Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697692 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:31am On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Manchester City legend Rodney Marsh wants Manuel Pellegrini to give Kelechi Iheanacho a starting role following the wonderkid’s goal against Hull City.
[/size]

Wilfried Bony—standing in for the injured Sergio Aguero—opened the scoring after finishing off a deflection from a Kevin De Bruyne effort, before Iheanacho added a second on 80 minutes after coming on as a substitute.

Kevin De Bruyne—who impressed on the day—scored twice late on, including a floated free kick, before Andrew Robertson pulled one pack for the Tigers.

The Citizens joined Everton and Stoke City in the hat for the semi-finals.

Nigerian wonderkid Iheanacho made a major impact against Crystal Palace earlier in the season, scoring only a minute after entering the pitch, but he is yet to build on that effort in the Premier League and, to date, has managed only one goal in nine EPL outings.

However, Marsh is impressed with what he’s seen, and took to Twitter to beg Manuel Pellegrini to give the youngster a run in the first team, seemingly ahead of Bony.

Time has come for Kelechi to get a run- If not alongside Aguero in twin striker role, then definitely when Aguero is out- Bony glue
— Rodney Marsh (@RodneyMarsh10) December 1, 2015

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2015/12/02/man-city-kelechi-iheanacho-tipped-for-starting-role/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2015
mikron:
One Love bro, ur predictions for 2mrws match, i predict 2 goals to 1 in our favour

Nig.1:0 Egy.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:44am On Dec 02, 2015
mikron:
One Love bro, ur predictions for 2mrws match, i predict 2 goals to 1 in our favour

Sir GoodJoe, why you first me comment on the 100th page now Something I had planned to do long time agogringrin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zuchyblink(m): 7:20am On Dec 02, 2015
i was here
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Embell: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2015
U-23 AFCON: Senegal cruise into semis, dominate Tunisia 2-0

A wonder goal set hosts Senegal up to beat Tunisia 2-0 in Dakar on Tuesday and move closer to qualifying for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games football tournament.
Ibrahima Diedhiou, a Belgium-based central defender wearing pink boots, unleashed a ninth-minute shot from the centre circle that flew over goalkeeper Sabri Ben Hassen into the net.
It was the second time in two African qualifying tournament games that Ben Hassen strayed off his line and was beaten by a long-range shot with Zambian Ronald Kampamba the scorer last Saturday.
Substitute Mouhamadou ‘Habib’ Diallo assured Senegal of a matchday 3 victory with a close-range strike off a cross five minutes from time before a near-capacity crowd at the 60,000-seat Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor.
It was a deserved victory for the hosts over niggly opponents, whose constant fouling and time wasting dashed hopes of a spectacle in the top-of-the-table Group A showdown.
Success assured Senegal of a top-two finish and a place in the semi-finals of the two-week tournament with the countries coming first, second and third overall qualifying for the Rio Games.
Senegal complete their mini-league schedule Friday with a match at the same stadium against Zambia, who have been eliminated and will be playing only for pride.[b][/b][color=#006600][/color]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:55am On Dec 02, 2015
[b]
Embell:
U-23 AFCON: Senegal cruise into semis, dominate Tunisia 2-0

A wonder goal set hosts Senegal up to beat Tunisia 2-0 in Dakar on Tuesday and move closer to qualifying for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games football tournament.
Ibrahima Diedhiou, a Belgium-based central defender wearing pink boots, unleashed a ninth-minute shot from the centre circle that flew over goalkeeper Sabri Ben Hassen into the net.
It was the second time in two African qualifying tournament games that Ben Hassen strayed off his line and was beaten by a long-range shot with Zambian Ronald Kampamba the scorer last Saturday.
Substitute Mouhamadou ‘Habib’ Diallo assured Senegal of a matchday 3 victory with a close-range strike off a cross five minutes from time before a near-capacity crowd at the 60,000-seat Stade Leopold Sedar Senghor.
It was a deserved victory for the hosts over niggly opponents, whose constant fouling and time wasting dashed hopes of a spectacle in the top-of-the-table Group A showdown.
Success assured Senegal of a top-two finish and a place in the semi-finals of the two-week tournament with the countries coming first, second and third overall qualifying for the Rio Games.
Senegal complete their mini-league schedule Friday with a match at the same stadium against Zambia, who have been eliminated and will be playing only for pride.[/b]

I wonder why the coach and goal keeping coach did not caution the Ben Hassen Goal Keeper for his careless style. Disappointing. He caused his team the game.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2015
black albino is really doing well to help in updating us with new articles . thanks broda. nig 3.1 egy

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:11am On Dec 02, 2015
Tunisia was robbed yesterday. Denied two clear penalties.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:43am On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Sergio Aguero pushing Kelechi Iheanacho to greatness[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has been marked out for greatness … by no other than Kun Aguero!

