Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698406 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
linked:
For me a loan move is a bad move at this stage in his career.. One full season with the ManCity squad will do him much good after which he may chose to go on a loan if it becomes necessary..
what are you saying?

You mean keeping him on bench for the rest of the season will be palatable?

He needs to be active, not neutral
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
safarigirl:
what if it's not his choice?
Then he move and move on sad
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 12:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
blueto:
what are you saying?

You mean keeping him on bench for the rest of the season will be palatable?

He needs to be active, not neutral
He is not even on the bench at the moment... Roberts played their last league game. Nacho is rated ahead of roberts... What do you make of that?

Nacho will get game time if he stays.

N.B
Nacho's absence is injury induced

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
linked:
He is not even on the bench at the moment... Roberts played their last league game. Nacho is rated ahead of roberts... What do you make of that?

Nacho will get game time if he stays.

N.B
Nacho's absence is injury induced

Regular football is precious!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 12:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
blueto:

He can get regular football with City.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
blueto:
I recommend Swansea City.

they posses proficient players aswell. thus, he can compete and develop with them. Remember Bony was from there
Swansea? Don't even know the team dynamics there. How about Liverpool? grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 12:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
Let him go to arsenal.. He can bench giroud grin grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
Because of Awoniyi huh? *smiles*

Meanwhile, u guys should drop it coz I don't see that happening. Nacho can get regular game time with Man City.
But if a loan move should arise, then I'm sure the right club will arise too.

safarigirl:
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Well, look we here....... See who shows up after all this time........ *smiles*

In C.Nwakali, I.Matthew and M.Usman, I know we got better cmf talents in the long run so I'm not really bothered with Alli. Like u said, England can have him....... (I only thought he could be an "addition"wink.

And You're right about this, historically no foreign-bred talent with part Nigerian roots has ever gone on to be legends for the Super Eagles. The only exception might just be Victor Moses in the long run if he keeps doing great. But even Moses was born and bred in Nigeria for the first 9-11 yrs of his life b4 leaving, courtesy of his uncle, for England after both his parents were killed in a riot in the north (in kaduna). SO I COULD SAY YOU'RE 100% within rights to say "no player born or bred outside our Nigerian shores has ever gone on to be great for the Super Eagles". I just hope Leon Balogun and Troost Ekong can become the first in this distinct category as they chose us even b4 we came for them.
IN ALL, LET US INDEED LEAVE THESE PLAYERS BORN ABROAD WITH NIGERIAN BLOOD (EITHER PATERNAL OR MATERNAL) WITH THE CHOICE TO EITHER REPRESENT US OR THEIR COUNTRIES OF BIRTH.
Initially I stood for trying to convince just a few of them with exciting talents because of Victor Moses' obvious role in our 2013 Afcon Triumph (I do wonder how that tournament would hv gone had we not gotten Victor. But I could say the same for Mba. *smiles*)

So, leaving them with that choice with no effort on our part to convince them may just be the way to go after all, NIGERIA'S A NATION OF OVER 174 MILLION CITIZENS LIVING WITHIN HER SHORES AND A FURTHER OVER 2 MILLION CITIZENS SCATTERED ACROSS THE GLOBE. WE HAVE THE TALENTS IN SUPER ABUNDANCE AND THEY'RE ALWAYS FAR BETTER. *smiles*

Happy Independence Sir Icon4s...... *smiles*

Icon4s:

Well, the best players to ever represent Nigeria were neither English born nor tutored.

What happened to the likes of Efan Ekoku,Victor Anichebe, Sone Aluko, Shola Ameobi and Voctor Moses? These were English born/raised players that we held in high hopes but they turned out average or some below Average (though I still see some little prospects in Victor Moses).

England can take Dele Alli for all we care. We have enough talents within that age bracket.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2015
safarigirl:
you sabi find trouble o smiley
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
linked:
Let him go to arsenal.. He can bench giroud grin grin
grin grin lol, funny story. Did you know that was the 2nd team that came to my mind? I just thought "which team needs a striker?" and Arsenal came to mind. Plus, Arsene is good with kids, right?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oh Safarihoney...... *smiles* Funny thing is Arsenal were the first team that came to mind for me. But like I said if the need arises then the right team will come along.

