Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell (2356 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by paulGrundy(m): 9:55pm On Oct 11, 2014
Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

Evidence of the claims in this article are available on request.

Charles Taze Russell (February 16, 1852 – October 31, 1916), or Pastor Russell, was an American prominent early 20th century Christian restorationist minister from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, and founder of what is now known as the Bible Student movement,[1][2] from which Jehovah's Witnesses and numerous independent Bible Student groups emerged after his death.

Beginning in July 1879 he began publishing a monthly religious journal, Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence. The journal is now published by Jehovah's Witnesses on a semi-monthly basis under the name, The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. In 1881 he co-founded Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society and in 1884 the corporation was officially registered, with Russell as president. Russell wrote many articles, books, tracts, pamphlets and sermons, totaling approximately 50,000 printed pages. From 1886 to 1904, he published a six-volume Bible study series originally entitled Millennial Dawn, later renamed Studies in the Scriptures, nearly 20 million copies of which were printed and distributed around the world in several languages during his lifetime.[3] (A seventh volume was commissioned by his successor as society president, Joseph Rutherford, and published in 1917.) The Watch Tower Society ceased publication of Russell's writings in 1927,[4] though his books are still published by several independent groups.

Russell was a charismatic figure, but claimed no special revelation or vision for his teachings and no special authority on his own behalf.[5] He stated that he did not seek to found a new denomination, but instead intended merely to gather together those who were seeking the truth of God's Word "during this harvest time".[6][7][8] He wrote that the "clear unfolding of truth" within his teachings was due to "the simple fact that God's due time has come; and if I did not speak, and no other agent could be found, the very stones would cry out."[9] He viewed himself—and all other Christians anointed with the Holy Spirit—as "God's mouthpiece" and an ambassador of Christ.[9] Later in his career he accepted without protest that many Bible Students viewed him as the "faithful and wise servant" of Matthew 24:45,[10] and was described by the Watch Tower after his death as having been made "ruler of all the Lord's goods".[10]

After Russell's death, a crisis arose surrounding Rutherford's leadership of the society, culminating in a movement-wide schism. As many as three-quarters of the approximately 50,000[11] Bible Students who had been associating in 1917 had left by 1931, resulting in the formation of several groups that retained variations on the name Bible Students. Those who maintained fellowship with the Watch Tower Society adopted the name Jehovah's witnesses in 1931, while those who severed ties with the Society formed their own groups including the Pastoral Bible Institute in 1918, the Laymen's Home Missionary Movement in 1919, and the Dawn Bible Students Association in 1929.

Early life

Charles Taze Russell was born to Scotch-Irish parents,[12] immigrant Joseph Lytel Russell /ˈlɪtəl/ (d. December 17, 1897) and Ann Eliza Birney (d. January 25, 1861), on February 16, 1852 in Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US. Russell was the second of five children, and was one of only two to survive into adulthood. His mother died when he was 9 years old.[13]

The Russells lived in Philadelphia, as well as Allegheny, before moving to Pittsburgh, where they became members of the Presbyterian Church. In his early teens, Charles' father made him partner of his Pittsburgh haberdashery store. By age twelve, Russell was writing business contracts for customers and given charge of some of his father's other clothing stores.[14] At age thirteen, Russell left the Presbyterian Church to join the Congregational Church. In his youth he was known to chalk Bible verses on fence boards and city sidewalks to draw attention to the punishment of hell awaiting the unfaithful in an attempt to convert unbelievers.[15]

At age sixteen, a discussion with a childhood friend on faults perceived in Christianity (such as contradictions in creeds, along with medieval traditions) led Russell to question his faith. He then investigated various other religions, but concluded that they did not provide the answers he was seeking.[16] In 1870, at age eighteen, he attended a presentation by Adventist minister Jonas Wendell. During his presentation Wendell outlined his belief that 1873 or 1874 would be the date for Christ's second coming. He later stated that although he did not entirely agree with the arguments presented by Wendell the presentation itself was sufficient to inspire within him a renewed zeal and re-establish his belief that the Bible is the word of God.[17]
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2022
Please which of the groups that departed from Russell ideology and teaching after his death is still existing today ?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by paulGrundy(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Please which of the groups that departed from Russell ideology and teaching after his death is still existing today ?

Bible fellowship union

GKS (Gods kingdom society)

Baltimore bible students.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 3:56pm On Nov 03, 2022
What of Jehovah's Whiteness?
paulGrundy:

Bible fellowship union
GKS (Gods kingdom society)
Baltimore bible students.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
What of Jehovah's Whiteness?

