Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,155 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697501 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:15am On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Why set me target when Nigeria are 70th in the world - Le Guen
[/size]

Paul Le Guen

Paul Le Guen objected to Nigeria setting him a target because “your team are not doing well, they are 70th in the world”, a top official has revealed to AfricanFootball.com

“He said he will only take the job and see how things play and so there was no basis to set a target for him as the Super Eagles are now doing well and hence their ranking as 70th team in the world by FIFA,” an official said.

Interestingly, during the technical committee media briefing announcing their recommendations, they made it clear that no target was set for the coach even though he was to be appointed to lead Nigeria’s qualifying campaign for the 2018 World Cup.

Le Guen also maintained he will rather shuttle between France and Nigeria rather than reside in Nigeria as Eagles coach.

“He wanted to fly in and out for Nigeria’s games and not live in the country, similar to what Berti Vogts did when he was in charge of the Eagles in 2008,” the official further disclosed.

By Kola Daniel
http://africanfootball.com/news/633978/Why-set-me-target-when-Nigeria-are-70th-in-the-world-Le-Guen
[/b]

NFF, you see what happens when you offer jobs to kangaroo coaches simply because they are pale-skinned?

See this one moaning about an idiotic FIFA-ranking, we haven't even played one game and he can already see his failure, hence his refusal to take the job. Amodu was raising the dead from the ashes when he was alive and this one is admiring FIFA ranking that ranked Belgium number one

Tomorrow, when Salisu qualifies the team for the World Cup, this anumanu will come forward to steal his glory and take the team to Russia.

Opportunists, all of them! These foreign coaches are never willing to work for things, but will happily revel in someone else's glory.

In fact, if I hear anybody mention foreign coach again on this thread till after that World Cup.... *collects thegoodjoe's plank*.. .. I will plank sense into that person's head

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:17am On Jul 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Watford Record Buy Success Left Behind In Hertfordshire, Plays For U21 Team
[/size]

Nigeria youth international Isaac Success has not traveled to Austria with the first team of Watford, and is undergoing pre-season training and testing at London Colney, the official website of the Hornets has reported.

The 20-year-old featured for the Hornets U21 team in their 2-2 draw with Chivas in a behind-closed-doors friendly on Tuesday afternoon.

Hailed as the Nigerian Messi, Ogo Obi opened his account in pre-season, scoring Watford’s first goal from the penalty spot.

Meanwhile, Super Eagles star Odion Ighalo and Ikechi Anya are with the first team and took part in the friendly against Union Berlin at Stadion St. Andrä this evening, which ended 3-1 in favour of the English side.

The Vicarage Stadium outfit are in Austria for a week-long training camp and will tackle Russian team Anzhi Makhachkala next on July 23.

Igho Kingsley
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19809
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:26am On Jul 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Go For Westerhof, Bonfrere Or Siasia-Eseka
[/size]

Peter Edema

Lagos – The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been advised against appointing a neophyte as coach of the Super Eagles on the premise that it is too late in the day for the World Cup qualifying tournament.

Rather, the NFF was told to go for coaches who have managed the team in the past, since they don’t have to start studying the players.
In this category are Clemence Westerhof, Bonfrere Jo and Samson Siasia, who need not apply for the job again. There is also Salisu yusuf, Austin Eguavoen and Christian Chukwu.

Chris Eseka, FIFA Accredited Players’ Agent, who said this on Tuesday following Paul Le Guen’s rejection of the Super Eagles’ job noted that it was a blessing in disguise that the Frenchman did not accept the offer.

Le Guen, he said, would have failed because he would need a minimum of 18 months to study Nigerian players.

“Why employ a coach, who doesn’t know the mentality of your players. He will need a minimum of 18 months to study your players and understand their mentality. Whatever pattern you have in your head as a coach, you need to know the players that will fit into your pattern.

“The mentality of Nigerian players is different from European players, even other African players, so for a new coach to come, he will need about two years to study them and how to relate with them.

“I will recommend that the NFF turn to coaches that have managed the team in the past, considering the time lag before the World Cup qualifiers.

“I will recommend Westerhof who has showed interest in coaching the team, Bonfere Jo, who have equally showed interest. However, if they don’t want to go for these coaches, I think Siasia is their best option in this circumstance.

