Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,442 members, 7,958,325 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:27 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (275) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (716525 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2016
[size=14pt]
Nigeria U23s Hold First Training Session In Mexico Ahead Friendly
[/size]

Allnigeriasoccer.com has been informed that the Nigeria U23s will hold their first training session in Mexico on Friday, 24 hours before they face off against the North Americans in an international friendly at the Aguascalientes Stadium.

The second batch of players and coach Samson Siasia landed in Mexico on Thursday, joining the earlier batch who were already in the country after their trip from Nigeria.

A minimum of 14 players, including three goalkeepers Daniel Akpeyi (Chippa United), Emmanuel Daniel ( Enugu Rangers) and Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars), are presently in Mexico.

After the friendly on Saturday, the squad will return to Atlanta to continue their preparations for the Olympic Games.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19611
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Update: No Headway In Negotiations For Watford Target Uche Agbo
[/size]

Representatives of Udinese midfielder Uche Agbo continue to thrash out terms with Watford over the transfer of the former Nigeria U20 international.

Talks with the Hornets higher-ups started around the same time as that involving Isaac Success, who has already arrived in the United Kingdom to join his new team, whereas there has been no headway in negotiations for Agbo.

“We are discussing personal terms with Watford but nothing has been agreed. We are hoping to conclude talks this month, ” said Uche’s representative Dominic Egbukwu to allnigeriasoccer.com.

Uche Agbo penned a professional contract with Udinese along with Isaac Success in January 2014, but the two players were immediately farmed out on loan to sister club Granada to continue their development.

The former Enyimba star made Granada’s starting line-up in La Liga three times last term.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19607
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Isaac Success Jets Into London For Watford Pre-Season; Passes Medical
[/size]

Nigeria youth international Isaac Success has jetted into London to resume pre-season training at English Premier League club Watford.

After close to five months of negotiations, the BJ Foundation product and his intermediaries have agreed personal terms with the Hornets and has already passed a medical examination, paving the way for the striker to complete his move.

“Isaac Success has signed a five-year deal with Watford, he has been in London since three days ago, ” Success’s representative Dominic Egbukwu told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“We have agreed personal terms with Watford though there are still some details to be ironed out. The deal is good for him, the wages are good for him.

“He can replace Troy Deeney or Odion Ighalo if they are sold. He did well at Granada and will do better at Watford. ”

Last season, Success, 20, appeared 30 times in La Liga and netted 6 goals (5 assists).

Ifeanyi Emmanuel
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19606
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 5:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
Let me ask: how does Success qualify to play in England when he does not have the 75% playing time for the National team required in the English Premier League?

cc: tbaba1234, forgiveness, the goodjoe et al

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
French club Lorient target Musa Mohammed
[/size]

Musa Mohammed - Wanted in France.

French Ligue 1 club Lorient are interested in signing Nigeria defender Musa Mohammed from Turkish club Istanbul Basaksehir FK, AfricanFootball.com can exclusively report.

Musa, 19, has two more years left on his contract at his Turkish Super Liga club, who value him at around 2 million Euros.

“Lorient are interested in Musa, but he has a number of other options this summer in Belgium and Germany and he could well move to another club during this window,” a top source told AfricanFootball.com

Last season, Lorient placed 15th on the 20-team Ligue 1 table.

Musa is an all-action right back armed with total commitment.

In March, the Nigeria U17 and U20 captain won much-awaited full international caps against Mali and Luxembourg.

He is also on the provisional squad for the Rio Olympics in August.
http://africanfootball.com/news/632721/French-club-Lorient-target-Musa-Mohammed
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Omeruo rejoins Chelsea Monday, yet to agree terms with Besiktas
[/size]

Omeruo in Chelsea Training

by Samm Audu

Nigeria defender Kenneth Omeruo will rejoin English Premier League side Chelsea on Monday after holidaying in Nigeria and he has not yet agreed personal terms with Turkish champions Besiktas.

“Kenneth will rejoin Chelsea for training on Monday,” a source told AfricanFootball.com

“His loan move to Besiktas is going well but nothing has been agreed because he has not discussed personal terms with the Turkish club.”

As we first reported, Besiktas cannot buy the Nigeria international defender outrightly because they will run foul of the UEFA financial fair play and so the loan deal.

However, they could have the option to buy him from Chelsea at the end of the season-long loan at the Istanbul giants.

