Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! (44678 Views)

How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 5:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
bukatyne:

You are not in Nigeria and by magic, you know that all Nigerian wives are not fit?

My point is that the forefathers did not need to use fat as boju boju; they cheated when they wanted and married extra wives and besides, fat or plump was the in thing then

I apologize engaging you without knowing your beliefs; since you do not know the correlation between spirit of God and putting work in marriage

It is well

What's the correlation please? We have aethiests and "unbelievablers" with wonderful marriages.

Instead of paying attention to yourself, you're busy fasting and praying (not you), and tieing wrapper around the house. When exactly won't that spirit of God waka pass that marraige ? grin

And like they say, you're only as faithful as your options. A slacking spouse is playing with "faya". cheesy

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 5:55pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

You definitely don't because if you did you would know that I consider poser photos awkward. wink

You wouldn't get a price for knowing that but you wouldn't draw wrong conclusions either. wink
All these just cos I asked about the price...SMBigH

Okay, brain tease:
How many people know you consider poser photos awkward? Does your dad know? Does he not know you?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 5:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

What's the correlation please? We have aethiests and "unbelievablers" with wonderful marriages.

Instead of paying attention to yourself, you're busy fasting and praying (not you), and tieing wrapper around the house. When exactly won't that spirit of God waka pass that marraige ? grin

And like they say, you're only as faithful as your options. A slacking spouse is playing with "faya". cheesy

they said tying wrapper is the only way wives can portray decency. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

they still live way far healthier lives than black people. even right now in my borough, everyone is running & biking around like there's a beauty contest coming up next week.

They had better be careful. Its getting dark. Its safer buying a treadmill or step tongue

coogar:
yes, sunny ade is regretting....
dokpesi, okoya, etc are all regretting. you think men are sold to emotions like women? he has lived his life the way he chose to. if he perishes, then so be it.

For every Okoya there are 1 million unknowns . . . .
The unknown retiree men sitting at home by themselves or at best living with one young boy from the village who helps him to cook soup, while his wife is in the US looking after her 10th grandchild
Every Xmas the kids send baba $250 to buy christmas chicken and Maltina and he gets a 5 minute phonecall once a week.
He is the lonlely old man who sits on his balcony reading Daily sport and watching the world go by.

coogar:

45??
where did you get this magic number from? there's no day i visit moremi hall & i don't see men with grey hair in the company of young undergraduates & these men don't look too loaded. who cannot afford N10k meal for a good sex in nigeria? even okada men are capable of doing that. men are always in demand - age is no barrier.

Go and sit down! Grrrrrrr
Which Moremi Hall? The one in your borough? tongue
So according to you, 45 year old okada drivers have girlfriends in Moremi hall . . .Like my daughter says . . are you joking me? grin

coogar:

that's for the romantics & the emotional beings. you only live once......there's no promise there would be another life. men & women should strive to look attractive to each other in marriage. sentiments & emotions cannot cut it.

Yes!!! you can both do it together . . .and still enjoy life
Hubby and I put on our trainers and take evening power walks. Its fun and you are doing something healthy. it gives you a chance to jist and get some fresh air too.
There are a heap of other things that you can do to make yourself attractive to each other too. Size 8 or 6 pack doesnt mean your work is finsihed as a wife/husband.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

they said tying wrapper is the only way wives can portray decency. cheesy grin

That's what I heard too. Double wrapper, scarf and turtle neck....with white satin underskirt or 'tights' grin

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 5:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
austine4real:
am faithful oo.hope u'r nt married o make bros no kari gun blow me

Am not married! cheesy I just dnt like it when married women/men Cheat! Stay faithful or. Get a divorce or better still marry more. Than. One woman or man!!! (if you buy that school of thought anyways!!!
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

All these just cos I asked about the price...SMBigH

Okay, brain tease:
How many people know you consider poser photos awkward? Does your dad know? Does he not know you?

Poser photos are one of the many reasons why I am not on Facebook, so people who know me, know what I think of them, even my father. wink

And my father also knows what type of men his daughter is interested in and men with half-n*aked bodies in their pics are definitely not what I would go for.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 6:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

That's what I heard too. Double wrapper, scarf and turtle neck. grin

you forgot pink satin underskirt. cheesy grin

chaircover:

They had better be careful. Its getting dark. Its safer buying a treadmill or step tongue
For every Okoya there are 1 million unknowns . . . .

who are they? abeg, any man who lived a fulfilled life wouldn't worry about loneliness or whatever. that's just nollywood.