The 19-year-old striker bagged his third goal of a breakthrough season to help Manchester City on their way to a 4-1 win over Hull in the League Cup quarter-finals.

And then he revealed that he is being egged on by the legendary Blues striker every day in training – and by Wilfried Bony.

Now he is dreaming of scoring the winner at Wembley to cap a dream season, with the Blues just a two-legged semi-final away from a date beneath the Arch on February 28.

Afterwards he paid tribute to the way the senior strikers have welcomed him into the first team fold – and told him that he could hit the very top.

“They talk to me ever day in training, giving me advice and encouraging me to keep going and doing well,” he said. “They tell me I will be a great player one day, so I will keep listening and working hard.

“The manager also gives me great advice, telling me to play simple and score goals.

“It’s always a pleasure to score a goal, and it was a good goal, a good reaction to run to the front post.

“I anticipate every time someone is crossing the ball – I knew where Raheem would put it so I made the run.”

Many City fans are frustrated at the lack of first-team chances Kelechi seems to be getting, but he accepts the fact he is still on a learning curve.

“City are a big team and I am just coming up as a young player, so I am not worried,” he said.

“One day I will start playing regularly for the team. There are plenty of good players in the EDS, and I feel like I am flying the flag for them – they can all do what I am doing.

“I get the feeling the fans love me, and I love them as well!”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-sergio-aguero-pushing-10534451[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:19am On Dec 02, 2015
Glad for Kelechi, the Capital One Cup must love him

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:54am On Dec 02, 2015
joseph1013:
[b][size=14pt]Sergio Aguero pushing Kelechi Iheanacho to greatness[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho has been marked out for greatness … by no other than Kun Aguero!

The 19-year-old striker bagged his third goal of a breakthrough season to help Manchester City on their way to a 4-1 win over Hull in the League Cup quarter-finals.

And then he revealed that he is being egged on by the legendary Blues striker every day in training – and by Wilfried Bony.

Now he is dreaming of scoring the winner at Wembley to cap a dream season, with the Blues just a two-legged semi-final away from a date beneath the Arch on February 28.

Afterwards he paid tribute to the way the senior strikers have welcomed him into the first team fold – and told him that he could hit the very top.

“They talk to me ever day in training, giving me advice and encouraging me to keep going and doing well,” he said. “They tell me I will be a great player one day, so I will keep listening and working hard.

“The manager also gives me great advice, telling me to play simple and score goals.

“It’s always a pleasure to score a goal, and it was a good goal, a good reaction to run to the front post.

“I anticipate every time someone is crossing the ball – I knew where Raheem would put it so I made the run.”

Many City fans are frustrated at the lack of first-team chances Kelechi seems to be getting, but he accepts the fact he is still on a learning curve.

“City are a big team and I am just coming up as a young player, so I am not worried,” he said.

“One day I will start playing regularly for the team. There are plenty of good players in the EDS, and I feel like I am flying the flag for them – they can all do what I am doing.

“I get the feeling the fans love me, and I love them as well!”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-sergio-aguero-pushing-10534451[/b]

I wasn't too happy he started on the bench but I am impressed with the reaction when he came on and I also love the he is still humble. Congrats much more to come.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Egypt coach, El-Badry, vows to deny Nigeria Olympic ticket
[/size]
Egypt Under-23 national team coach Hossam El-Badry remains hopeful they will progress to the semifinals of the 2015 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations, despite getting their campaign off with a draw against Algeria in their Group B opener in M’Bour on Sunday.
[img]http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/egypt-coach-el-badry-vows-to-deny-nigeria-olympic-ticket/el-badry/[/img]
El-Badry
Zamalek winger Mahmoud ‘Kahraba’ Abdel-Moneam headed home Mohamed Hani’s free-kick to give the young Pharaohs the lead on 54 minutes, but Algeria levelled matters through USM Alger attacking midfielder Zinedine Ferhat 10 minutes later with the Egyptian keeper Mosaad Awad largely to blame.

“Keeper Awad’s error cost the team a goal but such kind of errors are frequent in football,” El-Badry commented after the match.

