Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698862 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zicky(m): 10:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mickael2:

Thank you!!! Me still get hope well well. We are here talking about names names and names, names don't win tournaments again. Leichester City didn't win with any big name, England lost to Iceland with all their big names. I don't care who Siasia takes to Rio, he can't invite his brothers from Bayelsa for all I care, all I want is for him to implement his tactics well enough and get us to the final atleast, Period! No matter how good you are, you are not irreplacable, if their teams don't want to release them, Siasia can't do anything, blame FIFA for that not Siasia, so I won't lose hope till the games start. Same people complained when he didn't take Mikel and Osaze, still we got to the final and there really is no assurance that we would have gone beyond that with those two anyways so please calm down people, and wait for the Olympics

I thought I saw Osaze at the Beijing Olympic, which tournament are you talking about.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lol.... so someone still remembers my "I-S-I-S" theory.... grin

Anyway, All is well.... I won't give up now. I have never given up on our national teams and it won't start with Rio 2016 and it will never happen.

Lemme hang on to the last bits of hope as I await Siasia's Final 18 based on the availables of the 35 listed......

#EaglesForever #DreamTeamAlways

Napoleon55:
I think Siasia has finally gotten his wish,he can continue with his boys,who knows they might decide to fight n die on the pitch 4 him. Now Simon Moses has followed suit to the list of players been stopped by their various club,there will b no "ISIS" IWOBI,SUCCESS,IHEANACHO,SIMON. This is the best u'v got- AZUBIKE,ETABO,SADIQ,MUHAMMAD

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 10:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
zicky:

I thought I saw Osaze at the Beijing Olympic, which tournament are you talking about.

I meant Taiwo who was injured sorry, and Obafemi Martins

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by binhozie(m): 11:45pm On Jun 28, 2016
This is still a manageable team for an u23 tourney thou
E. Daniel
Mohammed
Omeruo
Ekong
Amuzie
Mikel
Usman
Etebo
Simon
Aminu
Ighalo

Subs
Yusuf
Madu
Oboabona
Ndidi
Azubuike
J. Ajayi
I. Ezekiel

Provided siasia doesn't worsen it by adding ndifreke Obanor saviour ahaemefule and the likes
It can be better but it's not that bad.
Who knows Imoh Ezekiel might be a better option than success,
Meanwhile oboabona and akpeyi can't both go except Mikel misses it

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 12:56am On Jun 29, 2016
binhozie:
This is still a manageable team for an u23 tourney thou
E. Daniel
Mohammed
Omeruo
Ekong
Amuzie
Mikel
Usman
Etebo
Simon
Aminu
Ighalo

Subs
Yusuf
Madu
Oboabona
Ndidi
Azubuike
J. Ajayi
I. Ezekiel

Provided siasia doesn't worsen it by adding ndifreke Obanor saviour ahaemefule and the likes
It can be better but it's not that bad.
Who knows Imoh Ezekiel might be a better option than success,
Meanwhile oboabona and akpeyi can't both go except Mikel misses it

Simon moses is out.. It's reported his club will not release him

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 10:47am On Jun 29, 2016
Hear the sports minister.

“We’ve a crisis on our hands now, especially with the list of those going to Rio. Those who qualified are fundamentally different from those that have been sent to go and play at the finals, making it look like those wheelbarrow pushers.

“You know the wheelbarrow is an instrument that’s not important, but can only be kept under perennial sun. When there’s a load, you go and pick it, it’s not fair at all”. He concluded.

Source: Owngoalnigeria.com

Ridiculous comment. Are you looking to compensate people for qualifying or present your best team possible?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tizblink: 11:02am On Jun 29, 2016
"Hoping for the best but expecting the worst"
That's been the thing with the whole Olympics issue.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:17am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
IHEANACHO EYES VACANT JERSEY NUMBER AT MAN CITY
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho could swap jersey number this season following the availability of numbers he would prefer to his current number 72.

His current shirt number isn’t befitting of a first team player as it is usually reserved for players in the reserve team but after having his breakthrough last season an upgrade to a single digit squad number is a possibility considering the availability of several number he would like.

Iheanacho in an unofficial chat with a contact of Owngoalnigeria.com confirmed he is looking at several vacant numbers in the squad but if given the opportunity to pick a number he would like the vacant jersey number 9.

