Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698015 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmm... just saw this mention.

Well, work permits apply to those coming from outside Europe.

Isaac Success already has Two core seasons of Experience and game time in The world's best league, the LA Liga... so his case is kinda different.
(In other words, he doesn't need a work permit). Same happened to Odion Ighalo before he joined Sister club, Watford in the English championship (Ighalo spent four seasons with Granada).

Also, he hasn't featured for Nigeria, so the 75% international whatever doesn't come in for him even though it should.

I think this was bypassed by his being an U-21 proven talent with Two solid years of top-flight football at the highest level in the LA liga...

Added to the fact that he also is seen as a special young talent. And his transfer meets the top 30% of Watford's transfer dealings this summer... plus his wages is bound to be in the top 20% of Watford wage bill....

All these and other complicated details are taken into account despite his zero international caps for The Super Eagles.

He is now Watford's most expensive signing at £12.5 million.

Note: Not all players around the world are subject to the 75% for national teams stuff. It all depends on the world rankings of your nation's senior team...

For instance, Belgium is ranked 2nd in the world, so a Belgian talent will only require to have featured in about 25% or 30% of international games for two years.. if he's an U-21, it is reduced to one year.

Teams like Algeria, and Ivory Coast right now are subject to the 40-50% international caps rule not 75%... why? because they are in the Top 30 of the current world rankings...

Teams outside the top 50 are really subject to the 75% rule except in cases like Success with an already proven top European exposure/experience.

In truth, it's all complicated... but this is the little I know.

joseph1013:
Ighalo D isn't come straight to the EPL, remember? He was on loan to Watford while in the Championship.

TheSuperNerd, any help?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 2:09pm On Jul 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Players selection. That was y I wanted Keshi out. Oliseh came and same issue. Siasia too is nt left out.
A fantastic goal poucher like Isaac Success has repeatedly been ignored by successive coaches.
I have given up d idea of local coaches.
Let me see if a new foreign technical adviser would ignore Success

I have given up the idea of local coaches.

I agree with you but.... I can perfectly well understand why Isaac Success was not invited. I watch the La Liga constantly, most times his team plays on Friday night or Sunday morning so i usually keep my tabs on him, sometimes he plays arrogant football. He believes he has the talents so defenders should shiver in front of him, he tries too many tricks and all that. He even got sent-off once, and although the second yellow was not deserved it was still down to his inexperience/hot-head, so as an outsider, you may see him as a great player no doubt, but in a team you also need a good player, a team player too which was why i blamed Garba for starting him at the U-20s. But well he did develop massively towards the end of the season, i always believed that the guy is more talented than Iheanacho and the lot of them and I believe that his move to watford will cement that fact soon, which is why he isn't going to the Olympics so as to establish himself first. If you ask me, the NFF are handling his own case well

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 8:22pm On Jul 02, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Hmmm... just saw this mention.

Well, work permits apply to those coming from outside Europe.

Isaac Success already has Two core seasons of Experience and game time in The world's best league, the LA Liga... so his case is kinda different.
(In other words, he doesn't need a work permit). Same happened to Odion Ighalo before he joined Sister club, Watford in the English championship (Ighalo spent four seasons with Granada).

Also, he hasn't featured for Nigeria, so the 75% international whatever doesn't come in for him even though it should.

I think this was bypassed by his being an U-21 proven talent with Two solid years of top-flight football at the highest level in the LA liga...

Added to the fact that he also is seen as a special young talent. And his transfer meets the top 30% of Watford's transfer dealings this summer... plus his wages is bound to be in the top 20% of Watford wage bill....

All these and other complicated details are taken into account despite his zero international caps for The Super Eagles.

He is now Watford's most expensive signing at £12.5 million.

Note: Not all players around the world are subject to the 75% for national teams stuff. It all depends on the world rankings of your nation's senior team...

For instance, Belgium is ranked 2nd in the world, so a Belgian talent will only require to have featured in about 25% or 30% of international games for two years.. if he's an U-21, it is reduced to one year.

Teams like Algeria, and Ivory Coast right now are subject to the 40-50% international caps rule not 75%... why? because they are in the Top 30 of the current world rankings...

Teams outside the top 50 are really subject to the 75% rule except in cases like Success with an already proven top European exposure/experience.

In truth, it's all complicated... but this is the little I know.

If a small a club could splash up to £12.5 for him,how much more if any of the top 4 had gone for him. So he is actually worth more than £20m for Arsenal,£25m for Chelsea and £30m for Man city,I'm not kidding, yet a certain coach will be blind to see the most expensive Nigeria U-23 player. But he would rather go to the Olympics with less talented ones. Baffling.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 12:29am On Jul 03, 2016
Siasia is going to Brazil to joke and laugh. Or how else does one understand 'appointing' Gandoki as the comedian of the U23 team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHja1Hp2gb8
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:23am On Jul 03, 2016
joseph1013:

We will wait and watch. Should I come back to tease you if he retains Ryan Giggs? grin grin grin

I hope you heard Ryan Giggs is leaving Manchester United. I told you that keeping Ryan Giggs will prove difficult for Mourinho.

New manager Jose Mourinho is expected to bring in trusted lieutenant Rui Faria to take on the role, with Giggs unable to agree a new position.

