Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,247 members, 7,953,926 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:08 AM

BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi (24922 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Port Harcourt Mono Rail Test Run / Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by ba7man(m): 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2014
coolscott:

I wish I could understand what you are trying to say.
He means he's never been in support of the project regarldless of what party Gov Amechi is or was.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 2:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
ba7man:
He means he's never been in support of the project regarldless of what party Gov Amechi is or was.

Thank u. The goon obviously has comprehension issues.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by ba7man(m): 2:40pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

Thank u. The goon obviously has comprehension issues.
Anytime. cool
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by openmine(m): 4:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
Still dont get this ohh...whether he is in pdp when he conceived that 'wonderous' idea of a monorail project or now that he is in apc is none of my business...what difference does it make?
the truth is quite obvious...the monorail project was and still is a total disaster and a waste of public funds by gov amaechi...enuff said!!!
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Ephemmm: 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Max24:

For your info, politicians will always have an excuse for non-performance. Is Rivers the only state with so called 50% reduction of grants as u say? How come other states equally hit delivered on their own projects. Its all about management of resources, focus and self interest. Amaechi simply allowed his parochial interest override the interest of his Rivers people. He need not have gone the way he went. All his oratory skills did not put food on the table for Riverians.

Is the rail project carried out by all states? Or is rail project the only project being executed by Amaechi? Nearly all Governors are complaining if you are so current. If Lagos with much internally generated revenue can be complaining, how much more of River State. Or why is Fashola collecting Lekki's toll gate to augment the state's indebtedness?

If Amaechi planned well after his resumption of office, U should have known that he would have considered the grant from FG before embarking on such capital-intensive project which less than 4 to 3 states have only embarked upon.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by cuteboy2: 8:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
Does RVSG's empty treasury surprise anyone?

Amaechi handed over the state treasury lock, stock and barrel to Tinubu so what do you expect? Tinubu's Nation newspaper is flown in by RVSG free everyday as part of his contributions in the war against GEJ. And what did Rivers state get in return? NOTHING!!!!

The APC chairmanship slot they promised him never never materialized. Now they are promising him Vice President as long as he keeps writing the cheques. This will be another hot air.

I feel sorry for Rivers people. Go and see what Akpabio is doing in Akwa Ibom state with his own allocation.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by MadCow1: 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2014
OreMI22:

Why should Wike complete Amaechi's mess? Amaechi should clear his mess and not create problems for the in coming government.

See how Akpabio transformed his state within 8 years on the same amount of money as Amaechi, while Amaechi is busy giving all sorts of excuses for his thievery. If Amechi built half of Akpabio's structures,roads,libraries,modern stadia, modern schools,university,hospitals,bridges, flyovers, 5-star hotels, airports etc in PH, it would have been the most developed Nigerian city today.

https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures

[b]Akpabio is the richest Governor in the South-South..

He collected ALL the oil wells that previously belonged to Cross Rivers and added it to his (Via the courts and the FG).. This increased the income into Akwa Ibom State..

He also collected some wells from Rivers State as well that yet increased his states IGR even more.. Took a while for Governor Amaechi to get the Supreme Courts to overturn the F.G's decision to adjust the boundaries and returned all the wells collected to Rivers State with an order for Akwa Ibom to repay Rivers State Government all monies it accrued from those wells in the period they owned them which they are yet to do..

Akwa Ibom (prior to Akpabio) was the most under-developed South South state. This means he had a blank slate to work on and didnt have to put up with the stress of trying to salvage an over-crowded and poorly planned city like Amaechi has to do in Rivers State (esp Port-Harcourt). So where a 20 Million Naira road would cost Akwa Ibom 20 Million Naira to build, it woudl cost Rivers State 60 Million because of the cost of demolishing existing poor structures, payment of compensation and then the cost of the new works..

Where Akpabio has a much smaller city, smaller civil service workforce, e.t.c to deal with... Rivers State Government had a much bigger and complicated city to reform and rebuild, a much bigger Civil service to reform whilst paying them their wages, A new City to build whilst trying not to neglect the old, e.t.c..

Directly comparing Rivers State to Akwa Ibom or Akpabios works to Amaechis works should never come up.. The hurdles a Governor of Rivers State has to jump is way way bigger and more complex than anything an Akwa Ibom governor can ever imagine..

That said:: Lets compare Akpabios Project with that of Amaechi and match them pound for pound::

The number of schools built by Gov. Amaechi and their quality can not be compared to that ridiculousness built by Apkabio. Even the Rochas schools are better than Apkabios schools..

The Akwa Ibom Stadium vs the New Rivers State Stadium? Lets check em..

Amaechis Stadium/Sports City..

capacity - 46,000

Akpabios Stadium

Capacity - 30,000..

This is just comparing capacity and volume or work o!! Lets then check out the cost difference of both stadiums and see which makes more sense if possible.

Public Schools...

Amaechis Public Schools... - Built, furnished, equipped with labs, farms, playgrounds and books.. over 3000 New better qualified teachers recruited and free Government school uniforms for all RIvers State children

[img]http://4.bp..com/-RwBRvDliBLA/UoNk854jqhI/AAAAAAAABs0/uE7UxsOqwEw/s1600/Model+Primary+School%252C+Oginigba%252C+Rivers+State.jpg[/img]

[img]http://1.bp..com/-ktLiUl5QvD8/UoNlAwPuaKI/AAAAAAAABs8/hp6B1eDKGLk/s1600/Model+Primary+School%252C+Rumuokoro%252C+Rivers+State.jpg[/img]

This is the only picture I can find of a Public school built by Akpabio in Akwa Ibom..

In terms of Public schools and Education, Amaechi wipes to floor with Akpabio.. #NoContest..

Should we talk about Hospitals/Health centres?! Please bring me that clinic that Akpabio built that would put any of Amaechis Clinics and/or Health Centres to shame..

Did you know That Amaechi actually tried to handle the Rehabilitation of Port Harcourt Airport himself and was stone-walled by the F.G. Amaechis is still disgusted by the new Airport terminal currently under construction and refers to it a a 'warehouse' and not an International Airport befitting of a s city like Port Harcourt.. So Yeah! Apkabio scores one project that Amaechi did not take on in Rivers State..

Please lets not continue this comparison.. Only those that are not politically aware would think Akpabio is a greater achiever than Amaechi.. The only place Akapbio trumps Amaechi is ROADS.. Julius constructed in Akwa Ibom and a cut throat price.. LCC, RCC, MCC, Setraco, Deux and co constructed in Rivers State for almost equal standard and less than 3/4 of Julius Bergers price..

#thanks...

#GodBlessRiversState|Amaechi|ThePDP except Wike, Go-Round aka Felix and all those enemies of Amaechi.[/b]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 9:53pm On Oct 30, 2014
CoolScott:

What is the connection between what you are saying now and the appraisal of the decision to carry out this project in the first place?
**head scratcher**

Demdem:

There is a reason why this page is called a thread. Discussions are multifaceted and leads to several variables. Read up and determine for ursef what led to it.
Am ain't here to spoonfeed u. Put ur brain to work instead of scratching it which is a wasteful venture.
Is that the connection? Accept my sympathies?
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:02am On Oct 31, 2014
coolscott:

Is that the connection? Accept my sympathies?

Fool, u made no sense. Sympathize instead with ur cursed seeds.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
Demdem:

Fool, u made no sense. Sympathize instead with ur cursed seeds.

Bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SGF Suspension: How Threat To Withhold $1:2bn EU Aid Forced Buhari's Hand / Nigerian Soldiers Worshipping God In The Northeast: VIDEO / Which States Will Produce The Most Electricity?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.