Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,860 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38622 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by RFella(m): 1:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
Take it or leave it, private varsities are more organized than their public counterparts here in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nigerians need to learn to live by rules and regulations.

While the outlined offences may be trivial to all and sundry it is still not an excuse to flout laid down rules.

I used to knock private universities in Nigeria but heck I'm beginning to key into Oyedepo's train of thought.

I'm a sucker for discipline!

It may seem harsh but rules are rules and rules MUST be upheld!

5 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by MadCow1: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
If they fhucked up, then they should be expelled/suspended/disciplined without sympathty or consideration.. angry

Nigerians need to be taught discipline the hard way.. OBEY THE FHUCKING LAW or Face the consequences..

The school said dont act a fool... Niggas went ahead and acted a fool.... Now Niggas are about to do time, then along come Martim Luther Kings impostor to talk some stupid trash about being inconsiderate.. #NiggaPuleeeeze.. If they didnt want to go to that concentration camp called Covenant, then they shouldnt have.. Period. But if you joined them, knowing the rules and delibrately broke the rules, then you must pay the penalty for your stupidity..

#Fhuck those students.
#FhuckOyedepo
#FhuckCovenantPoultry/University
#FhuckAllThoseThatHateMyPost..

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
judedwriter:

10 wetin Anyways, thank God say I don pass dat level for longgggg grin bros e no eazy to rewrite jamb oj beta look for one sharp producer nd start singing like wizzy and davido cheesy
bros nah true o! Twice wey i write am,i know as my body do me........GOD GO PUNISH ANYBODY/ANY WITCH ABI WIZARD WEY BRING THE IDEA OF JAMB FOR NAIJA! Amen!!! Thunder go tear that persin belle,e no go better for that persin!
See wetin the persin put this children into and many others! Infact make thunder strike am now now! Amen
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Reference(m): 1:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
sharubutu:
@OP, if u have a car or knw hw to drive, intentionally refuse to wear ur seat belt, then drive towards any FRSC roadblock and see the penalty of that minor offence.
Now to the topic, the students knw the rules of the institution, probably signed an undertaking, went against these rules and got the accompanying punishment. So what's the big deal?

The poster knows you will be arrested for not wearing a seat belt. I think what she (I assume) is saying is, it becomes wierd to conduct such arrests in heavy traffic aka 'go-slow'. I mean how da hell do you want me to buy gala and LaCasera with my gaddem seat belt on....thoughtless of that Iphone 6 and Rolex Perpetual...that I missed cos of my gaddem seat belt....I hate seat belts....I hate Road Safety....I hate laws....ok, what were you saying..
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Dcaliphate(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
calm down, UNN fails u from below 40.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by texazzpete(m): 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
sapien:
Yes. Covenant University is the type of University I admire; a morally sound institution.

Why should a student pierce her ear in two to three places? Is she a commercial sex worker?

It's high time our Public Universities started suspending those high class prostitutes in our institutions of higher learning. For example, my school- Uniport. The high rate of "Aristocracy" over here is alarming!

Your problem stems from a chronic lack of common sense.

I'm somewhat conservative, so I still find double ear piercings jarring...but i cannot jump up and call anyone with multiple ear piercings 'a prostitute'. What kind of inane stereotyping is this?

Mass suspensions doesn't necessarily mean the students are morally much better.

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by eleko1: 1:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
Sorry,it is not wickedness,It is using Ur Head and common Sense ma.Why?I believe those undergraduate student read the handbook/prospectus clearly(abi nah their pa/ma helep them filled their form?)If U are in ROME,behave like the ROMANS.There are some place where there's speed limitation.If U overspeed,U'll pay for it.It is not time to heap a blame on d sch authority?We can only plead for them.If U must dress like masquerade,LASU,UNILAG,ABU,EKSU,OAU,UI dey there.
Ladystewie:
This is what happens when you put a small boy as the dean of student affairs... I really doubt that David Oyedepo knows about this wickedness going on in the school.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:
If they fhucked up, then they should be expelled without sympathty or consideration.. angry

Nigerians need to be thaught discipline the hard way.. OBEY THE FHUCKING LAW or Face the consequences.. #Fhuck those students. #FhuckOyedepo #FhuckCovenantPoultry/University.
i dey even think say i dey mad,nah today i see MADNESS! Bro keep it up,kontinu madding!

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by isick(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ayomax:
a 3rd class student in my school will have 2:1 in your so called 2nd best uni.
because dat student will be taught well with good teaching aids in a condusive environment and by seasoned and cultured lecturers

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tintingz(m): 1:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
[size=15pt]Covenant Children Secondary School

Rules are Rules, they should abide to the rules.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by MadCow1: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997:
i dey even think say i dey mad,nah today i see MADNESS! Bro keep it up,kontinu madding!

Do you know me?! Do I know you?! Do we know each other?! What do you know about me?! What do I know about you?!

Okay.. Thanks for stopping by.

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by theorbiters: 1:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Before you condemn the skul authorities, ask yourself, what were the rules stipulated in the code of conduct handbook? If they had been given the laws prior to this then you can't blame the skul for acting the way it did. The fact they waited till this time is telling you that wen u are given a long rope, it is not for decoration rather the time will come wen u will use it to hang ur self. Tho' hands join together, a sinner will not go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Ybholy(m): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2014
What a mess ! Delaying the fate of their students .

