Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! (11663 Views)

What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by supersammy: 7:33am On Nov 14, 2008
First I congratulate Oshiomole. The truth will always prevail no matter how long.
I love this development not because Oshiomole won at last but for standing by the truth. But he's luck he has enough financial muscle to to fight back.

I wish every other Nigerian has the same opportunity where the money bags have turned our political arena into their private football pitch.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by dazangel11(f): 7:41am On Nov 14, 2008
cmatrix:

I am not too sure if this’ the best thing for the people of Edo state – but I am willing to afford the new governor a chance to prove himself. It won’t be easy; Osunbor actually did quite a bit in a very short time.

I think my doubts stems from the fact that Oshiomole has always been a radical – and as history have taught us, radicals are never good leaders, as matter of fact for the most part they turn out to be dictators.

As an indigene of the state, I am very leery of all the promises he has made – is anyone wondering how these projects would be paid for?

My biggest concern is that Benin city will become the heaven for thugs – I certainly pray my fears are unfounded.

May God bless the people of Edo state, and our beloved country.

Good thinking brother.

Just yesterday Parley was appointed as SSG I am sure u all know him. For those of you who do not know him he was a past LG chairman. Men that guy no do one thing for him area.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by asifu: 9:28am On Nov 14, 2008
Gradually all our lost items will be recovered.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by lbotus(f): 9:49am On Nov 14, 2008
@ stanech,

you said osunbor would have done better than oshiomhole.how would you explain the last minute withdrawal of 500million by one of his aid yesterday?

was it becos he was leaving office(the one he got illegally),that made him to almost "clean up"the state account or what?

the rehabilitation of roads osunbor did when he assumed office was just an 'eye service' because he wanted everyone to see him a good govenor so that no one will remember oshiomhole or even feel his absence.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by marere: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2008
It is a very good news that our comorade govenor has worn, U can imagin that 9ja is getting better , grin
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by coolsegun(m): 2:41pm On Nov 14, 2008
Congratulations the governor of the people of Benin. Can we all stand for justice in Nigeria?
Justice delay is not justice denied Comrade Adams.
INEC should be restructured. They are drawing the hand of our democracy backward.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by opuro(m): 3:18pm On Nov 14, 2008
oshomole congrats o
all those who are not happy about this victory should go
jump into the nearest river.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by abtallest(m): 4:29pm On Nov 14, 2008
oshiomole is now the governor after a long battle @the courts. Thank God, this shows we can still trust the judiciary as the last hope of the common man. Now the ball is in his court, the people who have supported him this far will be looking up to him, so, i advise him to not let them down!
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by AjanleKoko: 4:51pm On Nov 14, 2008
guys. just an aside. Obama get identifiable antecedents, or is it just 'Camelot' sentiments a la JFK?
I personally think Oshiomhole's victory is a good thing. We like to throw the baby out with the bath water in naija. The labour leader (i don't kuku know him personally) did his best to fight govt to a standstill, else we for dey pay 500 naira for petrol.
The Osunbor character, whether he be good guy or bad guy, how we wan take know? He is virtually unknown in naija, and I suspect even his state. He probably cruised into the senate and governorship on the ticket of man know man.
On the other hand, we all know Adams, whether na for good or bad. At least he don try. Even if he no try, people vote for am. leave people of the state to vote him out after his term if he mess up, abi?
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Truequest(m): 10:41pm On Nov 14, 2008
dazangel11:

Good thinking brother.

Just yesterday Parley was appointed as SSG I am sure u all know him. For those of you who do not know him he was a past LG chairman. Men that guy no do one thing for him area.

Change is usually the most difficult thing in life. I see your concerns as Edo indigenes but my advice is let's give him some time to proove himself. Don't forget that the majority of Edo voters voted massively for in April 2007. Some thing makes me feel that Adams will perform
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by cmatrix: 1:29am On Nov 15, 2008
Truequest, I agree with you, we should give him time to prove himself.

