Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,023 members, 7,818,026 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! (44724 Views)

How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
iykedare:

Say the truth.w hat do you want from me?

Nothing.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
elipheleh:

IGNORING CHEATING IS NOT DIFFICULT . ITS HUMANS THAT MAKE IT LOOK BAD...AS FAR AS A MAN STILL HASNT DIVORCED YOU, JUST OVERLOOK IT AND U WILL BE HAPPY IN THE END.

GOD PLS GIVE ME AN ENDURING WOMAN.

God ke ? Isn't God against adultery? cheesy

An enduring wife won't be hard to find if you're a rich man. Women prefer to cry about a cheating husband in a Ferrari than on Okada.

But if you no get money (pay check to pay check hustle), an enduring woman will be tough to find.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by iykedare(m): 2:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Nothing.

Before I give you What you want, you need t0 apologize for calling me "shallow ". Don't keep me waiting
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
iykedare:

Because? Because she told some truth. You women hate the truth

What truth?

That a man or woman can cheat on his/her spouse because they are not fit?

Ma binu

Carry go
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

You know, I am sometimes tempted to think you are not a lady.

My exact thought after I read that comment. That can't be coming from a woman or someone who even has female friends.

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by iykedare(m): 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
Let's get serious here. You think guys who workout are shallow,? The fact that you prefer "pregnant " men does n0t mean that other women don't.

Carefreehater
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Drkul(f): 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
Adulterous Affairs Don’t Begin with Sleeping Together; they begin with inappropriate friendships. Friendship and emotional attachments with people of the opposite sex can spell danger for your marriage. Protect your marriage by avoiding private communications and intimate conversations with people of the opposite sex. Beware of workmates who seem too concerned with your personal private life; those that tell you “let me know if you need anything.” Beware of those that give you exaggerated and suggestive compliments about the way you look. Regardless of what is happening in your marriage don’t give the Devil a foothold in your marriage by falling victim to this trap. Let your workmates know there are things you won’t tolerate. Keep a healthy physical, social and emotional distance between you and people of the opposite sex. - Isaac Kubvoruno.
the problem with men and women today is they feel that if they dont have sex with the person its ok.Anything that you have to hide from your spouse :conversation, text etc. is not ok its called an emotional affair this hurts just as much as a physical affair and could eventually lead to sex in the long run.

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Classicman47(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

All sin is sin

According to Christian theology there should be no difference between adultery and fornication

Moreover the bible allows for divorce in the event of infidelity or adultery

More naija people should exercise that option like our counterparts in the West.

Too many cheating threads everywhere

Why are U particularly offended by this post?? Or do U have anything to hide? Haba.
Its a free world dear.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by CzarChris(m): 3:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No, I have not cheated and I have never made any guy believe that he is my one and only when he was not.

Some people have values, you know?

I couldn't respect myself if I was a liar and I don't even surround myself with such people.

Judging from your moniker and the statement above, I see a huge contradiction. But whatever rocks your boat. I'm gon keep being real.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

what has spirit of God got to do with putting in work in your marraige? What's with the idealistic nonsense with you people? Where do you think this is? Utopia? Disney land? grin

Who ever said staying fit and attractive is enough? Don't be so simple minded. Putting in work doesn't gurantee succes, but it increses the chance of success. There are many moving parts in marraige. Fitness and attraction are just of two of many, but they are every important when it comes to the sexuãl life of a couple. Good sëx is important. Good and regular sëx decreases the chance of infidelity.

Neglect those two at your own peril.

the forefathers didn't cheat on their fat wives; instead, they wifed up a fresh and curvy 'opeke'. cheesy

Nigerian wives looking fit? Since when? Bukatyne stop the jokes abeg.

You are not in Nigeria and by magic, you know that all Nigerian wives are not fit?

My point is that the forefathers did not need to use fat as boju boju; they cheated when they wanted and married extra wives and besides, fat or plump was the in thing then

I apologize engaging you without knowing your beliefs; since you do not know the correlation between spirit of God and putting work in marriage

It is well

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
iykedare:

Say the truth.w hat do you want from me?
Dude she's attracted to the fit guy in that photo, this is her style.. grin
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Godmystrength: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
ferdimako:

You included...since nobody is a virgin or married as one...nobody has the right to talk.
for you to say this with this high level of certainty, then i might not be wrong to ask if you are the one deflowering everybody?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 3:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Answer yourself the following question and you will know:

Why would you display a picture of yourself in which you are half-n*aked?

You will die before you ever admit you like that picture grin

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 3:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

You are not in Nigeria and by magic, you know that all Nigerian wives are not fit?

