Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,524 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697702 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:58pm On Oct 02, 2015
Please no more reporting because if different opinions. If we all share the same opinions, there will be no need for debates and this thread.

Different opinions fuels debates and keeps the thread moving. Welcome Icon4s. Accept our apologies.

Icon4s:

My bro i didn't go on self exile. Seems like one of us hear reported me to the mods that I was posting provocative comments that contravened the nairaland Rule 2 of posting and I was handed a ban.
I dnt want to acuse anybody but God knows I jst came here to air my views as regards football matters. I never insulted anybody. Some of u even acused me of showing hatred on Kelechi Iheanacho.

Abeg guys have my arguments been provocative dat would warant my account being suspended? So we must all now agree on every issue?

I had decided not to visit this thread again but for d sake of some of my good friends here. Talking or analysing football is something I love doing.

We should all know dat we all cannot agree on certain issues in football bc we are all coaches in our various ways.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:04pm On Oct 02, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Actually she's right Liverpool need a clinical striker and Nacho fits the bill.

Brendan Rogers is one of the most gifted tacticians in the game today but he is biased when it comes to English players. Remember how badly he treated Victor Moses. Look at the team now, Origi will make a better finisher than Ings but because of Rogers Bias, Ings will always take the nod. So despite Roger's brilliance, his bias is taking Liverpool down. He is jot the right choice for Nacho. I do not think Nacho will go out on loan unless Txiki and Pellegrini have found a striker coming in January.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2015
Happy birthday to Iheanacho!
Don't tell me u're also october born@sir. The Supernerd

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by zuchyblink(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2015
Nacho will score a wonderful goal today
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

My bro i didn't go on self exile. Seems like one of us hear reported me to the mods that I was posting provocative comments that contravened the nairaland Rule 2 of posting and I was handed a ban.
I dnt want to acuse anybody but God knows I jst came here to air my views as regards football matters. I never insulted anybody. Some of u even acused me of showing hatred on Kelechi Iheanacho.

Abeg guys have my arguments been provocative dat would warant my account being suspended? So we must all now agree on every issue?

I had decided not to visit this thread again but for d sake of some of my good friends here. Talking or analysing football is something I love doing.

We should all know dat we all cannot agree on certain issues in football bc we are all coaches in our various ways.
na wa o, how dem go report you for Rule 2? Some people have no chill. Welcome back sha, was wondering why you've been quiet. And yes, your last posts on Iheanacho showed you don't wish him the best at all. Irrespective of what you really mean, what your comments connote is disturbing. Welcome
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 4:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
safarigirl:
na wa o, how dem go report you for Rule 2? Some people have no chill. Welcome back sha, was wondering why you've been quiet. And yes, your last posts on Iheanacho showed you don't wish him the best at all. Irrespective of what you really mean, what your comments connote is disturbing. Welcome

Madam, though i dnt wish to go back to what led to my ban but i jst want to point it out clear. I DO NOT HATE KELECHI IHEANACHO. What I have been saying and will still say for some time to come is Kelechi is talented but he is not there yet. How can u say I dont wish my own country man well? Btw with all the negative comments u Safarigirl have been making about Isaac Success will I now say u hate Success or do not want the best for him? I jst know its bc u prefare Awoniyi in that position and which is ok if u have ur valid reasons. I know u will equally think I dnt want d best for Awoniyi bc I rate Success and Junior Ajayi ahead of him.These variations in d wey we rate players will always b there so dnt feel offended if I tell u Iheanacho is nt yet in d class of Aguero, Navas, Nasri, Da Silva and Bony. That is what I see. U can rate him (Iheanacho) ahead of Messi and Ronaldo. Fine, that is what you see.

I know we all cannot always be on d same sides of arguments, we owe it to ourselves to respect each others views and move on.

U, Safarigirl even acused me of posting a provocative comment and pissing u off, U even made a comment and refered to me as something like "so called experienced expert" I had to overlook bc I dnt want to have a quarrel with anyone here plus I respect women a lot.And more so as u are d First Lady of the sports section.

Well, we are still friends and may still b on diff sides of the arguments.Thanks for welcoming me back wink

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2015
Look at his first touch-what a confident! He had a wonderful day though.
But, 'walahi' as an hausa man will say-KUN AGUERO IS one of the finest strikers in d world

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 5:56pm On Oct 03, 2015
You just can't deny "class" when it's in motion. And to think he's still improving? Mehn!!! Nacho's continual improvements should frighten opponents. With such class at just 19( his birthday today), this lad can go on to be the best there is. He's still improving but booyyyyy!!!!!!! His class just can't be ignored rite now.

