Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,933 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697812 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:18pm On Oct 26, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, Coach Pellegrini is starting to make me think he's kinda "scared"....... He knows Nacho is just super talented and as good as any out there (imagine 19-yr old Martial was Man utd's best player on a day, Man city missed Silva, Aguero and Nasri), so why still limit his game time?

Anyway, I expect Iheanacho to get big gametime on wednesday (28th). If not, then it shows that aguero or not, Nacho might have to do what Pogba did.

I think it is too early for us to get worried. Bony is a big buy and Pellegrini must do his best to make Bony play well before he tosses him away.

Nacho just broke into the squad and he is getting his little time on the pitch. Pellegrini rotates his squad and Nacho will get his own fair chances.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 6:01am On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Honestly, Coach Pellegrini is starting to make me think he's kinda "scared"....... He knows Nacho is just super talented and as good as any out there (imagine 19-yr old Martial was Man utd's best player on a day, Man city missed Silva, Aguero and Nasri), so why still limit his game time?

Anyway, I expect Iheanacho to get big gametime on wednesday (28th). If not, then it shows that aguero or not, Nacho might have to do what Pogba did.

Calm down bro.Football is nt like that. Pellegrini knows his players better than u and I. He knows what each player brings to d table.

Even if Iheanacho does nt start on wednesday, it doesn't matter much. He is still a rising Star that needs time to mature. Perhaps if Iheanacho was in Manu he would get more playing time jst like d 19yrs old Martial u are comparing him with. U should know by now dat Pellegrini prefares more matured and experienced players.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:35am On Oct 27, 2015
Firstly, I'm not comparing Martial and Iheanacho. I only made a citation of/to another 19 year old(who happens to be "10 months older"wink.

Secondly, how else is football?? Football is dynamic and got no specifics.

Thirdly, You're right...... Pellegrini "knows" his players better than you, me or anyone here...... Exactly the same way Sir Alex Ferguson "knew" Paul Pogba.

Finally, pellegrini prefers more matured and experienced players?? Well, yeah, I agree 50% to that which explains why he's scared.

On the other 50%, pls tell me how Isco came to limelight again........ How "matured and experienced" was he?

Same with a young Santi Carzorla.

These 2 played under Pellegrini. So why's Nacho's case different here?? Aguero is out and this is happening. What better chances will he have to "prove" he's more than ready. I just think Pellegrini is "thinking" about his job.......... Believing in Iheanacho's talent is not enough... He needs to trust him more.

Icon4s:

Calm down bro.Football is nt like that. Pellegrini knows his players better than u and I. He knows what each player brings to d table.

Even if Iheanacho does nt start on wednesday, it doesn't matter much. He is still a rising Star that needs time to mature. Perhaps if Iheanacho was in Manu he would get more playing time jst like d 19yrs old Martial u are comparing him with. U should know by now dat Pellegrini prefares more matured and experienced players.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Firstly, I'm not comparing Martial and Iheanacho. I only made a citation of/to another 19 year old(who happens to be "10 months older"wink.

Thirdly, You're right...... Pellegrini "knows" his players better than you, me or anyone here...... Exactly the same way Sir Alex Ferguson "knew" Paul Pogba.

Finally, pellegrini prefers more matured and experienced players?? Well, yeah, I agree 50% to that which explains why he's scared.

On the other 50%, pls tell me how Isco came to limelight again........ How "matured and experienced" was he?

These 2 played under Pellegrini. So why's Nacho's case different here?? Aguero is out and this is happening. What better chances will he have to "prove" he's more than ready. I just think Pellegrini is "thinking" about his job.......... Believing in Iheanacho's talent is not enough... He needs to trust him more.

[b]
I think is a case Pellegrini slowly bringing Nacho into the game. If Pellegrini did not believe Nacho, he would have sent him on loan and bought another striker to complete the squad.

I think we should be patient and see what Pellegrini will do with Nacho. Pellegrini has the experience for this kind of things. Nacho is just ten games into a hjghly talented side.

