Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,628 members, 7,820,221 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria (610781 Views)

Top 13 Highest Paying Companies In Nigeria 2016 / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / Salaries Of Lecturer I And Lecturer Ii (conuass 03 And 04) In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 12:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
ihedinobi2:
Much respect, @Olutola88. This was good and I'm terribly glad you had takers. I've been trying to find some of these figures for a while.

Guys, this kind of research is important to entrepreneurs. It gives them an idea what the situation of the labor market is like. And unlike your suspicion about the avarice and wickedness of human beings, some entrepreneurs want to learn this information so that they can make the market better not worse.

Then again, potential employees in the market can make better employment plans for themselves too. Why would you like to waste a good education and your dreams at a company that pays you a pittance simply because you don't know that there are better alternatives? Let's have a heart nau, abeg.

Finally, there are those still in school or trying to decide what career to study for. This information gives them some solid idea what happens in the real world and what they may have to face. With it, they make better choices that will ultimately give us a better tomorrow.

So, again, thanks to the OP and others who have graciously shared information and given incisive analyses too. I am one of the most grateful ones.
thank you sir

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by KiksAsso: 12:49pm On Oct 11, 2014
blank:

It will. Try and calculate pension and tax on your own and you will see. FYI, they pay full tax according to Nig Law and Pension is now 8% employee, 10% employer. Therefore, pension is about 14k and PAYE is about 35k.
Honestly speaking, going by the new PTAM regime, the tax on a gross salary of N171,000 should not be more than N13,000.
You can challenge these things if you know your onion. No company operating in Nigeria should be operating outside laid down rules.
Note that most of us are local employees........
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by KiksAsso: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
blank:

I beg to disagree. If you have seen any offer letter with 13th month in it, it is termed salary and it is equivalent of one month's pay.
No ma. 13th month is a bonus equivalent to one month basic salary usually paid in November ending by most companies. It is definately a bonus and not a salary.
Thanks.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by KiksAsso: 1:37pm On Oct 11, 2014
blank:

I have audited payroll of companies. I have given tax advice while working for the big 4. I am currently looking at the PAYE law as I am writing to you. Leave allowance is taxed, bonuses are taxed, dress allowances are taxed. What won't be taxed that I haven't already written is re-imbursables which are directly incurred in the carrying out of your official duties.

I am curious, what kind of benefits doesn't your company tax?
Are you sure of what you are saying at all?
Why on hearth would you say leave allowance is taxable? I think you still need to go through the present tax regime very well. We all learn everyday......
You also need to know what leave allowance truly means.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by KiksAsso: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
darqly:

I daresay you're incorrect on this one. The portion of your income that is taxable is Basic salary. No one taxes your allowances. My firm is overly tax conscious and we even receive tax refunds for over-remittance. Do you work for FIRS by the way?
You are wrong sir. Please check the new tax regime (PTAM)
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 11, 2014
While GNLD entry level is N550,000 grin

11 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Bootybuttchic(f): 4:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
please what of someone who studdies transportation and logistics,where can they work here in nigeria,and how much do they earn?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by blank(f): 6:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
KiksAsso:

Are you sure of what you are saying at all?
Why on hearth would you say leave allowance is taxable? I think you still need to go through the present tax regime very well. We all learn everyday......
You also need to know what leave allowance truly means.
Thanks.

I laugh in Chinese. Quote the part of the tax law that says that leave allowance is not taxed and I will concede.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by blank(f): 6:59pm On Oct 11, 2014
KiksAsso:

No ma. 13th month is a bonus equivalent to one month basic salary usually paid in November ending by most companies. It is definately a bonus and not a salary.
Thanks.

Like someone said, maybe different companies have different ways of addressing 13th month. My current payslip has 13th month and it is equivalent to my net pay for a month and its paid in December.

Some other multinationals I audited also have 13th month as equivalent of one month's pay. However, some companies term theirs as only basic salary.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Kentnickole(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
Please guys! Help me... Is very urgent in making my decision.

How much does ARM life Plc ( ie a subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Plc) pay their employee in the capacity of Living Benefits Advisor? And how is the work like? In office or on the street marking?

I tagged you guys because of your well exposed knowledge on salaries and your mature and helpful way of ansering questions.

Tag:
olutola88
MarvellousGod
Masonkz
Blank
Seagullbabz
Keyman0007
Tmany
Karmeleon
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by adebola2014: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
This is a great thread, pls do you know how much nigerian breweries pay it's entry level. Thanks
I will be very grateful, because some say 350k, others say 270k. Pls what's the truth naira landers. Thanks
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2014
Kentnickole:

How much does ARM life Plc ( ie a subsidiary of Asset & Resource Management Company Plc) pay their employee in the capacity of Living Benefits Advisor? And how is the work like? In office or on the street marking?

I tagged you guys because of your well exposed knowledge on salaries and your mature and helpful way of ansering questions.

Tag:
olutola88
MarvellousGod
Masonkz
Blank
Seagullbabz
Keyman0007
Tmany
Karmeleon
hmmm. I'm sorry, Olutola doesn't know how much ARM offers. The boffins/smart monies should kindly help this brother out. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by adebola2014: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
@olutola88, pls how much do management trainees earn in nigerian breweries, thanks bro
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
Bootybuttchic:
please what of someone who studdies transportation and logistics,where can they work here in nigeria,and how much do they earn?