As for that "wicked" and "heartless" Assasin of a player called KUN AGUERO, I only have "3" words, "WHAT A BEASTTTTT!!!!!!!!!"

AIG07:
Look at his first touch-what a confident! He had a wonderful day though.
But, 'walahi' as an hausa man will say-KUN AGUERO IS one of the finest strikers in d world

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 6:16pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Madam, though i dnt wish to go back to what led to my ban but i jst want to point it out clear. I DO NOT HATE KELECHI IHEANACHO. What I have been saying and will still say for some time to come is Kelechi is talented but he is not there yet. How can u say I dont wish my own country man well? Btw with all the negative comments u Safarigirl have been making about Isaac Success will I now say u hate Success or do not want the best for him? I jst know its bc u prefare Awoniyi in that position and which is ok if u have ur valid reasons. I know u will equally think I dnt want d best for Awoniyi bc I rate Success and Junior Ajayi ahead of him.These variations in d wey we rate players will always b there so dnt feel offended if I tell u Iheanacho is nt yet in d class of Aguero, Navas, Nasri, Da Silva and Bony. That is what I see. U can rate him (Iheanacho) ahead of Messi and Ronaldo. Fine, that is what you see.

I know we all cannot always be on d same sides of arguments, we owe it to ourselves to respect each others views and move on.

U, Safarigirl even acused me of posting a provocative comment and pissing u off, U even made a comment and refered to me as something like "so called experienced expert" I had to overlook bc I dnt want to have a quarrel with anyone here plus I respect women a lot.And more so as u are d First Lady of the sports section.

Well, we are still friends and may still b on diff sides of the arguments.Thanks for welcoming me back wink
I wasn't making any bad belle comments on Success regarding his club career and all my comments were '...in comparison to...', and I certainly left that in the U20 thread, but you've carried yours here and you have a bad comment for him at least 3 times a week, not in comparison to others, but to spite and deride. You can only imagine how everyone here interpretes these comments if someone reported you supposedly cuz of it. I was certainly never reported for my Success jabs, so it didn't read as yours do. I was really eager to get your reply when I quoted you on those jabs, almost unfair that I didn't get it
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2015
Personal me thinks that iheanacho should improve on his speed and stamina.

He hardly holds the ball in his leg, unlike bony, augero , and most of his competitors..

And also he needs to improve on aerial battles.

But I hope he improves with time.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 6:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
krattoss:

He hardly holds the ball in his leg, unlike bony, augero , and most of his competitors..

On point. The premier league is so physically demanding.. Guess he'll adjust.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2015
safarigirl:
I wasn't making any bad belle comments on Success regarding his club career and all my comments were '...in comparison to...', and I certainly left that in the U20 thread, but you've carried yours here and you have a bad comment for him at least 3 times a week, not in comparison to others, but to spite and deride. You can only imagine how everyone here interpretes these comments if someone reported you supposedly cuz of it. I was certainly never reported for my Success jabs, so it didn't read as yours do. I was really eager to get your reply when I quoted you on those jabs, almost unfair that I didn't get it

Did u by chance study Law or anything close to it? Cos ur comments can even make it seem as if the Pope is a muslim grin

Well my Sister we are here to discuss football. I should b d last person to have any thing against any Nigerian player.
It is my wish that Nigeria returns to its glory days in football. One thing i do and loves doing is following of Youth players.

I am the kind of person that will prefare to watch Nigeria U23 Vs Congo U23 ahead of Chelsea vs Arsenal game even though I am an Arsenal fan.

As I always say, every football fan is a coach; so we can not all agree on issues of team selection. And i will give kudos to u Safarigirl for ur level of followership and knowledge of the game for a woman. My wife for eg does nt even know d name of Super Eagles no 1 keeper. grin

In other news what da heck is wrong with Chelsea grin grin Hope they are nt relegation bound. grin

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:31pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Did u by chance study Law or anything close to it? Cos ur comments can even make it seem as if the Pope is a muslim grin

Well my Sister we are here to discuss football. I should b d last person to have any thing against any Nigerian player.
It is my wish that Nigeria returns to its glory days in football. One thing i do and loves doing is following of Youth players.

I am the kind of person that will prefare to watch Nigeria U23 Vs Congo U23 ahead of Chelsea vs Arsenal game even though I am an Arsenal fan.

