Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,243 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697695 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:23pm On Dec 03, 2015
Lets all sign a petition to CAF and FIFA so they can allow us to play only one half lol. The Cardiac Eagles, I fear o no be small shomething.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2015
Icon4s:

No matter how u look at it, u should nt always expect easy rides in competitions. After all there have been several competitions dat we secured qualification after d 2nd game. Whether u like it or nt u will most times need some1 to draw or lose or beat some1 for u to qualify.

This one is 100% in our hands. It is nt like when even if we win we still need some1 to win some1 else where for us.

We will qualify.

I still believe we shall qualify but this ride is being made much more harder than it should be. Mental strength isn't this team's strongest asset.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:59pm On Dec 03, 2015
mikron:
our defence lacks coordination, always conceding goals in the 2nd half. not too good

Am so angry even up to this moment.

In short, am short of words.

*Put hands on Calculator*
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia rips Dream Team
by Andrew Randa
[/size]

Samson Siasia

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has warned his wards that another lethargic display from his side will only spell doom for his side after the team drew 2-2 with Egypt in a Group B game at the Caf Africa Under-23 Cup of Nations.

The Dream Team led Mali 3-0 at half time in the first group game but nearly lost that as Mali clawed their way back scoring two goals in the second half and were unlucky not to get an equalizer.

The same scenario played out on Wednesday as Egypt, down 2-0 by half-time, fought back to get a draw and dominated the second half.

Siasia attributed his team’s performance to fatigue but warned that such displays cannot happen again if his team is to progress to the semi-finals
“We did not play in the second half and we cannot continue like this, if we want to go to the Olympics”he told cafonline.com
“We have to be careful. We tend to lose concentration in the second half and I have to fix it. It was the case in the first game against Mali and the same thing happened against Egypt.

“It is no longer funny. It will be a tough battle against Algeria, and we have to be careful about the North African sides, they attack left and right.

Nigeria play Algeria in the final group game and must avoid defeat to qualify for the semi-finals of the competition.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151203/Siasia_rips_Dream_Team
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:24pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria ready for Algeria says Okechukwu
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Azubuike Okechukwu

Dream Team VI midfielder, Azubuike Okechukwu claims players of the Nigeria side are calm ahead of Saturday’s decisive Olympic qualifying game against Algeria.

Nigeria surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Egypt in their second game at the ongoing 2015 Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal.

A loss for the Nigeria Under-23 side to Algeria on Saturday could see them get eliminated from the race to Rio 2016 but Azubuike insists they are not worried about facing the impressive Algerians who currently sit top of Group B.

“We know the Algerians. We are not afraid of them.
“We respect them but we are not afraid of them.

“We will play our game, try to win and I am sure we will come out with a good result,” Okechukwu told gathered media on Wednesday.

Algeria look to be in fine fettle so far in the tournament.
The North Africans drew their opening game with Egypt 1-1 before beating Mali 2-0 in their second game of the competition.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151203/Nigeria_ready_for_Algeria_says_Okechukwu
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:28pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Nations Cup: We’ve good chance to qualify, says Egypt coach
[/size]

Siasia (right) dishes out instructions to three of his boys during the match

By Taiwo Adelu
Coach of Egyptian Young Pharaohs, Hossam Al Badri, has boasted that his team have good chances of qualifying ahead of Nigeria for the next stage of the ongoing U-23 Africa Cup of Nations Senegal 2015.

Egypt came from two goals down to hold Nigeria to a 2-2 draw in their second group B clash on Wednesday at the Caroline Faye Stadium, M’Bour.

Midfielder Etebo Peter Oghenekaro converted two penalties to give Nigeria a 2-0 lead at half time, but the Pharaohs responded strongly in the second half and levelled up the scores through Ramadan Sobhi Ahmed and substitute Mamdouh El Sayed.

The result leaves Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt in contention for the group’s two tickets for the next round. Algeria and Nigeria share top spot with four points apiece, Egypt have two points and Mali have no point.

