Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,258 members, 7,815,400 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697524 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

But, safarigirl is right when she said he had no wow factor on his CV. I am a big fan of Ranieri and I always saw him as underrated. His days with Chelsea was impressive to me. Sad such a memorable season ended trophyless. His campaign with Roma in 2010 deserved a trophy but Inter Milan was too good that season.

He had the experience of being a recognized coach but he was not a recognised name. Few trophies to show.
Maybe he didn't have the personality of beenya media darling like Mourinho but his antecedents are quite up there. Leicester is right about the smallest clubs he has managed. Granted he doesn't have a shiny trophy in his cabinet like the Champions league but still his experience at Parma, Cagliari, Juve, Inter, Monaco, Chelsea, athletico Madrid, Valencia, Napoli etall should count for something.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:26pm On Jul 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Not on the level of a MOU but a great manager in his own right. By the time, you take into account the number of top 4 places in different leagues. Can't be compared to Salisu..

No one is comparing Ranieri with Salisu. Ranieri is not bidding for the Super Eagles job. No coach up to the calibre of Ranieri is bidding for the job.

What Ranieri achieved last season was a big WOW. His CV did not show he would or expected to achieve it.

As I said before, I am a Ranieri fan ad I believed he was a great coach. Unfortunately, his CV did not show greatness. It showed he was good. Not great.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Maybe he didn't have the personality of be a media darling like Mourinho but his antecedents are quite up there. Leicester is right about the smallest clubs he has managed. Granted he doesn't have a shiny trophy in his cabinet like the Champions league but still his experience at Parma, Cagliari, Juve, Inter, Monaco, Chelsea, athletico Madrid, Valencia, Napoli etall should count for something.

Experienced? Yes. Good Coach? Yes. Ranieri was not viewed as a Super Coach coming to do wonders in the EPL.

I expected him to perform well, probably qualify for Europe because I knew him from his Chelsea days. I like Valencia and watched a lot of him there. I like Roma since the days of Pizarro, Totti, Montella, Rossi when Spaletti coached them. So I watched Ranieri in his days at Roma.

So I know he was good but bad luck in different situations prevented him from having a beautiful trophy filled trophy cabinet. But, his CV was not wow.

He would not make the list of top recognized managers. Even Gary Lineker criticised his appointment by Leicester City.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 5:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Experienced? Yes. Good Coach? Yes. Ranieri was not viewed as a Super Coach coming to do wonders in the EPL.

I expected him to perform well, probably qualify for Europe because I knew him from his Chelsea days. I like Valencia and watched a lot of him there. I like Roma since the days of Pizarro, Totti, Montella, Rossi when Spaletti coached them. So I watched Ranieri in his days at Roma.

So I know he was good but bad luck in different situations prevented him from having a beautiful trophy filled trophy cabinet. But, his CV was not wow.

He would not make the list of top recognized managers. Even Gary Lineker criticised his appointment by Leicester City.
Gary Lineker isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box. He isn't exactly a paragon of common sense. He promised to strip naked and present his match day show if Leicester won the league, I can't wait to see that.
He's just an ex player who make a living by winding people up and posting controversial tweets every now and then.

Ranieri like I said earlier isn't the most successful coach in the world but going by his experience way back from the 80's and the calibre of teams he has managed he is by no means an average coach.
His longevity in the game shows how solid the thinkerman is.
You don't survive that long at the top if you're not a bit special.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Gary Lineker isn't exactly the sharpest tool in the box. He isn't exactly a paragon of common sense. He promised to strip naked and present his match day show if Leicester won the league, I can't wait to see that.
He's just an ex player who make a living by winding people up and posting controversial tweets every now and then.

Ranieri like I said earlier isn't the most successful coach in the world but going by his experience way back from the 80's and the calibre of teams he has managed he is by no means an average coach.
His longevity in the game shows how solid the thinkerman is.
You don't survive that long at the top if you're not a bit special.

I never doubted Ranieri's quality. I and my elder brother laughed when we read Gary Lineker's criticism. We knew Ranieri is a top coach but his "CV" did not show it.

If you move to second place finishes, you will see he is good but his CV will not show that.

That is what I am pointing out. I will still say we organize a top friendly and let Salisu match his boys against a respected coach. If he fails, the NFF can hire who they want.

Gary Lineker was just talking based on CV. I doubt he ever followed Ranieri.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 6:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

I thought Popoola is an Amf? So you want to play 2 Amfs in a 4-3-3? It's destined to fail. And we both know Mikel will start so it won't even happen.

Your 4-2-3-1 looks more tactical, ofcourse with Mikel in place of Shehu

MIKEL should please stay st his club !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 6:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

No one is comparing Ranieri with Salisu. Ranieri is not bidding for the Super Eagles job. No coach up to the calibre of Ranieri is bidding for the job.