As for Pogba, I think he made a mistake and missed a valuable lesson from Sir Alex Ferguson. Ferguson wanted to mold Pogba into a player like Paul Scholes. He had the ability but I think Pogba did not play the way Ferguson wanted him to play.

That is why Ferguson brought Scholes back from retirement for Pogba to watch Scholes play for one season. Remember Ferguson's obsession to sign Mikel. It was because of Mikel's thinking pattern when he plays.

Pogba might have missed a valuable lesson there and I hops Nacho exercises patience. If he does not, he might miss a valuable lesson. Nacho is still learning the game in the eyes of Pellegrini. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:21am On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

Yes u are comparing Iheanacho with Martial. I know d problem. U think bc Iheanacho won d MVP U17 he is d best footballer of his generation (say among 19yrs olds).U mayb thinking where was Anthony Martial when Iheanacho won the U17 MVP. Football is nt an arithmetic progression. There are still some players dat didnt even feature at dat U17 dat will dazzle soon. Some dat even took part dat no one noticed will soon flourish ahead of those that shone like a million stars.

Yes Pellegrini introduced a young Isco and Carzola into d senior squad. I think ur expectations on Iheanacho is pretty high. He is talented no doubt bt I am telling u from a coaching perspective dat u need more than that. U should also ask y he has nt been invited to d Super Eagles.

For Pellegrini still limiting his game time even in d absence of Aguero, Da Silva and Nasri it tells alot.

And yes maturity and experience count alot in football.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:59am On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:

The thing is Man City has too many options and for Iheanacho to even play in a game of that magnitude speaks alot about the trust his coach has in him. From the start of the season Pellegrini already told us that Sterling and KDB could also play striker so the fact that he didn't simply move KDB up and bring in Navas on the right wing shows you how much trust he has in the boy, he could have even used Yaya as striker. I am sure he starts the next match but let me say this Iheanacho is not better than Bony we all love this boy but lets not get carried away. Bony's finishing is just as good and he is way stronger, to me he was Man City's best player in the first half. It might be easy to say why not Bony but look at the man's track record with goals.
I can't compare Iheanacho's situation to Pogba. Pogba was treated like a child forced to play youth football when he was good enough for the big boys, Iheanacho is being treated like a professional, in his first year in the league he already has so many appearances. Against west ham he came in as a left back then who would have expected the coach to toss him in against Crystal Palace with all still to play for? Just the same as the last game imagine if Nacho had scored would you have said Pellegrini was scared? .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:15am On Oct 27, 2015
You see, I chose my words very carefully........

I said,".....Believing in Iheanacho's Talent is NOT ENOUGH....... Pellegrini needs to trust him MORE"

Of course he trusts him, BUT "THE MORE" IS KINDA MISSING...... And gametime shows it even in Aguero's absence.

Of course, he believes in Nacho's talent but you and I know "belief is never enough, you gotta act it out strongly and without fear"

*smiles*

Bottomline: Nacho is in good hands but those hands gotta give him "more room" to display his wares so that he can keep growing.

BascoVanVeli:

The thing is Man City has too many options and for Iheanacho to even play in a game of that magnitude speaks alot about the trust his coach has in him. From the start of the season Pellegrini already told us that Sterling and KDB could also play striker so the fact that he didn't simply move KDB up and bring in Navas on the right wing shows you how much trust he has in the boy, he could have even used Yaya as striker. I am sure he starts the next match but let me say this Iheanacho is not better than Bony we all love this boy but lets not get carried away. Bony's finishing is just as good and he is way stronger, to me he was Man City's best player in the first half. It might be easy to say why not Bony but look at the man's track record with goals.
I can't compare Iheanacho's situation to Pogba. Pogba was treated like a child forced to play youth football when he was good enough for the big boys, Iheanacho is being treated like a professional, in his first year in the league he already has so many appearances. Against west ham he came in as a left back then who would have expected the coach to toss him in against Crystal Palace with all still to play for? Just the same as the last game imagine if Nacho had scored would you have said Pellegrini was scared? .

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 9:45am On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

if Man City fans catch you ehn.

