Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell (2419 Views)

What Kind Of Pastor Is This? / Photo Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In Superman Attire / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by johnw47: 12:50am On Nov 05, 2022
false jw's don't only have SECRETS, they have SECRET SECRETS smiley

so intelligent - not

MaxInDHouse:

Well the reason is that there are SECRET SECRETS revealed only to Jesus' true disciples smiley

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2022
SeniorMan715:
Hmmm what's the name of the group of those learned Christians that knows the Bible and History?

Now you're seeing clearly how crooked they are! grin

In total contrast to Jesus' prayers for believers to have the same line of thought {John 17:22} their so called "LEARNED CHRISTIANS" are SCATTERED in different religous sects {Luke 11:23} with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines but no LEARNED CHRISTIAN should be with JWs because that is the greatest cult and freemason group {Matthew 10:25} then instead of the "LEARNED CHRISTIAN" to have LOVE for neighbours {Mark 12:31} and strong bond among themselves {John 13:34-35} they're killing one another due to politics and racism! Revelations 6:3-4

But the FREEMASON CULT group (JWs) are busy preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all their neighbourhood forming a global family of peace loving worshipers under Satan {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} so that they're the one and only group noticed as EVIL for their practices! Matthew 5:14-16

My brother just continue listening to their tone and expression so you can see clearly how the Lord is leading them to SALVATION! 2Timothy 3:13

These are the people demanding for the SACRED SECRETS of God's Kingdom. Do you think they love to know God's Kingdom truth or they're just out to criticize it? Matthew 7:6 wink

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by achorladey: 7:58am On Nov 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Now you're seeing clearly how crooked they are! grin

In total contrast to Jesus' prayers for believers to have the same line of thought {John 17:22} their so called "LEARNED CHRISTIANS" are SCATTERED in different religous sects {Luke 11:23} with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines but no LEARNED CHRISTIAN should be with JWs because that is the greatest cult and freemason group {Matthew 10:25} then instead of the "LEARNED CHRISTIAN" to have LOVE for neighbours {Mark 12:31} and strong bond among themselves {John 13:34-35} they're killing one another due to politics and racism! Revelations 6:3-4

But the FREEMASON CULT group (JWs) are busy preaching zealously and industriously teaching in all their neighbourhood forming a global family of peace loving worshipers under Satan {Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3} so that they're the one and only group noticed as EVIL for their practices! Matthew 5:14-16

My brother just continue listening to their tone and expression so you can see clearly how the Lord is leading them to SALVATION! 2Timothy 3:13

These are the people demanding for the SACRED SECRETS of God's Kingdom. Do you think they love to know God's Kingdom truth or they're just out to criticize it? Matthew 7:6 wink

Now you're seeing clearly how crooked they are!

That's why when we bring out the publications of your religious organization and masters which you always ask people to learn from. You will call it CROOKED grin grin grin grin

What you call sacred secrets printed by your religious leaders over the span of +/- 140 year[/b]s fall into the realm of [b]CROOKEDNESS when brought up close before your very face.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Templee333(m): 8:21am On Nov 05, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
When there's a difficult issue arguments won't solve the problem but performance that's why Jesus said "by their FRUITS you will know them" {Matthew 7:16-18} so there's no need for fruitless arguments present a better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses at least let's see the group that's practicing what Jesus taught better than JWs! wink
the guy above don tire.

2 Likes

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On Nov 05, 2022
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Ken4Christ: 10:10am On Mar 09, 2023
paulGrundy:
Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Taze_Russell

Evidence of the claims in this article are available on request.

Charles Taze Russell (February 16, 1852 – October 31, 1916), or Pastor Russell, was an American prominent early 20th century Christian restorationist minister from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, and founder of what is now known as the Bible Student movement,[1][2] from which Jehovah's Witnesses and numerous independent Bible Student groups emerged after his death.