“I would have recommended Stephen Keshi but he is no more. It’s sad that Keshi is dead, he would have been the best option in this circumstance,” said Eseka.

He said that Le Guen was a failure as an African coach, noting that at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, though he qualified Cameroon for the tournament, he was a failure in terms of managing the players. There were disciplinary problem in the team.
http://independentnig.com/2016/07/20/go-for-westerhof-bonfrere-or-siasia-eseka/
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:32am On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:
NFF, you see what happens when you offer jobs to kangaroo coaches simply because they are pale-skinned?

See this one moaning about an idiotic FIFA-ranking, we haven't even played one game and he can already see his failure, hence his refusal to take the job. Amodu was raising the dead from the ashes when he was alive and this one is admiring FIFA ranking that ranked Belgium number one

Tomorrow, when Salisu qualifies the team for the World Cup, this anumanu will come forward to steal his glory and take the team to Russia.

Opportunists, all of them! These foreign coaches are never willing to work for things, but will happily revel in someone else's glory.

In fact, if I hear anybody mention foreign coach again on this thread till after that World Cup.... *collects thegoodjoe's plank*.. .. I will plank sense into that person's head

I will still say it. Organize a tough friendly match before the qualifiers. Against foreign team like Belgium or Spain. Check if Coach Salisu is good enough.

If he delivers, let him continue. I do not understand this Pinnick man. Seriously. As much as I like Coaches who plays the beautiful brand of the game, there is nothing far this man will offer that Coach Amunike can not offer. Coach Amunike played the Tiki Taka wella even more than this Paul Le Guen.

Coach Amunike is even a graduate from a coaching school that teaches these principles.

Amaju Pinnick is just out to continue disgracing us.

Give the coach your terms. If he does not agree, leave him and let our coaches continue their work. Pinnick should stop these distractions. The boys are ready to play for Coach Salisu Yusuf. Allow them move on.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:35am On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Peter Edema

Lagos – The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has been advised against appointing a neophyte as coach of the Super Eagles on the premise that it is too late in the day for the World Cup qualifying tournament.

Rather, the NFF was told to go for coaches who have managed the team in the past, since they don’t have to start studying the players.
In this category are Clemence Westerhof, Bonfrere Jo and Samson Siasia, who need not apply for the job again. There is also Salisu yusuf, Austin Eguavoen and Christian Chukwu.

Chris Eseka, FIFA Accredited Players’ Agent, who said this on Tuesday following Paul Le Guen’s rejection of the Super Eagles’ job noted that it was a blessing in disguise that the Frenchman did not accept the offer.

Le Guen, he said, would have failed because he would need a minimum of 18 months to study Nigerian players.

“Why employ a coach, who doesn’t know the mentality of your players. He will need a minimum of 18 months to study your players and understand their mentality. Whatever pattern you have in your head as a coach, you need to know the players that will fit into your pattern.

“The mentality of Nigerian players is different from European players, even other African players, so for a new coach to come, he will need about two years to study them and how to relate with them.

“I will recommend that the NFF turn to coaches that have managed the team in the past, considering the time lag before the World Cup qualifiers.

“I will recommend Westerhof who has showed interest in coaching the team, Bonfere Jo, who have equally showed interest. However, if they don’t want to go for these coaches, I think Siasia is their best option in this circumstance.

“I would have recommended Stephen Keshi but he is no more. It’s sad that Keshi is dead, he would have been the best option in this circumstance,” said Eseka.

He said that Le Guen was a failure as an African coach, noting that at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, though he qualified Cameroon for the tournament, he was a failure in terms of managing the players. There were disciplinary problem in the team.
[/b]

Coach Salisu Yusuf is the best option for now because he is ahead in preparation and has worked with the current team. Coach Salisu Yusuf has his team ready.

Let us give him a chance before looking for another option.

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:37am On Jul 20, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Don’t Blame Siasia, If Nigeria Fail – Nwosu
[/size]

Chibuike Chukwu

Lagos

Henry Nwosu (MON), former Super Eagles captain, believes that the Ministry of Sports and the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) were not fair to Samson Siasia and the U-23 team ahead of the Rio 2016 Olympics.

