Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,914 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. (54241 Views)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by gbadexy(m): 2:58pm On Oct 19, 2014
XXCASH:

I read your response and can only laugh. Young man i have been married for 10years (had a party 2months for this) and believe me i have seen a lot.
My 1st year was rough and i only got wiser in handling things at home.
I have mediated in marital issues that i sometime tell myself that If i was this Guy i would just pack and go.
If u r not married pls dont give advice on marital issues.
Its funny that most of those commenting and suggesting that the op and other man with similar experience weren't doing enough are males and probably singles too without authority to counsel. They just want likes from the females.
I know that even in business, hostel etc where people relate together, there are some easy to get along people and some are just trouble so I don't doubt it would be so in marriage too.

3 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
Women go into marriage thinking their men would change with time,they hardly ever do.Men go into marriage thinking their women will remain that wonderful still,but....Marriage it is.

7 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by soledadd: 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Scyllapatron

We have heard from the man then what of the woman? Do you know that she might have a different thing to say as regards this issue. Not that i am taking sides with the woman because i am her folk no, some men see themselves as king all for the woman to be worshiping then and when you fail to do that the whole world would hear it. He should stop complaing and look into his life first to see whether he has problem. I am a married woman of many years and has helped people fix their marriages. Both the wife and husband has some work to do to forestall peace. Its not only a woman' thing.

5 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by ProfdavidO(m): 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=liyuboy post=27190144]Hello Peep, i need ur advise,, i am married to a woman i tot was of a certain characteristics upon marriage and two years down the line my only source of happiness are the two children (Boy and Girl) we have.

Despite all I do (as bread winner) to please her she is not appreciative, she disrespect me, she doesn't cook for me, she complains too much, she compares me to her father daily even though i have told her her mother has a better character than her that is why her father would do anything to please her.

I am always unhappy becos of her character, i am thinking of seeking divorce.

What do u guys think?
[/quote Be patient my dear,you'll soon enjoy her..you're just getting into each other.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by ichidodo: 3:02pm On Oct 19, 2014
O.p you don marry 'one chance'...

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Morotov1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 19, 2014
podosci:

How old are you......why all this fowl language,,,,A man is pouring his heart out and talking about what he is experiencing,,,,,,,,,,If u were even married,,ur comment would be dignified but u are not and abusing a married person try to communicate his experience.....Please appologise to him and try to comment positively next time
Sorry boss, but I didn't use foul language on him, rather I wrote what he won't like to hear which is basically the truth.

Let him have a sober reflection on how he view his wife....that is not a good account for his supposed better half.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by podosci(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2014
Morotov1:
Sorry boss, but I didn't use foul language on him, rather I wrote what he won't like to hear which is basically the truth.

Let him have a sober reflection on how he view his wife....that is not a good account for his supposed better half.
I am not married , so i av restrained my self to the bench,,i wont condem or praise married person here........when i am married i would be able to comment,,,,,,i suggest you show such restrains too

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by palma(f): 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
@op let me come in as a married woman with 2 kids and over 4yrs of marriage. Trust me i am not perfect and to be candid strong headed. Kudos to my hubby for ever managing me. Do you believe that there are no perfect marriages out there? Do you know what you count has issues are not even some people will consider a problem. As much as i dont support some of the characters you listed especially the not cooking aspect, i will still implore you to be patient and just a little bit understanding. She might be stressed and frustrated. Is she working? Does she have any help? Do you help? In what aspect does she compare you to her dad? Are you caring enough? Are you the type of man that just laze about expecting the wife to do everything? Do you compliment her? Do you notice her? Do you ask after her well being from time time? Do you take her out? Are you proud of her? Do you discuss with her or see her as someone who cannot be your match intelligence wise? How do you talk to her? Any endearment words for her? Do you love her? Did you cheat on her?

Your wife might be unhappy and she will lash out when she cant take it anymore. Don't even call 3rd party into your issues it will make things worse, talk to her ask her why the change. If you can sleep with her to bring forth 2kids without external intervention, then get your acts together and solve without any intervention. Sometimes take the kids off her hands to give her a break. Dint ever reply her in an abusive manner. Hold her close, if you love her tell her. She needs to know you have her back.

