Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,676 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (68073 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by mesoade(m): 4:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Even if the guy is a player and he now falls deeply as in really deeply in love with a girl,he'll never have intentions of having sex with her except the girl asks for it.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 4:52pm On Oct 10, 2014
iammo6:
and when you dont, the one u love will assume you are already sleeping outside.
let her assume ist
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 4:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
izaray:
Now u are happily

writing dis, later on, u will come and cry to nairaland for advice dat ur babe dump u, and i will be d first person dat will flog u wit koboko lo
let her dump me first
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
3cycle:
Not possible to be inlove and not have the urge to have sex.
Sex adds flavor to the situationship grin

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cc150615(f): 5:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
hizson:
That's what I call a definition of true love. He will never do what will make her look impure..i once heard of a story abt a guy who refused to ve sex with his gal n she was like bt am not a virgin n his reply was since I was not the one dat deflowered you I still see you like a virgin..my own opinion though... cry cry...I believe love is patient enough to wait..meaning he would definately have the urge bt he should be able to hold on..
the op isn't talking about whether u will do it or not, we all know some responsible guys like to wait, but what he's asking is while you're waiting, are there times that you have this urge to get really physical with her considering you really love her nd probably plan to marry. so I need more honest responses: Can u love someone nd not have the urge to get intimate? Offcos u might have the urge But decide to discipline ursef nd wait. Oya dudes I'm waiting

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cc150615(f): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
chibwike:
yeah, i can't sleep with a girl i truely love...
you've not answered the question, it's not weda u can sleep with her but whether u ever have the urge to sleep with her

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2014
1. Que: Is it possible to love someone without having the desire to kiss, hug or have se/x with them?
Ans: Yes. Love is different from sexual attraction.
*A hug isnt necessarily sexual though*

2. Que: Should you engage in se/x or quarter-to-se/x before marriage?
Ans: No.

3. Que: Should you get married to someone you are not sexually attracted to?
Ans: No, unless you both agree to show the world what a platonic marriage looks like. You should both love and be sexually attracted to the person you are getting married to, so as not to be repulsed by them after marriage.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
Well I think so. There is this girl I love(wife tinz) I am not sexually entice about her but I am for other girls. And I don't like them for wife tinz

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by cc150615(f): 8:18pm On Oct 10, 2014
Driven:
1. Que: Is it possible to love someone without having the desire to kiss, hug or have se/x with them?
Ans: Yes. Love is different from sexual attraction.
*A hug isnt necessarily sexual though*

2. Que: Should you engage in se/x or quarter-to-se/x before marriage?
Ans: No.

3. Que: Should you get married to someone you are not sexually attracted to?
Ans: No, unless you both agree to show the world what a platonic marriage looks like. You should both love and be sexually attracted to the person you are getting married to, so as not to be repulsed by them after marriage.
Your analysis is awesome.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
cc150615, thanks.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by tobiboss(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2014
cc150615:

the op isn't talking about whether u will do it or not, we all know some responsible guys like to wait, but what he's asking is while you're waiting, are there times that you have this urge to get really physical with her considering you really love her nd probably plan to marry. so I need more honest responses: Can u love someone nd not have the urge to get intimate? Offcos u might have the urge But decide to discipline ursef nd wait. Oya dudes I'm waiting
ofcos u'll av d urge to get intimate, i do blieve dat wen u reali reali luv sum1, dat person bcoms (sèxually)attractive to u, even tho 2 a normal person, he/she might b d ugliest creature in d wrld, so yes, it's possible to: av urges to wnt to av sex, av sex, and restrict yasef(depending on d way d person sees sex) 4rm avin sex wit d person u luff

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by faithugo64(f): 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
cc150615:

tnx swthrt,its like you are the only one who understood the question. But

hey am a female not a male grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by kay29000(m): 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the desire to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!

Never!!! Unless one partner is gay and doesn't know it.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by dennykel60: 9:25pm On Oct 10, 2014
I can not have sex with someone I don't love. That is a fact.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ademi87(m): 9:58pm On Oct 10, 2014
In my own solo opinion... I tink dere is notin lyk impossible under d sky but I dnt tink I can do it. Initially it might be ignored but subsequently it ll bcome unbearable for me....dnt get me wrong sex no be fud ooo but d point is dat human being ll always be human being na emotion we dey talk ooo...#am sorry its goin to be practically difficult for meah if not impossible sef.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by 100Cents: 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2014
mesoade:
so,she's even the one complaining ure not having sex with her?

Girls sha,confused set of beings

That's how they are. Giving confusing signals..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by faithugo64(f): 9:53am On Oct 11, 2014
ademi87:
In my own solo opinion... I tink dere is notin lyk impossible under d sky but I dnt tink I can do it. Initially it might be ignored but subsequently it ll bcome unbearable for me....dnt get me wrong sex no be fud ooo but d point is dat human being ll always be human being na emotion we dey talk ooo...#am sorry its goin to be practically difficult for meah if not impossible sef.
i like your honesty dude!
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by valdes00(m): 10:01am On Oct 11, 2014
Yea its possible, wen d guy is impotent...... Nonsense.... Niggaz be actin mr nice guy....

