Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697700 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:07am On Oct 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Always trying to say or insinuate what one isn't saying AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Who rates Nacho above any one now? Na wa o!

Always the same cycle.

You don't have to compare Nacho to anyone Sir because he's distinct and will come through his development as a player without "imitating" anyone. He will learn from them but will not and will never be like them..... Coz he will eventually be "more". Hope that's unnderstood Sir?

Isn't it unfair comparing this guy with players who have at least 3 seasons of top flight football?

But you wanna go that way ....... Fine!!!!!!

Let's take Bony who has "the stamina and power" Nacho "lacks".... He came in for Aguero and had no sniff of the goal at all....... What good was his "experience or stamina" then? Huh?
Nacho came in moments later after Bony came in and sent Tim krul diving at full stretch (despite not coming in to fill the no.9 role coz of Bony)....... He's developing YES!!!! BUT I dare say he possesses precocious qualities better than players like Bony. And you say he can't star in this "Stars-studded" team..... That's a laugh!

Even Sterling's pace was not quite effective in the game. He was subbed off and a player most of us on this thread don't rate highly came in and worked "THE MAGIC".

NACHO JUST CLOCKED 19 TODAY AND HE'S ALREADY MAKING HIS MARK IN THE EPL'S MOST EXPENSIVE SQUAD OCCASIONALLY OUTSHINING SOME OF THE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS HE'S LEARNING FROM. Give the boy some credit coz He can walk into Arsenal's or even Tottenham's first team (of course, you're an arsenal fan. You mite not agree.....*smiles*).

So far, he has close to 25mins of top flight soccer and already has a goal and some classy plays to show for it.... What else must he do to show u that "THIS TALENT IS VERY PRECOCIOUS AND CAN BE BETTER THAN YOU THINK" OR THAT HE MERITS A SPOT AT MAN CITY'S TOP SQUAD.....

SIR, just quit all the "conservative talk" and let truth lead u...... Thanks for reading thru. *smiles*

Haha the way u guys praise Iheanacho it jst seem as if he is better than the rest of the City squad. I like the patriotism. Some one has already said he will turn out to be like Ronaldo. I hope and pray so.I follow Nigerian players youth development and i have over the yrs learnt alot on my expectations on our youth players .In 5-10 yrs time some of u would probably b reasoning d way I do. I hope Iheanacho turns out to b next Ronaldo as some1 said.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2015
Icon4s has started again with his elementary analysis. I wonder why he chooses to continually pick on my boys, Awoniyi and Iheanacho. He doesn't even care about other players, just the 2 boys that are the faces of Nigeria's new generation football. I no wan talk sef, today is Sunday

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ok Sir...... Good to have u back finally. *looks like u left my handshake hanging back there but it's alright* *smiles*

Alright people, here we go again....... *smiles*

Nacho lacks pace? Are u serious Sir?

Lacks power strikes? Are u kidding me?

Lacks ball-holding abilities and dribbling? Ok now........ I've had it!!!! *smiles*

I was the first to apologise for ur ban so it's only logical that I be the first to "boldly" say, "Sir, You're off the radar this time...... AND THIS ISN'T ABOUT OPINION BUT ABOUT TRUTH....."

You're right about his stamina. Maybe about his ground-stability( I.e. Centre of gravity), u're rite too.

But u're so not on point with the rest. Positional ability alone didn't get him that goal against Crystal palace...... Pace and quickness of feet played a role too.

It may be his first season in English football but he certainly possess some qualities that he's still growing into.

NOTE: You're welcome back. You have everyone's sympathy. You have my respects. And I understand everyone will wanna back off from u for a while thereby allowing u escape with these kind of comments........ But not me Sir. NO WAY.... *SMILES*

MAYBE YOU'RE THINKING IT'S ME RITE.............. Hahahahaahahhaha........

Ok, It's true we all have our views but pls let's not cunningly hide under that "umbrella" of "differing views are to be respected" and think we can make certain comments which can actually be countered with facts, proofs and statistics.

I'm not letting this one go..... No way!

Nacho deserves ur respect Sir. No pace? No Power strikes? (What was that which tim krul palmed away huh? A paper shot?). No dribbling abilty? Na wa o!

Here we go again.......

u read my mind on this issue. Was about saying d same thing... N to those saying arsenal n liverpool 'll be a home for him if he/club decides going/sending him out on loan-i doubt t-cos city 'll never make such a mistake by adding to dia enemies armoury. Totteham 'll do him good. -Just my take-
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2015
Please, tell me the young Nigerian talent that failed that makes you believe a young Nigerian has no chance.