What Ranieri achieved last season was a big WOW. His CV did not show he would or expected to achieve it.

As I said before, I am a Ranieri fan ad I believed he was a great coach. Unfortunately, his CV did not show greatness. It showed he was good. Not great.

He promoted cagliari back to back
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I never doubted Ranieri's quality. I and my elder brother laughed when we read Gary Lineker's criticism. We knew Ranieri is a top coach but his "CV" did not show it.

If you move to second place finishes, you will see he is good but his CV will not show that.

That is what I am pointing out. I will still say we organize a top friendly and let Salisu match his boys against a respected coach. If he fails, the NFF can hire who they want.

Gary Lineker was just talking based on CV. I doubt he ever followed Ranieri.
Leniker is on the same wave length with folks like Piers Morgan. Imagine him comparing Nigel Pierson with Ranieri before the season began. Not that Ranieri isn't a man with problems of his own. Atleast I remember Estaban Cambiaso ran away when he heard Ranieri was coming to Leicester having worked with him at Inter.

In my opinion, I think know we should look at the development of Nigerian football in general. Not just this qualifiers. We should set ourselves the target of wining the world cup in Doha. We already have a solid foundation having won the U17 world cup back to back. It will be a travesty if we fail to capitalise on these two success in Little over 5yrs time.

The Nwakalis, kelechi, Osimhen will be in their mid 20's and absolutely in the Peak of their powers by Doha 2022. If we don't engage someone now who can start laying that foundation now, then we might as well quit international football because we may not get another golden generation for the foreseeable.

Salisu Yusuf is not the best fit for this task. I stand to be corrected.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2016
MOVING ON..! The NFF has confirmed Salisu Yusuf as the Chief Coach of Super Eagles. New Technical Adviser to be recommended within 7 days. Nff begins 7-day search for new technical adviser
Source: The cable and Sports Radio BrilaFM
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lakesidepapa(m): 6:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
adrainuche:

MIKEL should please stay st his club !!!
Pls give us the critical reason, orelse Ur wife will come for you smiley

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
I had to read through all 8last pages(298-305) of d thread. But I found out that, issues relating to the super eagles is d most discussed, while d Olympics is in few days time.

it seems u guys have left the Super EAGLES THREAD in Hibernating mode. Make our superposters help revive d thread.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 7:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
AIG07:
I had to read through all 8last pages(298-305) of d thread. But I found out that, issues relating to the super eagles is d most discussed, while d Olympics is in few days time.

it seems u guys have left the Super EAGLES THREAD in Hibernating mode. Make our superposters help revive d thread.

that's football, you start with Chelsea and end with Manu. I am also kinda disappointed that the Super Eagles thread is going down
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

What is so exceptional about Salisu Yusuf's C.V? Having managed Elkanemi warriors, Kano pillars and Enyimba and being 2nd assistant to Siasia and Keshi. I mean it's not like he has been pulling up trees in our local league. Even the NPFL he won with Kano, its questionable because he benefited from board room points. Yes I understand he's got advantage because he's on ground but his CV those not have any "wow" factor. Am sorry
I see wher you are coming from.

The huge amounts we always spend on these foreign dudes without producing the necessary results should have been better channelled into our local Coaches who are more hungry for results.

What has Le Guen produced or worn through out his Coaching career?

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 7:19am On Jul 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea’s Omeruo and Wilfred Ndidi will not play in the Olympics
Jul 20, 2016 12:17:52 Nigeria U23
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/21/fa/kenneth-omeruo-nigeria_v8t0nasru4hi10ivf3hdzsosw.jpg?t=-1567591019&w=620&h=430[/img]
The duo are not expected to make the Dream Team VI list for the Rio 2016 football event, their top official has confirmed
Kenneth Omeruo and Wilfred Ndidid will not be selected in the Nigeria squad for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, a top source has confirmed to Goal.

Last week, John Obi Mikel and Daniel Akpeyi were picked as Nigeria’s two overage players but the duo will not be considered for selection due to club commitment.

"Omeruo wanted to play but he has not sorted his contract issue with Chelsea who has gotten a new Coach Antonio Conte,” a reliable source told Goal.

“Wilfred issue is on his club coach wanting Siasia to make the player a starter in his team which Siasia believed was a mere excuse not to release the defender.”

The source also dismissed claims that coach Samson Siasia has announced his final squad for the competition.

"Coach Samson Siasia has not made any release concerning the Dream Team VI final 18 squad for the Rio Olympics in America,” he continue.