The unknown retiree men sitting at home by themselves or at best living with one young boy from the village who helps him to cook soup, while his wife is in the US looking after her 10th grandchild
Every Xmas the kids send baba $250 to buy christmas chicken and Maltina and he gets a 5 minute phonecall once a week.
He is the lonlely old man who sits on his balcony reading Daily sport and watching the world go by.

so because he's not globetrotting like his wife means he's regretting? why would i as a father go to my son's house & spend 3 months there in the name of omugwo? someone should please tell chaircover that men(real men) don't give a damn about such nonsense........

and what kinda kids would abandon their father too? the scenario just doesn't add up. just because a man had many women in his life doesn't mean he would be abandoned by his kids. that assertion is just flawed.

Go and sit down! Grrrrrrr
Which Moremi Hall? The one in your borough? tongue So according to you, 45 year old okada drivers have girlfriends in Moremi hall . . .Like my daughter says . . are you joking me? grin

money is the name of game!
if an okada man is willing to match the asking prices, he would get laid in naija. grin

Yes!!! you can both do it together . . .and still enjoy life. Hubby and I put on our trainers and take evening power walks. Its fun and you are doing something healthy. it gives you a chance to jist and get some fresh air too.

so you actually do your aerobics with your hubby and you are arguing like it's not important. why don't you refuse to go power-walking? grin

There are a heap of other things that you can do to make yourself attractive to each other too. Size 8 or 6 pack doesnt mean your work is finsihed as a wife/husband.

but it's a step in the right direction.
i wanna wake up everyday to still see the shape of the woman i courted.....that's the attraction. she has to keep me coming back for more.........that's the only thing that would make me tell my mates that i ain't going to the pub cos something appetising awaits me at home.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Poser photos are one of the many reasons why I am not on Facebook, so people who know me, know what I think of them, even my father. wink

And my father also knows what type of men his daughter is interested in and men with half-n*aked bodies in their pics are definitely not what I would go for.

So you've never taken a picture of your man half naked before?? Men are just as superficial as women.

Not a big deal, but I get why you might find it awkward.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by austine4real(m): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
chlowi:

Am not married! cheesy I just dnt like it when married women/men Cheat! Stay faithful or. Get a divorce or better still marry more. Than. One woman or man!!! (if you buy that school of thought anyways!!!
i knw am just hppy d@ we'r cheating 2nght i wll xpectin u
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by chlowi(f): 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
austine4real:
i knw am just hppy d@ we'r cheating 2nght i wll xpectin u

cheesy you are a confirmed clown!!! Now enough of the mentions!!!
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Carefreewannabe anytime we get into one of these our round arguments, you should always be careful making certain claims especially when it's with me, I have the memory of an elephant.

Are you not the one who at more than one time posted pics of half dressed guys with toned out abs and biceps?

Wait let me guess, you were only joking around and taunting the guys you thought would feel bad by it, yes?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by iykedare(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Story for the Gods.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

Carefreewannabe anytime we get into one of these our round arguments, you should always be careful making certain claims especially when it's with me, I have the memory of an elephant.

Are you not the one who at more than one time posted pics of half dressed guys with toned out abs and biceps?

Wait let me guess, you were only joking around and taunting the guys you thought would feel bad by it, yes?

Exactly.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 6:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar: forgot pink satin underskirt.   cheesy grin

I added it to my post before you quoted me. Layers and layers of yeye undergarments; how sexy! grin

Coogar do you know some believe wearing a thong is a sin?. cheesy

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

you forgot pink satin underskirt. cheesy grin

who are they? abeg, any man who lived a fulfilled life wouldn't worry about loneliness or whatever. that's just nollywood.

so because he's not globetrotting like his wife means he's regretting? why would i as a father go to my son's house & spend 3 months there in the name of omugwo? someone should please tell chaircover that men(real men) don't give a damn about such nonsense........

and what kinda kids would abandon their father too? the scenario just doesn't add up. just because a man had many women in his life doesn't mean he would be abandoned by his kids. that assertion is just flawed.

money is the name of game!
if an okada man is willing to match the asking prices, he would get laid in naija. grin

so you actually do your aerobics with your hubby and you are arguing like it's not important. why don't you refuse to go power-walking? grin

but it's a step in the right direction.
i wanna wake up everyday to still see the shape of the woman i courted.....that's the attraction. she has to keep me coming back for more.........that's the only thing that would make me tell my mates that i ain't going to the pub cos something appetising awaits me at home.

We both go powerwalking not becasue we are scared that either one of us will fall for a coogar or coogaress lookalike but because it is healthy and we enjoy spending time together.

You dont understand coogar
When a man begins to have other women in his life, the first wife is hurt and switches off emotionaly
The kids pick up on their mums hurt and sadness and tend to look after their mum more than their dad.
I know of someone whose dad asked him to send him money to buy a car. His response was NO! its not as if my mum will get to ride in the car and he went on and bought his mum a car. . . .baba still has no car.
The annoying thing with these baba's is that when they now become old frail and sick, the concubines run away and its the first wife who now gets to look after him
Ive seen several situations like this.