Beginning in July 1879 he began publishing a monthly religious journal, Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence. The journal is now published by Jehovah's Witnesses on a semi-monthly basis under the name, The Watchtower Announcing Jehovah's Kingdom. In 1881 he co-founded Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society and in 1884 the corporation was officially registered, with Russell as president. Russell wrote many articles, books, tracts, pamphlets and sermons, totaling approximately 50,000 printed pages. From 1886 to 1904, he published a six-volume Bible study series originally entitled Millennial Dawn, later renamed Studies in the Scriptures, nearly 20 million copies of which were printed and distributed around the world in several languages during his lifetime.[3] (A seventh volume was commissioned by his successor as society president, Joseph Rutherford, and published in 1917.) The Watch Tower Society ceased publication of Russell's writings in 1927,[4] though his books are still published by several independent groups.

Russell was a charismatic figure, but claimed no special revelation or vision for his teachings and no special authority on his own behalf.[5] He stated that he did not seek to found a new denomination, but instead intended merely to gather together those who were seeking the truth of God's Word "during this harvest time".[6][7][8] He wrote that the "clear unfolding of truth" within his teachings was due to "the simple fact that God's due time has come; and if I did not speak, and no other agent could be found, the very stones would cry out."[9] He viewed himself—and all other Christians anointed with the Holy Spirit—as "God's mouthpiece" and an ambassador of Christ.[9] Later in his career he accepted without protest that many Bible Students viewed him as the "faithful and wise servant" of Matthew 24:45,[10] and was described by the Watch Tower after his death as having been made "ruler of all the Lord's goods".[10]

After Russell's death, a crisis arose surrounding Rutherford's leadership of the society, culminating in a movement-wide schism. As many as three-quarters of the approximately 50,000[11] Bible Students who had been associating in 1917 had left by 1931, resulting in the formation of several groups that retained variations on the name Bible Students. Those who maintained fellowship with the Watch Tower Society adopted the name Jehovah's witnesses in 1931, while those who severed ties with the Society formed their own groups including the Pastoral Bible Institute in 1918, the Laymen's Home Missionary Movement in 1919, and the Dawn Bible Students Association in 1929.

Early life

Charles Taze Russell was born to Scotch-Irish parents,[12] immigrant Joseph Lytel Russell /ˈlɪtəl/ (d. December 17, 1897) and Ann Eliza Birney (d. January 25, 1861), on February 16, 1852 in Allegheny, Pennsylvania, US. Russell was the second of five children, and was one of only two to survive into adulthood. His mother died when he was 9 years old.[13]

The Russells lived in Philadelphia, as well as Allegheny, before moving to Pittsburgh, where they became members of the Presbyterian Church. In his early teens, Charles' father made him partner of his Pittsburgh haberdashery store. By age twelve, Russell was writing business contracts for customers and given charge of some of his father's other clothing stores.[14] At age thirteen, Russell left the Presbyterian Church to join the Congregational Church. In his youth he was known to chalk Bible verses on fence boards and city sidewalks to draw attention to the punishment of hell awaiting the unfaithful in an attempt to convert unbelievers.[15]

At age sixteen, a discussion with a childhood friend on faults perceived in Christianity (such as contradictions in creeds, along with medieval traditions) led Russell to question his faith. He then investigated various other religions, but concluded that they did not provide the answers he was seeking.[16] In 1870, at age eighteen, he attended a presentation by Adventist minister Jonas Wendell. During his presentation Wendell outlined his belief that 1873 or 1874 would be the date for Christ's second coming. He later stated that although he did not entirely agree with the arguments presented by Wendell the presentation itself was sufficient to inspire within him a renewed zeal and re-establish his belief that the Bible is the word of God.[17]

He is cursed. He brought false teachings which has sent millions to hell and many more are headed there without knowing it.

Please, come out from amongst them lest you be condemned with them.

Embrace the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life.

Except a man is born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:12am On Mar 09, 2023
Says the AntiChrist! cheesy

Ken4Christ:

He is cursed. He brought false teachings which has sent millions to hell and many more are headed there without knowing it.

Please, come out from amongst them lest you be condemned with them.

Embrace the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the way, the truth and the life.

Except a man is born again, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Ken4Christ: 3:17pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Says the AntiChrist! cheesy

You are a confirmed agent of darkness.