Since the Derby, City fans have been asked repeatedly which player they prefer and let it be known that not once has Bony scratched even one vote in any of those polls. These are actual City fans voting, people who have supported that club even before Premier league experience......

You guys on NL dunno nothing, y'all should stay underrating your brother while fans who matter are looking at him as the next Aguero

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:10am On Oct 27, 2015
Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!! Wrong!!!!!

You don't even get it do you?

I don't care about any other talent in terms of comparison....... My focus is on the "Super Talent" of Nacho and whether u like it or not, he just might be the best!!!!!

Does that hurt? Is that a problem now? Look, my point is simple, about Nacho....... The lad is good and ready at this point to roll with the "big boys". Why? Apart from "Super talent", he got the right attitude...... He got "loads and loads of confidence".......... He even got that "touch of hunger and subtle arrogance(channelled right)" to make it big........... So tell me Sir, what else do you want from a 19 year old?? EXPERIENCE?? How do u get that when u don't get to feature as much as u should huh?

You're kinda funny Sir..... Coz I recall couple of pages back on this thread where you said something like this, "AS A GOALIE, DEFENDER OR DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER, EXPERIENCE IS MORE IMPORTANT. BUT AS A STRIKER OR A FORWARD, EXPERIENCE CAN BE EXCUSED BECAUSE IF HE GOT LOADS OF TALENT AND CONFIDENCE, HE CAN THRIVE IN ATTACKING POSITIONS WHERE SKILLS AND BRAINS CAN COMPENSATE AS EXPERIENCE CAN COME WITH TIME..........". If u like deny it but I know u said something like this........ Or u want proof?

Pellegrini limiting Nacho's game time shows what exactly?? That's he's not ready? Shows what? Sir, from my end it shows some kind of "fear" and "hesistation to boldly unleash this kid".

As for the Super Eagles, I'll ask one question asked by Safarigirl once..... How many Super Eagles players will make the bench of "stars studded" Man City
or even get playing time??

Invitation to the national team is no "criterion" to show you're ready for the "big league"..... So Iwobi is better abi? So Chima Akas is better? All because of National team invitation? Pls, let's not even go there............ *smiles*

Icon4s:

Yes u are comparing Iheanacho with Martial. I know d problem. U think bc Iheanacho won d MVP U17 he is d best footballer of his generation (say among 19yrs olds).U mayb thinking where was Anthony Martial when Iheanacho won the U17 MVP. Football is nt an arithmetic progression. There are still some players dat didnt even feature at dat U17 dat will dazzle soon. Some dat even took part dat no one noticed will soon flourish ahead of those that shone like a million stars.

Yes Pellegrini introduced a young Isco and Carzola into d senior squad. I think ur expectations on Iheanacho is pretty high. He is talented no doubt bt I am telling u from a coaching perspective dat u need more than that. U should also ask y he has nt been invited to d Super Eagles.

For Pellegrini still limiting his game time even in d absence of Aguero, Da Silva and Nasri it tells alot.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2015
*smiles* I HOPE YOU RECALL YOUR OWN WORDS......

PLS CHECK OUT THE PARAGRAPH WITHIN THE "MANY APOSTROPHES/Inverted commas" (quotation marks) starting with "The MLS............"

And pls play the "Experience card" for Nacho again....... I think I'll love to hear it better this time

**smiles**

Cc: Sir Icon4s

icon4ss:

U call MLS competitive. U say retired and semi retired players? For ur info all d players I mentioned are still playing in Europe.The Osaze u are talking abt was even one of our best performers at d last WC jst barely over a yr ago. So if nt for injuries he still stands a better chance than Martins. Ameobi is currently in d books of Crystal Palace, John Utaka plays in French League2, Taye Taiwo plays in d Ukrainian top división, Ayila is some where in Eastern Europe I dnt know d where abt of Odiah since after he left CSKA.

""""""" The MLS is not even as competitive as d lower leagues in say France or Russia nt to talk of lower leagues in England, Spain and Germany . Martins in his current form cannot compete with young platers like: Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel even though they are less experienced. Where experience counts more is in goal keeping and defence.U think if Iheanacho was a defender he would b getting all d attention he is getting at ManCity? Forward positions are for fast adventurous players."""""""""