*smiles* Arsenal seems an interesting proposition huh? Hehehe.....

safarigirl:
grin grin lol, funny story. Did you know that was the 2nd team that came to my mind? I just thought "which team needs a striker?" and Arsenal came to mind. Plus, Arsene is good with kids, right?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2015
Icon4s:

Well, the best players to ever represent Nigeria were neither English born nor tutored.

What happened to the likes of Efan Ekoku,Victor Anichebe, Sone Aluko, Shola Ameobi and Voctor Moses? These were English born/raised players that we held in high hopes but they turned out average or some below Average (though I still see some little prospects in Victor Moses).

England can take Dele Alli for all we care. We have enough talents within that age bracket.
Oga sir, welcome back from your self-styled exile. smiley

I have personally missed you.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:18pm On Oct 02, 2015
joseph1013:

welcome back sir. Icon4s

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 4:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
blueto:

it's been a long time. You're welcome back sir. And do u all think man city will descend so low n loan him out to other title rivals(EPL'S TOP 5- u know them all)? I doubt t- city knows his potential.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Report: Celtic keen on Aalesund striker Leke James, scout confirms seeing him play
[/size]
The Nigerian attacker has been in good form recently for the Norwegian club.
It has been rumoured this week that Celtic have had scouts checking on the progress of Nigerian striker Leke James. The 22-year-old has been in excellent form for Norwegian side Aalesund this season – scoring 10 goals in 24 league appearances.
Now Norwegian paper Sunnmorposten has confirmed that Celtic have indeed been scouting the striker.
The first reports came after Celtic scout Oyvind C. Johansen was recently spotted at a game between Aalesund and Tromso in the Norwegian league.
He confirmed he was present at the game to the Norwegian paper but would not confirm going to see James in particular.
However SMP claim that James was the main reason for his visit as Celtic look to see if he has the right qualities to play in Scottish football.
Celtic have of course brought in plenty of players from Scandinavia in the past and the manager Ronny Deila will know James well from his time managing in his native Norway.
Whether or not he has the skillset to swap Norway for Scotland is yet unknown but it certainly seems as though Celtic are keen on keeping tabs on the player.
Would James be a good signing for Celtic?
[/b]

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/01/report-celtic-keen-on-aalesund-striker-leke-james-scout-confirms/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Leke James confirms Celtic’s interest in signing him
[/size]
Celtic have reportedly been scouting Nigerian striker Leke James.

Leke James
Leke James currently plays for Norwegian side Aalesunds, but he has told AfricanFootballthat Celtic are interested in signing him soon, having scouted him in recent weeks.
The young striker said: “It is true that Celtic want me, they scouted me, their scout was here to watch me, but nothing concrete yet. I feel good and excited that a big club like Celtic have shown interest in me. It makes me feel that I am making progress in my career.”
It was reported by Sunnmorposten that Celtic have had a scout keeping tabs on James this term, with Eyvind C. Johansen at the math between Aalesunds and Tromso to track James.
The youngster has confirmed that the Bhoys were in the stands to watch him, and although he failed to score in the 1-1 draw, his 10 goals in 24 games this season have done much to suggest the Nigerian striker is a talent.
He has spent his entire professional career with Aalesunds, scoring 42 goals in 95 games, and Ronny Deila’s knowledge of the Norwegian football market is likely how he became aware of the striker.
James has confirmed that there is nothing yet concrete concerning a potential transfer offer from Celtic, but the Bhoys are sure to continue scouting him, and if the 22-year-old continues his fine form, the Scottish club are sure to approach the striker concerning a move to Parkhead.
Would James be a good signing for Celtic?
[/b]

www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/10/02/leke-james-confirms-celtics-interest-in-signing-him/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2015
/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA................

Yeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

It's official!!!!! Nacho is Back!!!! He's been named in the 18-man match day squad to face Newcastle tomorrow being HIS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

I was spot on when I reported that He might just make his comeback on his birthday. Boyyy!!! Am I glad to have you back Nacho. Welcome back "Alien Kid"....

