Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38587 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by aigjoey(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
You are a big fool for questioning the school's action. the rules were clearly stated . no phone. no piecing of any kind.... and now they have been suspended u are crying woves. mind u the school can suspend a defaulter anytime.. I am a product of a public school were two days to exams students are suspended if found guilty... go busy urself pls and making storm out of a tea cup. I hate u

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by pesty100(m): 12:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons.
what has SIM done to the management of convenant university, I mean they could ban their student from using the internet but banning SIM is something else
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by simplejayy(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
to be 4 warned is to b 4 harmed...abeg make dem enjoy
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
bushdoc9919:

Agreed, the reasons are silly....but that is why it is important that before entering any school...you read the rules and regulations.

And if you think you cannot live under them...then you might consider going to a school with a more liberal regime.

For example, Babcock forbids soft drinks on campus. If I were a student applying there, I may consider giving up soft drinks or going to another school .

And at the bolded....a lot of universities do that!

thank you o...my school takes one complete year to prepare our results for service. so if you spill...na automatic 2yrs be that - people dey spill practical chemistry for years, abi is it GSTs - that one is story for another day.
I think they knew what they were going into before entering the school, so I wonder why this wailing now. It didn't start today, yet every academic year several in flux to the school.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Ayomax(m): 12:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
samyale:

Re u nw comparing federal university with ur adv secondary school?.
bros, i tire oooooooo. the guy must be high on something cheap

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Sixix: 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
dammytosh:
What is wickedness ?

There are laid down rules and there are also consequences for breaching them.

If you can not cope, write Jamb and go to Federal University.

Bunch of spoilt Shudren. In "Mama Peace voice"

There is something called 'proportionality'
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by sharubutu(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
@OP, if u have a car or knw hw to drive, intentionally refuse to wear ur seat belt, then drive towards any FRSC roadblock and see the penalty of that minor offence.
Now to the topic, the students knw the rules of the institution, probably signed an undertaking, went against these rules and got the accompanying punishment. So what's the big deal?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by aigjoey(m): 12:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??
Weeks To Exams by aigjoey ( m ): 12:49pm
You are a big fool for questioning the school's
action. the rules were clearly stated . no phone.
no piecing of any kind.... and now they have been
suspended u are crying woves. mind u the school
can suspend a defaulter anytime.. I am a product
of a public school were two days to exams
students are suspended if found guilty... go busy
urself pls and stop making storm out of a tea cup. I
hate u
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by meforyou1(m): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
op, you suspend people when they commit crime. why do you have to wait for when it is convinient for the offender to serve the punishment, how will it be a deterrent?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Olodonairaland(m): 12:54pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abeg who get nokia pin mouth charger
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by temitemi1(m): 12:55pm On Oct 15, 2014
Moreover the GO was suspended in UK, so I dnt sEe anyting wrong in suspending their students weeks to exams. Rubbish!!!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by hustla(m): 12:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??

Bro I finished fromt the school in 2011 and the wickedness can be appaling
Your finishing from that school isn't guaranteed till your last day. You could get arraigned before SDC (Student's Disciplinary Committe) for the stupidest offences ever.

They wait until exams are approaching before doing this, intentionally. Cases that might have been piled up and forgotten by the offenders are announced during a 'General Assembly' just before exams.
Imagine dishing out a 1 semester or 4 weeks suspension to a student that has 3 weeks to write an exam; that's just telling the person he has been suspended for a year

Often times Oyedepo doesn't even know about most of these things.

God dey sha

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ElekeNtioba: 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Oh!Very nice.

Thanks for the info and i must say u're well mannered smiley

Some pple woulda replied with insults.

There's hope for Nairaland smiley

She's just an exception so dont get ur hopes up.

For me, U deserve an e-slap.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by lawrenceunaa: 12:58pm On Oct 15, 2014
Na dem business shey na dem dey defend their school undecided
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by amokeme(f): 12:59pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??
I really cant wait for the DSA to be removed! That guy is a definition of wickedness! And abt the final year students coming back for a 3unit course, I think its even reasonable. What do you have to say abt students (a WHOLE lot) spilling because of a ZERO unit course?? The thing is just annoying

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Na by force
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
Your moniker says it all cheesy
ElekeNtioba:

She's just an exception so dont get ur hopes up.

For me, U deserve an e-slap.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Reference(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ihebu4chelsea:
you failed thats why you are studyin dia. Look @ you Comparin a Federal university to dat Secondary School you call Convenant.

Covenant. A convent is where nuns are warehoused. We need to sieze your mobile phone too.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Unclerukus: 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. [b][/b]Anything below 45 [b][/b]is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
my friend shut up. We all know covenant is a dump ground for most JAMB rejects and underachievers, so your 45 grade basis is cow dung.Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by buoye1(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many[b]trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons.[/b] The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

Your opinions??
What do you mean at the bolded?there are rules and regulations governing the school,when you break the edge the serpent ll bite!!!!!they signed for it themsElves so they deserve it IMO
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tete7000(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
They chose the school, it's their problem. They should abide by the rules. As much as I might not agree with some Covenant University rules, the hallmark of a matured person is his/her ability to stick with agreed conventions.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by clemz88(m): 1:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Oh!Very nice.

grin
WoodcrestMayor:
Oh!Very nice.

shez a patriotic Nigerian
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 15, 2014
not again angry angry angry
Dbestmax:
Convenant university NOT AN OPTION since 1500
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
A patriotic nairalander wink
clemz88:
grin shez a patriotic Nigerian
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by yorex2011: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
aigjoey:
Weeks To Exams by aigjoey ( m ): 12:49pm
You are a big fool for questioning the school's
action. the rules were clearly stated . no phone.
no piecing of any kind.... and now they have been
suspended u are crying woves. mind u the school
can suspend a defaulter anytime.. I am a product
of a public school were two days to exams
students are suspended if found guilty... go busy
urself pls and stop making storm out of a tea cup. I
hate u

Bros u funny o.. U just want her to see the insult by all means.. Hian

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by dammytosh: 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Sixix:

There is something called 'proportionality'

There is nothing called proportionality when there is a Law and guideline.

IT is either you take it or go home.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by marvmurphy(m): 1:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
grin when I was still that skul

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by WoodcrestMayor(m): 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Do we need to go over dis again
Unclerukus:
my friend shut up. We all know covenant is a dump ground for most JAMB rejects and underachievers, so your 45 grade basis is cow dung.Thanks.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Sixix: 1:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
dammytosh:

There is nothing called proportionality when there is a Law and guideline.

IT is either you take it or go home.

shocked shocked shocked

Who is your political science tutor?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by judedwriter(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
Bullshit school!
BETTER DO jamb 10years than going to such poo!
10 wetin Anyways, thank God say I don pass dat level for longgggg grin bros e no eazy to rewrite jamb oj beta look for one sharp producer nd start singing like wizzy and davido cheesy

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by xtophy(m): 1:11pm On Oct 15, 2014
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

undecided
.. u disappoint me

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Admission List: / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.