Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,453 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy (49596 Views)

... / Nigeria's Megachurches, Liberia And S/leon Needs Your Financial Help. / Deeper Life Tops World Megachurches; Winners Chapel And RCCG, Others Features (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Lovetinz(m): 11:39am On Oct 12, 2014
yuzjet:
Hmmmm.... And u expect me to read all that @OP. Summary please!

Learn to read.

Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.
- Sir Francis Bacon English author & philosopher (1561 - 1626)

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by BMZK: 11:39am On Oct 12, 2014
BREAKING NEWS SECOND EBOLA CASE AND FIRST CONTRACTED IN US

https://www.nairaland.com/1945265/breaking-news-second-ebola-case
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 12, 2014
1 Tim. 6:6 "Now there's great gain in godliness with contentment
Vs 8, But if we(ministers) have food and clothing, with these we will be content."
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:
angryif mega churches should b taxed wat of mega mosques or doesnt money also flow arnd in d mosque? angry
and even shrine sef, abi dem dey fear to tax 'SANGO nd IFA'

You can't compare churches with mosques the different is clear......no title in the mosque #20 #50 #100naira from jamaah. in your area don't hear the imam shouting that they need money for fuel for generator.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by simplisity(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2014
This is y am proud to be a catholic. The way all these generation churches r exploiting d poor masses they should feed and be taken care of is somtin i cannot comprehend. How many of these churches r into missionary work or have motherles, orphanage, old peopls home, incapacited home, etc, to take care of, but almost all these homes mentioned r being taken care of by d catholic missionaries. Pastors r in their well furnished and decorated houses eatin and enjoying wit their wifes and children, while d poor r suferin, they have nothing to eat talk of shelter. I learnt som of my selfless service to humanity frm catholic, althou not all catholic priest r into such selfless service to humanity, but majority of them r into it. If u live d holiest live on earth throu Jesus Christ and u do not have love for ur fellow mankind regardless of religion, color, kind, gender, class, etc, u r nothing but a failure and making heaven is very far frm u. So, reach to people and touch their lives in d best way u can. U dont need to have much befr u touch some ones life, a satchet of water thats worths five naira u give to somone thirst,especialy to som one who cant afford it, can quench his thirst and will a credit to u in Heaven. Judgement will start frm d housing of God, frm d church leaders frst down to d church members. My prayer is that God will pour his wisdom upon His church so that we may know His will and His grace to do his will, so that at last we will all be found in Heaven in Jesus name

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by jammani(m): 11:50am On Oct 12, 2014
datguru:
Don't they sow seeds, pay tithes and give offering in mosque?
Nobody does dat man... Muslim clerics are not full-timed like d pastors, dey dnt colet salaries. Notin like tithe or any oda compulsory payment in the mosque. Every donations made in the mosques are highly voluntary.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by flexing11(m): 11:55am On Oct 12, 2014
pring:
your a big fool.
those it amount to calling me fool people are entitled to their own different opinion your school of thought might not be mine'God created man in his own image and likeness but some scientist we tell man came about through evolution because that is their own believe.pls learn some decorum and dont pour out words like one of those hooligans roaming the streets mushin!
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by yuzjet(m): 11:56am On Oct 12, 2014
Lovetinz:

Learn to read.

Reading maketh a full man, conference a ready man, and writing an exact man.
- Sir Francis Bacon English author & philosopher (1561 - 1626)

I read what I finds interesting even if its thousands pages. Becos I didn't read dat doesn't make me a lazy reader friend.

Thanks for d reference quote though.
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2014
jammani:

Nobody does dat man... Muslim clerics are not full-timed like d pastors, dey dnt colet salaries. Notin like tithe or any oda compulsory payment in the mosque. Every donations made in the mosques are highly voluntary.

EVERY DONATIONS MADE IN THE CHURCHES ARE VOLUNTARY!

NO ONE IS HOLDING ANYONE TO RANDSOM FOR NOT PAYING TITHE OR OFFERING.

I think most people still don't get this point. We're not under compulsion to give - CHIKENA!

IF U LIKE GIVE, IF YOU LIKE DON'T - THE DIFFERENCE IS MADE CLEAR AS TIME GOES

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by adepiero: 12:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
The title should be changed to BIOGRAPHY OF THIEVES.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Oduduwaboy(m): 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2014
Let the foolish ones keep paying tithes; thats their problem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by GuyFawkes: 12:15pm On Oct 12, 2014
mmsen:
95% tax rate for all religious houses.

Use the money to invest in cheaper/subsidized internet, a network of public libraries and a campaign stressing the benefits of knowledge acquisition/independent learning.

100% agree with you, i was even advocating 75% tax rate.
Also all those vast hectares of land used for crusade grounds are useless to nation building, they should be used for large scale mechanised farming.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by texazzpete(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
yuzjet:

I read what I finds interesting even if its thousands pages. Becos I didn't read dat doesn't make me a lazy reader friend.

Thanks for d reference quote though.

If it doesn't interest you, why are you commenting here?