Egypt coach is confident of getting three points against Mali, leaving Nigeria with the option of beating Algeria to qualify.

Coach Al Badri confessed that the match against Nigeria was so difficult for them but commended the strong spirit of his boys.

He said all hope is not lost as they look forward to playing the whipping boys of the group, Mali, who he is sure of defeating.

“It was a difficult game for us. We were down by two goals from penalties, and we had to come back stronger. It was very complicated for the players but they responded in the second half.

We dominated in the second half and we deservingly equalized,” Cafonline quoted Al Badri to have said after the match.

He, however, told his boys that “we have to win against Mali to boost our chances. We still have a chance.”

Nigeria coach, Samson Siasia felt bitter that his Dream Team VI may shatter the dream of Nigeria playing in the football event of the Rio 2016 Games.

“We did not play in the second half and we cannot continue like this, if we want to go to the Olympics. We have to be careful. We tend to lose concentration in the second half and have to fix it.

“It was the case in the first game against Mali and the same thing happened against Egypt. It is no longer funny. It will be a tough battle against Algeria, and we have to be careful about the North African sides, they attack left and right,” Siasia lamented.

www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/03/u-23-nations-cup-weve-good-chance-to-qualify-says-egypt-coach/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:33pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Nations Cup: Dream Team’s defence worries Akpoborie, Lawal
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/siasia-im-busy-monitoring-my-players/[/img]
Samson Siasia

By Taiwo Adelu
The way Nigeria’s U-23 Dream Team VI conceded goals after taking the lead in their last two matches of ongoing U-23 Africa Cup of Nations Senegal 2015 has become a source of great worry to two former Nigerian internationals, Jonathan Akpoborie and Garba Lawal.

Samson Siasia and his team put Nigeria in a tight corner to qualify for the next stage of the championship Wednesday night after giving Egypt opportunity to equalise when they have been leading by two goals before the half time.

The same thing happened in their first match of the tournament when they allowed Mali to close the three goals margin from 3-0 in the first half to 3-2 at the end of the encounter played on Sunday.

“This is becoming too much for a team we thought could defend those goals scored in the first half,” said Jonathan Akpoborie, who faulted the defensive errors of Siasia’s boys as being responsible for the equaliser of the Young Pharaohs in the match played in M’Bour, Senegal, Wednesday night at the Caroline Faye Stadium.

“I think they had all tactics correct, but after the two goals from the penalties, they just went to sleep and relaxed. The two goals of the Egyptians were from the defensive errors from both flanks.

“I hope we won’t be depending on Mali to help us hold Egypt in the last match to guarantee our qualification now,” he said.

Former Super Eagles player, Garba Lawal said the Dream Team’s defence was too porous against Egypt.

He questioned the defensive tactics of the team after they knew what befell them in their first match against Mali.

“It’s so sad that we conceded two goals in the first match and it happened again in the second match. This calls for a serious concern.

“This is a championship that by now we are supposed to have booked a ticket to play in the next stage, but see where we find ourselves. If Egypt beat Mali, they will have five points, so we must beat Algeria to get seven points, otherwise we will find ourselves in trouble. I only pray we beat Algeria,” said Lawal.

Midfielder Etebo Peter Oghenekaro converted two penalties to give Nigeria a 2-0 lead at half time, but the Pharaohs responded strongly in the second half and neutralized the scores courtesy Ramadan Sobhi Ahmed and substitute Mamdouh El Sayed.

The result leaves Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt in contention for the group’s two tickets for the next round. Algeria and Nigeria share top spot with four points apiece, Egypt have two points and Mali with no point have crashed out of the tournament.

