Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. (54232 Views)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) / Who's More Important In A Marriage? The Husband Or The Kids? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by cherryice(f): 9:27pm On Oct 19, 2014
Tashamania:
Frustrated married nairalanders be discouraging others since God knows when lipsrsealed

Honestly

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by YourCoffin: 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2014
OP, if I'm the one in your shoes I would have divorced her since. You're the only one who can determine your happiness. Your kid will have no father if you suddenly die of depression.

And never seek this kind of advice from women. If you do, you will only come out worse than you were. They will not and can never empathize with you because they don't know how to do that. It's only the wife they're seeing and therefore, everything they say will be centered around her, not you.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by DSuperWoman(f): 9:36pm On Oct 19, 2014
slinkky:
You don't want to, but you really sound weird to me. Any basis for such a farfetched opinion.
my dear I sound weird to me too and I really pray I'm wrong. My dear my farfetched opinion was formulated from other peoples experiences I've seen. Thrice for that matter. Ladies who had slept with their fathers always compared their husbands to them no matter what they did. Being unhappy and unsatisfied with your husband is one thing but comparing him to your dad makes me remember the other ladies I know with this problem. But it might not be the case sha
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Sunshinelady:
. I swear dat movie rilly touched me. See eh, God is rilly d foundation of any happy marriage. Anybody dat tinks its beauty, or moni or his or her own smartness, hmm d pesin shuld hav a rethink
hmmm well said my dear sister,God bles u

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by bonesofdavid: 9:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
liyuboy:
Hello Peep, i need ur advise,, i am married to a woman i tot was of a certain characteristics upon marriage and two years down the line my only source of happiness are the two children (Boy and Girl) we have.

Despite all I do (as bread winner) to please her she is not appreciative, she disrespect me, she doesn't cook for me, she complains too much, she compares me to her father daily even though i have told her her mother has a better character than her that is why her father would do anything to please her.

I am always unhappy becos of her character, i am thinking of seeking divorce.

What do u guys think?

Bros I am goin thru the same thing I met my wife in 1993 and we officially married in 2005 I wish I nver met her,she is such a bully may be cos she earns more than me

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2014
[quote author=Dipville post=27283476]

You must b very small agewise

Modern marriage....wtf is that!

Can't complain my wyf nt cukin4me

If u not so young like I expect,trust me...something is wrong som wia....[/quot

If you want to know, I am over 50 years with more than ten years experience as a husband and father. And I have a fantastic marriage; we've never called anybody to resolve anything for us. There are no secrets in our marriage and no side dish. By Nigerian standard, I'm doing well. I cook the meals if I come back first or if my wife is occupied or tired. We are all happy as a family because there's mutual respect. Nobody is made to feel inferior or like a maid. I don't want society and men like you to define marriage for me. It is a union and not an association. Thank you.

11 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by marianazme(f): 9:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she doesn't appreciate you
•she is a moaner
•she compares you to her father all the time.

divorce isn't even needed now. man up & give her father a call. break it down to him how he has failed as a father to bring up her daughter the proper way.

tell him how disappointed you are to have been scammed to marry a damaged good(his daughter). tell him you are few inches away from driving a dagger into his daughter's heart & if care is not taken, he would be burying his daughter instead of celebrating christmas....

trust me, things would change......

and some peoples liked this ****? jeez. I can bet this guy isn't married.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 19, 2014
@op. are we there when you first fall in love with her? NO, are we there when you married her? NO, are we there when this problem started? NO. and so therefore we are not going to be there when you divorce or solve your problem. all i am trying to say is that try to seek GOD not nairaland for advice. we NL might lead you to make the worse mistake in your life time.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by vitality22(m): 10:14pm On Oct 19, 2014
Stories about marriage these days is so scary that one gets afraid of marrying. Na waoooooo angry