As I always say, every football fan is a coach; so we can not all agree on issues of team selection. And i will give kudos to u Safarigirl for ur level of followership and knowledge of the game for a woman. My wife for eg does nt even know d name of Super Eagles no 1 keeper. grin

In other news what da heck is wrong with Chelsea grin grin Hope they are nt relegation bound. grin
studying Law actually. Thanks. And as for Chelsea? 16th on the table is shameful at best, even Moyes didn't have it this bad

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2015
The "Eva Carneiro" Withdrawal Syndrome is a major implication in my differential diagnosis of Chelsea's misfortunes.........
*smiles*

Such a pity I must say.... It's being said that it's an 'insult' comparing Moyes to this current mourinho......... Things are that bad......

Well, wish them recovery soon coz as it stands "stamford bridge" has fallen.... Oh Safarigirl..... My "fair" lady....... *smiles*

safarigirl:
studying Law actually. Thanks. And as for Chelsea? 16th on the table is shameful at best, even Moyes didn't have it this bad

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
safarigirl:

You see... I can smell one from afar. My youngest Sister is a Lawyer. U cant beat her in any argument. U guys have a way of turning an argument against an opposition.

As for Chelsea's case I wish they even relegate make person hear word.Let me c whether those there foul mouthed fans will support a Championship team. grin

It even måkes me feel more disappointed in Wenger. Arsenal remains d only team dat Chelsea has beaten at Stamford bridge this season. Wenger shows too much reapect for Mourinho.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:08pm On Oct 03, 2015
krattoss:

Hopefully with time he will mature into d top EPL player we expect him to be.He is still work in progress. (Hope I dnt get reported for this again lipsrsealed)
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

You see... I can smell one from afar. My youngest Sister is a Lawyer. U cant beat her in any argument. U guys have a way of turning an argument against an opposition.

As for Chelsea's case I wish they even relegate make person hear word.Let me c whether those there foul mouthed fans will support a lower team. grin

It even måkes me feel more disappointed in Wenger. Arsenal remains d only team dat Chelsea has beaten at Stamford bridge this season. Wenger shows too much reapect for Mourinho.
Arsenal had the unfortunate luck of having 2 players sent off against Chelsea rather unfairly in their defense
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
safarigirl:
Arsenal had the unfortunate luck of having 2 players sent off against Chelsea rather unfairly in their defense

Like play like play, Chelsea are currently battling relegation. Mourinho has been finally humbled.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Success yes but adding Junior Ajayi is an insult to Awoniyi. They are not even on the same planet right now or ever. Sure Ajayi is an hard worker but so is Taiwo who is more technically sound and also finishes better. Just my opinion i might be wrong.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Like play like play, Chelsea are currently battling relegation. Mourinho has been finally humbled.
barely so. You should watch his post-match interviews, pure arrogance, blames the refree and refuses to admit they lost fair and square. I love Mourinho! cheesy cheesy
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2015
linked:
On point. The premier league is so physically demanding.. Guess he'll adjust.

He doesn't have d pace, Stamina and ball holding capabilities of Sterling, Nasri and Da Silva yet nor the Dribbling, ball holding, stamina, ground stability and power strike capabilities of Aguero yet. But one thing I have discovered he has is good positional abilities.

This is his first season in top flight football. The EPL is highly physical, he will mature and improve with age.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Success yes but adding Junior Ajayi is an insult to Awoniyi. They are not even on the same planet right now or ever. Sure Ajayi is an hard worker but so is Taiwo who is more technically sound and also finishes better. Just my opinion i might be wrong.

Well, that is ur observation u may b right in ur own way.

Did u ever watch Junior Ajayi when he was at 3SC? He was already a pro-league player while Awoniyi was jst training with d academies, waiting for his 18 birthday to sign a professional contract as at when this comparison was made. In that return game against Congo during d Olympic qualifiers Ajayi was more ready for the game both tacticaly and physically ahead of Awoniyi.

Plus, my brother most of us watch match day action for at most 90mins bt there are some that watch these guys during daily training sessions. Some times actions on d pitch may negate or make positive actions on training grounds which is y i am one of d few dat didnt completely blame Manu Garba for the failure at New Zealand.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:09pm On Oct 03, 2015
krattoss:

Well he just came back from an injury so you could expect that but we really can't make any assessments the game was well over when he came in although he did take his signature shot which was well saved.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:22pm On Oct 03, 2015
Ok Sir...... Good to have u back finally. *looks like u left my handshake hanging back there but it's alright* *smiles*

Alright people, here we go again....... *smiles*

Nacho lacks pace? Are u serious Sir?