Nigeria were yet again haunted by their dismal second half performance, surrendering a two-goal lead and lucky to escape with a point against a determined Egyptian side, who kept the West Africans in their half for a greater part of the second period.
www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/03/u-23-nations-cup-dream-teams-defence-worries-akpoborie-lawal/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: Egypt To File Complaint Against Referee
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-egypt-coach-blasts-referee-draw-nigeria/[/img]
Egypt have confirmed they will file a complaint against Antoine Essouma from Cameroon, the referee who officiated their Group B match against Nigeria in the U-23 African Cup of Nations.

Essouma penalised the Egyptians twice for handball in the 18-yard box which Oghenekaro Etebo converted to give Nigeria U-23s a 2-0 first half lead, and which didn't go down well with the Egyptians.

But the U-23 Eagles let slip their two goals lead as Egypt equalised early in the second half.

According to kingfut.com, Egyptian FA board member Hamada Al Masry said that they will complain against the Cameroonian referee due to his “wrong decisions” during the encounter.

Meanwhile, Egypt who are third in group B, will take on Mali on Saturday and must win to stand a chance of qualifying for the semi-final of the U-23 Cup of Nations.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-egypt-file-complaint-referee/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Babangida: U-23 Eagles Must Step Up Against Algeria
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu:
Former Super Eagles winger, Tijani Babangida insists, the U-23 Eagles must improve on their performance if they are to make it to the last four at the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal and possibly secure a place in the football event of the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.

The U-23 Eagles have struggled to impress at the competition and now face a tough task in their bid to make it to the next stage after surrendering a 2-0 lead against Egypt in their second group game on Wednesday.

"Two games, five goals and four points is not really bad, but the team really needs to improve,"Babangida told Comples tesportsnigeria.com.

"Now they face the Algerians who are one of the best teams in the competition. It's going to be a tough battle, but I won't rule out the Eagles from beating them.

"But it is important that the coaches correct all the deficiencies in the team, if not it is going to be difficult to beat the Algerians.

"The Nigerian boys were lucky against Mali and Egypt, but things might be different in the last game."
www.completesportsnigeria.com/babangida-u-23-eagles-step-algeria/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles Land In Dakar For Algeria Test
[/size]

By Adeboye Amosu:
The U-23 Eagles have arrived in Dakar ahead of Saturday's crucial Group B clash against Algeria at the Africa U-23 Nations Cup in Senegal, reports Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

Samson Siasia's charges Comple tesportsnigeria.com can also report will have their first training session at the Leopold Senghor Stadium at 5:30 pm (6:30pm Nigerian time), Thursday evening.

The Eagles who sit in second place on the log must beat the Algerians to be certain of making it to the last four of the competition.

The match will kick off at 6pm Nigerian time, same time Egypt will take on already eliminated Mali.

They drew 2-2 with Egypt in their second group game on Wednesday at the Stade Caroline Stadium, Mbour and recorded a 3-2 win against Mali in their opening fixture of the competition.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-eagles-land-dakar-algeria-test/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by enomakos(m): 5:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
Someone shall pls tell sia1 to stop using abia warrior player ndifreke effiong as a left back

though he is an utilty player,he is better in the midfield

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City's Sergio Aguero is the perfect strike partner says wonderkid Kelechi Iheanacho[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has already bagged three goals in two starts and eight substitute appearances this season, his latest coming in the 4-1 cruise against Hull in the League Cup this week.

But so far he has only clocked up seven minutes on the field at the same time as Sergio Aguero.

He may be helped by the fact that manager Manuel Pellegrini sees him as a second striker – so he is in competition for a place with David Silva and Kevin de Bruyne rather than Aguero himself.

Kelechi himself feels he CAN lead the line alone, something Pellegrini has been reluctant to do.

“I play as a number ten, as a striker on my own or as a striker with another striker,” said the 19-year-old Nigerian.

“If I am the lone striker, I can play, but can also do the other two positions well.

“You need to be a good player to play with Sergio in the team, so I am working hard to show I can play with him in the team.

“When you play with superstars, it makes the game easier for you. They always make the right decision, and they know when you will run and when you will stop.”