I will soon set some of the people you are holding captive by your false teachings when I expose all your lies.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:19pm On Mar 09, 2023
Present the group practicing what Jesus taught! cheesy

Ken4Christ:

You are a confirmed agent of darkness.
I will soon set some of the people you are holding captive by your false teachings when I expose all your lies.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Ken4Christ: 3:22pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Present the group practicing what Jesus taught! cheesy

Keep looking for presentation until the demons present you in hell for serving the devil very well with your false teachings.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2023
Ken4Christ:

Keep looking for presentation until the demons present you in hell for serving the devil very well with your false teachings.

False religions has made you dumb!

If you don't have sense learn from those who have, Jesus can't be Lord if he's not commanding a multitude of witnesses who are practicing what he taught. So your inability to present a group practicing what Jesus taught is evidence that you're empty headed! cheesy
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 4:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

False religions has made you dumb!

If you don't have sense learn from those who have, Jesus can't be Lord if he's not commanding a multitude of witnesses who are practicing what he taught. So your inability to present a group practicing what Jesus taught is evidence that you're empty headed! cheesy
I heard your founder, Charles Taze Russell committed suicide, true?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:
I heard your founder, Charles Taze Russell committed suicide, true?
Founder of what?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 4:52pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
Founder of what?
The Jehovah's Witness.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:02pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:
The Jehovah's Witness.
OK you've been misinformed he's one of our brothers not the founder and he never committed suicide.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

OK you've been misinformed he's one of our brothers not the founder and he never committed suicide.
Man are you say CT Russel is not the originator of the JW sect?

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:08pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:
Man are you say CT Russel is not the originator of the JW sect?
What do you mean by originator?
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 5:49pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
What do you mean by originator?
Founder, beginner, brainchild.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:45pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:
Founder, beginner, brainchild.

OK, NO!
He just happens to be part of our brothers in the Lord.
When people carry rumours they don't use to think deeply over what they're saying.
Do you know that most Jews in the first century thought John the baptist founded the Christian group back then?
Well before his time there was no prophet that baptize people they only preach about their God so after John's death Jesus' disciples were later baptizing people just as John did and many of John's disciples joined Jesus so most Jew believed the founder of the Christian movement is John the baptist.

The same happened in the case of brother C.T. Russell himself and others were making research as to where the churches ran off course what they discovered led them to many churches perhaps to help those churches make amendments but none took them serious that's why they formed a movement preaching publicly in street corners using megaphones. That's totally against Jesus' style of preaching because Jesus never taught his disciples to disturb the community with noise! Matthew 12:19

It was much later after his death that the group found out so many wrong things they were doing and began making adjustments and the name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES came as a surprise to those remaining because most people who believed C.T. Russell's legacy left the group thinking those making amendments were wrong. In fact there are several groups today that still practice exactly what C.T Russell did when he was alive.
For your information do you know that Russell used to celebrate Christmas in his time?

So how do you think he is the founder of the group that has changed so much after his death even the name he knew in his lifetime is not JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

That's why i said you've been thoroughly misinformed. Unless if you agree with the first century Jews who think John the baptist founded Christianity then i will agree with you that C.T Russell founded Jehovah's Witnesses organization. But then remember that John didn't know most things Jesus later taught his disciples and even the group name Christians came much later after the death of John the baptist! smiley

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxinDHouse, It appears you are a baby JW drunk with his new found beliefs.
when where you baptized?

JW's celebrated christmas uptill the 70's and, the religion has always had a succession of presidents; Russell. Rutherford. Knorr. Henchel etc, all celebrated christmas.

Besides each of these presidents made some doctrinal change e.g Rutherford gave the name, Jehovah's Witnesses. Knorr called your worship centre, kingdom hall.
Henchel stopped the celebration of christmas and made some clarifications on, the war of armmageddon which JW world over believed was to happen in 1976.