Omeruo has so far been loaned out by Chelsea to Dutch club ADO Den Haag, Middlesbrough and Kasimpasa of Turkey.
http://africanfootball.com/news/632698/Omeruo-rejoins-Chelsea-Monday-yet-to-agree-terms-with-Besiktas
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:
Let me ask: how does Success qualify to play in England when he does not have the 75% playing time for the National team required in the English Premier League?

Honestly, I do not understand the rules for the Work Permit. It seems maybe they take playing time in a club in a European League as an option.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 6:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:

That crosses my mind,however,having played 2 seasons in big leagues like La Liga, serie A and bundesliga qualifies him perhaps

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 7:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Well, that I don't know but has he been issued visa?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:

Same way Odion Ighalo was qualified to play in England before his senior international debute.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
BREAKING: PANATHINAIKOS PART WAYS WITH AJAGUN
[/size]

Former Nigeria U-20 captain Abdul Jeleel Ajagun has been released by Greek side Panathinaikos as part of their summer clear out according to reports reaching Owngoalnigeria.com.

He was released alongside Ghanaian midfielder Michael Essien as Panathinaikos step up preparations for their UEFA Champions League qualifier.

Ajagun has been at Panathinaikos since 2013 when he moved from Dolphins of Porthacourt and immediately became a hit with the team until last season when he lost his spot in the team.

The 23 year old spent the second half of last season on loan to fellow top division side Levadiakos after making just 12 appearances for Panathinaikos and ended the season with a further 12 appearances for the team who finished 10th last season.

His career is yet to hit the height many thought it would when he moved from Dolphins after starring for Nigeria at two different edition of the U-20 World Youth Championship.

However his goal return of 10 from the midfield from a total of 79 appearances should put him in a good stead to get another club in Europe before the end of the summer transfer window.

*Daniel Martins
http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/06/30/breaking-panathinaikos-part-ways-with-ajagun/
[/b]

Too bad. Hope another European club picks him up as quickly as possible.

Forgiveness na ur boy be this o.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:20pm On Jul 01, 2016
terzurum5:

Nigeria's U-23 Far From Ready For Rio Olympic Games - Siasia
Augustine Akhilomen[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Samson Siasia

Ahead of the Rio Olympic Games, the technical crew of the Nigeria's U-23 team have admitted that the poor performances of the players in recent friendly matches and competitive games seem to be giving them cause for worry.

After winning the CAF U-23 Nations Cup in Senegal in 2015, the Dream Team have been struggling for results, something which was noticed at the Suwon four Nations tournament where the team lost 1-0 to Korea, 6-2 to Denmark before defeating Honduras 3-1 in their last match to place third on the log.

Besides, their recent 4-2 loss against the Flying Eagles on Saturday at the Abuja National Stadium, has further highlighted the team's poor defensive record.

With the Rio Olympic Games just two months away, U-23 coach, Samson Siasia has revealed to soccernet.com.ng that the team's far from been prepared for the tournament.

"I am still not happy with the situation of things in the team considering the fact that the Rio Olympic Games is just around the corner," Siasia informed.

"I am particularly interested in getting players who are determined and ready to make Nigeria proud. I don't really think the team is ready as it is now because we hope to infuse a few players into the team.

"Losing to the Flying Eagles wasn't pleasant but it will only help us to identify our weaknesses ahead of the main tournament." he concluded."
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/06/nigerias-u-23-far-from-ready-for-rio.html
[/b]

This is Lamentations chapter 1 vs 2.
U jst blew away d opportunity of becoming d eagles coach with dat Egypt clash.

Now u have set ur self on the path of perpetual block out from the national teams.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tizblink: 8:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
Seriously ion like what's happening to Omeruo at Chelsea.
Loan here, loan there.

If they don't want the lad they should sell him
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
Icon4s:

Same way Odion Ighalo was qualified to play in England before his senior international debute.
Ighalo didn't come straight to the EPL, remember? He was on loan to Watford while in the Championship.

TheSuperNerd, any help?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:
Ighalo didn't come straight to the EPL, remember? He was on loan to Watford while in the Championship.

TheSuperNerd, any help?

Maybe the work permit rules apply to players coming from clubs or regions outside Europe.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Maybe the work permit rules apply to players coming from clubs or regions outside Europe.
I just found it. It's due to the European Union pact. There is free movement of players from any club to another as long as both countries are in the EU. It will change though when Britain finalizes its exit from the EU in October.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:
I just found it. It's due to the European Union pact. There is free movement of players from any club to another as long as both countries are in the EU. It will change though when Britain finalizes its exit from the EU in October.

