Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697456 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Honestly speaking, PLG hasn't had much success since leaving Lyon. Naturally, he's quite an authoritarian and loves establishing control, this hasn't won him much friends that's why he hasn't had any gig in Europe since 2008. Even when the Australians wanted to hire him when they binned Pim Veerbek, at the last minute the deal fell through.

The major reason why I was taken by the idea of him as Super eagles coach was because, I believed he would go an extra mile to make an impact to restore his fledgling reputation. He's at an age where it's make or mar for him, I believe it would have worked in our favour.

Salisu Yusuf is just not the answer, I don't know how the press has managed to build him up that majority of Nigerians feel he is the messiah.

Personally, I would want the NFF to get someone like Tata Martino or Allejandro Sabbella (the Argentine coach to the last World Cup). People like these guys could do a good job for us. Their clime and ours aren't much different with the way they do things. It could be a perfect fit

Tata??! Lolz. Please, don't ever say that again. The guy is mediocrity personified, the guy won't be able to win the FA cup with the FIFA best Eleven. Sabella I can understand but he can't speak English so it may hinder the deal and lead to extra expenses but Tata?! No!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2016
4 months ago i would have agreed with you but the way he botched the egypt match especially the away one plus his current mis-handling of the olympic team has seriously eroded my faith and trust in him

Mickael2:

If you ask me,then Siasia has done nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing, he has just been a victim of bad circumstances. The first time, our qualification had already been messed up, he came and if not for some school boy errors and misses we would have qualified(you really need to watch that Guinea game again). Under Siasia we outplayed our opponents hands down, we beat Argentina, and even when they got their starts together, it was a howler by Mikel that and Aiyenugba that cost us the game. For me right now, Siasia is the best local coach we have, maybe soon Amunike will join, but we saw what happened to Manu, so I maintain that Siasia will be the best local coach on a long term plan.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:10pm On Jul 20, 2016
safarigirl:
stop living in 2005 and come down to 2016 where U20 boys and nobodies from Denmark are disgracing Siasia's U23

If you people can stop celebrating past glory and look at the last 4 years, you'll want to plank him as well. Stop making excuses for the nigga, Amodu was qualifying for tournaments with far worse odds than Siasia ever got, so what are we talking about? undecided

Ok tell me what he has done these past 4 years? His U23 qualified didn't they? Sure they did, what has he failed to do? You are basing your arguments on a few recent FRIENDLY GAMES. He did what he did in 2005, in 2012 we won against Argentina with him there and we didn't lose a game with him in charge. So which past glory? Please
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:12pm On Jul 20, 2016
chrisooblog:
4 months ago i would have agreed with you but the way he botched the egypt match especially the away one plus his current mis-handling of the olympic team has seriously eroded my faith and trust in him

he didn't really botch the match. I understand that his selections were funny but he was not under any contract, and we all know what the NFF is all about, they may have hand-picked them for him and since he does not have a contract,he does not have a say. This is simple. Until he messes up at the Olympics proper, I will still believe he is good, he did win the U23 with local lads from academies not even NPFL teams
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2 post=4772659 :

If you ask me,then Siasia has done nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing, he has just been a victim of bd circumstances. The first time, our qualification had already been messed up, he came and if not for some school boy errors and misses we would have qualified(you really need to watch that Guinea game again). Under Siasia we outplayed our opponents hands down, we beat Argentina, and even when they got their starts together, it was a howler by Mikel that and Aiyenugba that cost us the game. For me right now, Siasia is the best local coach we have, maybe soon Amunike will join, but we saw what happened to Manu, so I maintain that Siasia will be the best local coach on a long term plan.

Siasia is not our best local coach. He has just had the most opportunities. Plus he has had many failures..

Keshi and Amodu were much better.

Siasia weaknesses was what made us fail to qualify. He has never had a good defence..

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

Ok tell me what he has done these past 4 years? His U23 qualified didn't they? Sure they did, what has he failed to do? You are basing your arguments on a few recent FRIENDLY GAMES. He did what he did in 2005, in 2012 we won against Argentina with him there and we didn't lose a game with him in charge. So which past glory? Please
i'm basing it on his useless line-ups of recent.