“In fact he was sad to read the report on the online media. He has pleaded that sports reporters should wait for the appropriate quarters which is the Nigeria Football Federation to make the release.”
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/07/20/25780302/chelseas-omeruo-and-wilfred-ndidi-will-not-play-in-the
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 7:25am On Jul 21, 2016
I understand the condition by Genk. Ndidi is a super regular at Genk. Why miss him for part of the season if he is going to sit on the bench?

At least, playing regularly will increase his value and keep him fit..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:18am On Jul 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
OFFICIAL: Michael Olaitan Joins Panionios
[/size]
[img]http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/20/official-michael-olaitan-joins-panionios/[/img]
Panionios have beaten fellow Greek side Levadiakos to the signing of Olympiakos forward Michael Olaitan on a free transfer.

Olaitan who still has one year to run on his deal was allowed to leave on a free transfer by the Greek side and Panionios won the race for his signature despite the fact that Levadiakos were initially the front runners for his signature.

23 year old Olaitan spent is looking to bounce back to the form that once made him the toast of Greek Football in 2014 before an on field slump in the derby game against Panathinaikos.

Last season two different loan spells at Dutch side FC Twente and Belgium top division side Kortrijk making a total of 22 appearances scoring two goals in the process.

Panionios will be his fourth team in Greece after starting out with Veria before moving to Olympiakos where he spent six months on loan to Ergotelis upon his recovery from the unfortunate on field slump that slowed down his carrer.
owngoalnigeria.com/2016/07/20/official-michael-olaitan-joins-panionios/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
[size=14pt]
Greuther Furth Permit Obanor To Represent Nigeria At Olympic Games
[/size]

German 2 Bundesliga club SpVgg Greuther Fürth will allow new signing Erhun Obanor to represent Nigeria at the Olympic Games.

The defender departed Bavaria a day after penning a 3+2 year contract with the second-tier club to link up with the Dream Team VI squad in Atlanta, United States.

“Greuther Fürth have released Obanor to the Nigeria Football Federation and paid for his flight ticket from Germany to USA, ” a top source told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“They have told him that he should return immediately to Germany if he does not make the final squad or whenever Nigeria end their participation at the Olympics.”

Obanor, 20, made Nigeria’s roster for the 2014 African Nations Championship held in South Africa.
Igho Kingsley
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19818

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:38am On Jul 21, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Watford Striker Isaac Success Clarifies : I Have Not Lost My Passport
[/size]

Isaac Success has poured cold water on speculation in the media that claimed that he did not travel to Austria with the Watford squad for pre-season training because he lost his international passport.

The Nigeria youth international does not need to obtain a visa before traveling to Austria as he was in the possession of a Spanish residence permit but the document got missing when he arrived in Hertfordshire.

“I couldn’t use my Spanish residence permit to travel, I lost the permit and hope to get a new one soon. My international passport is with me, ” Isaac Success told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“I am waiting to be issued a UK work permit, I pray I get it this week. ”

The 20-year-old striker was in action for the Hornets U21 squad in their 2-2 draw against Chivas on Tuesday.

He made his debut for the first team of Watford on July 10.
Ifeanyi Emmanuel
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=19813
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2016
lakesidepapa:

Pls give us the critical reason, orelse Ur wife will come for you smiley

Lol na she know I never marry let mikel stay na !!!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2016
tbaba1234:
I understand the condition by Genk. Ndidi is a super regular at Genk. Why miss him for part of the season if he is going to sit on the bench?

At least, playing regularly will increase his value and keep him fit..

Siasia dint want to include Ndidi let him stop deceiving himself !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:29am On Jul 21, 2016
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Chelsea’s Omeruo and Wilfred Ndidi will not play in the Olympics
Jul 20, 2016 12:17:52 Nigeria U23
[/size]
[img]http://images.performgroup.com/di/library/goal_uk/21/fa/kenneth-omeruo-nigeria_v8t0nasru4hi10ivf3hdzsosw.jpg?t=-1567591019&w=620&h=430[/img]
The duo are not expected to make the Dream Team VI list for the Rio 2016 football event, their top official has confirmed
Kenneth Omeruo and Wilfred Ndidid will not be selected in the Nigeria squad for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro, a top source has confirmed to Goal.

Last week, John Obi Mikel and Daniel Akpeyi were picked as Nigeria’s two overage players but the duo will not be considered for selection due to club commitment.

"Omeruo wanted to play but he has not sorted his contract issue with Chelsea who has gotten a new Coach Antonio Conte,” a reliable source told Goal.

“Wilfred issue is on his club coach wanting Siasia to make the player a starter in his team which Siasia believed was a mere excuse not to release the defender.”

The source also dismissed claims that coach Samson Siasia has announced his final squad for the competition.

"Coach Samson Siasia has not made any release concerning the Dream Team VI final 18 squad for the Rio Olympics in America,” he continue.

