Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love (29352 Views)

If Your Bea Dresses Like This To Greet Your Parent, What Will You Do? / I Detest Light Skinned Women.. / Pet Names And Phrases Guys Use On Girls And Girls Totally Detest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by lawrenceunaa: 7:01am On Oct 15, 2014
If they have enough reason(valid) to detest her

I would @ least do myself good by quitting now than later

This is the situation my eld bro is in the girl she loves n wants to marry is a serial liar
Today she would say her father is dead ,tomorrow she would say her father divorced her mother
The latest one she said was that she is an orphan that the woman she cos mom is her aunty

Why the hell would u keep lying to someone who is abt marrying you
We don de advice am to leave her now cos their might be another untold story undecided
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by doninno(m): 7:04am On Oct 15, 2014
Dey will want d best for me nd wat makes me hapi is wat dey want. Bt dey r late RIP MUM. ND DAD
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2014
If your partner is not physically or verbally abusive , is focused and ambitious and you both love each other then go ahead and get married ( as long as you're financially capable of )

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 15, 2014
BTT:
Convince them. It may take time but they will come around if they SEE your resolve.

Don't ever go ahead without their nod.

My $1m.
Rubbish , so if your parents still insist they don't want the person you'll drop a perfect partner because your parents don't approve of her.
op if your parents can not give you a cogent reason why they dislike her and you see all the qualities you want in
a wife and you both love each other then go on with the marriage. The only blessings you need is God's blessing ( assuming you're a theist ).
Most parents these days destroy otherwise beautiful relationships because of tribal/ethnic sentiments , social class , religious leanings.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by JohnEazy(m): 7:21am On Oct 15, 2014
Do dey realy av a say in dat matter

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by ini4brandon(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2014
I think its wise to avoid a marriage where your inlaws openly hate you.
Except on ethnic sentiments, I'll listen to them and weigh their concerns carefully.
If eventually I persuade them to tag along, I'll never tell my spouse about my family's initial reservations about her.

old story sha...... married over four years with the best in laws in the world.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by perfectcrush(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2014
Take d damn woman to Mars and marry her, fullstop
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by perfectcrush(m): 7:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Take d damn woman to Mars and marry her, fullstop ...... can't live without the woman my body and my heart desire...
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by xynerise: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Tribal differences, greed and looks are the major reasons parents frown at your choice of spouse. If you can change their mentality on these, you are good to go.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Eden007(m): 7:26am On Oct 15, 2014
First assignment, look around you, who disobeyed the parent's wish when choosing a life partner and still flourished? As a guy, if your parent, your siblings, even the smallest has one reason or the other to ask you to stand down, bro that is not your wife. When you find your wife, it'll be naturally accepted by them.

It all depends if you trust your parents. Besides, why should a lady force herself into a family she's not being accepted?? You definitely won't stay with your husband alone. You are being married into the family, you bear their name.

No matter how deep in love you are, I promise you it'll be a disaster if you force yourself into a family. People should not neglect the fact that this is Africa, Nigeria! What you just do at this point is to let go!

To avoid being in this situation, watch the kind of people you open up yourself to. Don't fall for someone you cannot marry.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 15, 2014
flybiz08:
its difficult but i will marry the woman of my heart.

the woman of your heart is probably getting bleeped right now by some other dude(s) as the case may be..

your parent knows and that's why they are stopping your intentions..
rule 1: what elders aged while sitting, Young lads can't even if they climb a ladder..
rule 2: they want you to introduce a woman after your own heart to them..not a woman of your heart as you indicated..

OK??

BTW,why take her home sef when you can bleep her away all the way..
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by kingvicking(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2014
abbeyoye2001:
Will just let go. Bible says "obey ur parent" they must have a genuine reason thoo

And they may also be wrong in the judgements at times

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Allwell1991(m): 7:31am On Oct 15, 2014
abbeyoye2001:
Will just let go. Bible says "obey ur parent" they must have a genuine reason thoo
get sense nau cry

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Sexytemi(f): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2014
I'll go hug transformer oooo, LOL.
On a more serious note, i'll ask for her reasons, if its a genuine reason i'll let him go, cuz she cnt just hate him without a good reason, and due to Wat have heard n seen, I guess its better to listen to ones parent advise concerning ones life partner than regret in nearest future.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by austinereds(m): 7:37am On Oct 15, 2014
this is what an gonna say.....Can I have your daughter for the rest
of my life?
Say yes, say yes 'cause I need to
know
You say I'll never get your blessing
'til the day I die
Tough luck, my friend, but the
answer is 'No'
Why you gotta be so rude?
Don't you know I'm human too?
Why you gotta be so rude?
I'm gonna marry her anyway
Marry that girl
Marry her anyway
Marry that girl
Yeah, no matter what you say
Marry that girl
And we'll be a family
Why you gotta be so
Rude.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Amuga(f): 7:39am On Oct 15, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