Anyway, August is not far
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
tbaba1234:

Siasia is not our best local coach. He has just had the most opportunities. Plus he has had many failures..

Keshi and Amodu were much better.

Siasia weaknesses was what made us fail to qualify. He has never had a good defence..

correction, Amodu wasn't better, he just got better results. But if you have to pick either Amodu or Siasia for a beautiful football playing team, there is no argument there, except if you are a chelsea fan. Keshi is arguably but not totally so, I still rate Siasia better.

He has never had the oppurtunity to assemble a good defence. His U20 at the 2005 games had the best defence in the tournament, same as the U23 in 2008, our defence messed up real bad at the olympics qualifiers but let's be honest, those are local lads.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by chrisooblog: 3:29pm On Jul 20, 2016
bros NFF are many things but i seriously doubt they will force coaches to field certain players. was it NFF that said he should not start iheanacho, iwobi or onazi? siasia is too involved in marketing some of his players so his objectivity in selecting our best legs is suspect

Mickael2:

he didn't really botch the match. I understand that his selections were funny but he was not under any contract, and we all know what the NFF is all about, they may have hand-picked them for him and since he does not have a contract,he does not have a say. This is simple. Until he messes up at the Olympics proper, I will still believe he is good, he did win the U23 with local lads from academies not even NPFL teams

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 3:35pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

Tata??! Lolz. Please, don't ever say that again. The guy is mediocrity personified, the guy won't be able to win the FA cup with the FIFA best Eleven. Sabella I can understand but he can't speak English so it may hinder the deal and lead to extra expenses but Tata?! No!
What's wrong with Tata martino? His brand of high tempo, ticki taka, youthful, high pressing and possession based game is reminiscent of Marcelo Bielsa's. To think he took Paraguay to unprecedented levels by reaching the Copa America final and getting to the world cup 1/4 finals. His Argentina side crushed all opponents enroute the infamous loss to Chile. Frankly, he pisses over whatever Salisu or PLG can offer. You dint coach Barca if ure not one of the best around.

Allejandro Sabbella won't have much language barrier I suppose. He spent more than 4yrs with Leeds and one other team in England.

Personally, I am an advocate for getting the best coach from South America or Eastern Europe since it appears our best heads have kicked the bucket. The system we operate with our burocracy is almost the same with the south Americans and Eastern Europeans,especially the Serbs. I wish the FA are thinking along these lines.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

correction, Amodu wasn't better, he just got better results. But if you have to pick either Amodu or Siasia for a beautiful football playing team, there is no argument there, except if you are a chelsea fan. Keshi is arguably but not totally so, I still rate Siasia better.

He has never had the oppurtunity to assemble a good defence. His U20 at the 2005 games had the best defence in the tournament, same as the U23 in 2008, our defence messed up real bad at the olympics qualifiers but let's be honest, those are local lads.

Amodu was better. Even from his league days. He narrowly missed winning the CAF champions league with shooting stars. He had a glittering local league career..

Coaches are determined by results.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

What's wrong with Tata martino? His brand of high tempo, ticki taka, youthful, high pressing and possession based game is reminiscent of Marcelo Bielsa's. To think he took Paraguay to unprecedented levels by reaching the Copa America final and getting to the world cup 1/4 finals. His Argentina side crushed all opponents enroute the infamous loss to Chile. Frankly, he pisses over whatever Salisu or PLG can offer. You dint coach Barca if ure not one of the best around.

Allejandro Sabbella won't have much language barrier I suppose. He spent more than 4yrs with Leeds and one other team in England.

Personally, I am an advocate for getting the best coach from South America or Eastern Europe since it appears our best heads have kicked the bucket. The system we operate with our burocracy is almost the same with the south Americans and Eastern Europeans,especially the Serbs. I wish the FA are thinking along these lines.