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by LORDI(m): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
Well I can't judge na,I don't have enough evidence yet.
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by datribune: 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
konos:

My bro judge not so that you will not be judged. I leave my comment wen we get to heaven. But for me and my house I will serve the Lord. And the Lord says pay ur tithe i will keep doing so and will keep going higher. Stay blessed in Jesus name amen embarassed

Even d devil can cite Scripture for his purpose. While it is ur xtian duty to pay tithes it is also your duty to ask questions about how ur tithes is being used. Genuine xtians must not defend d outrageous lifestyles & rabid greed of dis men, rather they should feel scandalized & embarrased by many of d actions of dis money mongering gods of men. Thanx to them d hitherto enviable reputation of CAN & xtian leaders is in tatters. Worshiping gods of men blindly does not equate serving God.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:

A man pays his tithe and gets more blessed and protected and u think he's foolish?

Do you think if they do not see the positive outcomes of tithing, they'll still continue foolishly?

Issokay!
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Germeeu: 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2014
maylisa:
I praise God. Its the lord doing and it's beautiful in our sight, touch not my church and do my prophet no harm. But why always churches what about mega mosque abi money no dey flow for there.
u can never see a mosque that is owns by an imam. And in every mosque there is a committee that look into everything that comes in and go out of the mosque. All these so called millionaire pastors are founder and owner of their churches. Y re pastor adeboye and kumuyi re nt among the millionaires. Redeem has branches all over the world than most of their churches.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Kingsimmer(m): 12:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:
angryif mega churches should b taxed wat of mega mosques or doesnt money also flow arnd in d mosque? angry
how many tymz have u heard of richest imams in the world...

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Yemisi63: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lmaooooooooo. This blog is bloody hilarious. Been laughing all day http://www.naijasinglegirl.net
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by IGBOSON1: 12:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:

^^^The tax got from the mega-churches should be used only in the states from where they were derived! No more reaping where you didn't sow, and monkey-dey-work-baboon-dey-chop.....all in the name of one Nigeria! And similar thing should also happen to VAT derived from Alchohol!

If you declare yourself a sharia state in a secular country then you shoul remove your covertous eyes from these sources of income!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by clemzo101(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by cooljoe13: 12:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
who says the weekend is not great.says who? The weekend must be faulous and fantastico when you can Get up to 20gb free data on your mtn just for today now . It really hot. just for today. Clcik the Link Below

http://olawaleboss..com/2014/10/get-up-to-20gb-free-on-mtn-now-and-today.html
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by pdrefurb: 12:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
daresma93:
Am aa christian bt dat does not implies I will b brainwash into parting with ny hard earned cash all in d name of tithe our lord JESUS christ has paid it all sad
it shows Ɣ☺ΰ don't Ђαvξ a bible let alone to even read it
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by destante(f): 12:44pm On Oct 12, 2014
GuyFawkes:

100% agree with you, i was even advocating 75% tax rate.
Also all those vast hectares of land used for crusade grounds are useless to nation building, they should be used for large scale mechanised farming.
grin I love this. Large size churches are errected daily on arable lands on the Lagos ib expressway.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by tuoyoojo(m): 12:45pm On Oct 12, 2014
I have one question for y'all castigating churches. 1st of all, its not ur money they are sowing,the pastors are obviously doing well without u.

Are u aware of the million these pastors are feeding,the orphans they send to school,the lives of people they have changed with God's help. Now God is blessing them and u dey for there dey run ur mouth wen u neva brush

If indeed the followers r not getting "blessed" while they sow and pay their tithes, wud they continue?

Wealth is required to spread the gospel and I don't see how it bothers u when it not ur money they r spending

If those asking if christ was rich? How did u think he took care of 12 men and their families during the years he was with them
Abi na bread n fish only them dey chop?

Once again, its not your money.so face ur front

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by datribune: 12:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
GlorifiedTunde:

EVERY DONATIONS MADE IN THE CHURCHES ARE VOLUNTARY!

NO ONE IS HOLDING ANYONE TO RANDSOM FOR NOT PAYING TITHE OR OFFERING.

I think most people still don't get this point. We're not under compulsion to give - CHIKENA!

IF U LIKE GIVE, IF YOU LIKE DON'T - THE DIFFERENCE IS MADE CLEAR AS TIME GOES

They don't force people, they employ d same tactics as scammers & con men - deception. These master manipulators use d bible as a stealth weapon of deception. In their hands, d bible & religion bcoms d opium of d masses. They use their charming personalities, charisma & flair to persuade d gullible by eloquently using convenient bible passages as tools of deception to make them part wit their money in very subtle ways.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
daresma93:
Am aa christian bt dat does not implies I will b brainwash into parting with ny hard earned cash all in d name of tithe our lord JESUS christ has paid it all sad

How did your lord pay it?
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by dazpa(m): 12:52pm On Oct 12, 2014
Now I know why black Africans has never and will never contribute anything to civilization....fools.
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by Allansmith: 12:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:

Lol

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by SailorXY: 12:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
@ least no-one begged you for a loan
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by omoiseselagba: 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2014
SlimSkipper:
any org that deals or handles money shd be taxed.men of god my asssseeeee
Re: Nigeria's 'megachurches': A Hidden Pillar Of Africa's Top Economy by olaeffect(m): 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2014
Swagalord18:
SMHLOL -_-
Was Jesus rich

Jesus had a treasurer who was a thief and Jesus still never begged his uncle nor anybody for money grin

Do the maths.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: Muhammad Ali Was My Hero, The Day I Cried For Him / I Sold My Son To Buy Cocaine –bishop Peller (Pictured) / Things I Learnt From Jehovah's Witnesses, Memorial Of Christ Death!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.