4 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by slinkky(m): 10:17pm On Oct 19, 2014
DSuperWoman:
my dear I sound weird to me too and I really pray I'm wrong. My dear my farfetched opinion was formulated from other peoples experiences I've seen. Thrice for that matter. Ladies who had slept with their fathers always compared their husbands to them no matter what they did. Being unhappy and unsatisfied with your husband is one thing but comparing him to your dad makes me remember the other ladies I know with this problem. But it might not be the case sha
Hmmmmm you have a valid reason for your assumptions. I hope for the OP sake your assumptions for his troubled marriage is wrong. But like you said earlier they need God's intervention no matter what the cause of their marital problems may be.
By the way stories like the op's make me scared of marriage. God help us all. Op i pray you and your wife find peace and love in your home.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by soledadd: 10:20pm On Oct 19, 2014
@ scyllapatron

i just checked you out. You are just a joker at your age. Anyway wisdom does not have anything to do with age, i pardon you. What is even your advice on this issue? May be that of a drunkared when there is free beer before him. I pity your wife
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by cupidora(f): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2014
Watch "Fireproof",its an insightful movie about how to keep a marriage/make a marriage work.

4 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by chinnygold: 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Some men Self. @ op are u sure u know what marriage is? I'm sure when u guys were dating u cook nd help wash her cloth when she visit, why can't u continue dat way.

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by aspirebig: 10:56pm On Oct 19, 2014
Well, it all depends on the two people involved. Op wears the shoe and know where it pained him. I will not advocate for divorce, though it is tempting to sometimes.

My only pain is that most married people make you feel that marriage is hell. All na lie. Marriage is good, more peaceful manageable and respected than being single.

In fact, get marry as early as you find your feet on ground, financially , emotionally and spiritually to build a home.
Op, do not divorce your wife ooo.How old are both of you? Is she working, please check the type of friends she keeps, talk to her, let her see reason why she should join you to build a good home.Not just for the sake of the children but for the sake both of you and note that marriage should be enjoyed and not endured.

I have read some funny post here. If you are NOT married, you wont understand how it is like, some character you see people call husband or wife are not what you think they are.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Henrypraise: 10:59pm On Oct 19, 2014
liyuboy:
Hello Peep, i need ur advise,, i am married to a woman i tot was of a certain characteristics upon marriage and two years down the line my only source of happiness are the two children (Boy and Girl) we have.

Despite all I do (as bread winner) to please her she is not appreciative, she disrespect me, she doesn't cook for me, she complains too much, she compares me to her father daily even though i have told her her mother has a better character than her that is why her father would do anything to please her.

I am always unhappy becos of her character, i am thinking of seeking divorce.

What do u guys think?

I won't advise u to consult anybody or ask her questions of how u have wronged her, all I will tell u is do not divorce her.

Howeva, I can tell u wat u av done wrong: U av sold ur happiness by tryin to please ur wife, my friend stop pleasin ur wife n please ursef, in everytin u do, pls ursef even in s3x (don't take any enhancer to do more dan is required), ensure u pls ursef, go out wen u like n cum in wen u like, drop money if u can n don't drop if u knw u av need 4 it. Just ensure dat in pleasin ursef, u ar bin responsible, I bet u, she will call u her king.

Women don't need to be pleased, a woman is pleased wen her king is pleased.

3 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 19, 2014
soledadd:
@ scyllapatron