Let England continue tightening their Work Permit rules. They do not know that it is making their National team weak. This causes Inflation on their players and make it easier for wack English boys to become big players without true talents.

England should focus more on improving their Underage performances. When last did A young English National team win a trophy or put up a good competition in an Underage competition.

Let them continue focusing on Work Permit and let their National team keep getting worse.

4 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by forgiveness: 10:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Icon4s:

He was doing very well before the r.... Coach came to the club. He will definitely get a club.

Nigerian coaches are are not helping matters because they would not have released him like that if he is in Nigeria National team.

We know he deserves a call up to the National team with his exploit these passed three seasons with Panathinaikos-fc but Nepotism, na my brother etc made the bigot coaches turn around for mediocre players. That's all.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by papinx(m): 11:26pm On Jul 01, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Let England continue tightening their Work Permit rules. They do not know that it is making their National team weak. This causes Inflation on their players and make it easier for wack English boys to become big players without true talents.

England should focus more on improving their Underage performances. When last did A young English National team win a trophy or put up a good competition in an Underage competition.

Let them continue focusing on Work Permit and let their National team keep getting worse.

A great observation you made there boss. Routinely, English players are the most overhyped set of players and they have nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by papinx(m): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
joseph1013:

The highly cherished EPL may suffer from paucity of big names cause of the Brexit move.

#TeamFynestboi
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:31am On Jul 02, 2016
forgiveness:

He was doing very well before the r.... Coach came to the club. He will definitely get a club.

Nigerian coaches are are not helping matters because they would not have released him like that if he is in Nigeria National team.

We know he deserves a call up to the National team with his exploit these passed three seasons with Panathinaikos-fc but Nepotism, na my brother etc made the bigot coaches turn around for mediocre players. That's all.

I agree with you. For instance, Ajagun had more to offer to the Super Eagles than Onobi Oliseh waved like the next best thing since Paul Scholes. If Ajagun got the kind of playing time in the National team that Oliseh used on Onobi, Ajagun will not be in this position.

No doubt, a club will snap him up and it will be a good bargain for the club.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:10am On Jul 02, 2016
joseph1013:

TheSuperNerd, any help?

Even when Watford jst got promoted to d EPL Ighalo was yet to feature for the Super Eagles. The thing is some these rules are nt straight and there are usually exceptions

Another eg did Gabriel Paulista of Arsenal make the 75% play time for Brazil before moving to Arsenal?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:12am On Jul 02, 2016
joseph1013:

Ok. Well then.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:21am On Jul 02, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I agree with you. For instance, Ajagun had more to offer to the Super Eagles than Onobi Oliseh waved like the next best thing since Paul Scholes. If Ajagun got the kind of playing time in the National team that Oliseh used on Onobi, Ajagun will not be in this position.

No doubt, a club will snap him up and it will be a good bargain for the club.

Players selection. That was y I wanted Keshi out. Oliseh came and same issue. Siasia too is nt left out.
A fantastic goal poucher like Isaac Success has repeatedly been ignored by successive coaches.
I have given up d idea of local coaches.
Let me see if a new foreign technical adviser would ignore Success

I have given up the idea of local coaches.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:02am On Jul 02, 2016
Icon4s:

Players selection. That was y I wanted Keshi out. Oliseh came and same issue. Siasia too is nt left out.
A fantastic goal poucher like Isaac Success has repeatedly been ignored by successive coaches.
I have given up d idea of local coaches.
Let me see if a new foreign technical adviser would ignore Success

I have given up the idea of local coaches.

Remember, we had the same problem with Berti Vogtz and Lars Lagerback. The same players repeating themselves on the list and most notably Obafemi Martins repeatedly left out of the starting line or sub roles despite him being fire.

Remember the same confusion under Philippe Trousierre until we let him go.

Our problem lies upstairs in the NFF building. As long as we have self centered folks with their agenda running our football, it will be hard for coaches to succeed.

I think the best we had in recent years was actually Coach Keshi's winning AFCON list and the man went through hell before, during and after the tourney.

I remember Coach Keshi calling Aaron Samuel and all hell was released on Coach Keshi.

I still feel the best we have is still Coach Keshi. We had many critical points but his list towards the end of the qualifiers before Hope Akpan's injury was spot on.

That is when he played Onazi as a right back and Hope Akpan behind Mikel.

