Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? (67939 Views)

I Refused To Let Him Take His New Babe To My House To Sleep With. / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 26, 2014
Yes, it is very possible. I do not have the desire to sleep with the girl I am falling for, but I can hug and kiss her, sha.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Squall(m): 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2014
It s possible bt nt easy tho (1 outoff 1000 or more) depending on so many factors surrounding ur nearness 2d pson.

1: if de lov is de firefox type en de sparkling tings r dere -sex possible wink
2: if de sparkling tings r left half naked -sex possible cheesy
3: sleep 2gather most times -sex possible smiley

bt seriously if sex is still nt a demonstration of lov why woud cheating always be a problm because i blive one mek sex 2d pson he/she lovs grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by dasparrow: 8:18am On Oct 27, 2014
faithugo64:
so why then do people think that sex has nothing to do with love?

Because it doesn't. That is why a guy can whisper sweet things to you one minute, have sex with you the next and call you tomorrow telling you that what happened the night before was nothing serious. Men don't need to love you to have sex with you. Many see women's vargina as a sperm* receptacle that's all. No emotions and feelings involved whatsoever. They are just satisfying nature's urge. A person who truly loves you does not need to have sex with you to prove their love for you. There are many ways of showing a person you love them without asking for their private part. In fact, a person who truly loves you will not ask to defile your body. They will rather do the honorable thing and ask for your hand in marriage first and once you both are married, then sex with follow. Its how God intended it.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by faithugo64(f): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2014
dasparrow:

Because it doesn't. That is why a guy can whisper sweet things to you one minute, have sex with you the next and call you tomorrow telling you that what happened the night before was nothing serious. Men don't need to love you to have sex with you. Many see women's vargina as a sperm* receptacle that's all. No emotions and feelings involved whatsoever. They are just satisfying nature's urge. A person who truly loves you does not need to have sex with you to prove their love for you. There are many ways of showing a person you love them without asking for their private part. In fact, a person who truly loves you will not ask to defile your body. They will rather do the honorable thing and ask for your hand in marriage first and once you both are married, then sex with follow. Its how God intended it.
good one sir,but you did not get the question,the question is can you love someone(not agape love o)and not have the DESIRE(urge)to kiss,hug or have sex with the person? I am talking of urges here and not doing the real thing.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by faithugo64(f): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2014
Double post
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by zeongeon: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2014
Let's stop deceiving ourSelveS there is no way u can truely love someone without u being sexually attracted to the person..I am talking from a male point of view...if a guy Says he loves u and is not sexually attracted to U then may b ur his sister.

That Sexual attraction iS there when u love someone that is why our parents gave birth to each and every one of us because daddy's love had a blend of sexual attraction .

You can only control the urge and thought of not having sex with the person till after marriage...Love makes u respect the other party wish of waiting till marriage, love fears God and decides to obey his commandment of not commiting fornication, Love seeks to know more about the person, look Seeks to grow old with the person BUT love doesn't kill d sexual attraction or d urge for sex rather U make the decision to control and abstain.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 10:31am On Oct 27, 2014
chibwike:
yeah, i can't sleep with a girl i truely love...
ahn ahn meaning that sex is a disease or what?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by destante(f): 10:45am On Oct 27, 2014
How can you love someone romantically and not have the "desire" to sleep with them if you are honest? The discipline starts from where you decide not to act on your desires. So its impossible not to have a desire, but it is possible not to actually get down with them.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2014
marieolae:
ahn ahn meaning that sex is a disease or what?
sex is not a disease....buh i feel...you tend to have sex with someone whom you dont respect..since we all know that premarital sex is not gud....so i love her, i respect her..i wont have sex with her
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ERCROSS(m): 11:39am On Oct 27, 2014
destante:
How can you love someone romantically and not have the "desire" to sleep with them if you are honest? The discipline starts from where you decide not to act on your desires. So its impossible not to have a desire, but it is possible not to actually get down with them.

Thank u jare..
Good point..
Sum people be forming holy holy hia..
#hypocrites..

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2014
chibwike:
sex is not a disease....buh i feel...you tend to have sex with someone whom you dont respect..since we all know that premarital sex is not gud....so i love her, i respect her..i wont have sex with her
yes! You won't have sex with her but dt doesn't mean u wouldn't have the urge.

