Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,410 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams (38586 Views)

Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ / See Covenant University Mobile Phone Outlaw Undertaking / Covenant University Suspends Over 500 Students Few Days To Examinations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
VcStunner:
my sister pls leave dat matter o. Have u hrd of Federal University of technology Yola? In that sch, a unit course(practical CH103) had kept a friend of mine for 2yrs after graduation!! He pays sch fees, and participates yet kept on spilling. Jez dat as a private uni with such exorbitant fee paid its expected their shuld be leniency and dats not dilution of principle at all. Dats d only thing wicked to me. If ur sch gave u a form to fill and u read all d do's and don'ts and u went ahead to click "I Agree" then u will bear every consequencies! Dats all
Unad now Eksu is another example.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 1:52pm On Oct 15, 2014
CoolHunk:

Unilorin. cheesy
Unilorin,school iyonu that's how a friend of mine(a student)there sings the Anthem.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by EMMYB0Y(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdDwfheCagA&feature=youtu.be click this link to watch YOU ARE THE GIRL I USED TO KNOW by (DARE@ALADE) ANIMATED CHIPMUNK VIDEO...............CHIPMUNK VERSION
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
aigjoey:
You are a big fool for questioning the school's action. the rules were clearly stated . no phone. no piecing of any kind.... and now they have been suspended u are crying woves. mind u the school can suspend a defaulter anytime.. I am a product of a public school were two days to exams students are suspended if found guilty... go busy urself pls and making storm out of a tea cup. I hate u
Eleyi gidi gan oo
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
RFella:
Take it or leave it, private varsities are much more organized than their public counterparts here in Nigeria...
Which one be "Much More"?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 2:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
OMOIBO1:
Nigerians need to learn to live by rules and regulations.

While the outlined offences may be trivial to all and sundry it is still not an excuse to flout laid down rules.

I used to knock private universities in Nigeria but heck I'm beginning to key into Oyedepo's train of thought.

I'm a sucker for discipline!

It may seem harsh but rules are rules and rules MUST be upheld!
Rules are rules right?But you do Criticize Mugabe's rules.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Unclerukus:
my friend shut up. We all know covenant is a dump ground for most JAMB rejects and underachievers, so your 45 grade basis is cow dung.Thanks.

I got 276 in Jamb and 7A1's in Waec I am not even the smartest here. Talk with points my friend, Majority of the people here are actually intelligent people in search of a place thats free from academic distractions like strike, poor electricity, and the likes. Here we have an online learning platform were lecture notes are uploaded so you dont need to buy handouts, we have uninterrupted electricity supply and internet access, mostly dedicated lecturers and innovative management, like i always say, you either come out of your comfort zone and soar with us or take a seat and watch us soar
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by tuffgongjo(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
Dcaliphate:

calm down, UNN fails u from below 40.
even in most state "unis"their F starts from 35 downward.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ekolina(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
You spoke very well but I feel you need to enlighten yourself about university standards. FYI there is no federal university in Nigeria that has pass mark as 36 . Also, note that CU coming second in university ranking its not because of the number of spill overs(but because of the number of first class, 2.1 graduates and stability of your programs. that's, no strike) for federal university got more. Also of note is that two of your lecturers in chemical engineering are from the school I graduated and they have helped in a great way to restructure the departed.
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2014
samyale:

Re u nw comparing federal university with ur adv secondary school?.

Actually, I am in the second best University in Nigeria,soon, we would be the best, what about you?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by wckabuoh(m): 2:07pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is that your own definition of standard?? Does using an Ipad that is SIM enabled a fall in standard We should be logical in our arguments. It is even funny when JAMB would ask students not to use calculators in an examination hall. Knowing how to use calculator is even a knowledge on its own.
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

undecided

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ayomax:
a 3rd class student in my school will have 2:1 in your so called 2nd best uni.

I think you are right, because he would be free from distractions, he would have dedicated lecturers and fully equipped library and laboratory, he would have access to over 127 million online books, so, why wouldnt he make a 2:1 or even first class here?