Kelechi is already on a steep learning curve – he was called into the Nigeria squad for the first time last month, and made his full international debut as a substitute against Swaziland.

And he was elevated to the City first team squad this summer, although his chances have been limited.

That has not stopped him making, exciting the supporters and being labelled as a standard-bearer for the young hopefuls in the Blues academy.

He is happy with that tag, and keen to share the secret of how to make that tough breakthrough from Patrick Vieira's elite development squad.

And part of his advice is to not take it too personally when you get a rollicking!

“You need to keep working hard in training, listening to the older players, listening to the coaches – and then use your strength as a younger player. If you do that, you will get there,” he said.

“When they shout at you, you can be afraid, but you need to take it out of your head, keep working hard and pushing yourself in every game, every training session.

“City are a big team and I am just coming up as a young player, so I am not worried.

“One day I will start playing regularly for the team. There are plenty of good players in the EDS, and I feel like I am flying the flag for them – they can all do what I am doing.

“I get the feeling the fans love me, and I love them as well!”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/kelechi-iheanacho-sergio-aguero-partnership-10542955[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

Am so angry even up to this moment.

In short, am short of words.

*Put hands on Calculator*
we just have to beat Algeria (which i know is possible) to qualify for the semis and avoid these unnecessary loss of concentration when we re leading. egypt will find it very difficult to beat mali.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 8:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Sergio Aguero pushing Kelechi Iheanacho to greatness[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has been marked out for greatness … by no other than Kun Aguero!

The 19-year-old striker bagged his third goal of a breakthrough season to help Manchester City on their way to a 4-1 win over Hull in the League Cup quarter-finals.

And then he revealed that he is being egged on by the legendary Blues striker every day in training – and by Wilfried Bony.

Now he is dreaming of scoring the winner at Wembley to cap a dream season, with the Blues just a two-legged semi-final away from a date beneath the Arch on February 28.

Afterwards he paid tribute to the way the senior strikers have welcomed him into the first team fold – and told him that he could hit the very top.

“They talk to me ever day in training, giving me advice and encouraging me to keep going and doing well,” he said. “They tell me I will be a great player one day, so I will keep listening and working hard.

“The manager also gives me great advice, telling me to play simple and score goals.

“It’s always a pleasure to score a goal, and it was a good goal, a good reaction to run to the front post.

“I anticipate every time someone is crossing the ball – I knew where Raheem would put it so I made the run.”

Many City fans are frustrated at the lack of first-team chances Kelechi seems to be getting, but he accepts the fact he is still on a learning curve.

“City are a big team and I am just coming up as a young player, so I am not worried,” he said.

“One day I will start playing regularly for the team. There are plenty of good players in the EDS, and I feel like I am flying the flag for them – they can all do what I am doing.

“I get the feeling the fans love me, and I love them as well!”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-sergio-aguero-pushing-10534451[/b]
they dont have any choice but to love u KC. our super eagles no 10 in the making. naija is great

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2015

I see, you have picked your calculator already.

Which Maths are you solving, is it permutation or probability of Nigeria's U-23 qualification for 2016 Olympics

mikron:
we just have to beat Algeria (which i know is possible) to qualify for the semis and avoid these unnecessary loss of concentration when we re leading. egypt will find it very difficult to beat mali.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 9:17pm On Dec 03, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

Which Maths are you solving, is it permutation or probability of Nigeria's U-23 qualification for 2016 Olympics

a matter of fact bro, no permutations at all cos our qualification lies in our hands, go out there, beat Algeria and we re through, no rocket science, no permutations, no maths solving, its what is going to happen come Saturday. watch out

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: U-23 Eagles Can Make To Rio Olympics
[/size]

Former Nigeria international Nwankwo Kanu has expressed confidence that the U-23 Eagles will qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympics.

The coach Samson Siasia-led team surrendered a two-goal lead against Egypt in Wednesday's group B clash at the U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal.