It still happens o, especially when the person is from a particular tribe your parents. Don't like.
I've seen parents telling their children not to bring home girls from certain tribes.
You are so correct. Especially if they have stereotype that particular. I hear some parents saying "my daughter/son can't marry from that tribe because they are fetish and are unfaithful in their matrimonial home". Its not about a tribe but an individual

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by ceemere: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Its Simple, just impregnate her. Let them go and hit their head on the wall, its my future not their's

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 15, 2014
Lucasbalo:
The bottom line is that your parents have no right to dictate to you whom you should marry. I have the utmost respect and love for my parents for all they sacrifice for my siblings and I. The only time I had a disagreement with my mother was when I was getting married. Her main objection was I was not marrying from her tribe and that I was too young (23). I sat her down and told her I am done with my education , have a good job and that I like to do things earlier in life. She didn't reason with me but pop was very understanding. Went and got married anyway,. Dad was in Chicago for the wedding and mum wasn't. Its been a blast of a marital life for me and wifey and the girls. Bottom line, it's your life and your decision to make. It does mean you don't love your parents. I sure won't dictate to my children who to choose for marriage.

It's always the mother when it comes to choosing a wife , for the fathers they think they know the best career path for the child.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Listen, I know you could always go ahead in your decision, after all it's your life.
But you need your parent's blessings.

Also there may be something they see that you don't.
Tell them to explain and give reasons..

If you feel the reasons are not big enough to harm you or you simply don't see it at all,
Try to convince them...

Though it may take time... But your love will surely conquer....
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by eme1n(m): 7:47am On Oct 15, 2014
A cousin is going thru the same situation. We are deltans and they have flatly refused the lady, she is from akwa-ibom. embarassed
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by spookydee(m): 7:48am On Oct 15, 2014
well, my mum cost me a relationship of 6 yrs just cos she didn't like the girl and we argued about it all the time. only to trash out at family meetings. so i had to let go.

still waiting for her to ask me to marry, then she would get the bombshell of her life
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by michazy(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
carsellerz:

same bible you quoted says a man will leave his mum and dad And join with his wife for him to raise a family. marriage dis days doesnt work on sentiment you marry who you think you love and can live with for the next 30yrs.

so far the Bible says in Mark 10:7 that a man will leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife does not mean one should do that out of his parent consent.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:

It still happens o, especially when the person is from a particular tribe your parents. Don't like.
I've seen parents telling their children not to bring home girls from certain tribes.

come to canada, and see if parent approve white/black interracial relationship

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by dayosaurus(m): 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
I'll ask for their reasons, if it makes sense, I'll tell the girl off..
[size=18pt]
To those forming 21st century kids, if your son brings abubakar shekau's daughter home as his wife, would you bless the union??[/size]
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by McenTTT: 8:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Introducing a new website that offer free recharge card by referring friend and family.

Introducing a new website that offer free recharge card by referring friend and family

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by eduson33(m): 8:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Thanks so much for the encouragement.
(i'm igbo & she's yoruba).Really stressed me up but am hopeful..
thanks bro
14DUI:

Bros, just be calm, be yourself and this problem will be resolve, it takes time before parent adjust to reality as long as your lady loves you, she will be the only limiting factor, that is one of the challenges a man must face, gaining favor and acceptance from people we don't know. You will understand this issue in later life when you become a parent, this is your first test to prove your love n if you run, they will be justified that you never love the girl. Patience and perceiverance wins the race.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by makeitijn: 8:06am On Oct 15, 2014
Africans re certain type of people, that have certain type of attitiude, they re not loving at all, and we practice so much hatred, we love segregation, some parents just dont like their children marrying from a particular tribe, due to hatred for that people, they tell u, they hve bad behaviour and bad culture, but their own people re angels and re gud behaved, if u even look, u see that ur own people may be the devil that will never give gud thing any chance, so due to so much senseless hatred and divison that reigns in the black man hearts and land, the society is devoid of luv.. seriously?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by rigarmortis: 8:08am On Oct 15, 2014
no you don't continue, you turn her to your side chick.
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by aklosx(m): 8:08am On Oct 15, 2014
no more in my century. and my .................. so forget it
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by pyyxxaro: 8:08am On Oct 15, 2014
Run to Sambisa G.R.A cry ..... Its the safest place , cost of living , food stuff all very cheap grin ..... Am serious
Re: What Do You Do When Your Parent Detest The One You Love by dagentility(f): 8:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Nice thread,Op seems you know exactly the condition i'm into now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bridesmaid Falls While Challenging A Man To Zanku Dance At A Wedding (Video) / 1000 Intimate And Funny Questions To Ask Your Partner / Funaab Finalists Celebrates Denim Day In Styles (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.