Correction, Tata does not play a possession based game. He does not play tiki take, he plays a direct style of football. Under him, Barca recorded their worst ever possession ratio, imagine even Rayo won the possession battle against Barca. He is an average coach, simple as that. When Argentina could not score against Chile, what did he do? Nothing, he has no plan B, either Messi scores or Messi sets up someone to score, he was the creator of the Messidependencia era of Barcelona, look it up.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 3:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Here's the list ...

Goalkeepers: Daniel Akpeyi, Emmanuel Daniel

Defenders: Muenfah Sincere, Kingsley Madu, Abdullahi Shehu, Saturday Erimuya, William Ekong, Ndifreke Udo, Stanley Amuzie

Midfielders: Oghenekaro Etebo, John Obi Mikel, Popoola Saliu, Okechukwu Azubuike, Usman Muhammed

Forwards: Aminu Umar, Imoh Ezekiel, Oluwafemi Ajayi, Sadiq Umar....

Awoniyi dint make the list and also Godwin Saviour .. Am surprised mikel obi made the list .... seems Umeruo would be heading to beskistas he won't be able to make the team ...obanor wasn't also picked he might be on stand by !!! I think this list is better !!!

I dunno about Saturday Erimuya and udo I hope they are justified !!! Seems we would be playing a 4-3-3 !!!

Attack looks exciting

E. Daniel

Shehu .... Ekong ..... Saturday ..... Madu

......... Azubuike...... Etebo......Papoolo

......... Aminu ..... Sadiq ....... Imoh

We can also play 4-2-3-1

Daniel

....... Seth Ekong Saturday Amuzie

... ....Shehu .. ....Azubuike

........ Aminu .. Etebo........ imoh

..... Ajayi/ Sadiq

It seems sia one head is getting there .... now it's a bit promising !!!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Psittacus(m): 4:02pm On Jul 20, 2016
Full List: Mikel leading the Dream to Rio ( Will wear Jersey Number 10)
Posted By: Adeniyion: July 20, 2016In:
9JA NEWS, WORLD NEWSNo Comments
Mikel Obi has been officially confirmed for the Rio 2016 Games with the Dream Team VI and has been issued the jersey number 10 by Samson Siasia.
This is the first time the Nigeria International will represent the country at the Olympics.
The Chelsea FC man will lead 17 others as the most successful African team at the Olympics Men football event – with a Gold in Atlanta ’96 and Silver at the Beijing ’08 – will bid to return with gold again.
Mikel as long with Daniel Akpeyi and Usman Muhammed are the three overage players that will help Siasia compete for honors in Brazil.
Nigeria is in group B where it will play Japan, Sweden and Colombia.
Dream Team VI Full list
Defenders: Muenfah Sincere, Kingsley Madu, Abdullahi Shehu, Saturday Erimuya, William Ekong, Ndifreke Udo, Stanley Amuzie
Midfielders: Oghenekaro Etebo, John Obi Mikel, Popoola Saliu, Okechukwu Azubuike, Usman Muhammed
Forwards: Aminu Umar, Imoh Ezekiel, Oluwafemi Ajayi, Sadiq Umar
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by adrainuche(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

If you ask me,then Siasia has done nothing wrong. Absolutely nothing, he has just been a victim of bad circumstances. The first time, our qualification had already been messed up, he came and if not for some school boy errors and misses we would have qualified(you really need to watch that Guinea game again). Under Siasia we outplayed our opponents hands down, we beat Argentina, and even when they got their starts together, it was a howler by Mikel that and Aiyenugba that cost us the game. For me right now, Siasia is the best local coach we have, maybe soon Amunike will join, but we saw what happened to Manu, so I maintain that Siasia will be the best local coach on a long term plan.

Bad circumstance grin grin grin grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 20, 2016
adrainuche:
Here's the list ...

Awoniyi dint make the list and also Godwin Saviour .. Am surprised mikel obi made the list .... seems Umeruo would be heading to beskistas he won't be able to make the team ...obanor wasn't also picked he might be on stand by !!! I think this list is better !!!

I dunno about Saturday Erimuya and udo I hope they are justified !!! Seems we would be playing a 4-3-3 !!!