That's why i often tell them that Charles Taze Russell is not the founder because it's obvious that himself and his group discovered some things but after Jesus' return in the year 1914 the one and only group ready to make amendments and not sticking to the ideas of human founders began yielding to Jesus' direction while all others want to maintain the ideas of their human founders.
So those who can't bare the amendment Jesus is doing with the International Bible Students Association began leaving the group until Jesus got the perfect group of studious disciples and by the year 1931 JEHOVAH began calling his own people by another name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Isaiah 65:15

Please where are the WORKS of all other religions?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are WORKING {James 2:18-26} you can see millions throughout the earth matching joyfully towards God's purpose {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} while the rest are lost in confusion killing their neighbours! Revelations 6:3-4

Jesus said those with him will have the same line of thought {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} but all others will be SCATTERED {Luke 11:23} that's why you can't find a member in any of the group boldly declaring where they belong like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 5:46pm On Nov 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

That's why i often tell them that Charles Taze Russell is not the founder because it's obvious that himself and his group discovered some things but after Jesus' return in the year 1914 the one and only group ready to make amendments and not sticking to the ideas of human founders began yielding to Jesus' direction while all others want to maintain the ideas of their human founders.
So those who can't bare the amendment Jesus is doing with the International Bible Students Association began leaving the group until Jesus got the perfect group of studious disciples and by the year 1931 JEHOVAH began calling his own people by another name: JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Isaiah 65:15

Please where are the WORKS of all other religions?

JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES are WORKING {James 2:18-26} you can see millions throughout the earth matching joyfully towards God's purpose {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} while the rest are lost in confusion killing their neighbours! Revelations 6:3-4

Jesus said those with him will have the same line of thought {John 17:22; 1Corinthians 1:10} but all others will be SCATTERED {Luke 11:23} that's why you can't find a member in any of the group boldly declaring where they belong like JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES! smiley

Shut up your mouth! Who are you to deny your founder? Who do you think invented your 1914 doctrine? It was Russell. When he saw that the world didn't end in 1914 as he predicted, he made a change to say that 1914 is actually the date of Jesus's invisible presence. Why are you JWs still sticking to that teaching if Russell isn't your founder? It's too late Mad MaxInDHouse! Russell is your founder. It has been recorded everywhere in history. Don't be embarrassed to claim him. He is the reason you are a JW. No amount of long useless sermon you type on Nairaland can change the fact that Russell is the Oga of your Cult and he is still directing your Cult from the dead according to Watchtower. You can't erase history. Even ordinary Google tells you Russell is your founder. Nothing you can do about it.

Look at the fruitage of your Cult below.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On Nov 03, 2022
Ọmọ don't kill yourself with HBP o! cheesy
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 5:54pm On Nov 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Ọmọ don't kill yourself with HBP o! cheesy

Shut up your mouth! Who are you to deny your founder? Who do you think invented your 1914 doctrine? It was Russell. When he saw that the world didn't end in 1914 as he predicted, he made a change to say that 1914 is actually the date of Jesus's invisible presence. Why are you JWs still sticking to that teaching if Russell isn't your founder? It's too late Mad MaxInDHouse! Russell is your founder. It has been recorded everywhere in history. Don't be embarrassed to claim him. He is the reason you are a JW. No amount of long useless sermon you type on Nairaland can change the fact that Russell is the Oga of your Cult and he is still directing your Cult from the dead according to Watchtower. You can't erase history. Even ordinary Google tells you Russell is your founder. Nothing you can do about it.

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2022
Mad MaxInDHouse, be proud of your disgusting history. I know Russell disgraced you JWs by being a false prophet, a fraud by claiming that his Miracle wheat can cure ailments and duped many people, by teaching that Truth from Satan should be accepted and that he was a Freemason. I know you are also embarrassed over his Adultery which made his wife to divorce him. But that doesn't mean he is not your founder. Just as the Bible mentions both good and bad in the Bible, learn to accept the good and bad of your Cult's history. You can't change history. That's what Watchtower doesn't know. If you continue to hide your dirty laundry, people will bring out everything for the public to see. Russell will forever be your founder. There is nothing you can do about that. You choose to join the Cult, so, accept everything good and bad that comes with it. And accept it with pride!

4 Likes

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:03pm On Nov 03, 2022
What a pity?

Jesus Christ is always right!

