Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen (13103 Views)

When She Says She Has Not Seen Her Period (photo) / Is It Possible To Love Someone And Not Have The Desire To Sleep With The Person? / You Love Someone So Much, But You Have To Let Him/Her Go! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by thweraja10: 5:39pm On Feb 03, 2010
I have heard of cases where people meet on phone on internet and they started dating and for months they are yet to see each other, so please nairalanders is it possible to love someone you have not seen but you call often.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 5:41pm On Feb 03, 2010
It is possible but most times at the end of the day,you dont believe it is the person you hv been talking to.Blind dating culd be hilarious and shocking atimes
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Freiburger(m): 5:42pm On Feb 03, 2010
@ poster can you please tell me the definition of dating?
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 03, 2010
Some monsters may claim they look like Adonises and vice versa and when they eventually meet, both parties are tragically disappointed and never hear from eachother again grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by nana(f): 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Some monsters may claim they looks like Adonises and vice versa so when they eventually meet, both parties are tragically disappointed and never hear from eachother again grin
This cracked me up big time cheesy
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by adosjun(m): 6:01pm On Feb 03, 2010
It do happen but they must xchamge pics b4 they meet. Hey ebony hw r u? I added u but hvn't heard frm u. I'm online nw.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by snowdrops(m): 6:02pm On Feb 03, 2010
Nothing is impossible if you believe
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by MissyB1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 03, 2010
You CANNOT Love some1 You don't Know and You CANNOT Know some1 You've not seen.
Therefore, You CANNOT Love someone You've not seen. Impossibile.

Strong attraction. . . Yes!

1 Like

Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by sweetpie23: 6:12pm On Feb 03, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Some monsters may claim they looks like Adonises and vice versa so when they eventually meet, both parties are tragically disappointed and never hear from eachother again grin
this girl grin grin grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 8:06pm On Feb 03, 2010
Missy B:

Strong attraction. . . Yes!

although you are absolutely right about that statement, you have to understand who we are dealing with here.

a person who is desperate, lonely, shy, reclusive etc would easily fall for the words that this person is saying/typing.
i guess what the poster was saying was: "someone you have never met in real life" because you can see anyone through a webcam or photo.

people fall in love with strangers everyday, look at the news and see how people travel the world to meet people they have only known through online single sites and instant messenger.

the catch is to ask: is this really love or is it just infatuation/desperation etc?
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by kokoye(m): 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2010
Could be something else but aint love for sure.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by vfocus(f): 2:21am On Feb 04, 2010
Haven't there been people on this site who have said they met their husband/wife online.
I think can fall in love online, but it needs to be comfirmed before making proper commitments, you may say the person is sad/lonely/etc, but what if they're just finding Mr/Miss right there?
Just need to meet, but meeting will only confirm the feelings, if they are real, or banish them if they are not.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by puskin: 2:46am On Feb 04, 2010
thweraja10:

I have heard of cases where people meet on phone on internet and they started dating and for months they are yet to see each other, so please nairalanders is it possible to love someone you have not seen but you call often.

. . . . . . . . unless U want to be a permanent visitor to Yaba left. grin grin grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nothing is wrong in it jare, cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by DeepSoul(f): 12:55pm On Feb 05, 2010
You CANNOT date sm1 you have not seen.

But you CAN fall in love with sm1 you havent seen.

The 1st time I fell in love was with sm1 I met online.

I met him in 2003. We talked (phone and chat) for one year. Developed strong feelings for each other and suspected we might be in love.

So after one year, he travelled to come see me and immediately I saw him, our feelings were confirmed.