I agree player selection has been our problem for years. Oliseh and Siasia were terrible. I do not know if a foreign coach can solve the problem because the NFF have too much power to tamper with the Coach's progress.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2016
Icon4s:

gringrin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
ABIA WARRIORS TRADE WORDS WITH WYDAD CASABLANCA OVER LILLE TARGET CHIKATARA
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/02/abia-warriors-trade-words-with-wydad-casablanca-over-lille-target-chikatara/[/img]
Nigeria Premier League side Abia Warriors are embroiled in a war if words with Moroccan side Wydad Casablanca with the Casablanca outfit announcing they have captured the 22 year old forward even though the Nigerians are insisting the transfer has fallen through.

Wydad announced on their official website that they have received the International Transfer Certificate (ITC) of the forward who was the shining light of a dour AFCON 2016 campaign for Nigeria.

Shortly after the announcement Owngoalnigeria.com spoke with the Abia Warriors Chairman over the claims of the Moroccans because as exclusively broken by us months ago his transfer to Wydad Casablanca has fallen through.

“We are not aware of any business with them, we had an agreement which they didn’t honour and the deal was cancelled, no one has given them his ITC, we don’t have any business with them” He told Owngoalnigeria.com.

Owngoalnigeria.com exclusively gathered that the forward who is a target for Lille of France could depart the shores of Nigeria on Wednesday for France but the recent claims by Wydad Casablanca could derail his impending transfer.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/02/abia-warriors-trade-words-with-wydad-casablanca-over-lille-target-chikatara/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:59am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria La Liga 2013/14 Watford
5 Reasons 12 million pounds-man Isaac will be a success at Watford
[/size]
Watford broke a club transfer record when they snapped up Isaac Success from La Liga side Granada CF for 12.5 million pounds and now.

AfricanFootball.com gives five compelling reasons the young Nigeria striker will be a hit in the English Premier League.

5. He is a team player
Success commitment is whole-hearted and he works hard for the team now as a professional. In his younger days, the team played for him, but with time and more experience, he now grafts also for the group. His work rate is phenomenal now that he is less prolific than he was as a schoolboy international star.

4. A battle-hardened campaigner
This will be his third year in Europe and during which time, he has survived two relegation scraps, which could only have toughened him in this cruel world of football. His stint in Europe must have gone a long way in making his switch to Europe a lot easier especially as he has yet to be capped atfull international level by Nigeria.

3. A versatile front man
He is first and foremost a top striker, but has also now been known to play as a second striker or on the wings, where he uses his pace and power to go past his marker.

2. Hungry for success
Success was The Star of the 2013 U17 African Championship in Morocco as he outshone the likes of Kelechi Iheanacho now of Manchester City and Taiwo Awoniyi, who has since teamed up with Liverpool. He is now fired up to reclaim his place as Nigeria’s most promising young player after a hamstring ended his FIFA U17 World Cup campaign prematurely three years ago and he failed to shine at the 2015 FIFA U20 World Cup in New Zealand.

Having compatriot Odion Ighalo at Vicarage Road can only quicken his integration to his new life and surroundings.

1. A warrior
With his speed, power, size and all-action style, he is a warrior and he will not be out of place in the fast-paced English Premier League. He will be more than willing to get into duels with some of the meanest defenders in the league, just as he did in Spain, where he suffered a serious facial injury as a result of a contest and had to wear a protective face mask. As long as he is fit, he will keep his marker on his toes for the entire game.
africanfootball.com/news/632736/5-Reasons-12-million-pounds-man-Isaac-will-be-a-success-at-Watford
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:33am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea stars confirmed for Rio Olympic Games
[/size]
[img]https://2.bp..com/-veRj1tnoHGk/V3Zbdv9yP_I/AAAAAAAAAbs/1cLvgtLT3CwIzc2AslujRc-mO7k3i86RwCLcB/s1600/1230155-Soccer-Mikel-John-Obi-of-Chelsea-PI-SW.vresize.1200.675.high.93.jpg[/img]
There is finally some reason to smile for Nigeria U-23 Coach, Samson Siasia following the cheering news that the Chelsea duo of John Obi Mikel as well as Kenneth Omeruo who was last season sent on loan to Super Lig side Kasimpasa will both be available for the Rio Olympics.

Aside the duo of Mikel and Omeruo, Coach Siasia also confirmed that he has enough cover in-between the sticks as South Africa based Daniel Akpeyi has also given the green lights that he would be available not just for the tournament but also for the training camp in the United States.

“We have some players that have promised to join us and they have shown commitment like Wilfred Ndidi who has assured us that he will join us in America.