Listen to Pellegrini. Pellegrini said Iheanacho is the future of Man City. Do you think Pellegrini does not know what he is saying?

Icon4s:

Haha the way u guys praise Iheanacho it jst seem as if he is better than the rest of the City squad. I like the patriotism. Some one has already said he will turn out to be like Ronaldo. I hope and pray so.I follow Nigerian players youth development and i have over the yrs learnt alot on my expectations on our youth players .In 5-10 yrs time some of u would probably b reasoning d way I do. I hope Iheanacho turns out to b next Ronaldo as some1 said.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:26pm On Oct 04, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Please, tell methe young Nigerian talent that failed that makes you believe a young Nigerian has no chance.

Listen to Pellegrini. Pellegrini said Iheanacho is the future of Man City. Do you think Pellegrini does not know what he is saying?

nna bikonu leave him alone. Everybody should just leave Icon on this Iheanacho matter, it's obvious nothing we say here will change his stance, make una no dey waste MB to quote am

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Oct 04, 2015
AIG07:
it's been a long time. You're welcome back sir. And do u all think man city will descend so low n loan him out to other title rivals(EPL'S TOP 5- u know them all)? I doubt t- city knows his potential.
Yea, a while from sports section, and its like I am gaincoming now.

Although, I don't possess an immaculate reminiscence of your moniker, but I can decipher that you are a sports pundit. And that is logical and palatable.

I still remain resolute to what I formally opined, Because I predicate that sometimes, people(man city) can resort to being a pragmatist of what is unprecedented and unpredictable dispensations.

Besides, Swansea City, of which I earlier recommeded is not a bonafide rivalry to Man City, according to a personal contemplatory appraisal resulting from my calibration.

So my assumption on this particular premise remains stationary.

Thanks in profusion.

Apologises for the deferred reply. my phone was in a recumbent solitary state before now.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 11:49pm On Oct 04, 2015
Meanwhile y'all should checkout http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/player-topic-kelechi-iheanacho-2015-16.314691/page-42 for info on what City fans think of Kelechi after yesterday's game. Some think he'll soon oust Bony from his position

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jieta: 1:26am On Oct 05, 2015
blueto:
Yea, a while from sports section, and its like I am gaincoming now.

Although, I don't possess an immaculate reminiscence of your moniker, but I can decipher that you are a sports pundit. And that is logical and palatable.

I still remain resolute to what I formally opined, Because I predicate that sometimes, people(man city) can resort to being a pragmatist of what is unprecedented and unpredictable dispensations.

Besides, Swansea City, of which I earlier recommeded is not a bonafide rivalry to Man City, according to a personal contemplatory appraisal resulting from my calibration.

So my assumption on this particular premise remains stationary.

Thanks in profusion.

Apologises for the deferred reply. my phone was in a recumbent solitary state before now.
what is the point using all this unnecessary grammar jst to drive a point is uncall for
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 05, 2015
jieta:
what is the point using all this unnecessary grammar jst to drive a point is uncall for
Apologises Sir.

Please remit any aggravation this might cause you.

It is my dictional hallmark.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by jieta: 6:46am On Oct 05, 2015
blueto:
Apologises Sir.
Please remit any aggravation this might cause you.
It is my dictional hallmark.
hiss
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:54am On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
nna bikonu leave him alone. Everybody should just leave Icon on this Iheanacho matter, it's obvious nothing we say here will change his stance, make una no dey waste MB to quote am

Madam, comments like these can be inciting and uncalled for. I want to believe we are all matured minds here and every one is capable of making decisions for him selve. Pls dont fuel any unnecessary rift amongst us. We are jst discussing our views, it has nt gotten to what u are trying to introduce here pls.

Despite that we hold different views on several issues we are all still friends.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:18am On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
Meanwhile y'all should checkout forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/thread/player-topic-kelechi-iheanacho-2015-16.314691/page-42 for info on what City fans think of Kelechi after yesterday's game. Some think he'll soon oust Bony from his position

ERROR Page. Wanna share the comments?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:47am On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Madam, comments like these can be inciting and uncalled for. I want to believe we are all matured minds here and every one is capable of making decisions for him selve. Pls dont fuel any unnecessary rift amongst us. We are jst discussing our views, it has nt gotten to what u are trying to introduce here pls.