“I am open to the idea of switching numbers this season but not so sure yet, I seriously would love to have the number 9 jersey but it’s not up to me, it’s a decision that has to be taken by the coach” He told a contact of Owngoalnigeria.com

Highly rated and celebrated as one of the top teens in the English Premier League his wish to swap to jersey number 9 might not be possible as it is the favourite shirt number of Celta Vigo forward Nolito who has reportedly agreed terms to join Man City before the end of the summer transfer window.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/28/iheanacho-eyes-vacant-jersey-number-at-man-city/
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:21am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
EXCLUSIVE: ARSENAL BOUND NWAKALI COULD GATECRASH NIGERIA RIO 2016 TEAM IF……
[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3902738_kelechinwakali_jpeg4dd0f592e20227cd6a896790da7ef54a
Kelechi Nwakali

According to leaks gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has penciled down Arsenal teen signing Kelechi Nwakali as an emergency cover if Chelsea refuse to release Mikel Obi for Rio 2016 Olympics.

Doubts over Mikel’s availability has heightened over the past few days after confirmation from his agent that Chelsea are yet to respond to Nigeria’s request to have the midfielder as a part of their team for Rio 2016 Olympics.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Siasia is already drawing up back up plans if Chelsea refuse to release the 28 year old with Nwakali who is presently the captain of Nigeria U-20s part of his emergency plans.

Nwakali dominated the midfield of the Nigeria U-23s in a friendly against the U-20s, a performance that caught the attention of Siasia who told some of his assistants he wouldn’t mind having the 17 year old Arsenal bound midfielder in his team.

However at the moment, the coach is still comfortable with the midfielders at his disposal but will consider the midfielder if he suffers further disappointment from players in his 35 man provisional list for the Rio 2016 Olympics.

*Rasheed Michael
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/28/exclusive-arsenal-bound-nwakali-could-gatecrash-nigeria-rio-2016-team-if/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
OFFICIAL: SEGUN OWOBOWALE JOINS NEC NIJMEGEN
[/size]

Segun Owobowale has left ADO Den Haag for fellow dutch side NEC Nijmegen on a free transfer following the expiration of his deal with the Kyocera Stadion based outfit.

19 year old Owobowale made 9 league appearances for ADO Den Haag during the 2014/2015 season but after his breakthrough season, he failed to make any appearance last season and will now continue his career with NEC Nijmegen.

Owobowale signed a one year deal with NEC who finished 10th last season in the Eredivisie where he will be entitled to an extension if he impresses the team handlers.

The left footed teen who can play as a full back, winger or striker has played for the Netherlands at U-17 and 18 level but he is still eligible for Nigeria due to his parents who are from the West Africa nation.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/29/official-segun-owobowale-joins-nec-nijmegen/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:27am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
OFFICIAL: BARCELONA RELEASE GODSWILL EKPOLO ELOHOR
[/size]

Nigeria U-23s invitee Godswill Ekpolo Elohor has been release by Spanish Champions Barcelona ending his eleven years stay with the Spanish giants despite been one of their best players last season.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Barcelona informed the one time captain of their youth team that they won’t be taking up the option of renewing his deal which is set to expire at the end of June.

The news came as a surprise for the full back who was also excluded from Nigeria’s team for the Rio 2016 Olympics during the course of the week and only recently returned back to Spain where he was hoping to join his teammates in pre season.

A model professional, the 21 year old has always been known for his perseverance,discipline,humility, dedication,skills learning and improvement and has always been a starter for the various youth teams he has played for at Barcelona.

He joined Barcelona in 2005 helping the youth team win trophies at various youth levels, the pick of them been the Nike Premier Cup in 2010 and the UEFA Youth League in 2014.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/29/official-barcelona-release-godswill-ekpolo-elohor/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:35am On Jun 29, 2016
Nigeria's U-23 Far From Ready For Rio Olympic Games - Siasia
Augustine Akhilomen[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Samson Siasia

Ahead of the Rio Olympic Games, the technical crew of the Nigeria's U-23 team have admitted that the poor performances of the players in recent friendly matches and competitive games seem to be giving them cause for worry.

After winning the CAF U-23 Nations Cup in Senegal in 2015, the Dream Team have been struggling for results, something which was noticed at the Suwon four Nations tournament where the team lost 1-0 to Korea, 6-2 to Denmark before defeating Honduras 3-1 in their last match to place third on the log.

Besides, their recent 4-2 loss against the Flying Eagles on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium, has further highlighted the team's poor defensive record.

With the Rio Olympic Games just two months away, U-23 coach, Samson Siasia has revealed to soccernet.com.ng that the team's far from been prepared for the tournament.