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Aspireahead(m): 2:12pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

I am a student here and even if I dont support a three week suspension for double piercing, we all signed an undertaking with respect to these rules and breaking these rules is equal to a breach of contract which is legally punishable. These rules are basic rules any responsible person wouldnt have a hard time obeying. As for the spillover issue, i think we are second best in Nigeria for a reason, and one of those reasons are the high standards here which are rarely compromised. Anything below 45 is an F and if anyone feels he is not comfortable with it, he should go to a Federal university where he can buy grades or pass with a 36. Like I always say, we are soaring, take a seat and watch if you dont want to come out of your comfort zones and soar with us
insult the fexderal universities to get your point across...welldone
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 15, 2014
ekolina:
You spoke very well but I feel you need to enlighten yourself about university standards. FYI there is no federal university in Nigeria that has pass mark as 36 . Also, note that CU coming second in university ranking its not because of the number of spill overs(but because of the number of first class, 2.1 graduates and stability of your programs. that's, no strike) for federal university got more. Also of note is that two of your lecturers in chemical engineering are from the school I graduated and they have helped in a great way to restructure the departed.

I totally agree with you on that point, Majority of the lecturers and professors here are either white or from the federal universities. Points noted. But you should not forget the fact that CU is only 12 years old therefore it doesnt have dept with respect to old students turning into professors
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aspireahead:

insult the fexderal universities to get your point across...welldone

Its not an insult, its just a bitter fact. The Most of the federal universities need total restructuring, corruption and incompetence is rife in those structures.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
Nosyke:

So if a final year student fails a 3 unit course, it should be waived ehn kwa? I give up

****Edited***
There are reasons why lectures are given and time to prepare for exams also given. If a student knows that if (s)he fails an exam EVEN IN FINAL YEAR, it will lead to repeating a whole academic session, such student should put in whatever it takes to pass with a clean sheet.

I went to a school where even [b]ONE UNIT [/b]Course earned students spill overs , let alone 3 and this was a Federal University

Complacency is never a good ingredient for a successful recipe. Again, they must have known even before getting to that level, so kini big deal?.
You graduated from FUTO, right?
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by junel: 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
Offenders should be punished according to d law
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by odukoko(m): 2:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
SINGING:
''GREAT IFE,GREAT IFE!
REMAIN GREAT IFE,
SCIENTIFIC ALUTA WITH MATURITY,
GREAT IFE,GREAT IFE!
'REMAIN GREAT IFE''

''GREAT IFE,GREAT IFE!
AFRICA MOST BEAUTIFUL CAMPUS,
(FILL IN THE GAP IF YOU CAN)
ALUTA AGAINST ALL OPPRESSION,
FORWARD EVER, BACKWARD NEVER''.
(FILL IN THE GAP IF YOU CAN)
THERE IS ONLY ONE GREAT IFE IN THE UNIVERSE, ANOTHER GREAT IFE IS A COUNTERFEIT!

2 Likes

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by kullozone(m): 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ayomax:
a 3rd class student in my school will have 2:1 in your so called 2nd best uni.

nice one bro...

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 15, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Rules are rules right?But you do Criticize Mugabe's rules.

If you were a Zimbabwean, you can do more than critique Mugabe's rules....you can run for office and change them

Regarding Covenant...you can either become the VC, or a member of the board, or even the GO of Living Faith...and change the rules.

Until then.....Oyedepo's school, Oyedepo's rules.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
Ihebu4chelsea:
you failed thats why you are studyin dia. Look @ you Comparin a Federal university to dat Secondary School you call Convenant.
lol bruv.m not a student of covenant university and I was not comparing the two! the stuff d other guy wrote was just amusing.
I've never failed jamb b4! thanks.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by ekolina(m): 2:33pm On Oct 15, 2014
What I what you to get to your head is No federal university has 36 as bench mark. Also, federal uni got E-library. Learning in CU is very conducive I must say but I would rather send my ward to a school abroad. On a final note, is any of your alumni lecturer now?
mrryon:

I totally agree with you on that point, Majority of the lecturers and professors here are either white or from the federal universities. Points noted. But you should not forget the fact that CU is only 12 years old therefore it doesnt have dept with respect to old students turning into professors
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by samyale(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

Actually, I am in the second best University in Nigeria,soon, we would be the best, what about you?