Reacting to the draw against Egypt, the Atlanta 1996 gold medallist urged the players to work hard to get the Olympic ticket.

"After 2-2 with Egypt are we going to be in Brazil? I think we can make it, it's all about belief. Work hard and get the ticket.
Come on boys!" Kanu wrote on his Twitter handle on Thursday.

The U-23 Eagles will take on Algeria in Dakar on Saturday, and must get a favourable result to stand a chance of qualifying for the Olympics.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-u-23-eagles-rio-olympics/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

im always positive about our national team chances in major competitions like this, i dont know why, could it be over confidence on my part or patriotism? all i know is that we will come tops in our group. quote me later cheesy

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:19pm On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 Eagles’ Amuzie Returns To Training After Five-Month Layoff
[/size]

By Johnny Edward:
Nigeria U-23s defender Stanley Amuzie has resumed light training five months after he suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury, his agent Ayodele Makinwa has told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

Amuzie copped the injury during an Africa U-23 Cup of Nations qualifying game against Congo in Pointe Noire and‎ is expected to continue with his recovery which will be determined by the officials of his Portuguese club Olhanense.

“He has started training, running with the ball and working in the gym,” former Nigeria striker Makinwa told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“He will be back playing soon.”
It is however unclear how soon Amuzie will be back playing but ‎despite the setback the player hopes to return to the pitch as soon as possible.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-eagles-amuzie-returns-training-five-month-layoff/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2015

Yea I don't doubt that, I just wanted to relieve myself you knoe from the pains of their last match, through that 'jest'

mikron:
a matter of fact bro, no permutations at all cos our qualification lies in our hands, go out there, beat Algeria and we re through, no rocket science, no permutations, no maths solving, that is what ll happen come Saturday. watch out
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 9:37pm On Dec 03, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON Group Tables: Senegal Through, Nigeria In Danger
[/size]

Group A is almost settled with hosts Senegal through and Tunisia battling South Africa for the second semi-final ticket from the group.

However, Group B is more complicated. Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt could finish on five points each, leaving results among the three in a mini-group to determine who goes through.

Any winner between Nigeria and Algeria in their clash in Dakar will go through. Both of them will go through regardless of the result if Egypt fail to beat already eliminated Mali.

However, if Egypt beat Mali, a draw between Nigeria and Algeria would leave three teams tied on five points and their results against Mali would be removed from the equation.

GROUP A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Senegal 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 S/Africa 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 3
3 Tunisia 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Zambia 2 0 0 2 3 5 −2 0

GROUP B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Algeria 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
2 Nigeria 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
3 Egypt 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Mali 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-group-tables-senegal-through-nigeria-danger/
[/b]

Oya every body pick up your calculating machine jungle don don.
no need picking any calculator here, and no need to fret about our qualification chances, we played 2 matches already, won 1, drew 1, 4 points with a match to go, whats the sweat and permutations all about? egypt should be doing the permutations not the mighty dream team with one leg already at the semis, and for the records i don't see Egypt beating a wounded malian side come Saturday, Mali, though out will want to prove a point by at least registering a point if not the 3 points against a desperate egyptian side that will want to throw everything to the winds to come out with the intention of beating Mali to at least hope for qualification to the semis, that will be their undoing as Mali though wounded and humiliated so far will capitalize on that to do damage against the junior pharaohs.
if the 2 Algerian matches i ve watched in this tourney so far is anything to go by then i don't see them beating us, they struggled against the Malians, playing against us will be a different ball game, i see us coming out with the 3 maximum points, that is a word of fact. no cause for alarm, naija will go through as group leaders come Saturday. @BlackAlbino6 no need for calculators and permutations. our destiny in in our hands, beat the junior desert foxes and we re up and dry. the land is green

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 9:57pm On Dec 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Manchester City Nexen Tire Challenge

Raheem Sterling, Fernando, Kelechi Iheanacho and George Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d3FHT6mahQ
good video

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2015
Icon4s:

No matter how u look at it, u should nt always expect easy rides in competitions. After all there have been several competitions dat we secured qualification after d 2nd game. Whether u like it or nt u will most times need some1 to draw or lose or beat some1 for u to qualify.