Drogber that won d MLS player of the minth, is he still featuring for d national team? When d likes of Thiery Henry, Robert Pirez & Nicholas Anielka went to d MLS they waved good bye to d national team. Frank Lampard and Steven Gerrad are currently playing in d MLS but are they still with d 3Lions?

Immediately u leave Europe and go to d MLS jst know u are now a pensioneer.

To me Emenike should even be released nt to talk of Martins.

I have always been an advocate of the clamour for fielding of our best players. But I also believe in fielding of players based on current form and nt past glory.With the likes of Mikel, Echiejile, Ambrose, V Moses, Onazi, Musa,Emenike, Omeruo and Obaobona still in dat team there is a lot of experience already. We jst need back Aluko and Babatunde in dat midfield and with d inclusion if some U20/U23 players and Ighalo that team is good to go. So forget Martins he is now a pensioneer.

cc: Bascovanveli
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:28am On Oct 27, 2015
Patience will be exercised Sir Goodjoe. And as a Man City fan and keen follower/observer, I'm super certain u know more than I do about Man City affairs.

But I never said Pellegrini doesn't "believe" in Nacho..... What I'm saying is "Belief" is not enough. He gotta "trust him more"..........

Iheanacho may be growing but you and I know that he's ready enough to roll with the "Big boys" big time.........

So why the hesitation from Pelle?

Anyway, patience we will exercise but "such talent" should not be "delayed" any further.......

As for Paul Pogba, he may have missed some "valuable lessons" from the English league's greatest and most successful manager but he's without any doubt, THE BEST AND MOST HIGHLY RATED YOUNG MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD TODAY. He's like a "force of nature".......... I wonder what would have happened had he stayed...........

*smiles*

Bottomline: Patience, we will exercise but............

TheGoodJoe:

[b]
I think is a case Pellegrini slowly bringing Nacho into the game. If Pellegrini did not believe Nacho, he would have sent him on loan and bought another striker to complete the squad.

I think we should be patient and see what Pellegrini will do with Nacho. Pellegrini has the experience for this kind of things. Nacho is just ten games into a hjghly talented side.

As for Pogba, I think he made a mistake and missed a valuable lesson from Sir Alex Ferguson. Ferguson wanted to mold Pogba into a player like Paul Scholes. He had the ability but I think Pogba did not play the way Ferguson wanted him to play.

That is why Ferguson brought Scholes back from retirement for Pogba to watch Scholes play for one season. Remember Ferguson's obsession to sign Mikel. It was because of Mikel's thinking pattern when he plays.

Pogba might have missed a valuable lesson there and I hops Nacho exercises patience. If he does not, he might miss a valuable lesson. Nacho is still learning the game in the eyes of Pellegrini. [/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 12:07pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!! Wrong!!!! Wrong!!!!!

You don't even get it do you?

I don't care about any other talent in terms of comparison....... My focus is on the "Super Talent" of Nacho and whether u like it or not, he just might be the best!!!!!

Does that hurt? Is that a problem now? Look, my point is simple, about Nacho....... The lad is good and ready at this point to roll with the "big boys". Why? Apart from "Super talent", he got the right attitude...... He got "loads and loads of confidence".......... He even got that "touch of hunger and subtle arrogance(channelled right)" to make it big........... So tell me Sir, what else do you want from a 19 year old?? EXPERIENCE?? How do u get that when u don't get to feature as much as u should huh?

You're kinda funny Sir..... Coz I recall couple of pages back on this thread where you said something like this, "AS A GOALIE, DEFENDER OR DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER, EXPERIENCE IS MORE IMPORTANT. BUT AS A STRIKER OR A FORWARD, EXPERIENCE CAN BE EXCUSED BECAUSE IF HE GOT LOADS OF TALENT AND CONFIDENCE, HE CAN THRIVE IN ATTACKING POSITIONS WHERE SKILLS AND BRAINS CAN COMPENSATE AS EXPERIENCE CAN COME WITH TIME..........". If u like deny it but I know u said something like this........ Or u want proof?

