreds of good business men who started off by saving from their salary jobs before moving big time into business. being in a salary job doesn't stop you from floating a business. You just have to be smart about it. Bless

8 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Wayne2: 6:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hello House, does any one have an idea of the pay structure in BAT?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by uchetobi(f): 9:58am On Oct 30, 2014
who has an idea of how much NIBSS(Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement services) pay entry level

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by sandra90(f): 8:15am On Oct 31, 2014
veevean1:

u guys shd just talk nd stop re quotin each oda... u guys r balling dere.

veevean, are u the married lady who interviewed with NB on the 1st of July?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 9:32pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lmao! Smartgenius and Sandra90, I got you guys. I didn't know the actual amount NB offers, I only gave a range. I thought of who could help us with precise figures and I went ahead to look for the mighty NB employees' monikers. I'm elated I got you guys. Oya, DO THE NEEDFUL
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Dfavouredone: 9:53pm On Nov 01, 2014
Olutola88:
Lmao! Smartgenius and Sandra90, I got you guys. I didn't know the actual amount NB offers, I only gave a range. I thought of who could help us with precise figures and I went ahead to look for the mighty NB employees' monikers. I'm elated I got you guys. Oya, DO THE NEEDFUL

We are still waiting for a comprehensive summary of the salaries or ranges of salaries for the entry positions the different firms.

Pls do the needful.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by mumu9gerian: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
walexy1:
Pls who has an idea on what Etisalat pays Field Operation Engineer or Bss Engineer with 2 years experience. Though currently works with one of d major telecoms players in d country. Needs this info urgently for proper negotiationegotiations. Thanks in anticipation
Bros, how did u apply abeg?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 10:12pm On Nov 01, 2014
Dfavouredone:

We are still waiting for a comprehensive summary of the salaries or ranges of salaries for the entry positions the different firms.

Pls do the needful.
lol! Research not completed. I was away from nairaland for a while
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by veevean1(f): 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2014
sandra90:

veevean, are u the married lady who interviewed with NB on the 1st of July?
nope d single lady dat did on the 2nd

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.