No matter how disciplined or 'spiritual' anyone is, you can't just stop the desire from coming. If u have dx 'love-flu for someone, I bet u! The urge will come. It'll come so hard like a tsunami.

This is where ur decision now comes in. You can decide not to yield or not

PS: You can't stop a bird from flying over your head but you can stop it from building a nest on your head
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by williams20(m): 11:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Its all about the individuals involved.
its the most possible scenario, sex is not love and love is not sex.
marriage is more than just the physical attractions , it means much more than sex or romance. the whole idea of marriage is companionship and should be treated as such. when you marry forsex and romance you end up getting tired of the whole sex thing cos that was the reason your mind was programmed to go into the relationship for.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2014
@op when ah love a girl..... and when I truly do......

That "thing" never comes to my mind
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Georgematics(m): 12:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
IMO, if you love someone there are a lot of things you can do to prove your love and a lot more that can be done to keep the desire beaming and s.ex is not one of them. unfortunately, our mentality is slowly drifting towards evil/ungodly pattern of thinking due to the sad experiences we or our close friends had about break up, guys this days think se.x is a kind of reward you earn from investing in a r/ship and some of our beloved ladies put a price on their bodies...hugs & pecks are normal stuffs we share with people we care about, so that's no biggie.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 8:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
chibwike:
so a guy that has sex with his girlfriend,does not respect her right?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by faithugo64(f): 8:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
MuhdG:
@op when ah love a girl..... and when I truly do......

That "thing" never comes to my mind
so you dont get the urge?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2014
marieolae:
so a guy that has sex with his girlfriend,does not respect her right?
yes...if she dosen't want it
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by marieolae(f): 8:54pm On Oct 27, 2014
chibwike:
yes...if she dosen't want it
I see
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by chibwike(m): 8:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
marieolae:
I see
Lol..you are always seeing...aren't you tired

1 Like

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by obisite: 10:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
Avoiding not to sleep with some one loves is trying to stick to biblical instructions..'being religious n faithful to God' Outside that sex could be seen as one of the bond between lovers... Cos it came up through emotional arousal... .base on personality of the partners involved, sex is their love expression, while abstainance of sex is expression of love to others
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Homguy(m): 12:12am On Oct 28, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!
yes its possible. That's why we have friend zones.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Homguy(m): 12:12am On Oct 28, 2014
faithugo64:
most ladies believe that a guy who loves you would never want to sleep with you untill he marries you.so here is my question

is it possible to love someone and not have the DESIRE to kiss,hug or have sex with him/her?

Please i don't mean having sex with the person,i mean is it possible not to have the DESIRE(wanting) to be intimate with that person.

NOTE: HERE AM NOT TALKING ABOUT AGAPE LOVE O!!!
yes its possible. That's why we have friend zones.you love them but can't do them.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 8:43am On Oct 28, 2014
faithugo64:
so you dont get the urge?

Forget urge..

I just can't picture us getting physical
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by ratatis(m): 9:24am On Oct 28, 2014
Homguy:
yes its possible. That's why we have friend zones.you love them but can't do them.

I concur.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by jujutom(m): 9:29am On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by enomakos(m): 10:18pm On Nov 07, 2014
how can you cook a soup without tasting?
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 07, 2014
Sex is integral part of the word 'love'.
Science tells that a male's job is to
spread his genes through reproduction. Human beings are emotional and can express emotions.
So of course when you fall in love with
a girl, you want to have sex with her.
AND not with any other girl.
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by BreezyRita(f): 12:21am On Nov 08, 2014
If you ask me, na who I go ask
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by abbeyoye2001(m): 9:24pm On Nov 12, 2014
Oh yes
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by Codedboy95(m): 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
very possible..
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by obbasiasa(m): 9:26pm On Nov 12, 2014
faithugo64:
so why then do people think that sex has nothing to do with love?
answer it by ur self joor
Re: Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? by hardbody: 9:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
chibwike:
Yeah, i can't sleep with a girl i truely love...

Do you have dysfuntional issues or u only sleep with ashewos? Just asking. No offence intended.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Man Shares Photo Of His Spouse & Says She’s Giving Randy Men Sleepless Nights / Bohairs: Lady Who Shakes Bum Bum On Instagram Becomes Landlord In Lagos / I Dumped A Potential Boyfriend Because He Asked Me To Cook - Anne Oluchi Ifediba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.