My point is that the forefathers did not need to use fat as boju boju; they cheated when they wanted and married extra wives and besides, fat or plump was the in thing then

I apologize engaging you without knowing your beliefs; since you do not know the correlation between spirit of God and putting work in marriage

It is well

that's exactly the point.....
our forefathers did not need any excuse because polygyny was normal then. if a wife stops to look attractive, she was magnanimous enough to marry another wife for her husband......

that option is no longer available for today's men.....so it's become a situation where they have to speak out or wander into extra-marital affairs since the society has now stigmatised polygamous marriage.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
rolled:
Cheating on your wife actually makes you love her more

*faints*
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Missmossy(f): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
elipheleh:

FUN B4 OR AFTER MARRIAGE IS THESAME THING. YOU ARE CHEATING ON YOUR FUTURE HUBBY.SO DONT COME HERE AND CONDEMN US. I KNOW IT IS MEN U GIRLS ARE ANGRY ABOUT.

I HATE HIPOCRITES.

IF U DIDNT MARRY AS A VIRGIN , ABEG FREE UR SPOUSE JOR
Rubbish! Like you know me before. Don't quote me next time to spill trash.

What a gibberish talk!

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by ayobase(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
elipheleh:

YOU KNOW I CAN RETIRE YOU AND YOUR PARENTS TOGETHERBAND PAY U GUYS 10 YRS PENSION INSTANTLY. OLODO

na d matter pain u sotey wey u come dey wet me with saliva?

digbolugi ma ni eleyi ke.

stop shouting and go take ur drugs.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

it's not so black & white.
in a way, you can hardly blame married men that cheat. the only thing that can make a man go outside is because what he has inside is no longer attractive to him.

what is the role of the wives in this? that's what you should be looking at? women just generally stop trying to look good especially after having a child or two. what's a man supposed to do when tri-weekly sėx becomes bi-monthly sėx?

he should go to divorce court & chase out the mother of his children? cheating is the easier option. it's not like i am condoning this but women cannot just add 20kg out of nowhere & expect to still be attractive to their husbands.

20kg.? Did I just hear. You say from nowhere? After mentioning children?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Women keeping fit or men being trim is outside the scope of this thread. Like the OP implied, it is for many that has the spirit of God working in them

Anybody that thinks looking fit and co is enough to keep a randy man/woman in check, carry go.

Those who have the spirit of God will discern the OP and work towards it.

Nigerian wives have been looking fit now more than ever and I never heard our forefathers cheat on their wives because they were fat. Like Acidosis said, if you cheat, just do; no need for long turnechi.
First of all, our forefathers didn't cheat because it would be hard getting a woman to cheat with when they're not married to her or at least, made their intention known to her family...women had more dignity and morals back then.

Secondly, the majority of women in the days of our forefathers were not fat. They were mostly average sized to slim with the exception of those who were fat due to genetics.
I guess you know why right? Farming, trading, trekking long distances, and of course, no fast foods wink

If you doubt it, go look up photos of your grandparents....

4 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
Poznan:
In all honesty, it is notan easy battle to be chaste in marriage. I have a pretty wife and a very cute son, and i can say in all honesty that i have been under situations that could have made me do it. But i had tofight it. My marriage meant i hadto stick to my wife. She may not be the best sex partner, she may be odd in bed, perhaps, but i have a commitment to her and i wish to see it out.

I don't claim to be a saint. No. Jah knows i am not. But the truth is, single and married, chastity is a virtue. And in my little experience, sometimes, the girls seem to go for married men, they know u are married, yet they still want u. Beats me! I wish all of us, men and women, live up to our marital dedication. Hebrews 13:4- 'Let marriage be honourable among all and the marriage bed be without defilement for God will judge fornicators and adulterers'. So the point is, one act of extra-marital sex, defiles the marriage bed.

God bless you my brother and help you uphold the vows

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by iykedare(m): 4:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

Dude she's attracted to the fit guy in that photo, this is her style.. grin

She should have been bold enough to say so. carefreewannabe, I'm still waiting for the apology.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 4:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

tell them.....
everyone should work on their body.....get a gym, run up the stairs 30 times a day if they cannot afford the gym, cut out nkwobi & peppersoup after a certain age.

apart from infidelity, untimely death is also imminent......a man with a fat belly would soon become useless in bed. the bigger the belly, the smaller the pënis gets. so by all means, weight issues should be the main gist in religious houses......not every problem is spiritual.

when one is overweight, what do you expect? cholesterol has clogged all the pipes. only a tiny percentage of the amount of blood necessary for the genitäls actually gets there. that's when the libïdo of the average naija wife drops to zero.

that's the annoying bit.
even if you are buying a benz.....you expect some wear & tear here and there but you do y expect it to double in size. grin cheesy

Chei!!!
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 4:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

First of all, our forefathers didn't cheat because it would be hard getting a woman to cheat with when they're not married to her or at least, made their intention known to her family...women had more dignity and morals back then.