Despite that we hold different views on several issues we are all still friends.
I'm trying to stop the rift, you're the one propagating it. If each person decides to take your dislike for Iheanacho and Awoniyi seriously, it will end in insults being thrown around. None of your comments have portrayed maturity, so don't use that term as the ground to say whatever uninformed crap you feel about those boys and think you can get away with it. You're the only person constantly attacking our boys here UNNECESSARILY and you expect people to waste arguments on your spiteful words? You reduce their efforts to rubbish and then claim you support and wish them the best just so nobody will call you a hater, we may overlook some things, but don't confuse youth for stewpidity. We're not stewpid. The sooner you stop throwing immature jabs at 2 teenagers, the better we'll get along here sir. Thank God today is Monday
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2015
joseph1013:

ERROR Page. Wanna share the comments?
will be a bit difficult, but lemme see how I'll manipulate it
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
will be a bit difficult, but lemme see how I'll manipulate it

Do screenshots.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2015
Victor Moses has pulled out from the upcoming friendlies now I'm waiting for the right thing to be done. Either Success or Iheanacho should be called to replace him or even both cuz I read our home players can't get visa.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:22am On Oct 05, 2015
blueinsa he has the main ingredient for all great players and it's bags of confidence in his abilities simon23 he reminds me a lot of sturridge in that he ain't afraid to try things....hopefully he'll get better and better The Northern Baptist better than Bony. He got the moves like Sturridge, he got the moves like sturridge, he got the moooooves like Sturridge blinkblue He'd have scored 4/5 this season if he'd been given the same amount of game time as Bony in my opinion. Not a slight to Bony, he's just a tremendously good, young player therewasatime from what I have seen and heard of him, he's not a pure number 9. He's more of a silva'esque mix of 9 and 10. Extremely calm and composed with the ball at his feet. I felt he got bullied once or twice today, but overall intelligence is commendable Manchester_lala pretty convinced we re-signed Sturridge today bluemoon98 did more than bony did when he came on(this guy is a little biased towards Iheanacho) donachieandchadvalleybigleague I really want to see Bony do well, but my feeling is Nacho is currently the better choice over Bony if Sergio is rested or injured. He offers more generally, but movement stood out for me
these are the few I painstakingly got. Make una appreciate. You can visit forum.bluemoon.co.uk and check out discussion boards for more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:29am On Oct 05, 2015
joseph1013:

Do screenshots.
my phone can't do any of that. It's a symbian phone, but I've posted the few I could get
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
I'm trying to stop the rift, you're the one propagating it. If each person decides to take your dislike for Iheanacho and Awoniyi seriously, it will end in insults being thrown around. None of your comments have portrayed maturity, so don't use that term as the ground to say whatever uninformed crap you feel about those boys and think you can get away with it. You're the only person constantly attacking our boys here UNNECESSARILY and you expect people to waste arguments on your spiteful words? You reduce their efforts to rubbish and then claim you support and wish them the best just so nobody will call you a hater, we may overlook some things, but don't confuse youth for stewpidity. We're not stewpid. The sooner you stop throwing immature jabs at 2 teenagers, the better we'll get along here sir. Thank God today is Monday

What do u term throwing of jabs in this context? That I have the view that d boy is talented but is not there yet and needs time to mature? And u call that hate?

Pls I dnt want to have any rift with any one on this forum. See our arguments here as a game and nt as if we are here to crucify anybody or throw "Jabs", as u call it, at any player. Just take things easy we are not in a Law court. grin

Did u go for lectures today? wink
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:30am On Oct 05, 2015
Tell me the players that flopped that makes you believe a Nigerian player can not reach the pinnacle of football.

You keep saying you have seen. Tell us what you saw.

Icon4s:

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

What do u term throwing of jabs in this context? That I have the view that d boy is talented but is not there yet and needs time to mature? And u call that hate?

Pls I dnt want to have any rift with any one on this forum. See our arguments here as a game and nt as if we are here to crucify anybody or throw "Jabs", as u call it, at any player. Just take things easy we are not in a Law court. grin

Did u go for lectures today? wink

if you've read your posts and see nothing wrong with them, fine. Didn't go for lectures, I'm on holidays till mid-October
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2015
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 11:21am On Oct 05, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Tell me the players that flopped that makes you believe a Nigerian player can not reach the pinnacle of football.

You keep saying you have seen. Tell us what you saw.

I am not saying no Nigerian player can reach the pinnacle of world football neither am I saying Iheanacho cannot be the best in the world.

And I think folks here have largely misunderstood what I have been saying all along.