Pellegrini limiting Nacho's game time shows what exactly?? That's he's not ready? Shows what? Sir, from my end it shows some kind of "fear" and "hesistation to boldly unleash this kid".

As for the Super Eagles, I'll ask one question asked by Safarigirl once..... How many Super Eagles players will make the bench of "stars studded" Man City
or even get playing time??

Invitation to the national team is no "criterion" to show you're ready for the "big league"..... So Iwobi is better abi? So Chima Akas is better? All because of National team invitation? Pls, let's not even go there............ *smiles*

This guy u love this Nacho die!!! you no go kill person with all those descriptive adjectives abeg. grin grin
I like this. Sebi somebody once said u suppose work for the English press. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:

Since the Derby, City fans have been asked repeatedly which player they prefer and let it be known that not once has Bony scratched even one vote in any of those polls. These are actual City fans voting, people who have supported that club even before Premier league experience......

You guys on NL dunno nothing, y'all should stay underrating your brother while fans who matter are looking at him as the next Aguero
I wonder if this your "real" man city fans watch their games in "super hd" cum i tend to believe i am just as knowledgeable since i have watched all their matches this year. We have to get over this what have you done for me lately stuff. Bony is an African champion a couple years ago he scored more goals than anyone in any of the major leagues, are you forgetting Swansea and his track record there? Please don't give me that "u are not supporting your own" talk, so because i surport Iheanacho should i say he is better than Pele and Maradona? I will not say what i don't believe even if it is in surport of myself. Bony btw is our own I will always surport every single African in Europe that is just my stance, just like I love big head Ayew, if that makes me un-Nigerian so be it. Plus there are 2 other positions that would fit this boy better and that just lets me know that these fans are biased how else do they explain voting Bony when the right side has struggled this whole year, how many chances has Jesus Navas blown this year? What exactly can we call what KDB played against Man U? Was that the same Sterling who scored an hattrick or was he "tired"? Compare that with Bony who just scored 2 goals and has even more assists, the man can do everything a striker is asked he can play with his midfield and with his body he being so big he wins his fair share of aerial balls. Being a striker is not just to score goals it can get very physical especially in a game against Man U. The only way Iheanacho could have functioned in that game was playing behind Bony or to his side just like Martial was being played. To me Bony doesn't come to my mind, i say they should put the boy in his real position, that to me is what the problem is, he is a creator not just a finisher.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Patience will be exercised Sir Goodjoe. And as a Man City fan and keen follower/observer, I'm super certain u know more than I do about Man City affairs.

But I never said Pellegrini doesn't "believe" in Nacho..... What I'm saying is "Belief" is not enough. He gotta "trust him more"..........

Iheanacho may be growing but you and I know that he's ready enough to roll with the "Big boys" big time.........

So why the hesitation from Pelle?

Anyway, patience we will exercise but "such talent" should not be "delayed" any further.......

As for Paul Pogba, he may have missed some "valuable lessons" from the English league's greatest and most successful manager but he's without any doubt, THE BEST AND MOST HIGHLY RATED YOUNG MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD TODAY. He's like a "force of nature".......... I wonder what would have happened had he stayed...........

*smiles*

Bottomline: Patience, we will exercise but............

We are all frustrated. Even the City fans that trooped to the Etihad Campus to watch Nacho train weekly are frustrated. I almost banged my head on the wall when 70mins time passed in the game and Pellegrini left Bony on the field.

But, he is Pellegrini and he knows the right time to make Nacho the regular. I have no doubt in Nacho's ability to roll with the big boys. I know Pellegrini does not doubt Nacho's ability and Pellegrini has belief in Nacho. We need to trust in the experience of Pellegrini. He has done this repeatedly.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
You see, I chose my words very carefully........

I said,".....Believing in Iheanacho's Talent is NOT ENOUGH....... Pellegrini needs to trust him MORE"

Of course he trusts him, BUT "THE MORE" IS KINDA MISSING...... And gametime shows it even in Aguero's absence.