“In fact he was sad to read the report on the online media. He has pleaded that sports reporters should wait for the appropriate quarters which is the Nigeria Football Federation to make the release.”
m.goal.com/x/en-ng/news/11252/nigeria-u23/2016/07/20/25780302/chelseas-omeruo-and-wilfred-ndidi-will-not-play-in-the
[/b]

Genk should have released Ndidi. There is no way Coach Siasia can guarantee a starting position for him. There are other players fighting for a starting position.

Whether Ndidi starts or not, he is still part of the team. Wilson Oruma was not a starter but he was a part of the team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by donfiazo(m): 10:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Nigeria's 22 man list for #Rio2016..Men's football

Jersey No/Players Name/ Date of Birth

1 Daniel Akpeyi Goalkeeper 8 March 1986

2 Muenfuh SINCERE Defender 28 April 1998

3 Kingsley MADU Defender 12 December 1995

4 Abdullahi SHEHU Defender 12 March 1993

5 Saturday ERIMUYA Defender 10 January 1998

6 William EKONG Defender 1 September 1993

7 Aminu UMAR Forward 6 March 1995

8 Oghenekaro ETEBO Midfielder 9 November 1995

9 Imoh EZEKIEL Forward 24 October 1993

10 John Obi MIKEL Midfielder 22 April 1987

11 Oluwafemi AJAYI Forward 29 January 1996

12 Popoola SALIU Midfielder 7 August 1994

13 Sadiq UMAR Forward 2 February 1997

14 Okechukwu AZUBUIKE Midfielder 19 April 1997

15 Ndifreke UDO Defender 15 August 1998

16 Stanley AMUZIE Defender 28 February 1996

17 Usman MUHAMMEDMidfielder 12 June 1980

18 Emmanuel DANIEL Goalkeeper 17 December 1993

Stand By

19 Sopuruchi DIMGBA Forward 29 March 1993

20 Taiwo AWONIYI Forward 12 August 1997

21 Saviour GODWIN Forward 22 August 1996

22 Yusuf Bala Goalkeeper 22 December 1996

Source: http://m.fifa.com/mensolympic/teams/team=1889763/players.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Lildav: 11:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Join us C002E8EE5 free Tips.
U19
England Under/Over 1.5 goals England - Italy Over 1.5 goals 11: am ODDS : 2.30
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 11:10am On Jul 21, 2016
Usman MUHAMMED Midfielder 12 June 1980

This man is 36 year old? Is there a mistake somewhere?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:22am On Jul 21, 2016
olapluto:

This man is 36 year old? Is there a mistake somewhere?

Usman Mohammed
Born/age:: Mar 2, 1994 (22)
Nationality: Nigeria
Place Of Birth: Kadunna
Position: Attacking Midfield
Current club: CF União Madeira

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/usman-mohammed/profil/spieler/409103

There is a mistake. That is what you get when a Journalist relies strictly on whatever pops up from a Google Wikipedia search.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by olapluto(m): 11:29am On Jul 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Usman Mohammed
Born/age:: Mar 2, 1994 (22)
Nationality: Nigeria
Place Of Birth: Kadunna
Position: Attacking Midfield
Current club: CF União Madeira

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/usman-mohammed/profil/spieler/409103

There is a mistake. That is what you get when a Journalist relies strictly on whatever pops up from a Google Wikipedia search.

Thanks jare. I just hope NFF dont file this to FIFA.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
Awoniyi and Dimgba dropped...

Siasia finally realised that Dimgba had nothing to offer..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 1:53pm On Jul 21, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Genk should have released Ndidi. There is no way Coach Siasia can guarantee a starting position for him. There are other players fighting for a starting position.

Whether Ndidi starts or not, he is still part of the team. Wilson Oruma was not a starter but he was a part of the team.

When Oruma played, the club did not have a choice.

If Ndidi goes and spends a few weeks without playing games, assuming Nigeria goes far, He will not be fully match fit when he returns.

Also, Belgian clubs are always looking to market their players. A good olympics for Ndidi raises his value.

The club is just looking out for what they can benefit by sending him to the olympics..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by samueld0(m): 2:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
Awoniyi on standby. eeyah i pity this guy
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
samueld0:
Awoniyi on standby. eeyah i pity this guy

Lol the dude is very lucky to still be in camp u say u pity am !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
AIG07:

I just tire boss them dun carry super eagles come this thread, na so one time dem dey argue taiwo and babayaro ... dem dun enter Salisu and Ranieri before we know they go enter another one !!!

Abeg has anyone seen our NPFL squad that is going to Spain can u guyz compare with out u23 and see why I say sia sia is sentimental ??
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
tbaba1234:
Awoniyi and Dimgba dropped...

Siasia finally realised that Dimgba had nothing to offer..

Bros is this news confirmed

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.