Personally, I don't want to start jumping around just yet, there are quite a few obstacles he has to contend with:

(1) The state house of reps are still majority PDP
(2) Can he go from forceful tendencies for change to a more deplomatic approach
(3) Can he really shed some of the not so scrupulous comrades - the merciless enforcers of the NLC

Oshiomole is like no other governor in Nigeria - so he has a great opportunity to change the face of politics and be exemplary. I certainly hope he achieves this - the people of Edo deserve good governance. We went thru hell with Lucky.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by neowelsh(m): 9:15am On Nov 15, 2008
i had love to participate, but sorry am not in benin
keep the update
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by odedele: 6:41pm On Nov 15, 2008
lets hope this is d begining f obamalogy in nigeria democracy where d wishes of d pple will prevail @ d end.congratulatns comrade.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by kosovo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2008
to say that for the first time in my entire adult i am feeling like a nigerian is to say the obvious.
comerade governor Oshiomhole has done his first promise to the masses of retriving the
stolen mandate by a professor of law removed by the law.
professor osunbor is just a waste, after being confered with the a professor
tittle unduly, without writting any book until rencently,
the deputy mr imasuen should hide his entire life in a waste can, he could decamp to hell, after all its in his blood.
the esama of benin
professor osunbor critized former governor LUCKY for looting N2bn in Eight years,
but guess what Prof of Law looted N4.5b in just 18 months, incredibe? huh?
a shameless nation, now i can conitnue my regrets OF BEING A NIGERIAN!
LETS JOIN HANDS AND MAKE ACIENT BENIN KINDOM A MODERN KINDOM!
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Makavelis(m): 5:16pm On Nov 16, 2008
Who's that dude that said justice delayed is justice denied.
Point of correction this is not obamalogy. Its peter.obi.ology grin
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by febirac(m): 8:14pm On Nov 16, 2008
the most important thing is that our votes have now counted in edo state. those who stole our ballot have now been told they cannot continue to do that. it remains ONDO state. let the person the massess voted be in office wheather they will perform or not. if they dont perform we show them the door next time
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by hugle: 3:39am On Nov 17, 2008
This is a new dawn for people of Edo State. A sign of better things to come.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by benzion72(m): 5:28pm On Nov 19, 2008
I learnt that that PDP is planning to give a robber a ministerial post Osunbor is expected to rot in jail for a stolen mandate we still want to go ahead and glorify a criminal. I wish a nigeria good luck. A peolpe will always deserve the government they have
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Hilundi: 7:20pm On Nov 29, 2008
A man of the people,
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by JNdupu: 2:35am On Dec 03, 2008
No diss but una don see the mansion wey Comrade "hala for front, chop for back" build for Abuja?  Man weak small when them show me.

Good luck to Edo ipol oh but man no think say this "Comrade" go beta pass all una chop-chop governors to date.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by lucabrasi(m): 3:02am On Dec 03, 2008
ha ha mr jndupu,a labour leader anywhere in the world can afford to have a nice building talk less of a nation like nigeria, remember western countries pay them grants just like ribadu and the ndlea was collecting when they were seen to be working,of course he is not clean but definitely not in the league of our naija politicians
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by JJYOU: 4:07am On Dec 03, 2008
JNdupu:

No diss but una don see the mansion wey Comrade "hala for front, chop for back" build for Abuja? Man weak small when them show me.

Good luck to Edo ipol oh but man no think say this "Comrade" go beta pass all una chop-chop governors to date.
watching
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by dazangel11(f): 4:46am On Dec 10, 2008
Has anybody ever wondered why Esama the father of the past thief Lucky Igbinedion was congratulated after the court verdict
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by vowiski(m): 5:24am On Dec 10, 2008
dazangel11:

Has anybody ever wondered why Esama the father of the past thief Lucky Igbinedion was congratulated after the court verdict
and why he made an apology to the BENIN MONARCH. yesterday?
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by dazangel11(f): 5:43am On Dec 10, 2008
I think Oshiomole will be another Lucky Igbinedion no doubt
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by dazangel11(f): 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2009
On November 11, 2008, the Court of Appeal declared Comrade Adams Oshiomhole the winner of the Edo Governorship election of April 2007. The judgment was celebrated by many Nigerians and even law scholars described the judgment of the Appeal Court as a “masterpiece.” The former labor leader was applauded for his doggedness and steadfastness. The next day he was sworn in as the governor of Edo State.   
  Today the increasing riotous lifestyle of the Edo State governor is unsettling political leaders in the state which prides itself as the “Heartbeat of the Nation.” Also reportedly disturbing to these political elders is the rumored closeness of Oshiomhole to Lucky Igbinedion, the former governor of the state. There had been allegations that Oshiomhole’s election and even the legal battle were financed in part by former Gov. Igbinedion. The relationship between the duo is said to stem from the passion both men share: wild, nude parties involving scores of ladies. Both men reportedly love the sessions when they involve multiple sex partners, otherwise called threesomes, foursomes, and in some cases, fivesomes!