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Nwakali: Why I’m joining Girona, Not Malaga
[/size]

By Johnny Edward: Former Flying Eagles midfielder, Chidiebere Nwakali, has revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Malaga’s inability to get him a work permit ruined his move to the La Liga outfit. Nwakali, who is set to depart leave for Spain on Friday, exclusively disclosed ‎that his parent club, Manchester City, urged him to join Segunda side Girona. “I was frustrated with the delay, for over five months Malaga couldn’t get me a work permit to play,” Nwakali explained to Comple tesportsnigeria.com. “And that was what prompted my move to terminate the contract and I’m happy with the resolution because now I can focus on football.” Nwakali who will be unveiled officially on Monday has been handed the jersey no.12 at the club. “‎I want to prove myself there because City knows I have a lot to offer,” he added. Nwakali also says he is pleased with the steady rise of his compatriot Kelechi Iheanacho who is currently injured. “He’s doing well and I pray he gets back to full fitness and his best form soon,” he added.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nwakali-why-im-joining-girona-not-malaga/

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wow! No wonder he was restricted to the Malaga 2nd team.... Work permit issues again.

Well, it's ok..... Keep at it Nwakali, the world awaits the Explosion of your obviously awesome midfield talents and evolving abilties. All is well...... *smiles*

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Nwakali: Why I’m joining Girona, Not Malaga
[/size]

By Johnny Edward: Former Flying Eagles midfielder, Chidiebere Nwakali, has revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Malaga’s inability to get him a work permit ruined his move to the La Liga outfit. Nwakali, who is set to depart leave for Spain on Friday, exclusively disclosed ‎that his parent club, Manchester City, urged him to join Segunda side Girona. “I was frustrated with the delay, for over five months Malaga couldn’t get me a work permit to play,” Nwakali explained to Comple tesportsnigeria.com. “And that was what prompted my move to terminate the contract and I’m happy with the resolution because now I can focus on football.” Nwakali who will be unveiled officially on Monday has been handed the jersey no.12 at the club. “‎I want to prove myself there because City knows I have a lot to offer,” he added. Nwakali also says he is pleased with the steady rise of his compatriot Kelechi Iheanacho who is currently injured. “He’s doing well and I pray he gets back to full fitness and his best form soon,” he added.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/nwakali-why-im-joining-girona-not-malaga/

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
joseph1013:

My bro i didn't go on self exile. Seems like one of us hear reported me to the mods that I was posting provocative comments that contravened the nairaland Rule 2 of posting and I was handed a ban.
I dnt want to acuse anybody but God knows I jst came here to air my views as regards football matters. I never insulted anybody. Some of u even acused me of showing hatred on Kelechi Iheanacho.

Abeg guys have my arguments been provocative dat would warant my account being suspended? So we must all now agree on every issue?

I had decided not to visit this thread again but for d sake of some of my good friends here. Talking or analysing football is something I love doing.

We should all know dat we all cannot agree on certain issues in football bc we are all coaches in our various ways.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
Wow!!! Now that's new..... You got banned Sir??

Holy Moses!!!!! Someone reported u Sir?? Oh my goodness!!! So it came to this huh?

Well, I still don't back away from the fact that you actually did rate Bulbwa ahead of Iheanacho right from the u-20 thread. And I don't deny the fact that I thought and still think ur views on Iheanacho are pessimistic or maybe overly conservative with some pessimistic tendencies due of course to ur long stay in and experienced follwership of the game of football which I do acknowledge (and put at an estimate span of probably 37yrs Yeah I suspect u saw the 1978 fifa wc too *smiles*) but refused to be intimidated by.......*smiles* (someone is laughing now huh? Yeah... Yeah... Have it ur way *smiles*)

We do not share same views on Nacho but I've always maintained that no matter what, You have my respects. I don't know who went as far as doing what was done to get you banned but I know this............ You have your views, I have mine. And so does every one in the house. It's quite unfortunate that this happened because now every one who reads that comment of yours will take pity on you and label all the rest of us who disagreed with u on certain issues as the "BAD GUYS".

THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. SO SIR ICONS4, I APOLOGISE ON BEHALF OF EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE INCLUDING THE "MYSTERY ONE" WHO REPORTED U TO THE MOD THAT CAUSED UR BAN.

And to the rest of us, I plead that our understanding be brought to the fore on issues that we may not all agree on. THERE WILL ALWAYS BE PEOPLE WITH VIEWS DIFFERENT FROM YOUR OWN BUT IF WE CAN CHANNEL OUR ARGUMENTS AND POINTS ARIGHT WE CAN GET THE OPPOSING PARTY TO SEE THINGS FROM OUR ANGLE. IF THEY DON'T, THEN FINE!!!!! IT'S NOT BY FORCE!!!!