Just praying cos my cousin schools there !
God take control , i rest my words

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Do you know me?! Do I know you?! Do we know each other?! What do you know about me?! What do I know about you?!

Okay.. Thanks for stopping by.
bro,i no get anything with u abeg! Persin wey dey mad since 1927! Abeg dey go....

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by InvertedHammer: 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??
\
Are there any laws against these "trivials" in the school?

If Yes! They they deserve to be suspended. If you will not abide by their rules, change to a different school.

If No! Then something is wrong somewhere

/
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
News reaching me is that the formidable CU has suspended various students for many trivial reasons such as double piercings in their ear, phone possession, having sim enabled ipads and other silly reasons. The students are to be suspended for four weeks, just three weeks to examinations, and are to go home today.

IMO, this is wickedness of the highest order. How would you suspend students just a few weeks to exams? The normal practise of the school is to suspend erring students at the start of a new semester but, these students are going home towards exam period. And when people bash the school, they complain.

I also her the school takes great joy in expelling and suspending students for foolish reasons. And how the school makes final year students come back(spill over) for one whole year just because of a 3 unit course.. Really stupid angry
Your opinions??
A student can be suspended at any time once he/she is guilty.
Even when writing an exam, be it final year or 1st year exam.
Last Bullet
They commited an offense before suspension.
Maybe they should v commited the offense as at 1st week of resumption and not some weeks to examination!

3 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Reference(m): 1:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
meforyou1:
op, you suspend people when they commit crime. why do you have to wait for when it is convinient for the offender to serve the punishment, how will it be a deterrent?

But here in Nigeria 'big men' break 'big laws' and get 'big plea bargain'. Overseas oyibo dey get dia own brand of injustice called 'suspended sentence' reserved for celebrities and... 'big white boys and gals'.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by lilmax(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
The op is high.rules are not to be broken why stress yourself?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by recentelder(m): 1:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
The ealier we know how to respond to issues, the better our country wl b. Let us hav attitudinal change.the way we insult on this platform is childish n immature

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 15, 2014
So? Na deir problem b dat na
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by abagnalie: 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
convenant university again
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:
I really doubt that David Oyedepo knows about this wickedness going on in the school.

He Does!
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by morefire: 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us

your totally on point..... you knew the rules before you signed up.. obey the same rules..

but wait did you just say "if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36"?

can you please name one uni (federal or state) where this happened?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by kizzle4eva(m): 1:36pm On Oct 15, 2014
Abeg mk we hear word jor.
Didn't the said students all sign the undertaking to abide by the school's rules and regulations when they entered ni?
Even Club get im rules where bouncers de enforce if U miss-do
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
isick:

because dat student will be taught well with good teaching aids in a condusive environment and by seasoned and cultured lecturers

Excuse me! Seasoned and cultured lecturers? Lol, I laugh in english!

Don't be surprised that most of those lecturers are from public universities doing part time Job in private universities and we both know how these public universities' lecturers behave.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Freest(m): 1:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:
If they fhucked up, then they should be expelled/suspended/disciplined without sympathty or consideration.. angry

Nigerians need to be taught discipline the hard way.. OBEY THE FHUCKING LAW or Face the consequences..

The school said dont act a fool... Niggas went ahead and acted a fool.... Now Niggas are about to do time, then along come Martim Luther Kings impostor to talk some stupid trash about being inconsiderate.. #NiggaPuleeeeze.. If they didnt want to go to that concentration camp called Covenant, then they shouldnt have.. Period. But if you joined them, knowing the rules and delibrately broke the rules, then you must pay the penalty for your stupidity..

#Fhuck those students.
#FhuckOyedepo
#FhuckCovenantPoultry/University
#FhuckAllThoseThatHateMyPost..
Hehehehehe... U wee noh make me laugh and fall from bike...
Really a madcow indeed!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by stagger: 1:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??

You are an idiota. Which foreign university allows students to graduate after failing a 3-unit course in final year? Your brains seemed to have taken french leave.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ekolina(m): 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Assuming a student fails a second semester course, doesn't that amount to a whole session? It happens even in federal and state schools so that's not a problem. also note that tuition is not paid by semester but by session as such there is no way u can dodge paying the whole fee
Ladystewie:
My point is, the course be carried over for one semester, not the whole session.
Why should the spillover students one back for one whole year just because of one course? And they pay the school fees, you know
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 15, 2014
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by PERFECT2(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ladystewie:

Your opinions??
These students know the rules before they enter the school. It's very simple.....If you can't beat them,you leave them.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by lockupman(m): 1:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Pple have refused to be wise. I can guarantee that all the money you spend in Covenant University would be more than enough to study in Germany, South Korea and even US. Impatience and lack of expanded reasoning affecting Nigerian parents since 1900

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Secondary Students Hang On Tree In Edo (Pictured) / Pictures Of OAU Swimming Pool And Sports Complex / Tosin Durodola Is 2nd World Best Thesis Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.