"I am still not happy with the situation of things in the team considering the fact that the Rio Olympic Games is just around the corner," Siasia informed.

"I am particularly interested in getting players who are determined and ready to make Nigeria proud. I don't really think the team is ready as it is now because we hope to infuse a few players into the team.

"Losing to the Flying Eagles wasn't pleasant but it will only help us to identify our weaknesses ahead of the main tournament." he concluded."
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/06/nigerias-u-23-far-from-ready-for-rio.html
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 11:44am On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Barcelona Starlet Ekpolo Explains Why He Rejected Chance To Train With Nigeria U23s
[/size]

Barcelona stopper Godswill Ekpolo has turned down an opportunity to train with Nigeria’s Olympic National Team in Atlanta, United States, and has returned to Spain ahead of the start of pre-season.

The 21-year-old was not named to the 35-man provisional roster announced last week, but team officials permitted him to travel with the squad to America on the proviso that he pays for his flight ticket.

“I am no longer in Nigeria, I left because they wanted me to buy my flight ticket to go to United States, ” says Godswill Ekpolo to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked if he will still join the squad in Atlanta, Ekpolo, who sounded disappointed, replied : “No, I am not joining them because they want me to pay from my money.”

Dream Team VI manager Siasia earlier revealed to this website that Ekpolo was in his plans for the Olympic Games and in line to train with the squad during their get-together in Atlanta, but conveniently left out the fact that the wing-back will foot his traveling expenses.

Last season, the defender appeared 27 times in the league for Barcelona II, logging 1,871 minutes in the process.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19582
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 12:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Forget Iheanacho, Iwobi, Nwosu tells Siasia
[/size]

Kelechi Iheanacho

Idris Adesina

Former Nigeria international, Henry Nwosu, has urged national U-23 coach, Samson Siasia, to focus on the players that would be available for the Rio 2016 Olympics, adding that the team could do well without the other players, whose clubs refused to release for the Games.

Siasia last week released the names of 35 players for the Olympics but some European clubs have said they won’t release their players for the competition. Manchester City are holding on to Kelechi Iheanacho just as Arsenal have said they will not release Alex Iwobi.

Some other players in the list have also yet to be released by their clubs for the team’s camping in the United States. Nwosu told our correspondent that as much as the overseas-based players were important, Siasia should focus on the players who are available and build a team the country would be proud of.

“The Olympics are quite near and it is a good thing that the coach has made his plans known. He should focus on the players at his disposal and work on them to build a good team before the Games begin,” he said.

“The players want to play at the Olympics but since their clubs have refused to release them because the Olympics is not in the FIFA calendar, there is little or nothing anyone can do about it. The players he has most of whom are home-based, can bring back a medal from Rio if they work as a team. He had done it before and he has the experience as a coach at this level.

“Siasia is a good coach and I believe he called the players based on their current forms. He should not dwell much on those whose clubs have refused to release. The friendly tournament they played recently showed the need for teamwork in the team and I believe he would work on their weakness to get the best out of them.

“As their training progresses, he will get the best legs he needs for the Olympics and gradually weed out the weak ones. When clubs do not release the good players you need for a competition, the challenge is quite high.”

but he should focus on the ones he has and look forward to having a great tournament.”
http://punchng.com/forget-iheanacho-iwobi-nwosu-tells-siasia/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3902738_kelechinwakali_jpeg4dd0f592e20227cd6a896790da7ef54a
Kelechi Nwakali

According to leaks gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com head coach of the Nigeria U-23s Samson Siasia has penciled down Arsenal teen signing Kelechi Nwakali as an emergency cover if Chelsea refuse to release Mikel Obi for Rio 2016 Olympics.

Doubts over Mikel’s availability has heightened over the past few days after confirmation from his agent that Chelsea are yet to respond to Nigeria’s request to have the midfielder as a part of their team for Rio 2016 Olympics.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Siasia is already drawing up back up plans if Chelsea refuse to release the 28 year old with Nwakali who is presently the captain of Nigeria U-20s part of his emergency plans.

Nwakali dominated the midfield of the Nigeria U-23s in a friendly against the U-20s, a performance that caught the attention of Siasia who told some of his assistants he wouldn’t mind having the 17 year old Arsenal bound midfielder in his team.

However at the moment, the coach is still comfortable with the midfielders at his disposal but will consider the midfielder if he suffers further disappointment from players in his 35 man provisional list for the Rio 2016 Olympics.