Lacks power strikes? Are u kidding me?

Lacks ball-holding abilities and dribbling? Ok now........ I've had it!!!! *smiles*

I was the first to apologise for ur ban so it's only logical that I be the first to "boldly" say, "Sir, You're off the radar this time...... AND THIS ISN'T ABOUT OPINION BUT ABOUT TRUTH....."

You're right about his stamina. Maybe about his ground-stability( I.e. Centre of gravity), u're rite too.

But u're so not on point with the rest. Positional ability alone didn't get him that goal against Crystal palace...... Pace and quickness of feet played a role too.

It may be his first season in English football but he certainly possess some qualities that he's still growing into.

NOTE: You're welcome back. You have everyone's sympathy. You have my respects. And I understand everyone will wanna back off from u for a while thereby allowing u escape with these kind of comments........ But not me Sir. NO WAY.... *SMILES*

MAYBE YOU'RE THINKING IT'S ME RITE.............. Hahahahaahahhaha........

Ok, It's true we all have our views but pls let's not cunningly hide under that "umbrella" of "differing views are to be respected" and think we can make certain comments which can actually be countered with facts, proofs and statistics.

I'm not letting this one go..... No way!

Nacho deserves ur respect Sir. No pace? No Power strikes? (What was that which tim krul palmed away huh? A paper shot?). No dribbling abilty? Na wa o!

Here we go again.......

Icon4s:

He doesn't have d pace, Stamina and ball holding capabilities of Sterling, Nasri and Da Silva yet nor the Dribbling, ball holding, stamina, ground stability and power strike capabilities of Aguero yet. But one thing I have discovered he has is good positional abilities.

This is his first season in top flight football. The EPL is highly physical, he will mature and improve with age.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

Well, that is ur observation u may b right in ur own way.

Did u ever watch Junior Ajayi when he was at 3SC? He was already a pro-league player while Awoniyi was jst training with d academies, waiting for his 18 birthday to sign a professional contract as at when this comparison was made. In that return game against Congo during d Olympic qualifiers Ajayi was more ready for the game both tacticaly and physically ahead of Awoniyi.

Plus, my brother most of us watch match day action for at most 90mins bt there are some that watch these guys during daily training sessions. Some times actions on d pitch may negate or make positive actions on training grounds which is y i am one of d few dat completely blamed Manu Garba for the failure at New Zealand.

My brother you are so wrong, it is not a few people that completely blamed Manu for our failure in New Zealand. I'm guessing 90 percent of 180 million.

First of all Awoniyi would not only thrive in our league he would be hands down the best. I refer to the super six. Awoniyi took on two central backs each game never complained scored goals and was the best player. It is simple our league could not afford the boy.
Ajayi's price was 1.5 million if he was so good why were only African teams asking? No offence to the brother I do wish him the best, let me say that before I say this. In the game in question Awoniyi was injured that was why Siasia allowed Ajayi to remain in the game after missing i don't know how many chances. Even in Congo he was a suspect on alot of misses if Awoniyi was in Congo, as a matter of fact let me not go that far. Awoniyi got the team to Congo in the first place. This academy talk should have been thrown out the window when the Kano Pillars couldn't beat 10 "academy boys".

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Ok Sir...... Good to have u back finally. *looks like u left my handshake hanging back there but it's alright* *smiles*

Alright people, here we go again....... *smiles*

Nacho lacks pace? Are u serious Sir?

Lacks power strikes? Are u kidding me?

Lacks ball-holding abilities and dribbling? Ok now........ I've had it!!!! *smiles*

I was the first to apologise for ur ban so it's only logical that I be the first to "boldly" say, "Sir, You're off the radar this time...... AND THIS ISN'T ABOUT OPINION BUT ABOUT TRUTH....."

You're right about his stamina. Maybe about his ground-stability( I.e. Centre of gravity), u're rite too.

But u're so not on point with the rest. Positional ability alone didn't get him that goal against Crystal palace...... Pace and quickness of feet played a role too.

It may be his first season in English football but he certainly possess some qualities that he's still growing into.