After that we dated for like 2yrs+. So in this funny world we live in, there are no hard and fast rules when it comes to lurrve!  kiss
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by opokonwa(m): 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2010
@Question
Anthing is possible
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by oge4real(f): 5:40pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yea, sure.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Preggy1: 5:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
So many years ago! I was in love with someone i havent seen! He called him regularly and of course (sent me recharge cards. . LOL ) grin

He travelled finally to the East to see me! The moment i saw him. I almost dodge him & acted like it wasnt me! The love cleared immediately from my eyes! shocked shocked
I was taller than him & he wasnt good looking at all! I wish I never saw him at all! He has a nice heart but he aint my type! He spent a day and left and I gradually cut off from him; avoiding his calls etc.

Its very possible to love someone you havent seen dear!
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by sweetmum(f): 5:53pm On Feb 05, 2010
yep!!
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Ken1: 7:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
i can definitely luv a girl without meeting her b/4. Dat depends on d passion b/w us
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by baybbootz(f): 9:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
we love our creator,bt we have neva seen him smileyjust joking

on a more serious note i think its very possible,am talking from experience grin grin grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by elohorm(f): 9:36pm On Feb 05, 2010
Yes, it can happen as a result of how n wat u guys talk abt. But u may b dissapointed wen u both meet, most timx u may nt lik hs or her physical look.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by elohorm(f): 9:39pm On Feb 05, 2010
Lets say it wasn't love, call it likeness.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by unitee(f): 10:02pm On Feb 05, 2010
@poster I dont think its possible to love someone you havent seen,,,, but Its possible to like them or be drawn to them with some force you may want to meet with the person and take it from there, but not before meeting because you may faint when you meet the person and you already in love only to be confronted by a monster
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by whiteroses(f): 12:56am On Feb 06, 2010
yes if you are an idiot, you havent at leadt seen them on facebook and love them
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by iice(f): 3:42pm On Feb 06, 2010
Like, attracted. . .maybe love too, though not in exactly in the lustful way.  For that, you need to experience physical attraction. Not to say it can't happen without meeting up. . .the mind is a powerful too. People can create grand delusions grin
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by vivaladiva(f): 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2010
no room 4 blind date, shebi skype n yahoo dey, at least 4 uk e dey, so we cn eliminate unecessary let dwns wen u finally meet, u cn evn see if he has a dodgy wonker b4 u meet
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by oluclem(m): 4:31pm On Feb 06, 2010
It is possible, cos it happen to me. Her nice voice on d phone attracted me & dat was the begining of everything. We met a year later & dated 4 three years after b4 distance finally seperated us.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by skipo4u(m): 8:31am On Feb 07, 2010
yes,
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by H2O2: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2010
Yes dude you can definitely fall in love through internet romance.  Although those feelings may not be a good predictor of what meeting your lover in person would be like.  That physical meeting (if it happens) can either enhance, reinforce and tighten the spark of love you have developed, or it may kill it.

In all I would say don't be discouraged by the iea of possibly loving someone you have not seen, even if it is the fantastic idea of that person you are in love with.  Even though folks can lie about their identity (but that happens both in person and in cyber-reality). A lot of love these days are heavily devoted to our imaginings of what we feel about the other person, because it's truly impossible to completely know that person inside-out.

One of the benefits is that you would probably get to connect deeply to the core of that person's personality.
Re: Can You Love Someone You Have Not Seen by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2010
I think it's very possible to fall in love with someone you've not met in person. Aside from the physical appearance preferences, wat we fall in love with is his or her personality and that can be detected over the phone, especially if both parties are sincere.

I never thought I'd say this but the way guys go on and on about intimacy these days, I think online dating is the best. That way you can study the person from far and get to know him or her before the intimacy comes! Most of the time, all we ever think of when we meet a girl or guy is intimacy and we all know how that can cloud your judgement.

So yes, people can fall in love without seeing each other . . . . If they are sincere!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Ladies Only! Guys, You Can Onlytake A Peep, And Maybe A Litle Contribution / Ogun Twitter Hangout: People Dig Out Pictures Of The Lady Pressed By A Guy. / 10 Ways Guys Console Themselves When They Are Tired Of Searching For Girlfriends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.