i just checked you out. You are just a joker at your age. Anyway wisdom does not have anything to do with age, i pardon you. What is even your advice on this issue? May be that of a drunkared when there is free beer before him. I pity your wife
fish-brain like you talking about wisdom, answer my question na, , you are here ranting like ashewo wey no get client for night.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by marriedvirgin: 12:05am On Oct 20, 2014
Guardianangel:
I've always entered this forum as a guest to but today, my spirit has been vexed through this topic to join nairaland.
Firstly at Op, do you think we woman do not bear all the abuses you take us through in marriage? For the sake of your post I'll narrate my predicament of an over 6 years marriage with 3 children. My hubby is over ten yrs older than me. I've gone thru and still going thru one of the worst relationship a woman can have with a man. He never says sorry for errors on his part, never says thank you for efforts I put in the marriage be it financially or physically, has never bought me a birthday , anniversary or even one cloth, I buy all by myself. Not that I'm bothered with material things but just a show of care will do as I know he's not so rich but just struggling.
now the big issue is that I'm going thru emotional abuse. I love sex like crazy but he's decided to pocket his "machine" . I always like him to clean up every night before bedtime but he's the type that hardly showers 2wice or even more. Sometimes I do endure the sweaty body scent during the act just for the sake of peace if not, na war. I try to turn my nose away though...what does a woman do when her man thinks he doesnt needb to be appealing towards her? .....that has resulted in great act of masturbation for me in fact, I'm considering a sweeter option... intimacy gadgets! And oh yes, I'd really still very attractive and still get advances from both single and ready men but I made a vow and do wanna keep it.
This is a man that I've spoken to several times, tried to make happy, told what pleases me but yet remains adamant to my cries....
If not because of this post, I'll never have voiced out so, you men should be careful how you behave in marriage. Simply because a woman cherishes her children and desires a happy role model of a home does not mean we cannot do the unimaginable.
@op, pls go back to your wife, thank her for her patience thus far, re strategies new methods for a happy her. Begin to do the little things she likes which you never did, do some TLC, listen to Luther Vandrose's."Buy me a rose". Most of all, be a man and not a weakling cos every woman is only attracted to a man who can at least partially fulfill her fantasy.
good luck!

you try well well.
where the strength comot from

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by holysaint1(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2014
Bunsky:
Bun,does it sound funny?

i neva anticipated it to be funny.. **just some of my crazy tots sad** .. like aw mch "BUNS" can u be willin 2 sell if d need arises... grin (like assets and shiii grin grin)

NB: No offence intended oooo.. and if u still dont gerrit, its totally understandable.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Cedari: 1:16am On Oct 20, 2014
coogar:

•she doesn't respect you
•she doesn't appreciate you
•she is a moaner
•she compares you to her father all the time.

divorce isn't even needed now. man up & give her father a call. break it down to him how he has failed as a father to bring up her daughter the proper way.

tell him how disappointed you are to have been scammed to marry a damaged good(his daughter). tell him you are few inches away from driving a dagger into his daughter's heart & if care is not taken, he would be burying his daughter instead of celebrating christmas....

trust me, things would change......

Chai ! Dere iz Godu oooooooo.

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by mumubynature(m): 1:50am On Oct 20, 2014
Rosarie:
u can nva ve it perfect.ve u evr hit yr wife.why is she nt working yet 2 share her salary to her pple
Now this is the language we call PAYAN
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Alubosa: 3:17am On Oct 20, 2014
Viciyus:
@op. are we there when you first fall in love with her? NO, are we there when you married her? NO, are we there when this problem started? NO. and so therefore we are not going to be there when you divorce or solve your problem. all i am trying to say is that try to seek GOD not nairaland for advice. we NL might lead you to make the worse mistake in your life time.

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by soledadd: 5:41am On Oct 20, 2014
@Scyllapatron

If you think you are an elder with some experience you have to show it. Following your posts i saw irresponsibility even at you age. Its your kind of person that goes around pedling egocentrism all in the name of helping people sort their matital problems. At the end you lead them to destruction. I have said and still maintain that you are drunkard. Because your posts sujest it. Gone are days when women are so cheap for you to manipulate. Fool. Read other peoples post on this thread and and learn from men who know how to manage their family.

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by timilinda(f): 6:19am On Oct 20, 2014
DukeNija:

Bros abeg no vex o, is it your wife who doubles as life partner and mother of your children you are referring to with such disdain?
You seem to be a very angry person who feels he's doing a woman a favor by marrying her. I am not married, but I felt the urge to say I am very disappointed in your choice of words towards your wife. I take care of people who are not even related to me by blood, financially and otherwise and I never feel I'm doing them a favour, how much more my own family.