*Rasheed Michael
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/28/exclusive-arsenal-bound-nwakali-could-gatecrash-nigeria-rio-2016-team-if/
[/b]

If it's possible for Nwakali to turn down the offer, he should. He may get injured with the so called siaisia "rigorous training".

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]
Kelechi Nwakali

*Rasheed Michael
[/b]

If it's possible for Nwakali to turn down the offer, he should. He may get injured by the so called siaisia "rigorous training".
Preseason tourney is there for me to show case what he got for Arsenal..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
Other countries are getting their star players released for the games in Rio. But, here in Nigeria we keep waking up everyday to news that clubs are denying/blocking our pros from participating... What are we not getting right that those nations are getting right with ease?

Well with me I think it will be wise we take our u-17s now u-20s to the tournament rather than d left over bunch of below average/mediocre/players that have lost their forms. Atleast with them we have some entertaining football

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
No money for flight ticket for this promising young man but the NFF have money for Foreign Coach.

#BringBackMaigari

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Barcelona Starlet Ekpolo Explains Why He Rejected Chance To Train With Nigeria U23s
[/size]

Barcelona stopper Godswill Ekpolo has turned down an opportunity to train with Nigeria’s Olympic National Team in Atlanta, United States, and has returned to Spain ahead of the start of pre-season.

The 21-year-old was not named to the 35-man provisional roster announced last week, but team officials permitted him to travel with the squad to America on the proviso that he pays for his flight ticket.

“I am no longer in Nigeria, I left because they wanted me to buy my flight ticket to go to United States, ” says Godswill Ekpolo to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Asked if he will still join the squad in Atlanta, Ekpolo, who sounded disappointed, replied : “No, I am not joining them because they want me to pay from my money.”

Dream Team VI manager Siasia earlier revealed to this website that Ekpolo was in his plans for the Olympic Games and in line to train with the squad during their get-together in Atlanta, but conveniently left out the fact that the wing-back will foot his traveling expenses.

Last season, the defender appeared 27 times in the league for Barcelona II, logging 1,871 minutes in the process.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19582
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Wish Ekpolo the best. I do not think it will be hard for him to secure a club in Spain. Keep working hard young one.

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
OFFICIAL: BARCELONA RELEASE GODSWILL EKPOLO ELOHOR
[/size]

Nigeria U-23s invitee Godswill Ekpolo Elohor has been release by Spanish Champions Barcelona ending his eleven years stay with the Spanish giants despite been one of their best players last season.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that Barcelona informed the one time captain of their youth team that they won’t be taking up the option of renewing his deal which is set to expire at the end of June.

The news came as a surprise for the full back who was also excluded from Nigeria’s team for the Rio 2016 Olympics during the course of the week and only recently returned back to Spain where he was hoping to join his teammates in pre season.

A model professional, the 21 year old has always been known for his perseverance,discipline,humility, dedication,skills learning and improvement and has always been a starter for the various youth teams he has played for at Barcelona.

He joined Barcelona in 2005 helping the youth team win trophies at various youth levels, the pick of them been the Nike Premier Cup in 2010 and the UEFA Youth League in 2014.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/29/official-barcelona-release-godswill-ekpolo-elohor/
[/b]

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:
No money for flight ticket for this promising young man but the NFF have money for Foreign Coach.

#BringBackMaigari

Where is Forgiveness? This is another opportunity for you to bash the NFF and TheGoo........................
Remember later they will say somebody doesn't want to play for us. Luckily, this one was smart enough to blow alarm.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2016
Brazil's list... If Brazil can get their players released, then we must be able to force player release.

PSG
Barca
Lazio
Bayern

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Rio Olympics: FIFA confirm clubs don't have to release players to Nigeria
[/size]

Alex Iwobi will not be at the Olympics

World football governing body FIFA have confirmed that clubs are under no obligation to release their players for the Rio Olympic Games, a development which will surely not sit well with Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia.

Several players on the provisional list of 35 have been barred by their European clubs from representing Nigeria at the Olympic Games, despite pleas from the Nigeria Football Federation.

And FIFA have confirmed the club's are not obliged to release their players for the Games.

"The men’s Olympic Football Tournament is not included in the men’s international match calendar 2014-2018, which applies to all FIFA competitions with age restrictions, and thus clubs are not under any obligation to release players for the men’s Olympic Football Tournament," a FIFA spokesperson told AfricanFootball.com

"However, FIFA is asking for support from the clubs to allow players who are called up by their national teams to be given the chance to be part of the Olympic experience," the spokesperson said further.

