Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! (11661 Views)

What Oby Ezekwesili Tweeted After Amaechi Was Confirmed As A Minister / Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi Confirmed As A Minister / Muhammed Buhari, As Governor Of North Eastern State In 1975 (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by francessby(f): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2008
CONGRATULATIONS ADAMS
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by kollygbe(m): 7:52am On Nov 13, 2008
Congratulation really, how come Ex-gov has not said anything yet? at least a congratulation speech. He should borrow a leaf from MC cain!
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by category(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2008
Congratulation Iyamho!
Congratulation Estako!!
Congratulation Edo North!!!,
Congratulation Edo State!!!!,
Congratulation Nigeria!!!!!
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 13, 2008
Yessssssssssssssssssssss grin grin haha
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by tjadeba(m): 9:17am On Nov 13, 2008
It pains me to my marrow when i wake up everyday and see that IWU (EWU) is still the INEC chairman.what further evidences does the person in charge of Nigeria needs again to fire this stupid man, or does he need him to perpetrate their election malpractises in the next general election?congratz EDO people cos this victory is yours from the inception till now.first,you people came out to force them out through your votes because it couldnt have been possible if you didnt vote enmasse for your choice,secondly, you resisted the powers that be during the struggle inspite of the financial resources at the disposal of PDP and the level of poverty in the land, congratulations EDO people
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by kellygirl(f): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2008
All Hail our new Obama cheesy cheesy
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by 2tait: 10:01am On Nov 13, 2008
[/color]

Congrats Oshiomole.
Oshiomole is like our own version of Obama.
Let Osunbor adopt the McCain option.
After his wonderful acceptance of defeat speech, McCain became a truly great statesman.
I doff my hat for him. McCain is my main guy.

[color=#770077]www.wetindeyforum.com
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Jaytee67(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2008
big congrats to adams oshiomole, big congrats to nigerian judiciary, big congrats to nigerian democrats and biggest congrats to all promoters of rule of law
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by oluwdashmi(f): 10:15am On Nov 13, 2008
Congratulations Adams

Congratulations Edo people

Congratulations to human right activists and those who made sure the truth prevailed

I pray that you achieve your visions and dreams for the state to teach some mumu governors how to govern
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by ud4u: 11:18am On Nov 13, 2008
all eyes were on them that was why they favoured Adams if not reverse would have been the case. trust nigerian judiciary tested and trusted. abe you no understand.

anyway congrats to Oshomole. his excellency
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by kemisuga(f): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2008
so what :p :-x
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Hesperus(m): 11:26am On Nov 13, 2008
Infact, I cant believe they eventually confirmed him, I thot it would be the usual Naija Judiciary system, where they drag for eons b4 reaching any verdict.

So a proud bini boy,I say congrats to all my fellow statespeeps, and indeed all Nigerians at large!  grin
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by alldone(m): 11:28am On Nov 13, 2008
Thank God justice reign again.
We expect that the man will not be frustrated by PDP
i wish him well.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Muza(m): 11:41am On Nov 13, 2008
Congrats Adams,I hope he lives up to and even beyond our expectations.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Okpog(f): 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2008
Happy for him, this is actually victory for all Edo people! I do hope he would not disappoint, there seems to be something about getting into power in Naija that makes people go back on their campaign promises as soon as they step into Govt Houses. I sincerely hope he breaks the jinx, Edo people really deserve good governance after the disaster called 'Igbinedion'!
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by skyranger: 12:40pm On Nov 13, 2008
stanech:

@c33b33
  I am not a fan of the rule of law, i like and admire good governance and i think Osunbur will be better a hundred times mark my word I am from Benin City

Oga u are writing w/o thinking, maybe u just refused to think or there is simply nothing for you to think from.
The fact that Osumbor is from Benin as well as you doesn't mean oshomole would not fare better.
I think you are one of the Tribal pigs our nation is having in it's polity.
The entire nation is showering encomium on a sound and fair judgment, you are talking about achievements. Has Osumbor been probed and found "clean"  neither has Oshomole been tested on this platform of leadership.
Your judgment defies that of a sane and redeemable literate.
So please keep your mouth shut if you must open them, drink from the wine of celebration.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Livvvvy(f): 1:19pm On Nov 13, 2008
tjadeba:

It pains me to my marrow when i wake up everyday and see that IWU (EWU) is still the INEC chairman.what further evidences does the person in charge of Nigeria needs again to fire this stupid man, or does he need him to perpetrate their election malpractises in the next general election?congratz EDO people because this victory is yours from the inception till now.first,you people came out to force them out through your votes because it couldnt have been possible if you didnt vote enmasse for your choice,secondly, you resisted the powers that be during the struggle inspite of the financial resources at the disposal of PDP and the level of poverty in the land, congratulations EDO people