See a real man will look for a way to put his life together, asking for help on a social network such as this might worsen an already bad situation because most people giving you advice are not married thus might not understand your situation. Please keep your marital troubles away from people because they will add more issues. If the situation is very bad and all else has failed after several attempts, then you can involve basically your wife's family, your family must be the last to know and before you wonder why its because when everything is settled it might not be settled in their own mind and your wife might forever not find favour in their sight.

Dear anguished op thats all i can say. May God be with you and your family,

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2014
soledadd:
@Scyllapatron

We have heard from the man then what of the woman? Do you know that she might have a different thing to say as regards this issue. Not that i am taking sides with the woman because i am her folk no, some men see themselves as king all for the woman to be worshiping then and when you fail to do that the whole world would hear it. He should stop complaing and look into his life first to see whether he has problem. I am a married woman of many years and has helped people fix their marriages. Both the wife and husband has some work to do to forestall peace. Its not only a woman' thing.

miss, you have not been married so long as I have been, ok? and believe it or not your are biased, you lack the analytic sense of judgement to fix even a secondary school friendship.
again i ask you - if it was the wife who opened a thread to complain about her husband, would you tell her the same? or if it was your brother that has marital issues and complained to you about his wife, would you tell him to go and look into his life and see wether he has problem

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by DSuperWoman(f): 3:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
I don't want to sound weird and I don't want sound like a critic but these attributes you have explained are those of a woman who has slept with her father. I really hope I am wrong cuz a woman who has slept with her father cannot be satisfied by any other man either in the bedroom or otherwise. You didn't mention it but I'm guessing she may be cheating on you too (that is if off course she has slept her dad) if this is the case then your marriage needs spiritual attention very serious one at that. Don't divorce her you sound like you love her. Take it to God and a genuie Pastor

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by elyesh(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2014
Hello OP...i am a married man...my marriage will be two years by 29th this month...buh to be sincere my wife is the best on earth...something is fundamentally wrong with ur with u and ur wife...i hv trusted God and done somethings that has really help me and my wife...we have never quarried,we have never had any major family problems...maybe when we disagree on some issues and later agree again...sometimes i play the fool for the sake of peace to reign...infact most times i overlook things...my wife is this hot temper kind of person but God has help me to quench the volcano in her
Ur wife can be a better person.....

does she has anybody she fear or respect soo much? Such a per can be of help in this case
Hope u are not looking for excuse to divorce her
Hii guys...i am kind of new...i joined naira three years ago buh what i do is i only log in to read posts and comments...u guys are really great...my life has not remain thesame since i started reading posts here....i love u all nairalanders

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by rezzy: 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she doesn't appreciate you
•she is a moaner
•she compares you to her father all the time.

divorce isn't even needed now. man up & give her father a call. break it down to him how he has failed as a father to bring up her daughter the proper way.

tell him how disappointed you are to have been scammed to marry a damaged good(his daughter). tell him you are few inches away from driving a dagger into his daughter's heart & if care is not taken, he would be burying his daughter instead of celebrating christmas....

trust me, things would change......

Which kind advice be this?

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Sunshinelady(f): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
alutacontinua:

You're apparently high on something cheap would be too honourable a word to describe. undecided
Cow urine, maybe tongue

You never meet correct father wey go deal with you and your whole entire being angry
Why would we call a man a man if he needs another man to handle his woman?
biko, coogar, I no fit argue this morning.....just wanted to tell you to check your 'angel dust', a laboratory test would reveal some urine of some sort (I'm sure of that) tongue cheesy
. Y wuld we call a man a man if he needs anoda man to handle his woman''. ...I tink dis is a classic statement

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Ymodulus: 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2014
mayorall:

Ogbeni. How far .
I dei. How u
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by elyesh(m): 3:25pm On Oct 19, 2014
I am two years old in marraige but hv never experience any querrel....ur family hv a fundamental problem

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Sanguine77(m): 3:26pm On Oct 19, 2014
gistmelove:

or the op his cheating on her??