“We were close to winning the game, especially in the first half, but we failed to capitalise on our goal-scoring chances.

“We didn’t lose the game. There are two matches remaining in the group phase and we are determined to earn positive results in these games to advance into the semis.”

The Egyptians will be looking to seal their first win of the competition when they take on Nigeria in their second Group B outing tomorrow.
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/egypt-coach-el-badry-vows-to-deny-nigeria-olympic-ticket/
[/b]

Chai Nigerian media with their gossip magazine reporting tactics, where in this article was any vow made?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Man City legend wants starting role for Iheanacho[/size]

London - Manchester City great Rodney Marsh wants manager Manuel Pellegrini to give Kelechi Iheanacho a starting role following his goal against Hull City in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday.

The Nigerian scored on his premier league debut against Crystal Palace, his only goal from nine appearances so far in the league but his fine form is very evident in the cup games.

In the Capital One Cup he has scored twice and his latest strike yesterday forced the legend to call for him to be a starter in key games this season.

"Time has come for Kelechi to get a run, if not alongside Aguero in twin striker role, then definitely when Aguero is out," he posted on twitter suggesting the 19 year old should start ahead of Bony.

Already Iheanacho is a senior International for Nigeria with two caps under his belts and he is widely tipped to be a big star for Nigeria and Africa in the coming years.

On his part the Nigerian credit his good form in front of goals to the motivations he gets from senior players in the team and coach Manuel Pellegrini.

http://m.news24.com/Nigeria/Sport/Football/man-city-legend-wants-starting-role-for-iheanacho-20151202[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]Manchester City's Wilfried Bony on the advice he gives to Kelechi Iheanacho[/size]

Wilfried Bony has revealed how he has taken his little “brother” Kelechi Iheanacho under his wing at Manchester City.

And when the exciting 19-year-old scored the vital second goal in the League Cup quarter-final win over Hull, he was almost as happy as his teammate!

But Bony has urged Kelechi to not cut any corners in his push for regular first team football.

“I see him as my brother, because he has come from Africa, like me, so I give him lots of advice, on how to handle pressure,” said Bony, who scored the opening goal as the Blues booked a place in the last four.

“We have things in common, so I talk to him a lot – he sits close to him so I see him every day. It's good for me to push him to do it the right way.

“And he is a striker, so it's always good when he scores. It makes me happy as well.

“He has time – he is only 20 so has another 15 years in front of him to become a player in the team.”

Hull boss Steve Bruce had claimed the scoreline was an injustice with City scoring three times in the last ten minutes, but Bony pointed out that was a result of the Blues' domination of the ball.

“We tried to push when we scored the first goal, but they tried to play very compact at the back, so it was quite difficult to create chances, and create space,” he said.

“But we dominated and scored the last three goals in the last ten minutes, so I think they were tired. We took advantage of that and the goals came at a good moment.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-city-kelechi-iheanacho-bony-10536457[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2015
^^^Kelechi should not take too much advice from Wilfried. Aguero is the deal. His movement and speed is closer to that of Kun.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia drops Zaharadeen Bello for Egypt clash
[/size]
Zaharadeen Bello (left) at the U20 AYC also in Senegal in March

Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia has dropped defender Zaharadeen Bello for Chizoba Amaefule for tonight’s Group B clash against Egypt in Mbour.

The more experienced Amaefule replaced Bello, who is the youngest player on the Nigerian squad, in the heart of the back four in the second half on Sunday after Nigeria collapsed and Mali fought back to end the game 3-2.

Bello from Kano Pillars was an ever-present when Nigeria won the 2015 African Youth Championship also in Senegal in March, while Amaefule featured for Nigeria at the 2013 FIFA U20 World Cup in Turkey.

Siasia has struck to his twin strike force of Junior Ajayi and taiwo Awoniyi even though Awoniyi posted a quiet game on Sunday.

Nigeria Starting XI vs Egypt – Emmanuel Daniel – Ndifreke Effiong, Sincere Seth, Segun Oduduwa, Chizoba Amaefule – Azubuike Okechukwu (skipper), Usman Mohammed, Oghenekaro Etebo, Stanley Dimgba – Taiwo Awoniyi, Junior Ajayi
http://mtnfootball.com/news/590232/Siasia-drops-Zaharadeen-Bello-for-Egypt-clash
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:14pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Hull City Fans Blast Akpom Aaluko-for Man-City Defeat
[/size]

By Izuchukwu Okosi:

Hull City were defeated 4-1 by Premier League leaders Manchester City on Tuesday night in one of the quarter-finals game of the Capital One Cup at the Etihad but despite the resilience shown overall by the Hull City players, their fans are lambasting the performance of the Nigerian duo of Sone Aluko and Chuba Akpom.