Nwosu said that the team lacked adequate preparation ahead of the Games, warning that nobody should blame the coach if the team fails in Brazil.

He said that the lip service to the Olympics preparation was not limited to football alone, while blaming what may likely be a fruitless Olympics participation in Brazil on the authorities.

“Sincerely, I feel for Siasia because he did not have the best of trainings going into the Olympic Games. Things are not done that way and believe me, if care is not taking, the Dream Team will not represent Nigeria well in Brazil after all that we have achieved at that level,” he said.

“How can the sports ministry and the NFF allow such poor preparation to the point I learnt that the team was stranded in the United States? The coach shouldn’t be blamed for any poor performance at the Games.”

Continuing, Nwosu lashed at the authorities for the overall poor preparation of Nigerian contingents to the Olympic Games, saying that the authorities should be held accountable should team Nigeria fails.

“Based on the reports that we get, I have this feelings that this Olympic Games may be difficult for Team Nigeria. But if it turns out so, the authorities should be ready to bear the blames because they have failed to prepare Nigerian athletes for the events,” he said.
http://independentnig.com/2016/07/19/dont-blame-siasia-if-nigeria-fail-nwosu/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:44am On Jul 20, 2016

The Difference between Le Guen and Salisu Yusuv is colour of the skin and nothing more. Show me Coach Le Guen's CV then I will tell you Nigerian Coaches are equal to the task. All we need is a long term approach. Lets hire our own home based Coaches and give them the necessary sponsorship for refresher courses, exposure and the motivation to succeed. Le Guen may not take us anywhere.

I repeat if we can't hire grade 'A' Coaches then we should forget it.

[size=14pt]
Yusuf Not Good For Eagles – Okpara
[/size]

Steve Oma-Ofozor

Lagos

Godwin Okpara has said that the Super Eagles of Nigeria deserve a quality coach noting that Salisu Yusuf does not have the necessary experience to handle the team.

The former Eagles defence ace made the statement recently while responding to the employment of a coach for the senior national team.

According to Okpara who was in the Eagles’ France ’98 World Cup squad, “I know Yusuf has been coaching in the local scene and doing well; but he doesn’t really have what it takes, the necessary experience to handle the Super Eagles.”

In this regard, Okpara affirmed Le Guen for the job: “Eagles need a quality and experience coach in the calibre of Le Guen. This is a coach I know very well; his record in Europe and Africa has been very good.”

The former Nigerian U-17 star also asserted that a quality and experienced coach would add some credence to the performance of the players in all ramification.

“If a quality and experienced coach is handling a team, it will build up the confidence of the players which will also add to their performance,” he said.

It would be recalled that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) shortlisted three coaches for the Eagles plum job which also included Tom Saintfeit of Belgium.
http://independentnig.com/2016/07/19/yusuf-not-good-for-eagles-okpara/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:50am On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
[/size]

Peter Edema

[/b]

so, somebody is still mentioning Siasia as an option for the SE job even as he's about to bury whatever is left of his CV in a pile of failure?

Honestly, sometimes, I just feel these NFF and their associates should be rounded up and sent to a maximum security prison in China

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:

Take am easy oooo
Biko my head dey window side ooooo.
NFF are only looking ways to eat tax payers money, that's all.
They will never go for a sound foreign Coach, but one they can negotiate with in their own selfish interest.

Just ask your self.
NFF does not have money to settle the backlog of salaries and allowances of home Coaches which are less, but have that much to hire foreign mediocre.

I weep for this nonsense.

Runs out of thread...
Struggles with Safarigirl over TheGoodJoe's Plank to Plank on Amaju Pinnick's head.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:

The Difference between Le Guen and Salisu Yusuv is colour of the skin and nothing more. Show me Coach Le Guen's CV then I will tell you Nigerian Coaches are equal to the task. All we need is a long term approach. Lets hire our own home based Coaches and give them the necessary sponsorship for refresher courses, exposure and the motivation to succeed. Le Guen may not take us anywhere.

[size=14pt]
[/size]

Steve Oma-Ofozor

Lagos

Godwin Okpara has said that the Super Eagles of Nigeria deserve a quality coach noting that Salisu Yusuf does not have the necessary experience to handle the team.