You sound like you were forced to marry her, like you didn't propose to this woman, didn't buy her an engagement ring and all that, like she was begging to become your wife. I went through your post and I couldn't even find what she did so wrong for you to hate her this much, even up to the point of contemplating divorce.

Using words like "putting her under my roof", "feeding her and our kids" "bitching about everything" is just too disrespectful to your wife and I'm afraid your marital challenges can be traced to your negative attitude towards your her. Please approach your marriage with a better countenance and see your wife as you see yourself by truly loving her and sincerely appreciating her contributions to your home. And yes you need to praise her for cooking, cleaning after you and your child, taking care of you and maintaining the home. Yes, you must praise her. Try telling her how much you appreciate her efforts and cooking, and how delicious her food is and see if she won't be overjoyed and do something special for you.
Women complain a lot, my mom, sisters, gf every woman I know can complain, it just doesn't make them bad people. That's just their way of communicating sometimes.

And pls if you are tired of putting her under your roof, u can send her to me. I have a very large flat with four rooms that can comfortably accommodate her. *Just kidding*

Nice!!!

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 20, 2014
voodoo85:

U r saying that she doesnt do anything , jst staying at home. Let me ask u those questions:
R u fed?
Is the house clean?
Is child fed, dressed etc?
R your clothes cleaned?
So other women that work don't do all these right? Or what are you really trying to say
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 20, 2014
soledadd:
@Scyllapatron

If you think you are an elder with some experience you have to show it. Following your posts i saw irresponsibility even at you age. Its your kind of person that goes around pedling egocentrism all in the name of helping people sort their matital problems. At the end you lead them to destruction. I have said and still maintain that you are drunkard. Because your posts sujest it. Gone are days when women are so cheap for you to manipulate. Fool. Read other peoples post on this thread and and learn from men who know how to manage their family.

answer my question, this ashewo fish-brain. tongue stop displaying your imbecility and lack of home training. answer a simple question..
if it was your brother that has marital issues and complained to you about his wife, would you tell him to go and look into his life and see whether he has problem? answer this question or stop quoting me, fish-brain. tongue tongue

6 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 20, 2014
Homguy:
that was a sad story, sorry for the loss. I hope you did learn from it. If I may ask, is that the root of your signature?
My brother it really hurts; how we lost one of the heroes in my family just like that!

And sure, I did learnt some great lessons:

1. Never marry a girl from a poor/struggling family background if u are financially buoyant as a guy- most of such ladies marry for money/material reasons, not for companionship, so let them marry their kind and work hard with him to become buoyant instead of using marriage as a short-cut to becoming rich.

2. Never marry a girl u just met in the city and know nothing about her entire family background- some people have scary family issues that may harm u if u marry them, so find out who her family is b4 saying marry me.

3. Never marry a girl your parents objected to- my family welcomed the girl, but my parents advised my brother to wait n allow d girl mature first, unfortunately, they rushed it while she was below 25 and know nothing about keeping marriage.

4. Never marry a girl below 25years- many ladies would tell u maturity isn't by age, pls don't listen to them cos only few lucky girls below 25yrs behave well in marriage cos youthful exuberances are still predominant in their day-to-day life decisions/attitude.

5. Don't marry any girl out of pity!

6. Always listen to your inner voice first and obey it before obeying or taking any advice from anyone cos its u and only u that would face d consequences.

7. In as much as divorce is bad (God pls don't let me end up in a divorce in future), don't let the fear of what your children would go through if u divorce make u remain with an unworthy spouse cos if u die, those your children will continue to live happily like u never existed!

8. Have it in mind that marriage counsellors, pastors and external advisors cannot solve every marriage issues, sometimes, the only solution is separation/DIVORCE, even though its a hard decision.