Some of the Tigers' fans who expressed their dismay on Twitter especially at the display of England youth international, Akpom, who is born of Nigerian parents, believe he has not been a good loan acquisition.

Matt Hornshaw, a Hull fan, wrote: "Feeble effort from Aluko, Akpom, Elmo #hcafc."

Another fan, Ricky, focused solely on Akpom's poor display, writing: "Akpom is looking like a boy in a man's body. But when we pass the ball on the ground, we're quietly effective."

Dan was biting in his criticism of the Nigerians, adding: "Carrying deadweight, off. Aluko, Taylor off. Akpom just whinging about everything. A complete lack of endeavour across the pitch."

Adam saw positives, but he hit Aluko and Akpom hard, writing: "Shows we have strength in depth. Taylor, Aluko, Akpom, Hayden haven't shown anything to me."

Rob Gillespie feels Hull will be better off without Akpom. The disappointed Hull fan wrote: "Hate to say this, but send Akpom back. Doesn't have the passion or the hunger."

Aluko has played for the Super Eagles but Akpom is undecided where his international future lies.

The third player of Nigerian descent in action on Tuesday night, Moses Odubanjo, who played at right-back, had a good performance so escaped the criticisms of the fans.

Super Eagles forward Kelechi Iheanacho came off the bench to score Manchester City's second goal when he steered the ball despite the challenges of three defenders.

www.completesportsnigeria.com/hull-city-fans-blast-akpom-aluko-man-city-defeat/
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2015
joseph1013:
^^^Kelechi should not take too much advice from Wilfried. Aguero is the deal. His movement and speed is closer to that of Kun.

I think what matters is who is interested in Nacho's development. You can see Yaya and Bony more interested in talking to Nacho than Aguero. Even during warm ups. Aguero's attention might be limited. Although Aguero has been injured for long that it is hard to see him advising Nacho compared to Bony.

So Iheanacho can only listen to those who gives him the most attention.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
Manchester City Nexen Tire Challenge

Raheem Sterling, Fernando, Kelechi Iheanacho and George Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d3FHT6mahQ
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:30pm On Dec 02, 2015
You won't believe I watched this just this afternoon. Entertaining!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Those Hull fans blasting Akpom and Aluko can take a hike from London To Paris. Their coached parked the bus and Hull City had 34% possession. How can they expect their attackers to put up an impressive display. Their defenders conceded three goals in ten minutes and their problem is Aluko and Akpom.

We watched El Classico recently and saw Barcelona dominate the game from start to finish. Is there any way Ronaldo and Benzema can put up an impressive display in such condition.

Instead of them to tell Steve Bruce to go back to coaching school and learn to coach his team to play in a way their players will look better. They are blaming players in a faulty system. They have seen Nigerians to blast.

In the words of Safarigirl, Ndi Ara (Mad People).
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Danycrusoe(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Siasia Has To Do Something About The Defence. If Not It May Prove To Be The Team's Let Down. For The Second Game In A Row They Have Conceded Two Goals After Taking A First Half Lead, This Time Around They Let A Win Slip Away
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zuchyblink(m): 9:54pm On Dec 02, 2015
Our local coaches are empty
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2015
Is second half a taboo for siasia?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by mikron(m): 11:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
BlackAlbino6:

Nig.1:0 Egy.
our defence lacks coordination, always conceding goals in the 2nd half. not too good
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:53pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON Group Tables: Senegal Through, Nigeria In Danger
[/size]

Group A is almost settled with hosts Senegal through and Tunisia battling South Africa for the second semi-final ticket from the group.

However, Group B is more complicated. Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt could finish on five points each, leaving results among the three in a mini-group to determine who goes through.

Any winner between Nigeria and Algeria in their clash in Dakar will go through. Both of them will go through regardless of the result if Egypt fail to beat already eliminated Mali.

However, if Egypt beat Mali, a draw between Nigeria and Algeria would leave three teams tied on five points and their results against Mali would be removed from the equation.