The former Eagles defence ace made the statement recently while responding to the employment of a coach for the senior national team.

According to Okpara who was in the Eagles’ France ’98 World Cup squad, “I know Yusuf has been coaching in the local scene and doing well; but he doesn’t really have what it takes, the necessary experience to handle the Super Eagles.”

In this regard, Okpara affirmed Le Guen for the job: “Eagles need a quality and experience coach in the calibre of Le Guen. This is a coach I know very well; his record in Europe and Africa has been very good.”

The former Nigerian U-17 star also asserted that a quality and experienced coach would add some credence to the performance of the players in all ramification.

“If a quality and experienced coach is handling a team, it will build up the confidence of the players which will also add to their performance,” he said.

It would be recalled that the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) shortlisted three coaches for the Eagles plum job which also included Tom Saintfeit of Belgium.

this one is just another black man with inferiority complex

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:
so, somebody is still mentioning Siasia as an option for the SE job even as he's about to bury whatever is left of his CV in a pile of failure?

Honestly, sometimes, I just feel these NFF and their associates should be rounded up and sent to a maximum security prison in China
China abi Nigeria, you wan make them go enjoy?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2016
No need for Plank. This is what Amaju Pinnick needs.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:

[size=14pt]
[/size]

Steve Oma-Ofozor

Lagos

What is so exceptional about Salisu Yusuf's C.V? Having managed Elkanemi warriors, Kano pillars and Enyimba and being 2nd assistant to Siasia and Keshi. I mean it's not like he has been pulling up trees in our local league. Even the NPFL he won with Kano, its questionable because he benefited from board room points. Yes I understand he's got advantage because he's on ground but his CV those not have any "wow" factor. Am sorry
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

What is so exceptional about Salisu Yusuf's C.V? Having managed Elkanemi warriors, Kano pillars and Enyimba and being 2nd assistant to Siasia and Keshi. I mean it's not like he has been pulling up trees in our local league. Even the NPFL he won with Kano, its questionable because he benefited from board room points. Yes I understand he's got advantage because he's on ground but his CV those not have any "wow" factor. Am sorry

That is why I said we should test before jumping. I doubt Paul Le Guen would cope with the situation of our local League. It is a tough terrain.

Paul Le Guen is not spectacular if we take away his spell at Lyon. He is also a volatile person. So there is no guarantee his trophies. He does not want targets.

I would like to see us test what we have before looking outside.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
terzurum5:

China abi Nigeria, you wan make them go enjoy?
dem go dey do padi padi if ns naija, those yeye prison wardens go even give them iPad to be disturbing us.

Carry them to China, nobody sabi them for there, forget o, Chinese prisons no be beans

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Claudio Ranieri's CV did not have any wow factor before Leicester, yet he achieved the impossible with a bunch of average players

Never underestimate the influence of a good coach on his team. That cohesiveness snd bond between coach and players is what wins games. If the players are happy with the coach, they will lay their lives on the field for his honour, look what happened with Keshi snd the 2013 AFCON team, now compare that with what happened to Mourinho with Chelsea last season

All this CV talk is overrated. Le Guen's CV is an eyesore, if he couldn't qualify Oman from a weak Asian federation and flopped with the great Indomitable lions, what makes him better than Yusuf that won NPLF with Kano Pillars?

All we need is a coach the players are happy with and I bet you, Salisu can even win Algeria with Amuneke's boys

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 1:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

That is why I said we should test before jumping. I doubt Paul Le Guen would cope with the situation of our local League. It is a tough terrain.

Paul Le Guen is not spectacular if we take away his spell at Lyon. He is also a volatile person. So there is no guarantee his trophies. He does not want targets.

I would like to see us test what we have before looking outside.

Honestly speaking, PLG hasn't had much success since leaving Lyon. Naturally, he's quite an authoritarian and loves establishing control, this hasn't won him much friends that's why he hasn't had any gig in Europe since 2008. Even when the Australians wanted to hire him when they binned Pim Veerbek, at the last minute the deal fell through.