This one is 100% in our hands. It is nt like when even if we win we still need some1 to win some1 else where for us.

We will qualify.
simple, whats with the calculators stuff? we beat algeria which we will we go through.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 10:13pm On Dec 03, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

Yea I don't doubt that, I just wanted to relieve myself you knoe from the pains of their last match, through that 'jest'

grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2015
mikron:
simple, whats with the calculators stuff? we beat algeria which we will we go through.

That's only one scenario, what if we draw or even lose? The calculator stays.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 11:49pm On Dec 03, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

That's only one scenario, what if we draw or even lose? The calculator stays.
that is if we draw or lose, but i still maintain we will beat algeria, its a fact smiley

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:02am On Dec 04, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Dream Team calm ahead of Algeria cracker
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Dream Team

Dream Team VI defender, Azubuike Okechukwu claims players of the Nigeria side are calm ahead of Saturday’s decisive Olympic qualifying game against Algeria.

Nigeria surrendered a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Egypt in their second game at the ongoing 2015 U23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal.

A loss for the Nigeria U23 side to Algeria on Saturday could see them get eliminated from the race to Rio 2016 but Azubuike insists they are not worried about facing the impressive Algerians who currently sit top of Group B.

“We know the Algerians. We are not afraid of them."
“We respect them but we are not afraid of them."

“We will play our game, try to win and I am sure we will come out with a good result,” Okechukwu told gathered media on Wednesday.
Algeria look to be in fine fettle so far in the tournament.

The North Africans drew their opening game with Egypt 1-1 before beating Mali 2-0 in their second game of the competition.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151203/Dream_Team_calm_ahead_of_Algeria_cracker
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:05am On Dec 04, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Usman pained by Nigeria's capitulation
by George Akpayen
[/size]

Usman Muhammed

Nigeria under-23 midfielder Usman Muhammed has told supersport.com that he feels frustrated that they have crumbled in two Under-23 Afcon matches.

Nigeria's latest dismal outing at the Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations resulted in surrendering a 0-2 lead to Egypt to share the points following a 2-2 draw in M'Bour, Senegal, on Wednesday night.

The Nigerians nearly blew a three-goal lead in their opening game against Mali, but held on by the skin of their teeth to scrape out a 3-2 win.

The FC Taraba man said he still finds it hard to accept that they drew 2-2 with Egypt in a game he believes they should have won.

Usman said they will need to improve on their opening two matches when they play against the Algerians, who top Group B of the Under-23 Afcon ahead of Nigeria by virtue of goal difference. Both nations are tied on four points.

"I am very disappointed that we didn't win the match (against Egypt). And I am more disappointed because they (Egypt) came from behind to equalise the two goals we scored," Usman told supersport.com.

"The coach is not happy with that performance, and we just need to do better in the match with Algeria."

The 21-year-old is also worried with their seemingly lacklustre performance in the second half of their opening two matches against Mali and Algeria which has led to conceding four goals and dropping two points from winning positions.

But Usman could not point out what might have gone wrong in the second half in the matches against Mali and Algeria though Nigeria head coach Samson Siasia blamed it on fatigue.

"Yes I am worried like every other player in the team," he said. "The coaches too are worried and it is something we need to work on before the next match. I can't say what is wrong but we just need to do better in our next match."

Usman has played all of the 180 minutes for Nigeria in the Under-23 Afcon group games against Mali and Algeria.

He is also available for selection in Nigeria's last group game against Algeria this Saturday.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151203/Usman_pained_by_Nigerias_capitulation
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:19am On Dec 04, 2015
mikron:
that is if we draw or lose, but i still maintain we will beat algeria, its a fact smiley

amen o
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:31am On Dec 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Amaefule points blame at midfield
[/size]

Defender Chizoba Amaefule says that poor marking in midfield has played a part in Nigeria's unconvincing performances at the U23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal.