Of course, he believes in Nacho's talent but you and I know "belief is never enough, you gotta act it out strongly and without fear"

*smiles*

Bottomline: Nacho is in good hands but those hands gotta give him "more room" to display his wares so that he can keep growing.

Playing him at striker even for 90 minutes shows zero trust, it in the end limits his potential. Players like him are supposed to be free on the field not boxed in into waiting on the ball all day, i am sure that even with his 10 minutes if Nacho had seen more of the ball it could have been a different story.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I disagree on Bony being better than Nacho. I totally disagree. Bony was no where near our best player in that game. Otamendi was the one who kept us in that game. We defended deep and lobbed the ball to Bony. However Bony did not have ability to create something out of nothing. He does not have the ability to hold the ball and take on defenders. Bony lacks the penetrative runs to keep defenders disorganized.

When Nacho came in. It was like a breath of fresh air. His runs were deep and fast. He gave the midfield areas to thread long balls in. Unfortunately, the time was short for him to make meaningful impact.

If Nacho had the amount of time Bony had, I believe without any shred of doubt that Nacho would have scored and assisted more.

I hate lashing out on my team players but I think Pellegrini will soon drop Bony if he continues like this. Same with Sterling because Navas has offered more to the team than Sterling.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:55pm On Oct 27, 2015
""""""Martins in his current form cannot compete with young platers like: Isaac Success and Imoh Ezekiel even though they are less experienced. Where experience counts more is in goal keeping and defence.U think if Iheanacho was a defender he would b getting all d attention he is getting at ManCity? Forward positions are for fast adventurous players.""""""

**EXACTLY YOUR WORDS, NOT MINE** #SMILES

Didn't even touch a letter....... *winks*

Can I see the "experience card" again pls??

Icon4s:

This guy u love this Nacho die!!! you no go kill person with all those descriptive adjectives abeg. grin grin
I like this. Sebi somebody once said u suppose work for the English press. grin

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2015
Na wa o!!!

Zero trust??

You said u've watched all Man city games... Na only as "striker" Pelle dey play am?? Abi he no dey come in for Silva or sterling sometimes??

Besides no be as "striker" man city dey groom am?? A striker in the mold of a "messi" who won't sit upfield waiting for balls to come to him.......

Oga Basco..... Abeg o.... I no fit shout..... *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Playing him at striker even for 90 minutes shows zero trust, it in the end limits his potential. Players like him are supposed to be free on the field not boxed in into waiting on the ball all day, i am sure that even with his 10 minutes if Nacho had seen more of the ball it could have been a different story.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

Martial is bright, Martial is skillful, Martial has great vision, all the attributes, Nacho possesses. So do not make it look as if Martial is operating on a different level that Nacho is.

Do not make it look like Pellegrini is limiting Nacho's time because of trust. Pellegrini spent a lot on Bony and he will not drop Bony without trying to make it work. Same thing with Sterling. We are better with De Bruyne on the left and Navas on the write.

Will you say Pellegrini is limiting Navas because he is not good enough?

If Martial was at Man City, he would be on the bench. Will he bench Sterling? De Bruyne, Nasri, Navas, Aguero or Bony? Will that mean Martial is not good?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2015
When I am through for the day... I hope to come around and ''tongue lash'' some dudes here...

Just wait for me grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

[b]As for Pogba, he took it like Sir Alex Ferguson treated him badly but he did not learn the lesson the coach wanted him to learn. Andreas Pirlo left Juventus and if Pogba learnt that lesson, he would have been the one to take over that role of controlling the midfield of Juventus.

Pogba might be a great player. On his way to become a legend but will he become as great as Paul Scholes. The best midfielder of the last generation of footballers?

Paul Scholes was still a player when his tapes was used as template to train a generation of brilliant Barcelona midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara.

Will Pogba become like Paul Scholes that before a champions league finals, Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets and Messi casted lots on who will go home with Paul Scholes Jersey.

That is what Sir Alex Ferguson wanted for Pogba but Pogba was eager to play than learn.

That is why I want Nacho to forget about the lime lights now and listen to his coaches. Pellegrini knows this and has done it many times like his rebuilding of Riquelme. Also Brian Kidd who was Ferguson's assistant when he raised the likes of Scholes, Giggs and the Neville Brothers is the third coach of City.