Secondly, the majority of women in the days of our forefathers were not fat. They were mostly average sized to slim with the exception of those who were fat due to genetics.
I guess you know why right? Farming, trading, trekking long distances, and of course, no fast foods wink

If you doubt it, go look up photos of your grandparents....

Ok
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 4:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Classicman47:

Why are U particularly offended by this post?? Or do U have anything to hide? Haba.
Its a free world dear.

Partially offended how..

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 4:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Ok
cheesycheesy

Why did you abandon your thread after my question?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

cheesycheesy

Why did you abandon your thread after my question?

Imagine me arguing polygamy with an alfa? or discussing law with a doctor?

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
damiso:

Haa Coogar you can spot a chic with hygiene issues by visiting her in her environment. Even if we dont test drive a very neat person who hygiene is a big issue for can spot some one kain dirty tendecies.

I don't have the power this night but my point is cheating can't be the solution to marital issues. some men cheat just because they feel they can not necessarily because of something the wife did or did not do. To them it's not having rice everyday (I hate that analogy ehn). Some won't even tell the wife the issues before deciding the best next thing is looking outside.We have had threads where men say my wife is doing this and that and I am thinking of getting a girlfriend. When asked have you even told her they enter voice mail.At least discuss and work with your spouse first before thinking of an alternative.

That said I agree that marriage is alot of work from both parties.

Most reasonable comment so far
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
alutacontinua:
And what of those who are not even married yet, but are so sure they're gonna cheat undecided
As in they've not even seen whether their wife will be size 2 or 20, yet, they tell you they'll never chop same rice in their life. lipsrsealed

Or the ones that tell you their wife is the best thing since slice bread (we even have some of them here), they cannot just hold their d*cks?

Or even the non-nigerians that jog all day to work, are we saying their partners don't cheat on them?

Biko, forget story......some men just need castration! angry No rational explanation whatsoever for their actions

Nice

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
blueberryp:
if u say a man who cheats on his wife because she got fat is justififed why do u turn around n say a woman who cheats on her husband because he got poor is not justified.

A man who cheats on his wife obviously married her for her body structure that is why a change is enough to push him out, he never loved his wife. Same way a woman could cheat on her husband because he got poor. Its all about satisfaction which in the mans is case is sex while in the woman's case its money
We all know that men want lots of sex while women want lots of money but In life you will neva be satisfied with these two, u will always want more, ur wife will not always satisfy you with sex and ur husband will not always satisfy u with money, ability to love ur partner despite dissatisfaction(if their is a word like dat,lol) is what I call true love!

Infact those marriage vows should be changed, let it be; this woman you now hold will not always be sexy, are you prepared to not cheat on her and cherish her all the same?
For the woman it will be; this man is not always going to be able to provide u d necessities of life , are u prepared to not cheat on him and respect him all d same?
CHAI! You have said it all. It is the simple truth that some men are trying hard to shy away from.

1 BILLION LIKES FOR YOU

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 4:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
blueberryp:
if u say a man who cheats on his wife because she got fat is justififed why do u turn around n say a woman who cheats on her husband because he got poor is not justified.

A man who cheats on his wife obviously married her for her body structure that is why a change is enough to push him out, he never loved his wife. Same way a woman could cheat on her husband because he got poor. Its all about satisfaction which in the mans is case is sex while in the woman's case its money
We all know that men want lots of sex while women want lots of money but In life you will neva be satisfied with these two, u will always want more, ur wife will not always satisfy you with sex and ur husband will not always satisfy u with money, ability to love ur partner despite dissatisfaction(if their is a word like dat,lol) is what I call true love!

Infact those marriage vows should be changed, let it be; this woman you now hold will not always be sexy, are you prepared to not cheat on her and cherish her all the same?
For the woman it will be; this man is not always going to be able to provide u d necessities of life , are u prepared to not cheat on him and respect him all d same?

Another reasonable comment!!! Thanks

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

Imagine me arguing polygamy with an alfa? or discussing law with a doctor?
grin

We were not arguing 'polygamy', all I did was ask a question about that scripture.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by blueberryp: 4:30pm On Oct 12, 2014
ayobase:

forget it . it can never get better. this is just the start.

no be curse o.

let's be optimistic bro, if we put our minds and energy into it, we can do it. If nigeria could control ebola, we can control divorce rates. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

I Sold Soap And Dried Fish In Lagos Before Everything Changed. / Lady Burnt To Death Beyond Recognition In Her House After Church (Graphic Pics) / Because I Am A Woman!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.