They can work with BRT, God is Good motors, Ekenedilichukwu, Delta Line etc grin

7 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by obyno10ten: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
clily:

Does any1 knw d take home salary of FERMA entry level staffs

Pls answers
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
Phema:

They can work with BRT, God is Good motors, Ekenedilichukwu, Delta Line etc grin
haba....aunty phema! u are wicked ooo grin grin grin
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
adebola2014:
@olutola88, pls how much do management trainees earn in nigerian breweries, thanks bro
Buckwild06, Sandra90, smartgenius: could you guys please give the house the accurate salary figures Nigerian Breweries offer fresh graduates? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by 234GT(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
pompido:

Well, I can tell you for a fact that this figure isn't quite accurate for Union Bank.

Union Bank offers 2.25pa before tax with 0.25 as variable income per annum based on performance. If performance isn't up to par, no variable pay.

2.25million p.a divided by 12 gives 187,500 per month. Deduct tax, pension etc. That leaves around 130 - 150k as take home. All these on a 2years bond worth 2million naira.

I think you are about right with KPMG cos I've got people in there but the beauty of Kong is the bulk payment made to staffs 4times a year (at least 400k is paid twice out of the 4times and that is to fresher).
Cheers

Union Bank has reviewed salaries twice this year, and entry level now is N3.1M! FACT!

2 Likes

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 12, 2014
linnyx:

Oil companies don't pay that much, you need to be in the sector to know.
SLB (Schlumberger) DEFINITELY don't pay that much. Same goes for the others you mentioned.

But I'll tell you one thing:- Most of these companies (especially oil companies have double standard) they usually have the Nigerian version and the international version - When they are taking you outside the country, your pay-grade/structure is changed but if you're employed here then your pay is what is obtainable here.

I know this because I worked with one of them
Are you sure they don't pay that high? Check with someone who got employed via SRD for shell or NLNG graduate trainee program and you will come back to edit your post.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Heart2heart:
how much does NLNG pay experience hire permanent staff? is their working condition and welfare okay? any idea?
You will never want to work anywhere else at home or abroad if you get this job.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 12, 2014
handsum92:

I was almost asking,thank God what we have upstairs can still open doors in some of these companies...this's really encouraging for an imminent corper hoping and praying to get into any of these high paying companies having only God as connections
Definitely, its all about you and what. You have to offer, most of these high paying companies practice strong meritocracy so your brain will work for you.
Practice practice practice SHL, Gmat, Kenexa etc Read about assessment centers (group work, case study, presentations, interviews), go to youtube and watch videos that you can learn from. Search google and get all pdf files of psychometric tests and practice practice practice.
Remember its not about throwing many many apps out there. its about putting in maximum effort towards the invites you have atm with a positive view believeing in yourself that you can.
Research every company u are interviewing with, vision, mission, history, core values etc
Lastly, Remember God cos you dont own yourself. Goodluck

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by day0(m): 3:20am On Oct 12, 2014
lahami:
I wish i was joking,one small school in benin have left sha before my mentality is ruined.

LMAO grin cheesy
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Lawatog: 8:18am On Oct 12, 2014
@ OP and others who have the correct info, is the 209k for Gtb before or after tax?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Kentnickole:

Tag:
olutola88
MarvellousGod
Masonkz
Blank
Seagullbabz
Keyman0007
Tmany
Karmeleon
Walearoy

You dint tag me so I tagged myself *winks*
I don't know how much ARM pays but I'm sure PAL pays between 76/78k.

1 Like

Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 12, 2014
Please house, anybody with a good idea of Skye bank pay package for DSA should please help a friend, it is urgently needed for decision making.
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by clily: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2014
walearoy:

You dint tag me so I tagged myself *winks*
I don't know how much ARM pays but I'm sure PAL pays between 76/78k.
Pls do u knw how much FERMA pays
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 12, 2014
DeConsult:
Please house, anybody with a good idea of Skye bank pay package for DSA should please help a friend, it is urgently needed for decision making.
Please nairaland help, the information is urgently needed for decision making, make una no fall my hand na
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by GEJTILL2019(m): 10:49am On Oct 12, 2014
pls guys help..its very urgent! how much does DPR pay? wat abt FCDA?
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by walearoy(m): 11:21am On Oct 12, 2014
clily:

Pls do u knw how much FERMA pays

Bro,
Got no idea o

House up to you guys!
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by haykay2005: 11:49am On Oct 12, 2014
GEJTILL2019:
pls guys help..its very urgent! how much does DPR pay? wat abt FCDA?
Am also interested in both. Fcda and dpr
Re: Entry Level Salaries Of Companies In Nigeria by Olutola88(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
DeConsult:
Syke Bank? Direct Sales Agent? Hmmm. I don't know how much they offer but I think I'll pray God gives you a better offer with a better working condition

1 Like 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (41) (Reply)

SSS Cadet Course 28 2014 Recruitment!!! / Andela: IT Training And Job / How To Apply For Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.