The Nigerians have picked up four points from their opening two matches, but have conceded four goals in the process.

They now face Group B leaders Algeria on Saturday evening, where a defeat or even a draw could potentialy see them overtaken by Egypt, who are on two points and will face Mali in their final group match.

Amaefule believes there is vast room for improvement in the middle of the park.

"The problem is that we are not marking well in the second half of the games because when you don't mark well they can attack the midfield and the defence will be in problem," the Dolphins of Port Harcourt player told AllNigeriaSoccer.

"The midfielders are not in the game and I just don't understand what is happening. I believe we will beat Algeria and qualify for the semi-finals."
www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14322_104818,00.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:41am On Dec 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Shorunmu: Don’t Worry, Nigeria Will Qualify For Rio Olympics
[/size]
By Sab Osuji:
Former Super Eagles goalkeeper, Ike Shorunmu, has told Comple tesportsnigeria.com that he’s not losing any sleep over the Nigeria U-23 team’s ability to overcome their Algerian counterparts in Saturday’s final group B match in the CAF U-23 Africa Cup of Nations in Senegal.

Shorunmu, who was senior national team goalkeeper trainer after 36 caps for the Super Eagles, declared that despite the 2-2 draw with Egypt in their second group match on Wednesday, the team still has the potential to achieve a positive result against the North African side to book a semi-final ticket.

“Why not, I’ve no doubt in my mind that they will qualify. The worst result they will get against Algeria is draw and of course that will see them through to the next round,” Shorunmu, who played for Basel of Switzerland, Samsunspor and Besiktas both of Turkey, told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“It is true that they are shipping in goals more than comfortable, but of course, this happens sometimes in football.

“The most important thing is that they didn’t lose the games. So, with focus and concentration they will overcome Algeria.”

Shorunmu admitted that the Nigeria and Algeria clash will be tough given the fact both nations have not met before at this level.

“Names no longer count, instead what counts is performance. The approach matters, what the coach tells the players or strategy he adopts also is important.

“Ball possession and players concentration are important but in all I believe Nigeria will get a good result against Algeria,” Shorunmu stressed.
www.completesportsnigeria.com/shorunmu-worry-nigeria-qualify-rio-olympics/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:46am On Dec 05, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Algeria won’t underrate Dream Team
by Sammy Wejinya
[/size]

Pierre-Andre Schurman

Head coach of Algeria’s Under-23 football team, Pierre-André Schurman has declared that underrating Nigeria will be foolhardy ahead of Saturday’s decisive Under-23 Africa Cup of Nations game in Dakar.

Algeria and Nigeria go into the game at Stade Léopold Sédar Senghor, Dakar knowing a win will guarantee qualification for the semifinals as winners of Group B.

Both sides have yet to taste defeat in the competition and have identical records in the competition, save for goals difference, after recording a win and a draw in their first two games of the competition.

Schurman is however adamant that only an approach exemplifying respect for the opposition will see his side overcome the Nigerian challenge.

“We take each match one after the other, and we will not start talking about the semifinals now because we are not there.

“We will prepare for our match against Nigeria by letting our players rest and also allowing our medical staff to do their job.

“We need to know where we are with the physical state of the team.

“I had already said that two days of recovery between matches was very little for these young players. An extra day would have been ideal,” said Swiss, Schurman, who managed FC Sion between 2012 and 2013.

A draw between both sides will certainly see Algeria progress to the semifinals but such an outcome may not be enough for the Dream Team if Egypt beat already eliminated Mali by two clear goals in the other group fixture which will be played at Stade Caroline Faye, M'Bour.
www.supersport.com/football/africa-cup-of-nations-u23/news/151204/Algeria_wont_underrate_Dream_Team
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.