Meanwhile this your argument get k-leg cos even if he has an affair with a size 8, he still comes home to his fat wife and wakes up beside her most mornings. Why not just pack out and divorce his fat wife. Why one leg in and one leg out? Why the cheating? why the lies? why the deceit?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
iykedare:

Story for the Gods.

I know you were working your azz off in the gym hoping that all ladies would get weak in the knees but it won't happen.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by elipheleh(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
chaircover:

I am sure you know what I am saying.
There is really no reason to cheat. You made a vow and if you are not happy with the situation at hand, then you say or do something about it

Cheating is not the answer. You genuingly help your wife/husband to get over whatever challenges that they may have
I have a friend on a low carbohydrate diet. She is struggling becasue when she gets home, her husband insists that she make him poundo in the evenings. How is he helping her and encouraging her? . . . . .but he is the one complaining that she is getting too fat for him.

If a mans wife is overweight; will the man keep on having affairs till he is 90?
Do you know how much that will cost him in money and emotions in the long run
He is only cheating himself

Yes we can all look for reasons to justify bad behaviour but we are only fooling ourselves . .cos the truth is that there are no good enough reasons.

You are obsessed with caucasians jogging . . .the same ones that drink gallons every evening after work and jump off lamposts and have one night stands with strangers in alleyways. How healthy is that if I may ask?

Stop being so close minded joor and learn to love your own women. God made you a Nigerian for a reason . . . . or you would have been Clive on Poundland tongue

TAA U DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. SEXING LOTS OF WOMEN IS GOOD AND HEALTHY. SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS FACT AND ARE JUST HIDING THIS TRUTH FROM US THE GUYS.
IF NOT ASK OUR TEENAGE GIRLS WITH 100 BOYFRIENDS NOW HOW CHEATING SWEET REACH.
ALTHOUGH I AM CLEAN NOW AND DONT HAVE TIME FOR FLIRTING AT THE MOMENT, I WILL HAVE MY OWN FUN ON LIFE TOO. JUST LIKE MANY YOUNG MEN, WE ARE BUSY BUILDING OUR FINANCIAL STATUS WORKING HARD NOW, WHILE OUR FUTURE WIVES ARE BUSY WITH POT BELLY ALHAJI.

LIFE NA BY STAGES. MY POINT? STOP SCARING YOUNG MEN WITH FALSE DOCTRINES ABOUT HOW CHEATING IS HARMFUL.

JUST ACCEPT THAT ALL OF US MUST CHEAT.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
BananaBender:

So you've never taken a picture of your man half naked before?? Men are just as superficial as women.

I have never done it.

Not a big deal, but I get why you might find it awkward.

Why? tongue
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by crackhaus: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Exactly.
gringrin

Seriously lady, you need to surprise me and not be so darn predictable.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
elipheleh:

TAA U DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. SEXING LOTS OF WOMEN IS GOOD AND HEALTHY. SOME PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THIS FACT AND ARE JUST HIDING THIS TRUTH FROM US THE GUYS.
IF NOT ASK OUR TEENAGE GIRLS WITH 100 BOYFRIENDS NOW HOW CHEATING SWEET REACH.
ALTHOUGH I AM CLEAN NOW AND DONT HAVE TIME FOR FLIRTING AT THE MOMENT, I WILL HAVE MY OWN FUN ON LIFE TOO. JUST LIKE MANY YOUNG MEN, WE ARE BUSY BUILDING OUR FINANCIAL STATUS WORKING HARD NOW, WHILE OUR FUTURE WIVES ARE BUSY WITH POT BELLY ALHAJI.

LIFE NA BY STAGES. MY POINT? STOP SCARING YOUNG MEN WITH FALSE DOCTRINES ABOUT HOW CHEATING IS HARMFUL.

JUST ACCEPT THAT ALL OF US MUST CHEAT.

Bacterial Vaginosis
Chlamydia
Genital Herpes
Gonorrhea
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Human Papillomavirus
Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV)
Pubic Lice (Crabs)
Scabies
Syphilis
Trichomoniasis
Yeast Infections

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

gringrin

Seriously lady, you need to surprise me and not be so darn predictable.

Is there a price for it? tongue
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
crackhaus:

grin

We were not arguing 'polygamy', all I did was ask a question about that scripture.

Neither were we discussing law; it was just an expression

What scripture again?
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by austine4real(m): 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
chlowi:

quiet plz dnt let ppl hear our discussion..i wnt us cheat LMAO:-D:-D
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2014
chaircover:

We both go powerwalking not becasue we are scared that either one of us will fall for a coogar or coogaress lookalike but because it is healthy and we enjoy spending time together.

yes - the above is the diplomatic explanation why you guys go power-walking. the raw truth is - it's deeper than that.