GROUP A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Senegal 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 S/Africa 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 3
3 Tunisia 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Zambia 2 0 0 2 3 5 −2 0

GROUP B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Algeria 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
2 Nigeria 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
3 Egypt 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Mali 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-group-tables-senegal-through-nigeria-danger/
[/b]

Oya every body pick up your calculating machine jungle don don.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:59pm On Dec 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
El-Badry blames referee for Nigeria draw
By Mazin Rizk Follow @MazinRizk
[/size]

Egypt’s olympic national team manager, Hossam El-Badry, blamed the referee’s decisions for 2-2 draw against Nigeria.

“We went through a healing process after the game and we are now concentrating on our final group game against Mali which is very critical to our position in the group,” the 55-year-old coach said in a television interview on BeIn Sports following the match against Nigeria.

The ex-Ahly manager also highlighted the referee’s dubious decisions to award Nigeria two penalty kicks in the first half of the game giving them a two-goal lead.

“The scenario we faced in this game was a very weird one because of the poor decisions from the referee. We want fair judgement. We were always in praise of the African referees and then these things happen and they take us back to step one again,” El-Badry added.

El-Badry, who represented the Egyptian national team on 18 occasions and played in the Olympic games Qualifier in Moscow in 1980 pointed out that the players lacked concentration and were hasty with their opportunities due to the scenario of the game.

He also thanks his players for their efforts and their comeback to the game while ensuring that should the game have been played with a calmer atmosphere, the result was always going to be in Egypt’s favour.

Egypt drew the first game of the group stages against Algeria1-1.
Egypt’s olympic national team, who now sit in 3rd place with two points from two game will face Mali, who sit in 4th with zero points from two games on Saturday, 5 December, 2015.

Egypt must grab a win to have a chance to qualify to the next round of the 2015 U-23 African Cup of Nations, and 2016 Summer Olympics which are to be held at Rio de Janeiro.
www.kingfut.com/2015/12/02/el-badry-blames-referee-draw/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON Group Tables: Senegal Through, Nigeria In Danger
[/size]

Group A is almost settled with hosts Senegal through and Tunisia battling South Africa for the second semi-final ticket from the group.

However, Group B is more complicated. Nigeria, Algeria and Egypt could finish on five points each, leaving results among the three in a mini-group to determine who goes through.

Any winner between Nigeria and Algeria in their clash in Dakar will go through. Both of them will go through regardless of the result if Egypt fail to beat already eliminated Mali.

However, if Egypt beat Mali, a draw between Nigeria and Algeria would leave three teams tied on five points and their results against Mali would be removed from the equation.

GROUP A
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Senegal 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 S/Africa 2 1 0 1 4 5 −1 3
3 Tunisia 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Zambia 2 0 0 2 3 5 −2 0

GROUP B
Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Algeria 2 1 1 0 3 1 +2 4
2 Nigeria 2 1 1 0 5 4 +1 4
3 Egypt 2 0 2 0 3 3 0 2
4 Mali 2 0 0 2 2 5 −3 0
www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-group-tables-senegal-through-nigeria-danger/
[/b]

Oya every body pick up your calculating machine jungle don don.

Mathematically, Nigeria has d best chance to scale through this grp.

How?

Nigeria jst needs a draw and no matter d outcome of d Egypt vs Mali game we qualify. It is actually Algeria that need an outright win to b sure of qualification.

Why I said a draw will be enough for Nigeria:Any form of draw 0:0 or 100:100 & Egypt beats Mali by any margin and all top3 teams are tied on 5 pts. The matches against Mali will b taken off & Nigeria automatically go above Algeria bc Nig played 2-2 with Egypt while Algeria played 1-1 with Egypt. Ie we will have a higher 'Goals For' than Algeria. In this case We go through along with Egypt. Bt if Egypt draws or loses to Mali, Alg finish 1st & Nigeria second.ie if Nig vs Alg ends in draw.

The other 2 possibilities for us: Nigeria wins and we top d grp.

Nigeria loses and if Egypt loses or draw with Mali we qualify. Bt if we lose and Egypt wins we are out.

Siasia needs to change his formatn in d next game. What he is facing was what Manu faced in that U20 game against Brazil: Having to accommodate Ajayi and Awoniyi in d starting line jst like accommodating Success and Awoniyi in dat Brazil game. Here u'll b forced to play a 4-4-2 formation which will leave gaps in d midfield. Siasia depleted dat midfield when he axed Sokari and Etor. Now, I dnt know so much abt this team so d question is if Awoniyi starts from d bench in d next game hu is dat AM player dat can effectively play behind Ajayi? This is where Sokari would have jst fitted in. Apart from momentary loss of concentration from d defenders i also fill d lack of midfield depth is mounting pressure on d defence plus the wingers are nt doing enough to support d left and right backs.