NOTE: You're welcome back. You have everyone's sympathy. You have my respects. And I understand everyone will wanna back off from u for a while thereby allowing u escape with these kind of comments........ But not me Sir. NO WAY.... *SMILES*

MAYBE YOU'RE THINKING IT'S ME RITE.............. Hahahahaahahhaha........

Ok, It's true we all have our views but pls let's not cunningly hide under that "umbrella" of "differing views are to be respected" and think we can make certain comments which can actually be countered with facts, proofs and statistics.

I'm not letting this one go..... No way!

Nacho deserves ur respect Sir. No pace? No Power strikes? (What was that which tim krul palmed away huh? A paper shot?). No dribbling abilty? Na wa o!

Here we go again.......

Pardon me Sir. I return d hand shake.
Talking abt Iheanacho, the attributes i listed were as compared to his attacking midfield team mates. Pls go back to my post on that issue and read again.
His current abilities may earn him a starting position in a mid or lower table team bt nt with this stars studded City side. At least nt yet.Except u are telling me u are rating Iheanacho above the likes of Da Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Nasri, Navas and Bony.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2015
I think Iheanacho will end up being more Ronaldo than Messi. I see similar personalities. Iheanacho is not greedy but the kid loves to score, and na wa for that Tim Krull guy he decided to make the save of the game when Nacho could have had his second goal of the season.

Still awaiting that call up.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

My brother you are so wrong, it is not a few people that completely blamed Manu for our failure in New Zealand. I'm guessing 90 percent of 180 million.

First of all Awoniyi would not only thrive in our league he would be hands down the best. I refer to the super six. Awoniyi took on two central backs each game never complained scored goals and was the best player. It is simple our league could not afford the boy.
Ajayi's price was 1.5 million if he was so good why were only African teams asking? No offence to the brother I do wish him the best, let me say that before I say this. In the game in question Awoniyi was injured that was why Siasia allowed Ajayi to remain in the game after missing i don't know how many chances. Even in Congo he was a suspect on alot of misses if Awoniyi was in Congo, as a matter of fact let me not go that far. Awoniyi got the team to Congo in the first place. This academy talk should have been thrown out the window when the Kano Pillars couldn't beat 10 "academy boys".

I made a mistake in when i was refering to Manu's case. I meant i was among d very few that did nt completely blame Manu.

As for the Super-6. The U23 team was represented by the 'B' team. The 'A' team which also had Junior Ajayi were in Tunisia on a 2legged friendly where they drew the first game and won d second.

As for Awoniyi helping d team qualify to play Congo, the first Olympic qualifier Nigeria played was against Congo.No game before that. Nigeria was drawn-by to meet d winner of Ghana Vs Congo.
The game u were referring to that Awoniyi helped the team win was d African Games qualifiers against Zambia in Lusaka.Taiwo Awoniyi was nt injured ahead of d second leg against Congo yet Ajayi was started. Awoniyi even played d last 10 mins of dat first leg though he jst came back from injury.

Talking abt academy boys, a good number of the members of that U20 team like Ifeanyi Mathew, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Benard Bulbwa, Obinna Nwobodo, Muzam, etc as at dat Super six were already playing in d Nigerian professional league. So nothing like "10 academy players".

As I said before the Ajayi-Awoniyi comparison was made ahead of the return leg clash against Congo - as to hu to start. Pls i rest my case on this.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:49pm On Oct 03, 2015
Always trying to say or insinuate what one isn't saying AT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Who rates Nacho above any one now? Na wa o!

Always the same cycle.

You don't have to compare Nacho to anyone Sir because he's distinct and will come through his development as a player without "imitating" anyone. He will learn from them but will not and will never be like them..... Coz he will eventually be "more". Hope that's unnderstood Sir?

Isn't it unfair comparing this guy with players who have at least 3 seasons of top flight football?

But you wanna go that way ....... Fine!!!!!!

Let's take Bony who has "the stamina and power" Nacho "lacks".... He came in for Aguero and had no sniff of the goal at all....... What good was his "experience or stamina" then? Huh?
Nacho came in moments later after Bony came in and sent Tim krul diving at full stretch (despite not coming in to fill the no.9 role coz of Bony)....... He's developing YES!!!! BUT I dare say he possesses precocious qualities better than players like Bony. And you say he can't star in this "Stars-studded" team..... That's a laugh!

Even Sterling's pace was not quite effective in the game. He was subbed off and a player most of us on this thread don't rate highly came in and worked "THE MAGIC".

