Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? (1465 Views)

Top Five Phrases Used By Girls To Friendzone Boys / These Phrases Are Liable To Make Some Ladies Really Mad At You / Some Phrases Guys Says To Ladies And Their Real Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Nobody: 12:44am On Oct 15, 2014
Off the top of our heads, we can name check a number of things that have the potential to ruin a first date: Being rude to the waiter, texting your way through dinner, Instagramming your meal.

But saying the wrong thing is probably the biggest fear among the recently-dating-again set. Some examples below are:

1. "My ex is over there -- quick, act like we're interested in each other!"

2. "You're going to eat ALL of that?"

3. "Yes, those are my parents at the next table. Great people. We go everywhere together."

4. "Hey babe, can we cut this a little short, the game starts in two hours and I'm superstitious about sitting on my couch an hour before each game."

5. "What's your credit score?"

6. "Here's something I actually said while driving to the restaurant on my first date in 20 years: She was making small talk about my car and I blurted out, 'And with the back seat folded down you can lay down in the back.' I am sooooo smooth."

7. "I'm not racist, but..."

8. "So, let's talk politics."

9. "I love you."

10. "'I never used to watch Asian p.orn until I met you, now it it is all I watch.' I actually had someone say this to me; he was confused that I wasn't super flattered."

11. "You look a lot skinnier in your profile pic."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/09/things-you-shouldnt-say-o_n_5958988.html?cps=gravity
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by SMALLPENIS(f): 12:47am On Oct 15, 2014
Yeee! Mogbe! This is Hilarious! gringrin (and I always say these things o! lipsrsealed )
*in saka's voice* *dies*
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Baddestguyp(m): 12:55am On Oct 15, 2014
grin grin
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Nobody: 12:55am On Oct 15, 2014
No politics on the first date? Diaris God o grin
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by tosyne2much(m): 12:59am On Oct 15, 2014
In addition, these are mostly likely to ruin your first date

11. Neva tell a girl your vaseline finishes quickly

12. Neva tell a lady are a 3mins man

13. Neva tell a lady that you don't like bleeping and that it is a sin

1 Like

Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:02am On Oct 15, 2014
tosyne2much:
In addition

11. Neva tell a girl your vaseline finishes quickly

12. Neva tell a lady are a 3mins man
how is ur wânkíng business progressing ?
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by tosyne2much(m): 1:03am On Oct 15, 2014
Baddestguyp:
how is ur wânkíng business progressing ?
progressing very very well... No just try tell ladies all those tins oooo
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by chibwike(m): 1:04am On Oct 15, 2014
tosyne2much:
u neva sleep?
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Gboliwe: 1:07am On Oct 15, 2014
Lol @ #3. That's so not applicable in Nigeria.

So, if I don't talk politics what am I to talk, sports?

Okay, most Nigerian men will say "I love you" even before you agree to date. I am sure when you eventually agree to date, one will hear a lot of it. That's their own idea of making small talk. grin
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Baddestguyp(m): 1:07am On Oct 15, 2014
tosyne2much:
grin grin
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Piloeternity(m): 1:09am On Oct 15, 2014
Never tell her you are usain bolt in nature
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by MisterLongman(m): 2:16am On Oct 15, 2014
Gboliwe:
Lol @ #3. That's so not applicable in Nigeria.

So, if I don't talk politics what am I to talk, sports?

Okay, most Nigerian men will say "I love you" even before you agree to date. I am sure when you eventually agree to date, one will hear a lot of it. That's their own idea of making small talk. grin
wetin concern politics with your toast matter..... She will just get bored easily
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Nobody: 7:56am On Oct 15, 2014
About no. 2

If the babe wan chop me dry, I go talk am o. I no care if we no see again
Re: Phrases That Should'nt Be Uttered On A First Date? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
Zedric:
About no. 2

If the babe wan chop me dry, I go talk am o. I no care if we no see again
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

A Confused/brokenhearted Guy / One Reason Why Some Guys Cheats (pics) / Love Is Not About The Size

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.