See evidence here >> https://www.nairaland.com/985034/dick-sucking
Its alright... Birds of identical plummage conglomerate to the lowest proximity

3 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by vicadex07(m): 3:30pm On Oct 19, 2014
rofemiguwa:
Geeez!!! Is this legal, sharing someones'4 diary.
Seun this shouldnt be right, there is a reason it is called a diary.it is very private.
The share button shouldnt work in the diary section.

Mizmycoli please make sure this person approves this sort of exposure.its not a literature thread,it is a DIARY

Anybody that "truly" wants privacy will avoid posting personal info online unless you want it to be public. The recent Icloud scandal is a perfect reference. A massive offline storage device should be enough for all your storage needs.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by dasparrow: 3:34pm On Oct 19, 2014
@Post

Nigerians and their many crappy marriages cool

Its not a force to get married. Many Nigerian adults are not ready for marriage but they jump into it anyway because of societal pressure and family expectations. As long as you keeping jumping into marriage unprepared just to please society and your family and friends, many of you will continue to experience crappy miserable marriages. Therefore, look before you leap. OP, go and work things out with your wife and stop soliciting for marital advice from total strangers on the internet. Were we Nairalanders in the picture when you guys were getting married? Shio!

6 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nwachiizu(m): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
lynpetra:
Women go into marriage thinking their men would change with time,they hardly ever do.Men go into marriage thinking their women will remain that wonderful still,but....Marriage it is.

I think this is the main point. Most people marry expecting their partners to remain the same before and after marriage. How can that be possible? If you focus on making it work you'll realize that God has endowed you with all it takes to always make sure things are ok. If however things still look unbearable then you seek the advice of a counselor together with your wife. If things are still uncontrollable after counseling then it means you have married wrongly. In this case divorce is not an option you just have to endure until death do you part. God help us oh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by texanomaly(f): 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she is a moaner

divorce isn't even needed now. man up & give her father a call. break it down to him how he has failed as a father to bring up her daughter the proper way.

tell him how disappointed you are to have been scammed to marry a damaged good(his daughter). tell him you are few inches away from driving a dagger into his daughter's heart & if care is not taken, he would be burying his daughter instead of celebrating christmas....

Why not just tell him he will have her back soon and he may not see his grandchildren after that. If he doesn't do something, Grandma will!

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by LibrarianD: 3:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Op, it is not a bad idea for you to evaluate yourself concerning 1) those things you did with n for her before marriage 2) the things you're are doing with n for her now 3) you will most likely note certain changes which you will need to explain the reasons...
4) check the Maslow's hierarchy of needs to ascertain if her needs are being met..
the list is not exhaustive, but I feel strongly that she is sending a message that you need to decipher... Best regards

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2014
jemype:

He said he needs advice on an issue and u called d whole world. Not fair oo
my dear wot do u wnt me to do,i dnt knw the advice i can give,so i have to call pple that can give him good advice,b'cos the only advice in my head den is "DIVORCE"which is wrong.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Thread full of unmarried folks using fantasies and bf reasoning to advice married folks....

Nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Sunshinelady(f): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
DukeNija:

Bros abeg no vex o, is it your wife who doubles as life partner and mother of your children you are referring to with such disdain?
You seem to be a very angry person who feels he's doing a woman a favor by marrying her. I am not married, but I felt the urge to say I am very disappointed in your choice of words towards your wife. I take care of people who are not even related to me by blood, financially and otherwise and I never feel I'm doing them a favour, how much more my own family.

You sound like you were forced to marry her, like you didn't propose to this woman, didn't buy her an engagement ring and all that, like she was begging to become your wife. I went through your post and I couldn't even find what she did so wrong for you to hate her this much, even up to the point of contemplating divorce.

Using words like "putting her under my roof", "feeding her and our kids" "bitching about everything" is just too disrespectful to your wife and I'm afraid your marital challenges can be traced to your negative attitude towards your her. Please approach your marriage with a better countenance and see your wife as you see yourself by truly loving her and sincerely appreciating her contributions to your home. And yes you need to praise her for cooking, cleaning after you and your child, taking care of you and maintaining the home. Yes, you must praise her. Try telling her how much you appreciate her efforts and cooking, and how delicious her food is and see if she won't be overjoyed and do something special for you.
Women complain a lot, my mom, sisters, gf every woman I know can complain, it just doesn't make them bad people. That's just their way of communicating sometimes.