“Other players that also promised to come are: goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi, Kenneth Omeruo and Mikel Obi. These are the players that are confirmed for now,” Siasia was quoted as saying on Goal.

“If we can get all these players with the ones with us already and we can play the way we want them to play I am sure we will have the chance to fight for the gold medal at stake in the Olympics.

“But like I have been saying it won’t be easy at all at the Olympics but we will try and push this team to the level needed to compete for honours in this high level of competition”, the Dream Team VI Coach added.

Siasia also confirmed that Ndidi, Omeruo and Akpeyi have shown their interest for the team’s friendly against Mexico in the United States of America on July 2 before facing Honduras on July 27, 2016.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/chelsea-stars-confirmed-for-rio-olympic.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:35am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nolito joins Iheanacho at Manchester City
[/size]
Nigeria international Kelechi Iheanacho has received a new teammateat Manchester City after the club announced the capture of Spanish star Nolito on a four-year-deal and he will wear the number 9 jersey.

Nolito becomes the Etihad giants second major signing this summer after they captured German international IIkay Gundogan from Borussia Dortmund and interestingly, the Spaniard had played under new City manager Pep Guardiola in the past as he gained his senior team cap at Barcelona under Guardiola, making five appearances in the 2010/11 campaign.

However, things did not turn out for the player as wanted as he switched sides to Celta Vigo where he blossomed and got a call-up for the national team and was one of the standout performers at the Euro 2016 for Spain despite crashing out in the round of 16 to Italy.

“I’ll try to bring as much as I possibly can,” Nolito told Manchester City’s official website.

“I’ll do everything that the manager asks of me, try my absolute best and do everything I can to try to repeat the form I’ve shown throughout my career at various clubs.

“It’s just about trying to play my normal game and let’s hope that I can help Manchester City to win games.

“I think that Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. He knows a lot about the game and he’s going to help me progress as a player and I’m sure he’ll get the best out of me.”

Nolito joins the Citizens from Celta Vigo where he spent three seasons, scoring 39 goals in 103 appearances.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/nolito-joins-iheanacho-at-manchester.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria's U-23 Square Up Against Mexico U-23
[/size]
[img]http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/nigerias-u-23-square-up-against-mexico.html[/img]
As part of preparation for the Rio Olympic Games Men's football event, the Nigeria's U-23 team, popularly known as the Dream Team VI will confront Mexico in a friendly match at the Aguascalientes Stadium on Saturday.

Having failed to make a good impression at the Suwon four nation tournaments where the team came third behind teams like South Korea and Denmark, team's coach, Samson Siasia, who has already been feeling the heat, knows that an appreciable impact could help motivate the players for the major tournament.

The team are in US intensifying preparation for one of the greatest sports showpiece in the world and have 14 players in camp with the regular names such as Daniel Akpeyi, Musa Muhammad, Azubuike Okechukwu, Stanley Amuzie, Abdullahi Shehu, Usman Mohammed and Saturday Erimuya.

The Dream Team lost their last friendly encounter against the Flying Eagles 4-3 last week Saturday and would be hoping to make amends by beating the Mexican U-23 team on Saturday.

Meanwhile, Siasia's wish to have Mikel Obi and Kenneth Omeruo to his squad have seen the light of the day after Chelsea gave them the greenlight to feature at the Rio Olympic Games starting on August 5.
www.soccernet.com.ng/2016/07/nigerias-u-23-square-up-against-mexico.html
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:47am On Jul 02, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Siasia begs US Embassy to release 4 players’ visasby Segun Ogunjimi
[/size]

Dream Team VIhandler, Samson Siasia has urged the American Embassy in Nigeria to conclude the good work they have done, with regards to the prompt release of US visas to members of his team who are yet to join his squad in the United States of America.

As of now 18 players and nine officials are already in the US while the Media Officer of the team, Timi Ebikagboro and four players namely: Julius Emiloju, Sani Modibo, Christian Madu and David Itoro are still waiting for the release of their US visas.

Siasia told NationSport yesterday that the others will join them in Atlanta, USA.

“I am using this medium to beg the officials of the American Embassy to continue the good work they have done so far by issuing the remaining visas to four of my players: Julius Emiloju, Sani Modibo, Christian Madu, David Itoro and our team’s Media Officer Timi Ebikagboro so that we can start our full preparations for the Rio Olympics. As soon as these people get their visas they will meet us in Atlanta”, Siasia told NationSport from the United States of America yesterday.
thenationonlineng.net/siasia-begs-us-embassy-release-4-players-visas/
[/b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.