It means he will depart Old Trafford after almost 30 years of service, having joined United's academy in 1987.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Isaac Success lands on a Goal Mine at Watford.

Walter Mazzari who is the former Coach of Napoli and Inter Milan is the coach who would handle Watford in the coming season.

Mazzari was the man who made Marek Hamsik, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edison Cavani Popular with his famous 3-4-3 counter attacking formation.

Isaac Success gets to work with a manager who worked with young promising strikers who grew into world renowned attackers under Mazzari.

Praying for Success to have Success at Watford.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 1:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Starting 11 for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:02am On Jul 03, 2016
olapluto

:
Starting 11 for Nigeria

What time is d match??
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:02am On Jul 03, 2016
olapluto:
Starting 11 for Nigeria

Smh!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:08am On Jul 03, 2016
Match has started. 8 minutes in. Still looking for links.

live link http://www.tele-envivo.com/tdn-en-vivo.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:43am On Jul 03, 2016
Unfortunately, I can't watch the game as I am on the move..

Updates will be welcome.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:44am On Jul 03, 2016
Patternless Nigeria. Playing without purpose. Mexico should have scored 3.
Nigerian players even diving and wasting time as early as 10 minutes. Shame
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:47am On Jul 03, 2016
Some nice play by Nigeria. Comes to nothing. Nigeria enjoying a spell
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:48am On Jul 03, 2016
Yeah Sir Good Joe.... was excited to know Quique sanches Flores' replacement is Walter mazzari.... the very man who made Napoli a force with Cavani and Hamsik.

Wow! Success and Ighalo combo under Mazzari may serve as one that Super Eagles handlers (whoever they may be) will look to capitalise on in the long run for our senior national team.

So happy The Beast has joined Nacho, The Alien Kid (Aka Iceman). grin

TheGoodJoe:
Isaac Success lands on a Goal Mine at Watford.

Walter Mazzari who is the former Coach of Napoli and Inter Milan is the coach who would handle Watford in the coming season.

Mazzari was the man who made Marek Hamsik, Ezequiel Lavezzi and Edison Cavani Popular with his famous 3-4-3 counter attacking formation.

Isaac Success gets to work with a manager who worked with young promising strikers who grew into world renowned attackers under Mazzari.

Praying for Success to have Success at Watford.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:49am On Jul 03, 2016
Bad pitch just injured Junior Ajayi. Hes back up and playing.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:50am On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks for the update Sir... coz I am certainly not watching.

Mexico should have scored 3? na wa ooo...

olapluto:
Patternless Nigeria. Playing without purpose. Mexico should have scored 3.
Nigerian players even diving and wasting time as early as 10 minutes. Shame
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:51am On Jul 03, 2016
Lanky Awoniyi closely marked. Nigeria has shaken off early scares. Pitch is bad, but Nigeria now the attacking side.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:54am On Jul 03, 2016
Nigerian keeper sharply off his line to claim the ball twice. Mexico were through on goal on both occasions.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:55am On Jul 03, 2016
Lol the pitch big sha
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:56am On Jul 03, 2016
Mexico coach's face is very familiar. He lost to Manu Garba's team twice in Qatar. Siasia should have kept the core of that team. This team has a very blunt attack.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:58am On Jul 03, 2016
Junior Ajayi deserves a slap. He just wasted a promising chance. Nigeria wont score with this strike force.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2016
In that case he should recognise Awoniyi... grin

olapluto:
Mexico coach's face is very familiar. He lost to Manu Garba's team twice in Qatar. Siasia should have kept the core of that team. This team has a very blunt attack.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2016
First yellow card to Nigeria's skipper. He makes a very bad tackle, and then smiles sheepishly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Long range shot from Nigeria. Thats our best chance of scoring.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Which muhamed is dis musa ir yusuf??
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:04am On Jul 03, 2016
Awoniyi through on goal. Shoots at the keeper. Mexican commentators seem to remember him very well grin grin grin. They shouted AWooniyiii.. but he shot at the keeper. Still 0-0

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:06am On Jul 03, 2016
Mexican captain copies Nigerian captain and collects a yellow.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:11am On Jul 03, 2016
Mexican captain snaps a great chance. He managed to evade attention of our back 4. Nigeria go to the other end, chance wasted (tired of saying this).
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:15am On Jul 03, 2016
On twitter, I understand that The Mexican goalie is Raul Gudino.... grin
Remember him? wink
Picked up 9 goals from his net against Nigeria...
5 from Iheanacho
1 from Success
1 from Yahaya (put as an own goal actually)
1 from Chidi Nwakali
1 from Musa Mohammed

Lollll. ..... memories grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:16am On Jul 03, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
On twitter, I understand that The Mexican goalie is Raul Gudino.... grin
Remember him? wink
Picked up 9 goals from his net against Nigeria...
5 from Iheanacho
1 from Success
1 from Yahaya (put as an own goal actually)
1 from Chidi Nwakali
1 from Musa Mohammed
Lollll. ..... memories grin
Today, he has Awoniyi and Ajayi. His prayers have been answered.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:18am On Jul 03, 2016
Sia sia team needs quality..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 3:18am On Jul 03, 2016
Best chance of the game. Lovely cross comes in, Mexico captain catches it well, beats Daniel in Nigeria goal, but hit the post....unlucky.

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.