Attack looks exciting

E. Daniel

Azubuike Etebo Papoolo

Aminu Sadiq Imoh

We can also play 4-2-3-1

Daniel

Seth Ekong Saturday Amuzie

Shehu Azubuike

Aminu Etebo imoh

Ajayi/ Sadiq

I hope this array of players would take us to second round...I'm still pessimistic about this team though..
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 4:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

Correction, Tata does not play a possession based game. He does not play tiki take, he plays a direct style of football. Under him, Barca recorded their worst ever possession ratio, imagine even Rayo won the possession battle against Barca. He is an average coach, simple as that. When Argentina could not score against Chile, what did he do? Nothing, he has no plan B, either Messi scores or Messi sets up someone to score, he was the creator of the Messidependencia era of Barcelona, look it up.

Even last season, La palmas, Real Sociedad, Deportivo had considerable high amount of possession. Truth was that barca were evolving or in transition when he came in,especially when the major component of that ticki taka game was on the wane (Xavi). Its a bit mindless kicking Tata for the short spell he enjoyed at Barcelona. Abi you think Barca will go for someone who has different philosophy to their game? He went 23games unbeaten at some point with Barca.

Which coach in the world wouldn't depend on a fit Messi? Name one.

Did you watch his Paraguay team at the world cup in SA?

If you believe he plays direct football ala Tony Pulis or Sam Alardyce, then you obviously don't know the man or what he is all about.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 4:15pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

The Argentine game was subject to match fixing investigation, so.....

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

I think with the amount being touted for PLG, a Sabella can sign the dotted lines at the said amount (a contract of $1.5m). Am not sure he was paid more than that at Estudiantes.

The Rangers team were full of bullies like Barry ferguson etall who were angry because PLG took away their burgers, ketchups and muster munch and placed them on diet. They couldn't keep up with his training regimen of doing endurance race. The Rangers players were simply not ready to be taken to the next level not the managers fault.

As much as the burgers infuriated the Rangers players, I think the last straw was reducing their drinking. British boys drink too much and coaches from outside can not stand it.

Paul Le Guen wanted them to cut down on their drinking and they blew off their hats. That was what was the underlying issue of the Revolt against Mancini by the City players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2016
[b]KELECHI NAMED IN TOUR PARTY

Kelechi Iheanacho has been named in the squad for the pre-season tour of Germany and China.

The young forward joins Sergio Aguero, David Silva, Joe Hart and Vincent Kompany in Pep Guardiola's 34-man party for City’s games against Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund and Manchester United.

Nicolas Otamendi, Raheem Sterling and new signing Nolito are also on the plane, having been granted an extended break following international duty over the summer. Fellow new boy Alex Zinchenko also makes the trip for what could be fans first glimpse of the Ukranian winger in action.

Pablo Zabaleta makes a welcome return from injury after returning to training on Monday and skipper Kompany will also be present.

Jason Denayer, who has spent the last two years on loan with Celtic and Galatasaray respectively, will look to impress his new boss after featuring for Belgium at the Euros - though he is yet to makea senior start for the Blues.

Several senior players have had a fortnight of the new training regime – Aleks Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Willy Caballero, Jesus Navas, Fabian Delph, Samir Nasri and Gael Clichy should all feature prominently in the tour matches.

Kevin De Bruyne, Bacary Sagna and Eliaquim Mangala’s extended involvement at Euro 2016 means they are yet to return from their summer break and Ilkay Gundogan is still several weeks away from being available.

Guardiola will have the opportunity to take a closer look at the emerging talents who have only appeared fleetingly at senior level so far.

Tosin Adarabioyo, Bersant Celina, Manu Garcia and Aleix Garcia are among the 10 younger squad members who will hope to make an impression on the new head coach.

Whether any of the senior stars who have just returned to from their summer break take part in the friendly with Bayern Munich on Wednesday remains to be seen.