My interest is how puny you is trying to diminish the influence of C.T. Russell on your organisation.

are you ashamed of his ties with the Masons?
your current presido is a high ranking mason. Check the logo on the ring of his left finger whenever he gives his broadcast. grin

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:

MaxinDHouse, It appears you are a baby JW drunk with his new found beliefs.
when where you baptized? JW's celebrated christmas uptill the 70's and, the religion has always had a succession of presidents; Russell. Rutherford. Knorr. Henchel etc, all celebrated christmas. Besides each of these presidents made some doctrinal change e.g Rutherford gave the name, Jehovah's Witnesses. Knorr called your worship centre, kingdom hall.
Henchel stopped the celebration of christmas and made some clarifications on, the war of armmageddon which JW world over believed was to happen in 1976. My interest is how puny you is trying to diminish the influence of C.T. Russell on your organisation. are you ashamed of his ties with the Masons?
your current presido is a high ranking mason. Check the logo on the ring of his left finger whenever he gives his broadcast. grin

If you've made up your mind there's no need asking again but know that the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) stopped the celebration of Christmas in the year 1926 and the name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES was divinely given in the year 1931 after Jesus' angels have separated pure worship from false religions! Isaiah 65:15 compare to Matthew 13:30

So hold onto whatever pleases you i know that only JWs are practicing what Jesus taught that's why none of you critics can present any better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses organization.

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 9:36pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

If you've made up your mind there's no need asking again but know that the International Bible Students Association (IBSA) stopped the celebration of Christmas in the year 1926 and the name JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES was divinely given in the year 1931 after Jesus' angels have separated pure worship from false religions! Isaiah 65:15 compare to Matthew 13:30

So hold onto whatever pleases you i know that only JWs are practicing what Jesus taught that's why none of you critics can present any better performing group than Jehovah's Witnesses organization.

May you have PEACE! smiley
lol.
pray tell me,

When were you baptized and what bible study book was used to study the bible with you?

because your responses reeks of newbie intoxication and amaturism.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:57pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:

lol.
pray tell me,
When were you baptized and what bible study book was used to study the bible with you?
because your responses reeks of newbie intoxication and amaturism.

I met JWs in my early twenties and began studying with them since 1992 using the book
"You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth" i dedicated and got baptized in the year 2014.
Meanwhile i tried so many other religions including Buddhism and even thought of what atheists are saying.

So don't think i never gave them a tough fight before i finally succumb to the fact that there is no religion on this planet that has the truth like JWs.

By the way don't dodge the question:

Do you know any better performing group of worshipers on this planet than JWs?
Please if you do present them to me because i want the best of them all! wink
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 10:23pm On Mar 09, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I met JWs in my early twenties and began studying with them since 1992 using the book
"You Can Live In Paradise On Earth" i dedicated and got baptized in the year 2014.
Meanwhile i tried so many other religions including Buddhism and even thought of what atheists are saying.

So don't think i never gave them a through fight before i finally succumb to the fact that there is no religion on this planet that has the truth like JWs.

By the way don't dodge the question:

Do you know any better performing group of worshipers on this planet than JWs?
Please if you do present them to me because i want the best of them all! wink
I thought as much. And you lied by saying you studied the, you can live book in '92.

The book is titled, 'You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth!'
you are actually a intoxicated newbie!!

Now JW's of the 70s, 80s and 90s argue differently.

To your question, what parameters are you using to make comparism? List them.

1 Like

Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:25pm On Mar 09, 2023
Deo1986:
I thought as much. And you lied by saying you studied the, you can live book in '92.

The book is titled, 'You Can Live Forever In Paradise On Earth!'
you are actually a intoxicated newbie!!

Now JW's of the 70s, 80s and 90s argue differently.

To your question, what parameters are you using to make comparism? List them.

What do you mean by the highlighted? smiley
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by Deo1986(m): 7:24am On Mar 10, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What do you mean by the highlighted? smiley
You baptized as a JW in 2014 and you are all over Nairaland defending what you don't know.

I am not gonna engage you in any religious debate henceforth for lying to me that you studied the, you can live book in '92.
Re: Biography Of Pastor Charles Taze Rusell by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:39am On Mar 10, 2023
Deo1986:
You baptized as a JW in 2014 and you are all over Nairaland defending what you don't know.
I am not gonna engage you in any religious debate henceforth for lying to me that you studied the, you can live book in '92.

Ọmọ you're not even fit to do so! Isaiah 54:17

Now you know that you're not chatting with a person who just found the faith suddenly, it took the JWs more than two decades to make me one of them.

Farewell my faithless friend! smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oh God Of Creation, I Have A Question / Questions For Noetic2 / The End Of The Credibility Of Tbaba And His Religion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.