The Siasia dat i know has always had problems with defending. There is hardly a game he does nt concede goals though he scores plenty of goals too. His favorite scorelines have always been 2-2, 3-2, 2-3, 4-1, 3-1, 1-3, 2-1,1-2. Go back and check his records.

Somehow, i still believe we will go through. As i said "mathemarically" we have d best chance it is left to Siasia and his boys to do d needful on d pitch.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 9:15am On Dec 03, 2015
Nice one icon ...u re spot on ! But I want us to qualify with using calculator ....as it's we will need calculator after d 3rd match . We re used to it if it were to be d super eagles .
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:06am On Dec 03, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Manchester City Nexen Tire Challenge

Raheem Sterling, Fernando, Kelechi Iheanacho and George Evans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d3FHT6mahQ
Thanks for the video just finished watching. This guy is full of confidence rolling with the other bigger boys. Wao Nachooooooo

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:08am On Dec 03, 2015
lexyman:
Nice one icon ...u re spot on ! But I want us to qualify with using calculator ....as it's we will need calculator after d 3rd match . We re used to it if it were to be d super eagles .

No matter how u look at it, u should nt always expect easy rides in competitions. After all there have been several competitions dat we secured qualification after d 2nd game. Whether u like it or nt u will most times need some1 to draw or lose or beat some1 for u to qualify.

This one is 100% in our hands. It is nt like when even if we win we still need some1 to win some1 else where for us.

We will qualify.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 10:17am On Dec 03, 2015
[b][size=14pt]PLAYER RATINGS: NIGERIA 2-2 EGYPT[/size]

After Nigeria let slip a two goal lead to draw 2-2 with Egypt at the ongoing Under-23 Africa Nations Cup,Mowizsoccer rates the players who featured in the game.

Emmanuel Daniel: The goalkepper was largely responsible for the one point Nigeria picked as he stood between Egypt and a winner in the second half...7/10.

Seth Sincere: Started brightly by galloping up the flanks from his right full back role but faded as the game progressed,very slack in marking and gave the team no width...5/10

Effiong Ndifreke: A left full back who despite the bright early start of his left winger didn't contribute anything going forward,became the team weak link in the second half and largely at fault for both of the moves that lead to Egypt's goals...4/10

Oduduwa Segun: Hardly got involved as his partner Amaefule Chizoba did the bulk of the job,weak in the air,sluggish and his poor positioning played the Egyptians on when an offside trap was set by the other defenders...4/10

Amaefule Chizoba: Hard in tackle,strong in one on one contest and a willing runner,most experienced and oldest of the defence quartet,unfortunate to have scored an own goal but still the best defender on display for the team...6/10

Mohammed Usman: Known for his twinkle toes and dribbling skills but none was on show against Egypt,struggled to release the strikers with through ball,a rather subdued performance going by his abilities...5/10

Okechukwu Azubuike: The captain saw lots of the ball,kept his team ticking,contributed in defence but failed to get into goal scoring positions,however his quality is clear to see...6/10

Etebo Oghenekaro: Took his penalties with calmness and aplomb but missed a simple header that would have given him his hattrick, lively all through but appears lost in his role behind the striker...6/10

Junior Ajayi: Scored a brace in the first game but got no where near the opponent's goal as he failed to evade his markers largely due to a lack of service,substituted with a minute left to play...4/10

Taiwo Awoniyi: Highly rated but yet to live up to his ratings so far in this tournament,played outwide and struggled to get involved even when he moved to his preferred central striker role...4/10

Stanley Dimgba: Threatened the Egyptians with his pace at the start of the game but went surprisingly missing in the second half and failed to aid his full back in defending when Egypt piled on the pressure...5/10

Substitutes:

Ebong Eyo: Tried to inject urgency into the team's attack but ended up running into blind alleys,dragged an effort narrowly wide few minutes after coming on...4/10

Godspower Aniefiok: Had 9 anonymous minutes failing to use his strength and pace to good effect...3/10

Yaro Bature: A time wasting substitute,came on a minute to full time but missed a glorious chance to steal all three points for Nigeria,shot high into the sky when a loose ball found him free on the edge of the opponent's box...2/10[/b]

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.