Squad: Joe Hart, Willy Caballero, Angus Gunn, Billy O'Brien, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta, Fernando Reges, Raheem Sterling, Samir Nasri, Nolito, Sergio Aguero, Aleksandar Kolarov, Wilfried Bony, Jesus Navas, Fabian Delph, David Silva, Gael Clichy, Fernandinho, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Otamendi, Bruno Zuculini, Yaya Toure, Kelechi Iheanacho, Alex Zinchenko, Pablo Maffeo, Tosin Adarabioyo, Bersant Celina, James Horsfield, Brandon Barker, Sinan Bytyqi, Angelino Tasende, Aleix Garcia, Manu Garcia, Cameron Humphreys.[/b]
http://www.mancity.com/news/first-team/2016/07/19/tour-2016-party-announced/1468876025005
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

Even last season, La palmas, Real Sociedad, Deportivo had considerable high amount of possession. Truth was that barca were evolving or in transition when he came in,especially when the major component of that ticki taka game was on the wane (Xavi). Its a bit mindless kicking Tata for the short spell he enjoyed at Barcelona. Abi you think Barca will go for someone who has different philosophy to their game? He went 23games unbeaten at some point with Barca.

Which coach in the world wouldn't depend on a fit Messi? Name one.

Did you watch his Paraguay team at the world cup in SA?

If you believe he plays direct football ala Tony Pulis or Sam Alardyce, then you obviously don't know the man or what he is all about.
I specifically mentioned Rayo. Rayo are a counter attacking team yet they won the possession game. He has no Plan B, ofcourse you can depend on Messi but you need a plan B.

If you have a team with Messi, Neymar and Iniesta and a 22 game unbeaten streak with 9 or 10 draws isn't something to shout about.

There are various ways of playing direct football. You have the long ball technique and the direct passing technique. He uses the direct pass technique, where you always want to move forward and that forces you to fall into a more counter-attack based system, it's simple to understand. What Pulis and Allardyce play is called 'route one' football, long balls.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 4:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

The Argentine game was subject to match fixing investigation, so.....
it wasn't proven either, so.....
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
chrisooblog:
bros NFF are many things but i seriously doubt they will force coaches to field certain players. was it NFF that said he should not start iheanacho, iwobi or onazi? siasia is too involved in marketing some of his players so his objectivity in selecting our best legs is suspect

he did start them in the first leg didn't he? And Iheanacho wasn't so good. His own is not even part, he deserved to be benched. It was Iwobi that I was suprised about though. But I think something must have happened.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
Awoniyi should go back to the under 20 team..

3 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Mickael2(m): 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2016
adrainuche:
Here's the list ...

Attack looks exciting

E. Daniel

......... Azubuike...... Etebo......Papoolo

......... Aminu ..... Sadiq ....... Imoh

We can also play 4-2-3-1

Daniel

....... Seth Ekong Saturday Amuzie

... ....Shehu .. ....Azubuike

........ Aminu .. Etebo........ imoh

..... Ajayi/ Sadiq

I thought Popoola is an Amf? So you want to play 2 Amfs in a 4-3-3? It's destined to fail. And we both know Mikel will start so it won't even happen.

Your 4-2-3-1 looks more tactical, ofcourse with Mikel in place of Shehu

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2016
goldfish80:

I disagree with you. I don't know why people keep digging up Claudio Ranieri when making an argument like he's a nobody in Europe. For goodness sake, this man has handled almost all the major clubs in Europe bar Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich... He's managed big European teams back to back like Valentia, Inter, Athletico Madrid, Juve just name it. He's a renowned professional. His case is miles different from Salisu Yusuf.

Infact, Salisu was never the main assistant to Siasia, Kalika was. He was never the main assistant to Keshi, the Togolese guy Valerie and Okpara was. No disrespect, Salisu was just a support staff so to speak. He simply doesn't have the pedigree. Especially with the quality of the teams in our group. You don't go to a gun battle armed with a club.

But, safarigirl is right when she said he had no wow factor on his CV. I am a big fan of Ranieri and I always saw him as underrated. His days with Chelsea was impressive to me. Sad such a memorable season ended trophyless. His campaign with Roma in 2010 deserved a trophy but Inter Milan was too good that season.