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by THAINDIVIDUAL(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2014
Sexual attraction is one thing you can't remove when it comes to love but its not the all and all. When you love someone, you have this chemistry between two of you.

Men can wait till marriage and not have sex with their spouses doesn't mean they don't feel it except they're practising sister and brother love where they'll only talk about church things.

When you start sharing your feelings with a woman you love, saying how she makes you feel. You'll start having the urge to kiss and touch her.

So, saying sexual attraction is not love is false because to love a woman romantically, there'll be romance except its just friendship where emotional things are not shared, just normal daily life gist.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ademi87(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
winkQuote author=faithugo64 post=27045826]i like your honesty dude![/quote]really!!! How abt a date? K let's start with dinner...lolzzz just kidding...tnx alot
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by tuwayz(m): 12:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Even on the internet where identities are hardly revealed people are pretending, chaiiii those of u lying who are u trying to deceive because dat u girlfriend u should b deceiving is not even here abeg wake up jhor
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ratatis(m): 10:55am On Oct 18, 2014
On one hand, I can be in love with a lady without having a desire to have sex with her. The love I have for her does not depend on her beauty. Also, she may even be someone I don't intend marrying - e.g. having a prospective suitor. Besides, not every lady has what it takes to appeal to me sexually.
On the other hand, I may have strong lust towards a lady without being in love with her - I will be giving her goodwill, which to me is quite different from love. However, as time goes on, I may or may not begin to develop real love for her gradually. The lust will still be there! The true love always starts gradually & continues to deepen more & more as time goes on. So, as soon as I start experiencing this feeling & I feel I don't want it, for whatever reason, I gradually cut off from her. I don't wait untill it grows so deep. For example, when a lady & I are mere "play partners", & realize we will have serious problems if we are to be in committed relationship - some women are aware there will, indeed, be problem, but they press ahead, believing they can change things to favour them after they have settled down with a man.
In short, love, for me, is different from lust, although the lust may gradually engender love, depending on whether I entertain it or not.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ratatis(m): 11:52am On Oct 18, 2014
It's difficult for some women to conceive how a man can be in love with a lady & does not desire to have sex with her, yet does it with another lady. It's possible with me.
"It takes all sorts to make a world". A lady should endeavor to understand her man & should not judge him according to how some men behave, merely 'cos it's popular.
Oddly, I have male friends who always believe they are in love, when,from my perspective, they are merely in deep lust or even, in infatuation. They don't seem to distinguish between being in lust & being in love & they find it difficult to understand me when I say I can & do love a lady without desiring to sex her. These are the ones who make comments like"What is this man seeing in this lady that he so loves her?". They will habitually care & provide for a lady only with the sole aim of using her to feed their lust. Once they have fed their lust a number of times with a particular lady, their interest & attention move on to another lady. They then find one excuse or another to drop the former. Sometimes, if an abandoned lady has developed, what to me appears to be, love for the guy, & knowing that he & I are friends, has come to me to assist in resolving their issue, in the course of mediating, I will find that all along, the guy was in lust & not at all in love with the lady. I am not referring to "toto-testers" who go about counting numbers. I am talking about those who seem only to lust.

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by charlesoladipo(m): 1:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
It's easier said than done but in reality it's a different ball game.Truly love and sex are entirely two different things.We should know that if care's not taken the formal will spark up the latter.Everything depends on your emotion.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Youngpo413: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
3cycle:
Not possible to be inlove and not have the urge to have sex.
Sex adds flavor to the situationship grin

Yeah, sex adds flavour,a very good flavour that leads to "see finish syndrome" followed by heartbreak.
Congrat.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Youngpo413:

Yeah, sex adds flavour,a very good flavour that leads to "see finish syndrome" followed by heartbreak.
Congrat.
S.hit happens, it doesn't stop us from loving.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
Hmm, not even a kiss sef, or smal petting..den why r u lovers in the first place...?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Youngpo413: 1:49pm On Oct 26, 2014
3cycle:

S.hit happens, it doesn't stop us from loving.

shittt happened to me once and it stops me from loving,I wish I could have your mindset...anyway,happy sunday.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
Youngpo413:

shittt happened to me once and it stops me from loving,I wish I could have your mindset...anyway,happy sunday.
Don't worry, when you meet the one you would certainly love again.
Happy sunday
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by novemberboi: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
So wots gonna give d relationship d spark needed?both feminine's got urge u knw...
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Youngpo413: 2:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
3cycle:

Don't worry, when you meet the one you would certainly love again.
Happy sunday

Thanks
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Missmossy(f): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Yes! Its very possible. Love and sex are different entities yet one may complement the other in certain instances.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

If Your Spouse Ex Brings This Range-Rover On Your Wedding Day (Photo) / When A Nigerian Lady Says She Wants A "God-fearing Man", This Is What She Means / A Lady's Response To A Guy Who Sent Her A Pic Of His Genitals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.