What I have been saying is: Kelechi Iheanacho is a talented player but he is not there yet. And that is what u guys dont want to here, that phrase "not yet there". We need to see him more of him in action. He needs more playing time to build up the stamina, strenght, skills, pace and what have for an EPL player. That is what i have been saying. Except u guys are twlling me he already has all those enough to b among d best in d EPL.U guys are free to say he now belongs to d class of Aguero , Nasri, Da Silva and co. But that is nt what I see yet. This is jst 2months into his first EPL season. He has barely played upto 30mins put together so there is no way I would want to rate him as high as d other regular, Older City attacking Midfielders yet.

If you saw the pre-match analysis ahead of the Arsenal vs Manu game, one of the analyst was asked to comment abt the comparison being made of Anthony Martial and Thiery Henry. And he simply said he needs to see more of Martial especially against serious oppositions.

U guys are really misunderstanding me.

On Nigerian talented youth players that never rose to their full potential u know d list is so long but I will jst name a few.

1. Gbenga Okunowo was d 1997 flying Eagles captain. A talented defender that got signed by Barcelona in 1999/2000. I dnt think he played more than 2 seasons before he was sold out. He featured in our defence at 2000 AFCON and dat was d last.

2. Batholomew Ogbeche and Christian Obodo were members of the 2001 Flying Eagles. Obodo who was nicknamed bundle of skills was expected to b d next JJ Okocha. He signed for Peruggia of Italy from I think Enugu Rangers. Expectations were high on him and he struggled until wNigerians gradually turned there eyes away from him. His compatriot Ogbeche was a talented and athletic striker signef by PSG in 2001. He made the 2002 WC team due to some flashes of brilliance in 2 pre-world cup friendlies. Remember his famous bicycle kick that rocked d cross bar?

4. Joel Obi was simply sensational as teenage Midfielder at Inter-Milan. He was a spectacle to watch in d midfield. U and I know wherw Injury has kept him now.

5. Obafemi Martins. Though i would say he had jst a descent or fair career, he was expected to rival Rasheed Yekini's goal scoring record. U and I know how Martín. s finished.

6.Rabiu Ibrahim. Another exceptionally talented Midfielder that had the statue, passing and dribbling skills like Okocha.U know where his game is today.

7. Victor Anichebe: He was an 18yrs old starlet at Everton around 2005. Nigerian sports enthusiasts celebrated his switch of nationality. Hopes were high and where is Anichebe's game today.

8. Victor Moses. Though i still personallt feel he still has a lot to offer. But going by how this young man was rated like 3yrs ago by now he should b competing with d likes of Alexis, Håzard, Da Silva and co.

9. Others: Haruna Lukman, Uche Nwofor,Macauley Chrisantus, Ganiu Oseni, Rabiu Afolabi, Julius Aghahowa, Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi.

I am not saying that Iheanacho will definitely thow that path. I am jst saying lets see him play more games before classifying him among the best in the EPL.

I expect some of us here to come out and tell me all d players I mentioned are not as talented as Iheanacho.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:36pm On Oct 05, 2015
We need to cross check Victor Moses cuz West Ham is known for holding back African players from their countries
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:39pm On Oct 05, 2015
safarigirl:
if you've read your posts and see nothing wrong with them, fine. Didn't go for lectures, I'm on holidays till mid-October

Nne, I bu kwa Nwa nnem o. wink

I guess u attend UniAbuja. Enjoy ur hols.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:40pm On Oct 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
We need to cross check Victor Moses cuz West Ham is known for holding back African players from their countries

Y? Will he not show up for d 2 friendlies?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:00pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Y? Will he not show up for d 2 friendlies?
No he sent a letter to the NFF saying he needs rest to prevent injury.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

No he sent a letter to the NFF saying he needs rest to prevent injury.
Hmmm meanwhile Bolasie will b available for DR Congo. This is one d reasons Keshi liked banking on home based plus unknown and action hungary players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Hmmm meanwhile Bolasie will b available for DR Congo. This is one d reasons Keshi liked banking on home based plus unknown and action hungary players.

Abeg leave that home based talk do u work for the league or something? Who playing in Nigeria is even experienced enough to park Victor Moses car? Our league is whack and everybody but you knows that. I understand being patriotic but at some point you have to face the facts. European clubs are not model agencies they don't sign these guys because they look good they sign them because they are the best simple and plain.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2015
Icon4s:

Nne, I bu kwa Nwa nnem o. wink
I guess u attend UniAbuja. Enjoy ur hols.
yes and thanks
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:11pm On Oct 05, 2015
U rite Sir. This may be one of West Ham's Subtle tricks to hold back Moses. They did same with Diafra Sakho in the Senegal vs. West ham war.

But it's ok.... Let it go. At least he should be available for November's world cup qualifying double-header.

BascoVanVeli:

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.