Elendureports.com gathered that the mounting fear in Edo state is that the less than two-month-old Oshiomhole administration may be all talk and no action after all, given the way he has been criticizing his sacked predecessor, Orsehiemen Osunbor. Said a political elder: “it has become obvious that Adams (Oshiomhole) will soon run out of gas. He expends all his energy telling the world how Osunbor stole pots and kettles from the Government House. Yet he is not telling us that his godfathers and goddaughters are breathing down his neck to take their nominees for commissionerships and sundry appointments.

He added: “Lucky (Igbinedion) is nominating persons to populate Oshiomhole’s cabinet, but so also, and with a greater intensity, is “National Leader” (Tony Anenih). On other fronts, these ladies with whom Adams parties every night also are coming up with their own lists, depleting the arena of oxygen. From the way things are going, the real persons who toiled with Adams will be left with nothing.”

Lucky Igbinedion was reputed to be one of the most reckless governors in Nigerian history, engaging the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for the better part of his administration. The former governor was convicted by Justice Abdu Kafarati of the Federal High Court, Enugu, a few weeks ago for making false declaration of his assets. EFCC has faulted the conviction as a slap on the wrist, and has, therefore, vowed to appeal it.

Igbinedion’s dismal performance did not escape the attention of his father, Gabriel Igbinedion. In the run up to the 2003 governorship election in Edo State, the senior Igbinedion publicly used the analogy of examinations to appeal to the people of Edo state to consider his son fit to reseat (re-contest) the elections. The senior Igbinedion was reported to have reasoned: “Una say Lucky fail, Lucky fail. If una pickin fail, una no go allow am repeat him class?” (You claim Lucky failed. If your son fails an exam, would you not allow him a reseat?).

While Igbinedion held forte as governor of Edo State, government business was pushed to the backstage as sections of the Edo Government House were reportedly converted into make-shift night clubs where nude parties and orgies became the order of the day. Interestingly, Oshiomhole was fingered as the brain behind such wild parties and its accompaniment of exotic ladies for his close circuit of friends, including Igbinedion. Also in this exclusive club of friends was a former Deputy National Secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Tony Omoaghe. 

In fact, so effective was Oshiomhole in supplying the club with sophisticated ladies, wines and spirits, that he secured Igbinedion’s nod to succeed him as governor. Therefore, whilst the hawks in PDP were battling themselves over who between Oserhiemen Osunbor and Ugbesia Odion should bear the party flag, Igbinedion had long settled for the fiery former labour leader, Oshiomhole, his party reportedly notwithstanding. “That was why Lucky (Igbinedion) bore most of Oga’s (Oshiomhole’s) electoral expenses,” a source close to the former labor leader volunteered.

To buttress the claims of revelry, a member of the National Assembly from Edo State, narrated how Oshiomhole had, about a month ago, invited his colleagues to a parley to foster a harmonious relationship, particularly as they, and their junior colleagues in the Edo State House of Assembly, are largely of the PDP. “Senator Yissa Buraimoh spoke on behalf of the Senators, while West-Idahosa did the talking on behalf of the House members,” offered the lawmaker. “Both men spoke for less than five minutes. Oshiomhole took close to two hours to respond. He again invited us for dinner where he took another two hours to repeat all he told us earlier in the day. Done with the dinner, he asked us to come for an all-night party. Of course, none of us turned up because we knew too well it was going to be his usual nude party.”

Oshiomhole’s notoriety with women reportedly dates back to his days as a junior labor leader. He would, reportedly boast to his peers and juniors in the “struggle” that, though not particularly good-looking, he however was “so good” that he often awed the ladies with his mastery of “the art.”According to a close friend of the governor, “we had thought that Oshiomhole’s presidency of all Nigerian workers would herald the apogee of his exploits with women, as he always had a bevy at his beck and call in any part of the world, but his foray into politics has made us change our minds.”

Another friend of the labour leader-turned governor told Elendureports.com that “it was common knowledge in government circle that any labour negotiation without a bevy of beautiful ladies to minister to Oshiomhole was doomed to fail; as such any discerning labour minister was sure to include very pretty ladies on the “government side” whenever negotiating with the then Oshiomhole-led Nigerian Labour Congress.”

http://elendureports.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by dazangel11(f): 12:17pm On Jan 06, 2009
Just as i predicted smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria To Build Nuclear Plants – Onu / Port Harcourt In Total Shut Down- PICTURES / Senate Halts Port Harcourt Refinery Concession To Agip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.