“When an unclean spirit comes out of a man, it passes through waterless places in search of a resting-place and finds none. Then it says, ‘I will go back to my house from which I moved,’ and on arriving, it finds the house unoccupied but swept clean and adorned. Then it goes and takes along with it seven different spirits more wicked than itself, and after getting inside, they dwell there; and the final circumstances of that man become worse than the first. That is how it will be also with this wicked generation.” Matthew 12:43-45

It would have been better if you never knew the truth at all because this your condition is the worst!
Please how do you manage to sleep at night with this toxic thoughts in your skull? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2022
Go and check the doctrines and teaching of Russell, before you come here to yarn dust. wink
Courz:

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Go and check the doctrines and teaching of Russell, before you come here to yarn dust. wink

He's really suffering from the thought that JWs are living around his neighbourhood.
Do you think any JW could be safe around this person? undecided
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

You who knows better, tell me, who invented the 1914 doctrine of JWs?

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:10pm On Nov 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He's really suffering from the thought that JWs are living around his neighbourhood.
Do you think any JW could be safe around this person? undecided

Mad MaxInDHouse, be proud of your disgusting history. I know Russell disgraced you JWs by being a false prophet, a fraud by claiming that his Miracle wheat can cure ailments and duped many people, by teaching that Truth from Satan should be accepted and that he was a Freemason. I know you are also embarrassed over his Adultery which made his wife to divorce him. But that doesn't mean he is not your founder. Just as the Bible mentions both good and bad in the Bible, learn to accept the good and bad of your Cult's history. You can't change history. That's what Watchtower doesn't know. If you continue to hide your dirty laundry, people will bring out everything for the public to see. Russell will forever be your founder. There is nothing you can do about that. You choose to join the Cult, so, accept everything good and bad that comes with it. And accept it with pride!

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2022
Is in the bible abi na Russell get bible?.
Courz:

You who knows better, tell me, who invented the 1914 doctrine of JWs?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

You who knows better, Explain the history of 1914 doctrine. And you must answer me this time because you love to runaway like JWs when they are questioned.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

Answer the damn question. You are not stupid are you? Who invented the 1914 doctrine? Explain the breakdown of that doctrine to me.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

It was a group of Bible students and Russell headed the group. But the funny thing here is how these confused miscreants want to force the idea on everyone that Russell singlehandedly discovered 1914! smiley
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2022
Don't let him bite you o! cheesy
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

It was a group of Bible students and Russell headed the group. But the funny thing here is how these confused miscreants want to force the idea on everyone that Russell singlehandedly discovered 1914! smiley

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:17pm On Nov 03, 2022
Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC and completely uninhabited for exactly seventy years as it was prophesied so do the calculation yourself,1914 is the arrival of Christ in kingly power 2520 years after 607 BC.
Courz:

You who knows better, Explain the history of 1914 doctrine. And you must answer me this time because you love to runaway like JWs when they are questioned.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:22pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC and completely uninhabited for exactly seventy years as it was prophesied so do the calculation yourself,1914 is the arrival of Christ in kingly power 2520 years after 607 BC.

Show me directly from the Bible. Where is 607? Where is 2520 years? Where is 1914 in the Bible?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:23pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

You are not answering my question. You know pass me abi? Who invented the 1914 doctrine? How did it come to be? Show me history.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:28pm On Nov 03, 2022
Go and read your bible, the only thing i can do for you is to help you understand itcheesy the account of Ezekiel will help you a lot
Courz:

You are not answering my question. You know pass me abi? Who invented the 1914 doctrine? How did it come to be? Show me history.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Go and read your bible, the only thing i can do for you is to help you understand itcheesy the account of Ezekiel will help you a lot

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

Show me directly from the Bible. Where is 607? Where is 2520 years? Where is 1914 in the Bible? Where is this whole calculation from in the Bible? Show me.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:34pm On Nov 03, 2022
When you don't know something you ask people that know to help you out instead of arguing blindly, go and read it in the bible or can't you read?
Courz:

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:36pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
When you don't know something you ask people that know to help you out instead of arguing blindly, go and read it in the bible or can't you read?

SeniorMan715, SeniorMan715, SeniorMan715, you are dodging abi? You think you are smart. You know better than me. Prove it! You are not answering my question. You know pass me abi? Who invented the 1914 doctrine? How did it come to be? Show me history.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Courz: 6:37pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:

Show me directly from the Bible. Where is 607? Where is 2520 years? Where is 1914 in the Bible? Where is this whole calculation from in the Bible? Show me.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2022
SeniorMan715:
shocked

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by SeniorMan715(m): 6:40pm On Nov 03, 2022
2 Kings 25:1-26
Ezekiel 21:26, 27
Daniel 4:10-16 go and read it if there's anything you don't understand in the verse i can calmly explain to you.
Courz:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor Bath For Married Woman In The Name Of Praying And Annointing / Irreconciliable Contradictions In The Bible / Translate Prayer From English To Yoruba. Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.