He had the experience of being a recognized coach but he was not a recognised name. Few trophies to show.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2016
tbaba1234:
Ranieri resume

Cagliari
Serie C1: 1988–89
Coppa Italia Serie C: 1988–89
Serie B promotion: 1989–90

Fiorentina
Serie B: 1993–94
Coppa Italia: 1995–96
Supercoppa Italiana: 1996

Valencia
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 1998
Copa del Rey: 1998–99
UEFA Super Cup: 2004

Monaco
Ligue 2: 2012–13

Leicester City
Premier League: 2015–16

Not a Wow. CV.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:52pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

he did start them in the first leg didn't he? And Iheanacho wasn't so good. His own is not even part, he deserved to be benched. It was Iwobi that I was suprised about though. But I think something must have happened.

Iheanacho didn't deserve to be benched, he deserved faith. Yes he had a nervous start but he was coming into the game, he created that goal out of nothing. No doubt in my mind if he was left in he could have done even more.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 4:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

As much as the burgers infuriated the Rangers players, I think the last straw was reducing their drinking. British boys drink too much and coaches from outside can not stand it.

Paul Le Guen wanted them to cut down on their drinking and they blew off their hats. That was what was the underlying issue of the Revolt against Mancini by the City players.
Exactly... A friend of mine staying in Glasgow once told me he saw Rangers youth teamers stop over at a burger shop and ate a mouthful before making their way to a Sunday game. You can imagine what kind of eating habits their senior colleagues would be on.
They can get away with it in the torrid Scottish league but they don't escape being horsed by the likes of AEK Athens and Grasshoppers when they clash in Europe.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:57pm On Jul 20, 2016
chrisooblog:
honestly i'm in a quandary as to this annoying super eagles coach issue. in an ideal situation i would prefer a young ambitious foreign coach in the mold of bruno metsu, rene hevard, etc but unfortunately we are far from an ideal situation so local coach it is. but can we entrust salisu with such a sensitive assignment? hmm i no know ooo when we went for keshi and amodu of blessed memory atleast they had experience but salisu just has assistant to his belt. maybe like someone suggested we should go for one serbian they have thick skin (to put up with the nff and their bs) and they are quite tactical

I say, we test before we jump to a foreigner. What will it take for us to organize a top friendly. That is the best test we can have.

Let Coach Salisu Yusuf select his boys and show us if he is up to the task.

Some times, it is not about a fantastic CV, Villas-Boas did not have a fantastic CV (Quite Inexperienced) before his memorable time at Porto.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
BascoVanVeli:

Iheanacho didn't deserve to be benched, he deserved faith. Yes he had a nervous start but he was coming into the game, he created that goal out of nothing. No doubt in my mind if he was left in he could have done even more.

Iheanacho created the goal and also had a goal saved in the first match. He grew Into getting game and merited a start in the second leg. Dropping him was wrong. In the two legs, Iheanacho was our best performing attacker over the two legs. Certainly not Ighalo or Aminu.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by goldfish80(m): 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2016
Mickael2:

I specifically mentioned Rayo. Rayo are a counter attacking team yet they won the possession game. He has no Plan B, ofcourse you can depend on Messi but you need a plan B.

If you have a team with Messi, Neymar and Iniesta and a 22 game unbeaten streak with 9 or 10 draws isn't something to shout about.

There are various ways of playing direct football. You have the long ball technique and the direct passing technique. He uses the direct pass technique, where you always want to move forward and that forces you to fall into a more counter-attack based system, it's simple to understand. What Pulis and Allardyce play is called 'route one' football, long balls.

Managerial style

Gerardo Martino prefers to play a very high pressing and an attacking style of football. At Barcelona, Martino continued the club's preferred style of play tiki-taka along with his own tactics. All of Martino's teams have the same distinguishable traits: they play attack-minded football, they are creative and the style is based on quick passing. In addition, Martino's teams also pressure high up the pitch, play out from the back and depend on their youth systems.
I culled the above from his wiki page. I believe you have the access to edit it accordingly.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by tbaba1234: 5:06pm On Jul 20, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Not a W w. CV.

Not on the level of a MOU but a great manager in his own right. By the time, you take into account the number of top 4 places in different leagues. Can't be compared to Salisu..

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.