Ewu must be ashamed of himself by now, knowing how incompetent he is. Nothing about him sounds good to me, and I hope he knows that he will keep failing until he apologizes to Nigeria for being used by the Monsters.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by cicero(m): 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2008
I applaud our judicial system for once again protecting and encouraging our democracy.
I congratulate Adams just as a person, becoming a state's governor is promotion.
But I will not celebrate him until his stewardship is proven to be for the generality of the people of Edo State,
and not for kleptomaniacs 'sirening' about as our 'leaders'

May he not go the way of Obasanjo and may the NLC he once led not turn against him.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by HOLAYINCA(m): 2:19pm On Nov 13, 2008
Follow this link, Your Help is needed
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-194767.0.html
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by taosola(m): 2:35pm On Nov 13, 2008
Congratulation to His Excellence oshiOmole for his undinied victory.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by c33b33(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2008
stanech:

@c33b33

Thank you very much that is whatou I will do I will sit down and laugh at you will when your Obama becomes an Abacha grin
laugh at me?! grin,the only way bad administration in Edo state will affect me is if the bad road over there is not repaired cos i pass through there to Lagos atleast twice in 3 months, you have to come to terms with the fact that Adams was elected & Osunbor was selected!you should pray for a better handling of affairs,not because a minority in Edo took power,you the majority wants to die of hyper,take care! cool
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by medman007(m): 4:05pm On Nov 13, 2008
cicero:

I applaud our judicial system for once again protecting and encouraging our democracy.
I congratulate Adams just as a person, becoming a state's governor is promotion.
But I will not celebrate him until his stewardship is proven to be for the generality of the people of Edo State,
and not for kleptomaniacs 'sirening' about as our 'leaders'

May he not go the way of Obasanjo and may the NLC he once led not turn against him.

@cicero,
amen for your prayers and i hope he doesn't get afflicted with the disease of bad governance. also i hope he would prove himself to all nigerians now that he's still the same human right activist he used to be now that he has attained a higher post in politics.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by scholarist: 4:38pm On Nov 13, 2008
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN cheesy

ALLOW ME TO INTRODUCE TO YOU THE NEWEST GOVERNOR IN THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA cool

GOV. ADAMS OSHIOMOLE OBAMA cool cool cool
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by tpia: 4:41pm On Nov 13, 2008
him papa name no be Obama nah. How he come be Obama.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by askme1(m): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2008
let us thank GOD that the our judicial system is beginning to be the hope of common man in Nigeria, and somebody should help me tell our law makers that there should be a law for this kind of CRIMINALS and the state INEC chairman who are stealing peoples mandate for selfish INTEREST.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by MaiSuya(m): 7:12pm On Nov 13, 2008
Oga Adams, Shebi [/i]you see as all of us dey praise you. [i]Donallah, make you deliver oooooooooooo
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by Builder: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2008
The success of a politician is measured by what he achieved in his first 100 days in office, nigerian politicians are

judged by how much they embezzled in the first 100 days in office

I leave it up to you on how we judge the success of the newly sworn-in governor Oshimole , but surely i know what to judged Barack Obama on.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by wale02(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2008
Congrat to people of Edo we hope Adams will not let us down Thank OBJ is not in power he would have do it in his own style "DO OR DIE"
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by nomanicole(f): 12:00am On Nov 14, 2008
congrats menh! God has done it for you ,bros
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by nomanicole(f): 12:02am On Nov 14, 2008
@wale02
please are you wale adeleke? adeola adeleke's brother?
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by cmatrix: 1:48am On Nov 14, 2008
I am not too sure if this’ the best thing for the people of Edo state – but I am willing to afford the new governor a chance to prove himself. It won’t be easy; Osunbor actually did quite a bit in a very short time.

I think my doubts stems from the fact that Oshiomole has always been a radical – and as history have taught us, radicals are never good leaders, as matter of fact for the most part they turn out to be dictators.

As an indigene of the state, I am very leery of all the promises he has made – is anyone wondering how these projects would be paid for?

My biggest concern is that Benin city will become the heaven for thugs – I certainly pray my fears are unfounded.

May God bless the people of Edo state, and our beloved country.
Re: Oshiomole confirmed as Governor of Edo State! by inbox(m): 3:00am On Nov 14, 2008
while congratulating him, I think he should have dwelt more on issues during his inaugural address and not mentioning names

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Has Not Zoned VP-Slot To SW / Speakership: I’m Not Tinubu’s Candidate, Says Gbajabiamila / Insecurity: Be Ahead Of The Attackers - Buhari Orders DSS, Police, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.