The major reason why I was taken by the idea of him as Super eagles coach was because, I believed he would go an extra mile to make an impact to restore his fledgling reputation. He's at an age where it's make or mar for him, I believe it would have worked in our favour.

Salisu Yusuf is just not the answer, I don't know how the press has managed to build him up that majority of Nigerians feel he is the messiah.

Personally, I would want the NFF to get someone like Tata Martino or Allejandro Sabbella (the Argentine coach to the last World Cup). People like these guys could do a good job for us. Their clime and ours aren't much different with the way they do things. It could be a perfect fit
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zopaks: 1:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
Man City omit Iheanacho from provisional China pre season tour squad
......Tosin Adarabioyo Included

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fixtures-iheanacho-pre-11634387

Missing Olympics and now Pre Season? Hope Guardoliar would change his mind.

Full Squad
City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Tosin Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphreys
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Honestly speaking, PLG hasn't had much success since leaving Lyon. Naturally, he's quite an authoritarian and loves establishing control, this hasn't won him much friends that's why he hasn't had any gig in Europe since 2008. Even when the Australians wanted to hire him when they binned Pim Veerbek, at the last minute the deal fell through.

The major reason why I was taken by the idea of him as Super eagles coach was because, I believed he would go an extra mile to make an impact to restore his fledgling reputation. He's at an age where it's make or mar for him, I believe it would have worked in our favour.

Salisu Yusuf is just not the answer, I don't know how the press has managed to build him up that majority of Nigerians feel he is the messiah.

Personally, I would want the NFF to get someone like Tata Martino or Allejandro Sabbella (the Argentine coach to the last World Cup). People like these guys could do a good job for us. Their clime and ours aren't much different with the way they do things. It could be a perfect fit

No one thinks Coach Salisu Yusuf is the messiah. Far from it. However, he built himself to where he is and looks like a good candidate.

We can not know if he can deliver if we do not give him the chance. Tata and Sabella will be too expensive for us. Also, there is no guarantee they will succeed.

I say we give Salisu a chance and see if he is capable. If he shows promising signs, we keep him. He already has the devotion and loyalty of the players. Let us give them a chance than imposing someone they would not like.

Remember, the Rangers team revolted against Le Guen. So there is no guarantee he can keep these boys happy with his strict methods.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 1:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:
Claudio Ranieri's CV did not have any wow factor before Leicester, yet he achieved the impossible with a bunch of average players

Never underestimate the influence of a good coach on his team. That cohesiveness snd bond between coach and players is what wins games. If the players are happy with the coach, they will lay their lives on the field for his honour, look what happened with Keshi snd the 2013 AFCON team, now compare that with what happened to Mourinho with Chelsea last season

All this CV talk is overrated. Le Guen's CV is an eyesore, if he couldn't qualify Oman from a weak Asian federation and flopped with the great Indomitable lions, what makes him better than Yusuf that won NPLF with Kano Pillars?

All we need is a coach the players are happy with and I bet you, Salisu can even win Algeria with Amuneke's boys

I disagree with you. I don't know why people keep digging up Claudio Ranieri when making an argument like he's a nobody in Europe. For goodness sake, this man has handled almost all the major clubs in Europe bar Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich... He's managed big European teams back to back like Valentia, Inter, Athletico Madrid, Juve just name it. He's a renowned professional. His case is miles different from Salisu Yusuf.

Infact, Salisu was never the main assistant to Siasia, Kalika was. He was never the main assistant to Keshi, the Togolese guy Valerie and Okpara was. No disrespect, Salisu was just a support staff so to speak. He simply doesn't have the pedigree. Especially with the quality of the teams in our group. You don't go to a gun battle armed with a club.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:

Look again at Ranieri's resume...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ranieri resume

Cagliari
Serie C1: 1988–89
Coppa Italia Serie C: 1988–89
Serie B promotion: 1989–90

Fiorentina
Serie B: 1993–94
Coppa Italia: 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana: 1996

Valencia
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1998
Copa del Rey: 1998–99
UEFA Super Cup: 2004

Monaco
Ligue 2: 2012–13

Leicester City
Premier League: 2015–16
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
Even if Salisu is selected ,it is almost guaranteed that NFF will not give him the right environment..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 2:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No one thinks Coach Salisu Yusuf is the messiah. Far from it. However, he built himself to where he is and looks like a good candidate.