By Chris Oguguo
http://africanfootball.com/news/632680/Rio-Olympics-FIFA-confirm-clubs-don-t-have-to-release-players-to-Nigeria
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia, ex-Falcons coach Okon also owed by NFF
[/size]

Nigeria Olympic Team Coach Samson Siasia.

More revelations have emerged on the non-payment of salaries to the coaches hired by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) after AfricanFootball.com reported Monday that Nigeria U20 coach, Emmanuel Amunke, has not been paid for seven months.

An AfricanFootball.com source has also confirmed that former Super Falcons coach Edwin Okon and Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia are being owed.

“Edwin Okon was being owed for seven months before the last FIFA senior women’s World Cup in Canada and he is still being owed as of today,” a highly-placed sourced confirmed to AfricanFootball.com

“(Samson) Siasia is also being owed as well. These are some of the coaches that are being owed by the NFF,” the source added.

Edwin Okon was on a N1million monthly salary before he left the post last June, and a source close to him informed that the NFF tried to pay part of the monies during the recent CAF A license coaching course in Abuja, which he rejected.

“They (NFF) tried to pay part of the monies they owe him during the recent CAF coaching course in Abuja, but he refused it. He demanded for the entire money to be paid, which hasn’t been done,” the source said.

Okon is however not the only one being owed, as Samson Siasia, who is set to lead the country to the Olympic Games in Brazil, is also being owed by the ‘Glass House’.

“Siasia is also being owed but I’m not sure for how long, but they haven’t paid him recently,” a source confirmed to AfricanFootball.com

By Chris Oguguo
http://africanfootball.com/news/632684/Siasia-ex-Falcons-coach-Okon-also-owed-by-NFF
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:10pm On Jun 30, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
BREAKING: PANATHINAIKOS PART WAYS WITH AJAGUN
[/size]

Former Nigeria U-20 captain Abdul Jeleel Ajagun has been released by Greek side Panathinaikos as part of their summer clear out according to reports reaching Owngoalnigeria.com.

He was released alongside Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien as Panathinaikos step up preparations for their UEFA Champions League qualifier.

Ajagun has been at Panathinaikos since 2013 when he moved from Dolphins of Porthacourt and immediately became a hit with the team until last season when he lost his spot in the team.

The 23 year old spent the second half of last season on loan to fellow top division side Levadiakos after making just 12 appearances for Panathinaikos and ended the season with a further 12 appearances for the team who finished 10th last season.

His career is yet to hit the height many thought it would when he moved from Dolphins after starring for Nigeria at two different edition of the U-20 World Youth Championship.

However his goal return of 10 from the midfield from a total of 79 appearances should put him in a good stead to get another club in Europe before the end of the summer transfer window.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/30/breaking-panathinaikos-part-ways-with-ajagun/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:28pm On Jun 30, 2016
Looks like La Guen is Nigeria's new coach... That is an excellent choice..

I hope NFF gives him the resources and time to succeed.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:57am On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]WATFORD-BOUND SUCCESS WRITES GRANADA AN EMOTIONAL LETTER[/size]

Watford-bound Nigeria striker Isaac Success has said he owes La Liga side Granada everything in an emotional goodbye letter to the Spanish club.

The Nigeria youth international is expected to join the ‘Hornets’ within the next few days, and said goodbye to Granada ahead of the move.

The letter read: “Today is a bittersweet day for me, because through this letter, I want to say goodbye to the best hobby that you can have, to my colleagues, all the workers in the club who have both supported me since I arrived in Granada, in addition to this city ​​that has given me everything.

“Two years ago I came to this amazing city, with a dream. I chased that dream since childhood and was playing in my town. From Benin City, it looked so far to play in Europe, to be a star, one of the greats, but thanks to the U17 World Cup in 2013 and I could begin to live it.

“I started in (the) youth, which I have only words of thanks to all my team-mates. Before the end of that season and I was summoned to the first team, and I felt that with my daily work, that dream would be a reality.”

He continued: “In the following season I was lucky enough to bet on me from the beginning, and I could grow within the Spanish first division, I could play against the best, I could enjoy so much in so little time we do not know how to describe in words these two years in this club that has made me grow and has given me everything I am today.

“I have to acknowledge all the coaches who bet on my terms over the years, but especially Sandoval and his technical team that gave me enough confidence to be better every day

“Heartfelt thanks to all who have been there, to all who have followed me. If you ever feel I have not given everything that was expected of me, but my intention has always been to give our best and beat me every day.