NACHO JUST CLOCKED 19 TODAY AND HE'S ALREADY MAKING HIS MARK IN THE EPL'S MOST EXPENSIVE SQUAD OCCASIONALLY OUTSHINING SOME OF THE EXPERIENCED PLAYERS HE'S LEARNING FROM. Give the boy some credit coz He can walk into Arsenal's or even Tottenham's first team (of course, you're an arsenal fan. You mite not agree.....*smiles*).

So far, he has close to 25mins of top flight soccer and already has a goal and some classy plays to show for it.... What else must he do to show u that "THIS TALENT IS VERY PRECOCIOUS AND CAN BE BETTER THAN YOU THINK" OR THAT HE MERITS A SPOT AT MAN CITY'S TOP SQUAD.....

SIR, just quit all the "conservative talk" and let truth lead u...... Thanks for reading thru. *smiles*

Icon4s:

Pardon me Sir. I return d hand shake.
Talking abt Iheanacho, the attributes i listed were as compared to his attacking midfield team mates. Pls go back to my post on that issue and read again.
His current abilities may earn him a starting position in a mid or lower table team bt nt with this stars studded City side. At least nt yet.Except u are telling me u are rating Iheanacho above the likes of Da Silva, Sterling, Aguero, Nasri, Navas and Bony.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:29pm On Oct 03, 2015
Icon4s:

I made a mistake in when i was refering to Manu's case. I meant i was among d very few that did nt completely blame Manu.

As for the Super-6. The U23 team was represented by the 'B' team. The 'A' team which also had Junior Ajayi were in Tunisia on a 2legged friendly where they drew the first game and won d second.

As for Awoniyi helping d team qualify to play Congo, the first Olympic qualifier Nigeria played was against Congo.No game before that. Nigeria was drawn-by to meet d winner of Ghana Vs Congo.
The game u were referring to that Awoniyi helped the team win was d African Games qualifiers against Zambia in Lusaka.Taiwo Awoniyi was nt injured ahead of d second leg against Congo yet Ajayi was started. Awoniyi even played d last 10 mins of dat first leg though he jst came back from injury.

Talking abt academy boys, a good number of the members of that U20 team like Ifeanyi Mathew, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi, Benard Bulbwa, Obinna Nwobodo, Muzam, etc as at dat Super six were already playing in d Nigerian professional league. So nothing like "10 academy players".

As I said before the Ajayi-Awoniyi comparison was made ahead of the return leg clash against Congo - as to hu to start. Pls i rest my case on this.

What you are doing is mixing up stories Awoniyi helped get Nigeria the ticket to the AAG scoring both goals against Zambia. He was injured against Congo for the Olympic qualifier that's the only reason I could ever imagine him not starting Siasia confirmed this so where are you getting your information from? The boys were tired having just played a world cup na by force? I might have been wrong by saying the Kano Pillars got beat by 10 "academy boys" but i won't be when I say they were beat by 9 players led by an "academy boy". Senegal in the AAG was no tougher than their U-20 team yet it took one of those boys to deliver a goal at the end.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 04, 2015
Icon4s:

Hopefully with time he will mature into d top EPL player we expect him to be.He is still work in progress. (Hope I dnt get reported for this again lipsrsealed)
grin
Icon4s:

do we have kids here?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

What you are doing is mixing up stories Awoniyi helped get Nigeria the ticket to the AAG scoring both goals against Zambia. He was injured against Congo for the Olympic qualifier that's the only reason I could ever imagine him not starting Siasia confirmed this so where are you getting your information from? The boys were tired having just played a world cup na by force? I might have been wrong by saying the Kano Pillars got beat by 10 "academy boys" but i won't be when I say they were beat by 9 players led by an "academy boy". Senegal in the AAG was no tougher than their U-20 team yet it took one of those boys to deliver a goal at the end.

Awoniyi played the last 10mins of the Nigeria U23 Vs Congo U23 in PH. He was jst recovering from the injury he sustained during training. But for the second leg that was played at Point Noire in Congo he was fully fit.

I dnt doubt that Awoniyi is better than Ajayi. But as I said, the comparison then was as to hu to start the return leg against Congo seeing how Ajayi performed in d first leg and grabbing both goals.And it came to pass that Siasia kept faith with Ajayi, for tactical reasons, to start d second leg even though Awoniyi had fully recovered from d injury he sustained before d first leg.
That does nt mean that Ajayi is better than Awoniyi. Remember my first response when u said Awoniyi is better than Ajayi: I said "you may b right".

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.