PLS, I beg everyone here to maintain the "oneness" this thread have come to be associated with. Thank you and God bless.

Once again Sir Icons4, I still don't buy some of your arguments and will never do......*smiles* But like I once said, "I like the way you see some things.........."ONLY" some."

So welcome back Sir......... I'm sorry that had to happen to you *streches hand for a handshake*

*BIG SMILES*

Icon4s:

My bro i didn't go on self exile. One of u hear reported me to the mods that I was posting provocative comments that contravened the nairaland Rule 2 of posting and I was handed a lengthy ban.
I dnt want to acuse anybody but God knows I jst came here to air my views as regards football matters. I never insulted anybody. Some of u even acused me of showing hatred on Kelechi Iheanacho.

Abeg guys have my arguments been provocative dat would warant my account being suspended? So we must all now agree on every issue?

I had decided not to visit this thread again but for d sake of some of my good friends here. Talking or analysing football is something I love doing.

We should all know dat we all cannot agree on certain issues in football bc we are all coaches in our various ways.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 7:42pm On Oct 02, 2015
*BIGGEST SMILE*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:26pm On Oct 02, 2015
Icon4s:

My bro i didn't go on self exile. Seems like one of us hear reported me to the mods that I was posting provocative comments that contravened the nairaland Rule 2 of posting and I was handed a ban.

Now, that's nonsense. We may disagree but we're still a family. It's disingenuous for anyone to report you for airing your views. Like the Yoruba say, that we quarrel does not mean I should wish you dead. It's really uncalled for.

I apologise on the behalf on whoever did this.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Because of Awoniyi huh? *smiles*

Meanwhile, u guys should drop it coz I don't see that happening. Nacho can get regular game time with Man City.
But if a loan move should arise, then I'm sure the right club will arise too.

Actually she's right Liverpool need a clinical striker and Nacho fits the bill.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
I thought I said we should drop this....... Nacho is going no where!!!!! Haba!!!!! At least not for now...
*smiles*
Let Liverpool manage their benteke, ings and sturridge abeg....

Meanwhile, Nacho got a game to prepare for tomorrow which happens to be his BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

He's been named in the 18-man match day squad to face Newcastle.

Tu comprends?
*smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Actually she's right Liverpool need a clinical striker and Nacho fits the bill.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
Icon4s:

Well not English tutored but David Alaba is probably playing at the highest level a Nigerian has ever played. He was on the world best 11 last year.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:51pm On Oct 02, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
I thought I said we should drop this....... Nacho is going no where!!!!! Haba!!!!! At least not for now...
*smiles*
Let Liverpool manage their benteke, ings and sturridge abeg....

Meanwhile, Nacho got a game to prepare for tomorrow which happens to be his BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

He's been named in the 18-man match day squad to face Newcastle.

Tu comprends?
*smiles*

men..imagine Nacho and Sturridge. Ok ill drop it just cuz its ur birthday. Happy Birthday smiley guy.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:55pm On Oct 02, 2015
.........And he's on the recently released but controversial Fifa Ballon D'or 2015 59-man "long list" *smiles*

Guess what? Atsu made the list too but David Silva and Buffon didn't.

Boyyyyy!!!!!! You need to see this list......... I'm stunned. *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Well not English tutored but David Alaba is probably playing at the highest level a Nigerian has ever played. He was on the world best 11 last year.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:06pm On Oct 02, 2015
Oh Lord..... *hits right hand on head and starts shaking it slowly*

No no no Sir...... You misunderstood me. *feels like fainting*

It's not "my birthday" Sir........ It's "NACHO'S"

*smiling and laughing*
Though I do have one coming up soon enough
*winks*

BascoVanVeli:

men..imagine Nacho and Sturridge. Ok ill drop it just cuz its ur birthday. Happy Birthday smiley guy.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
safarigirl:
There's talk of Iheanacho going on loan in January to a Premier league club(supposedly). So, assuming there's truth to it, where do you guys suggest?

If Nacho is to go on loan, ARSENAL will make a good Homs for him. Simply because Nacho actually has a lot of similarities in play with Thierry Henry. Henry was groomed and nurtured into a lethal force by Arsene Wenger.

Also, Arsenal have a good team of specialist injury doctors who can manage Nacho in case he injures again.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.