“Now I begin another professional stage, which would not have been possible without my learning and development in Granada.

“So, I leave thanking and saying this is not goodbye, it's a see you soon, because I hope that life throws my way again in this club that I owe so much.”

http://africanfootball.com/news/632690/Watford-bound-Success-says-he-owes-Granada-everything-in-goodbye-letter[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:12am On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]ISAAC SUCCESS TO BE UNVEILED BY WATFORD[/size]

Isaac Success is set to be unveiled as a Watford player after Granada announced his departure from the club.

Success has been linked with the likes of Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain this summer, but will put pen to paper on a deal at Vicarage Road as has been expected, owing to the club’s relationship with Granada, where he is currently on an international loan from Udinese.

The Nigerian penned a farewell letter on the Spanish club's website this afternoon, and they have confirmed Watford is expected to be his next destination for what could be a club-record free.

A price of between €9million to €11m has been touted for the Nigeria Under-20 forward, which the Watford Observer understand is broadly accurate.

His transfer has been speculated for some time and become more protracted throughout the summer, and last week it was suggested a move to Watford was imminent.

Success has been comfortable playing on either side of a front three or as an out-and-out striker during his time in Spain, and scored five goals in 30 games in La Liga last season.

The move was first mooted before the end of the season when Success' agent said he would turn down interest from Atletico Madrid and Valencia to sign for the Hornets.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/14591112.Watford_set_to_finalise_Success_signing/#comments-anchor

Isaac Success 2015-16 • Transfer | Watford Target 2016/2017 | Goals, Skills, Assists | HD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEsXWSRm4U0[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 9:42am On Jul 01, 2016
terzurum5:

Where is Forgiveness? This is another opportunity for you to bash the NFF and TheGoo........................
Remember later they will say somebody doesn't want to play for us. Luckily, this one was smart enough to blow alarm.

Sorry! I am just seeing the quote now.

So, una never see the handwriting on Siasia's kodo head sorry on the wall? Chai! grin

He has decided to take Sincere Seth, Musa Mohammed and Abdullahi Shehu to the Olympics hence the exclusion of Ekpolo Elohor from the provision list.

I don't blame NFF because they will follow and sponsor the players written on Mr Kodo's forehead.

Na to go dere go pick ball and be used as practice material na em Ekpolo Elohor go go do for camp na.

Me I don commot mind for Olympics tey tey less I develop high blood pressure come die put. Mbanu I refuse to die .

Well, I will still take style style support dem ooo but not at the detriment of my life. Beni!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by confun: 10:51am On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Isaac Success is set to be unveiled as a Watford player after Granada announced his departure from the club.

Success has been linked with the likes of Inter Milan and Paris Saint-Germain this summer, but will put pen to paper on a deal at Vicarage Road as has been expected, owing to the club’s relationship with Granada, where he is currently on an international loan from Udinese.

The Nigerian penned a farewell letter on the Spanish club's website this afternoon, and they have confirmed Watford is expected to be his next destination for what could be a club-record free.

A price of between €9million to €11m has been touted for the Nigeria Under-20 forward, which the Watford Observer understand is broadly accurate.

His transfer has been speculated for some time and become more protracted throughout the summer, and last week it was suggested a move to Watford was imminent.

Success has been comfortable playing on either side of a front three or as an out-and-out striker during his time in Spain, and scored five goals in 30 games in La Liga last season.

The move was first mooted before the end of the season when Success' agent said he would turn down interest from Atletico Madrid and Valencia to sign for the Hornets.

http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/14591112.Watford_set_to_finalise_Success_signing/#comments-anchor

Isaac Success 2015-16 • Transfer | Watford Target 2016/2017 | Goals, Skills, Assists | HD

wishingyou the best bro......
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 11:52am On Jul 01, 2016
I don't understand the exclusion of Ekpolo and Isaac Success.

In the Brazil match, the introduction of Ekpolo stabilized the defense. Excluding him is criminal in my opinion. There is no excuse for the exclusion of Isaac Success.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
Abegi... make dem unveil his jersey number jare... THE BEAST has "officially" landed in England.... in the world's most popular and most highly-intense league....

Success, Ighalo, and Deeney combo at Watford should be mouth-watering.... not forgetting Amrabat.

If only Watford can hold on to Deeney and Ighalo (heard they rejected a £38million bid for Ighalo).

joseph1013:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tizblink: 1:38pm On Jul 01, 2016
Very happy for Isaac Success!

C'mon bruv

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.