You dont understand coogar
When a man begins to have other women in his life, the first wife switches off emotionaly
The kids pick up on this and tend to look after their mum more than their dad.
I know of someone whose dad asked him to send him money to buy a car. His response was NO! its not as if my mum will get to ride in the car and he went on and bought his mum a car. . . .baba still has no car.
The annoying thing with these baba's is that when they now become old frail and sick, the concubines run away and its the first wife who now gets to look after him
Ive seen several situations like this.

i have seen the exact opposite!
women painting their husbands bad to the kids only for the kids to figure the real truth out later in their adult life. they run back to their father & abandoned the mother cos she often lied against her hubby......

different strokes! cool

Meanwhile this your argument get k-leg cos even if he has an affair with a size 8, he still comes home to his fat wife and wakes up beside her most mornings. Why not just pack out and divorce his fat wife. Why one leg in and one leg out? Why the cheating? why the lies? why the deceit?

he comes home happy as a whistle around 4am with empty loins. do you think he's concerned about the fat wife? he rarely even eats her food at this point.

divorce his fat wife ke? he has to keep up with the joneses. "happily" married man & a well known figure in the society meanwhile he's growing through hell internally.

nah, infidelity is the easier option. no one knows about it....wife is happy(thinking hubby is coping with the bi-annual sėx). mistress is happy & the man is happy.

what's not to like about this scenario?

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

I added it to my posted before you quoted me. Layers and layers of yeye undergarments; how sexy! grin

I think you & coogar are just trying to keep this thread lively

I have an uncle who thinks wearing shorts around the house is wrong. So you know that make up, earrings etc. are off. My aunt's short skirts are below her knees and she does not wear sleeveless tops so your dress sexy at home, look good etc advises are lost on her. She till looks neat though.

Deeper life Church has millions of members. Please ask around to know their lifestyle.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

I added it to my posted before you quoted me. Layers and layers of yeye undergarments; how sexy! grin

dirty looking underskirt...... angry angry angry
you see them in church tying & retying the wrapper just to reveal the satin undergarment.

any sėx position other than missionary is a sin for most naija wives yet they fast & pray for 40 days in the wilderness for the holy spirit to keep their marriage. grin

bukatyne:

I have an uncle who thinks wearing shorts around the house is wrong.

he thinks wearing shorts in the house is wrong? grin cheesy wrong for who? you, his wife or himself?

So you know that make up, earrings etc. are off. My aunt's short skirts are below her knees and she does not wear sleeveless tops so your dress sexy at home, look good etc advises are lost on her. She till looks neat though.
Deeper life Church has millions of members. Please ask around to know their lifestyle.

and this is one of the reasons bornagain christians have the highest divorce rate in the world. they throw logic out of the window & deliberately turn the holy spirit into a magician.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by austine4real(m): 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
chlowi:

later church tins
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by cococandy(f): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Bacterial Vaginosis
Chlamydia
Genital Herpes
Gonorrhea
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Human Papillomavirus
Lymphogranuloma Venereum (LGV)
Pubic Lice (Crabs)
Scabies
Syphilis
Trichomoniasis
Yeast Infections

Very healthy stuff.

Oh you didn't know? cheesy
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by bukatyne(f): 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
cococandy:
God doesn't feel bad about creating women.if you do feel so bad about it,you can start by killing the women in your life and get married to a man.

Assshole!

LOL!

@edusoul,

Why don't you start by asking God how He feels creating your mother?

3 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 6:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

dirty looking underskirt...... angry angry angry
you see them in church tying & retying the wrapper just to reveal the satin undergarment.
any sėx position other than missionary is a sin for most naija wives yet they fast & pray for 40 days in the wilderness for the holy spirit to keep their marriage. grin

Mish is what the holy spirit ordained. cheesy grin We can't go against that.

bukatyne:

I have an uncle who thinks wearing shorts around the house is wrong. So you know that make up, earrings etc. are off. My aunt's short skirts are below her knees and she does not wear sleeveless tops so your dress sexy at home, look good etc advises are lost on her. She till looks neat though.

Good for your uncle and his wife. cheesy
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
cococandy:

Very healthy stuff.

Oh you didn't know? cheesy

No but NL enlightened me. cheesy

It is not only healthy but also body art. Better than a tattoo.
Check this out. wink

http://www.slate.com/content/dam/slate/articles/life/low_concept/2013/01/130114_LC_PubicLice.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Share Your Experience After Marrying Without Your Mother's Or Father's Consent / My Husband Dislikes Me / Nigerian Woman Delivers Sextuplets (3 Boys, 3 Girls) After 17 Years Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.