Pls, who named CU as d second best university in nigeria,?
Oga, stop dreaming o..ur schl z nowhr near any federal university.
Am sure ur schl still do mrng assembly 2 check 4 socks and tie? grin

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Aspireahead(m): 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
mrryon:

Its not an insult, its just a bitter fact. The Most of the federal universities need total restructuring, corruption and incompetence is rife in those structures.
private universities are free from corruption..i get your point
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by sylaz(m): 2:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:
If they fhucked up, then they should be expelled/suspended/disciplined without sympathty or consideration.. angry

Nigerians need to be taught discipline the hard way.. OBEY THE FHUCKING LAW or Face the consequences..

The school said dont act a fool... Niggas went ahead and acted a fool.... Now Niggas are about to do time, then along come Martim Luther Kings impostor to talk some stupid trash about being inconsiderate.. #NiggaPuleeeeze.. If they didnt want to go to that concentration camp called Covenant, then they shouldnt have.. Period. But if you joined them, knowing the rules and delibrately broke the rules, then you must pay the penalty for your stupidity..

#Fhuck those students.
#FhuckOyedepo
#FhuckCovenantPoultry/University
#FhuckAllThoseThatHateMyPost..
In 2chainz voice: 'TRUUUUUUUUU'.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by spankyflex(m): 2:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Kachisbarbie:

thank you o...my school takes one complete year to prepare our results for service. so if you spill...na automatic 2yrs be that - people dey spill practical chemistry for years, abi is it GSTs - that one is story for another day.
I think they knew what they were going into before entering the school, so I wonder why this wailing now. It didn't start today, yet every academic year several in flux to the school.
uniuyo abi
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by bosun11(m): 2:41pm On Oct 15, 2014
there was no need for this topic...Its so simple,there are laid down rules before entering such universities, if you can abide with the rules,good for you..if you can't..go to another university...so there's no big deal ........and if there re no rules...there wont be orderliness in any organisation...so a school is no diff!! perioud
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
Aspireahead:

private universities are free from corruption..i get your point

Actually, my point is that Covenant university is 90% free from corruption
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by kullozone(m): 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
eleko1:
Sorry,it is not wickedness,It is using Ur Head and common Sense ma.Why?I believe those undergraduate student read the handbook/prospectus clearly(abi nah their pa/ma helep them filled their form?)If U are in ROME,behave like the ROMANS.There are some place where there's speed limitation.If U overspeed,U'll pay for it.It is not time to heap a blame on d sch authority?We can only plead for them.If U must dress like masquerade,LASU,UNILAG,ABU,EKSU,OAU,UI dey there.

E be like say you nor well...
Lasu doesn't even allow three-quaters or bathroom slippers...even shades and face caps.

STOP INSULTING PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 15, 2014
samyale:

Pls, who named CU as d second best university in nigeria,?
Oga, stop dreaming o..ur schl z nowhr near any federal university.
Am sure ur schl still do mrng assembly 2 check 4 socks and tie? grin

Webometrics named it the 2nd best, Repositories named it the best, but Webometrics is the internationally acknowledged rating system for Universities. My brother, You would agree with me that a corporately dressed gentle man almost always makes a better impression than a Fresh guy in shirt, chains and nike shoes. You should try it, its Fun. Last question, Would you rather see your son in shirt and jeans with chains all over and tatoos everywhere, or in a Three piece suit? I rest my case
Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by GboyegaD(m): 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2014
rattlesnake:
u will kill urself on oyedepo matter for.nothing

Who send u?
Are the parents complaining?

Are u the one who sent them to school?

If Ur shild pierces her n1pples...will u like it

Discipline is key that is why naija is used as dustbin cos we have no standard

undecided

This is the centenary joke I have been looking for. I am not sure you have an understanding of what you wrote.

1 Like

Re: Covenant University Suspends Students 3 Weeks To Exams by rukks: 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2014
The students suspended broke the rules in the school and they are not ignorant of the rules. We need to have disciplined youths period. Note the school did not suspend the whole students in the school only the disobedient ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Abuja Admission List: / FUNAAB Expels Michael Adewale Ifemosu For Writing Open Letter To VC On Facebook / Don’t Reopen Schools Now, Lagos Parents Tell Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.