We can not know if he can deliver if we do not give him the chance. Tata and Sabella will be too expensive for us. Also, there is no guarantee they will succeed.

I say we give Salisu a chance and see if he is capable. If he shows promising signs, we keep him. He already has the devotion and loyalty of the players. Let us give them a chance than imposing someone they would not like.

Remember, the Rangers team revolted against Le Guen. So there is no guarantee he can keep these boys happy with his strict methods.

I think with the amount being touted for PLG, a Sabella can sign the dotted lines at the said amount (a contract of $1.5m). Am not sure he was paid more than that at Estudiantes.

The Rangers team were full of bullies like Barry ferguson etall who were angry because PLG took away their burgers, ketchups and muster munch and placed them on diet. They couldn't keep up with his training regimen of doing endurance race. The Rangers players were simply not ready to be taken to the next level not the managers fault.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 2:40pm On Jul 20, 2016
honestly i'm in a quandary as to this annoying super eagles coach issue. in an ideal situation i would prefer a young ambitious foreign coach in the mold of bruno metsu, rene hevard, etc but unfortunately we are far from an ideal situation so local coach it is. but can we entrust salisu with such a sensitive assignment? hmm i no know ooo when we went for keshi and amodu of blessed memory atleast they had experience but salisu just has assistant to his belt. maybe like someone suggested we should go for one serbian they have thick skin (to put up with the nff and their bs) and they are quite tactical
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
Westerhof succeeded in Nigeria because he was a rebel. He gave NFF as much wahala as he received.. He also had the ears of the presidency. In spite of that, he worked under very difficult conditions. Westerhof was willing to stay in Nigeria and view league games. Very few foreign coaches will do that.

20 years later, nothing has changed in the NFF. No coach has ever had a smooth working relationship.

We need help..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
zopaks:

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-fixtures-iheanacho-pre-11634387

Full Squad
City squad: Hart, Caballero, Gunn, O'Brien, Kompany, Zabaleta, Fernando, Sterling, Nasri, Nolito, Aguero, Kolarov, Bony, Navas, Delph, Silva, Clichy, Fernandinho, Denayer, Otamendi, Zuculini, Toure, Maffeo, Tosin Adarabioyo, Celina, Horsfield, Barker, Bytyqi, Angelino, A. Garcia, M. Garcia, Humphreys
he's been added to the list.

Man City's golden boy can't miss pre-season. The hitch has been handled cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 2:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
zopaks:

Full Squad

He had visa issues.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 2:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:

If you ask me,then Siasia has done nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing, he has just been a victim of bad circumstances. The first time, our qualification had already been messed up, he came and if not for some school boy errors and misses we would have qualified(you really need to watch that Guinea game again). Under Siasia we outplayed our opponents hands down, we beat Argentina, and even when they got their starts together, it was a howler by Mikel that and Aiyenugba that cost us the game. For me right now, Siasia is the best local coach we have, maybe soon Amunike will join, but we saw what happened to Manu, so I maintain that Siasia will be the best local coach on a long term plan.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:

Ehm, you might want to look at Ranieri's CV again. If he was an average coach Chelsea would have never hired him. Just because Scolari failed at Chelsea does not mean his CV is poor. Recheck and tell me what you saw
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

If you ask me,then Siasia has done nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing, he has just been a victim of bad circumstances. The first time, our qualification had already been messed up, he came and if not for some school boy errors and misses we would have qualified(you really need to watch that Guinea game again). Under Siasia we outplayed our opponents hands down, we beat Argentina, and even when they got their starts together, it was a howler by Mikel that and Aiyenugba that cost us the game. For me right now, Siasia is the best local coach we have, maybe soon Amunike will join, but we saw what happened to Manu, so I maintain that Siasia will be the best local coach on a long term plan.
stop living in 2005 and come down to 2016 where U20 boys and nobodies from Denmark are disgracing Siasia's U23

If you people can stop celebrating past glory and look at the last 4 years, you'll want to plank him as well. Stop making excuses for the nigga, Amodu was qualifying for tournaments with far worse odds than Siasia ever got, so what are we talking about? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.