And pls if you are tired of putting her under your roof, u can send her to me. I have a very large flat with four rooms that can comfortably accommodate her. *Just kidding*
. When u see MEN u ll know, kudos jare.

3 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Pdizzle(m): 3:53pm On Oct 19, 2014
calnon:
Women are unpredictable, even me am having that challenges in my marriage, the woman I use my hard ain resource to train In the higher institution, and later secure job for her in the bank, later she said she is tired of the bank job I secure a distributorship in one company and the bizns is going fine. She hadly respect me, she disrespect me a lot, she talk to me any way she like, despite the fact that I still play my responsabilty as a man, I wonder how she will treat me if I lost my job. Just that I have never beating a woman b4 I for adopt that method to see If she can change, I have use all sort of approach, both dialoge and other approach still no regards am even thinking of stoping that bizns and make her a house wife, maybe that will humble her.

Making her a house wife will be worse.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nwachiizu:

I think this is the main point. Most people marry expecting their partners to remain the same before and after marriage. How can that be possible? If you focus on making it work you'll realize that God has endowed you with all it takes to always make sure things are ok. If however things still look unbearable then you seek the advice of a counselor together with your wife. If things are still uncontrollable after counseling then it means you have married wrongly. In this case divorce is not an option you just have to endure until death do you part. God help us oh

Nigerians and endurance in marriage..... Life z just 1 ....

Never endure in marriage ...

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Anglovel: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she is a moaner

Two wrongs dont make a right,peace is priceless,seek peace dilligently & communicate wif her often,all will b well.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
Typical of Nigerian Husbands, they never see the struggle their partners go through with them and when it becomes too much to bear they begin to see their trouble.

#In 2pac's Voice; They don't see my struggle they only my trouble.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
DukeNija:

Bros abeg no vex o, is it your wife who doubles as life partner and mother of your children you are referring to with such disdain?
You seem to be a very angry person who feels he's doing a woman a favor by marrying her. I am not married, but I felt the urge to say I am very disappointed in your choice of words towards your wife. I take care of people who are not even related to me by blood, financially and otherwise and I never feel I'm doing them a favour, how much more my own family.

You sound like you were forced to marry her, like you didn't propose to this woman, didn't buy her an engagement ring and all that, like she was begging to become your wife. I went through your post and I couldn't even find what she did so wrong for you to hate her this much, even up to the point of contemplating divorce.

Using words like "putting her under my roof", "feeding her and our kids" "bitching about everything" is just too disrespectful to your wife and I'm afraid your marital challenges can be traced to your negative attitude towards your her. Please approach your marriage with a better countenance and see your wife as you see yourself by truly loving her and sincerely appreciating her contributions to your home. And yes you need to praise her for cooking, cleaning after you and your child, taking care of you and maintaining the home. Yes, you must praise her. Try telling her how much you appreciate her efforts and cooking, and how delicious her food is and see if she won't be overjoyed and do something special for you.
Women complain a lot, my mom, sisters, gf every woman I know can complain, it just doesn't make them bad people. That's just their way of communicating sometimes.

And pls if you are tired of putting her under your roof, u can send her to me. I have a very large flat with four rooms that can comfortably accommodate her. *Just kidding*
u too like second hand stuff. *wink*
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nwachiizu(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2014
sexyexcalibur:

Nigerians and endurance in marriage..... Life z just 1 ....

Never endure in marriage ...

If you choose to divorce your partner you're not permitted to marry another again except you return to your former partner. If you can cope with that . Then divorce permitted.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. When u see MEN u ll know, kudos jare.
u like him abi tell me don't let them hear..*lower ur voice*
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2014
Nwachiizu:

If you choose to divorce your partner you're not permitted to marry another again except you return to your former partner. If you can cope with that . Then divorce permitted.

Where was that stated ..... What if your wife kills your whole family members and probably attempted to kill you, you won't divorce or you won't remarry again....

Or your wife gets pregnant 4 anoda....

Make una no d misquote bible a beg. .
No wonder women pray 4 God fearing men.. SMH

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / Married Only: How Often Do You Ask Your Partner For Sex? / Danish Aid Worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén Shares Photos Of Girl Rescued 9 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.