9. Don't be deceived by a girl's lovey-dovey and excellent character before marriage. Don't let her presumed wonderful character during dating/courtship lure u into marrying her, instead, seek honestly for God's direction before u marry any lady cos many ladies pretend b4 marriage to secure the ring or have some sleeping evil spirits that usually wake up after u marry them, so go to God first for revelation b4 u marry any lady!

10. Don't ever make the mistake of pampering your wife; if she's fire, give her plenty firewood to burn along...if she's flame, pour fuel and possibly some methane to assist her blaze more and never pour water in the hope of making her cool when she's hot!

If she's lovely, shower her with love and pamper her like a queen.

If u can't pray very well, try fleece; I heard it works like magic.

@homguy, yeah...somehow...things I see, read and hear contributed. Thanks

@freshdude2, you made very valid points that e-marriage-counselling champions won't understand until they wear the shoe.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by EyeKandy(f): 7:13am On Oct 20, 2014
ShoryuKen:
People in the ancient past married for position (royals to royals, etc.), and people in the recent past married for romance (romanticized by literature); but, with the advanced personality developments these days (overboard feminism, ideologies, séxual liberation, etc.), people should marry for philosophy – i.e. not to impress ones family, friends, or boost social status – do it from YOUR own convictions/the personality fit of a potential partner.

Philosophically, we should marry to be HAPPY; if you're not, it's advisable to quit it. Don't stay for any dogmatic reasons like family's impression, others gossip, or the popular one: "for the kids" – they'll probably be worse off psychologically in the long run, being around a loveless people, who are in a union that's been romanticized to project love.

Think deep about it, about YOUR future, then act – for personal reasons, and not dogmatic ones like religion, or societal opinions.

...bon voyage! smiley

Haven't been on this site in forever....Had to log in to LOVE this. Nicely written.
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by DSuperWoman(f): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
slinkky:
Hmmmmm you have a valid reason for your assumptions. I hope for the OP sake your assumptions for his troubled marriage is wrong. But like you said earlier they need God's intervention no matter what the cause of their marital problems may be.
By the way stories like the op's make me scared of marriage. God help us all. Op i pray you and your wife find peace and love in your home.
you're not the only one who is scared. I share the same fears and coming from a broken home hasn't helped either. When my parents got divorced I didn't take it to mean anything but now getting closer to that age where it is expected of me to settle, I now see the effect of what their divorce has done to me. Maybe I need spiritual intervention too and some additional psycological help lolzzzzzzzz
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by onyekap: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
What you are going through is not unusua, find a way around to get a solution for your self..... Good u have aired your view which is worth it, but solution revolves within u...reason being that no other man or person can come and sleep with your wife for you, make love to her for you or treat her as a husband for you.. My experience is it is difficult to communicate with a wife, to find out an exact issue from a Nigerian wife you have to keep it on the fire and watch it get done, not always easy.. My advice is find time and means to always get to her heart to know exactly...... Reslve it reasonable and objectively with her, always let superior opinion upholds.. However your woman will want you to protect her in your arguements with her when you win her and want to always use it on you when she wins you... Don't let it border you, her conscience is always guiding her. They know the truth... Be the manager of her, mange her and don't let her be your manager.... Luck bro!

1 Like

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by soledadd: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
@Skyllapatron

You are not worth my answer. Drunkardspatron! Even your name is sugestive
Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by MrsAnyanwu(f): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2014
cupidora:
Watch "Fireproof",its an insightful movie about how to keep a marriage/make a marriage work.
dat was d same tin i told OP my dear sister

2 Likes

Re: TWO Years In Marriage!!! The Feeling, The Realization And Surprise. by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 20, 2014
.............so what happened to "I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you, then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more" ?

Na so marriage suppose naa..........or so I think

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn't Blv I Lost My Virginity To Him.it's Hurtful / Married Only: How Often Do You Ask Your Partner For Sex? / Danish Aid Worker, Anja Ringgren Lovén Shares Photos Of Girl Rescued 9 Years Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.