Nacho should listen, learn and train. [/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 1:16pm On Oct 27, 2015
Guys, in my office few minutes ago, I strumbled into former Super Eagles right back, Former Golden Eaglets coach, Former Olympic Team coach and Former Super Eagles coach - Mr Augustine "Serezo" Eguavoen.

After introducing myself I invited him for lunch with me as it was lunch time. He asked me to give him 10mins to complete the task he came for. We got talking over lunch.

Because of the likes of TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl and other Iheanacho fans I raised the Iheanacho debate after a series of discussions.(Men, Eguavoen dey roast o)

He was of the opinion that Iheanacho is talented and a good player.(Nothing more).

I tried being specific with comparisms with the likes of Anthony Martial, Bony, young Isco and Carzola and d likes.

His answer was "Iheanacho is still a baby he needs time to mature". I raised a subtle objection that Anthony Martial is also 19yrs old. He said "Martial is more maturered physically, mentally and in the level of knowledge of the game. Martial is a product of the French League and even featured in last year's champions league with Monaco". He said the best for Iheanacho now might be a loan move for 1 or 2 seasons.
-This is a man who has played the game and coached the game talking.

We also discussed d current Eaglets and Super Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
safarigirl:

[b]You have said a lot that I have little to add. Football is more than talent. Pellegrini has proven to the City fans that Nacho is a talent. However, Nacho should not stop at being a talent.

Let us use our brother Mikel for example. He has talent no doubt. He is maybe the most successful Nigerian footballer in European Club football.

But, Mikel would have been more. His brilliancy during the U20 changed my understanding of the game and we saw a lot of change in many midfielders. Ballack used to play as an attacking midfielder but his style changed by the 2006 World Ballack was just a passmaster. He did not want to score but he wanted his team to play well. Ballack matured before the World Cup working with Klinsmann who worked with a legendary pass master Beckenbauer.

More eyes shifted from the likes of Kaka and Ronaldinho to Andrea Pirlo who was the genius holding the AC Milan great team and Italian successful side that won the World Cup.

I watched Mikel play in 2005 World Cup with Maradona in the crowd. He came to watch his successor Messi. As Mikel played, I screamed I hope Diego Maradona has seen the right way to play the ten role. Note I was comparing Mikel to one of the best tens of all time.

So Mikel as a teenager showed the brilliance of a legend but despite his success, being a Chelsea legend, a Super Eagles Legend, he did not achieve what he would have obtained if he worked with Ferguson.

I want City fans to hold on. IHEANACHO is talented, the best we have seen come through the Etihad campus but this is not his time for glory but his time to benefit working with some of the best brains in the game today. Brains in the coaching departmenr and brains in the playing side like Yaya, Silva, Aguero, De Bruyne and Nasri.[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:29pm On Oct 27, 2015
Not surprised at all...... He's a "core" conservationist like urself. "Good player and talented" that's all??

WHAT ABOUT "THE STATEMENT" YOU MADE THAT U'RE DODGING!!!!!!!!!

What's Eguavoen's track record with developing youngsters huh?

He may have "discovered" them but that's not the same as "nurturing".........

In 2003, he had Mikel, Bala Ezekiel, Isaac Promise, Ambrose Vanzekin, Emma Sarki, Omoh Attah..... And more. "Talented and good players"..... NOTHING MORE!!! (quoting him *smiles*)

And what did he achieve with them??.........

Then Siasia came and used the core of that team and won silver at the next age grade....... Netherlands 2005 Fifa u-20 World cup......

WHY DON'T YOU CALL IN SIASIA AND ASK HIM ABOUT IHEANACHO.............. Coz I know what siasia interviews revealed....... Eguavoen should go take a hike....... We live in an age where "Precocity" trumps "Experience" on many occasions.

And YOU BETTER FACE "YOUR COMMENTS" ABOUT STRIKERS NOT NEEDING EXPERIENCE.

*SMILES*

Hope Pele (Edson Arantes Do Nascimento) is waiting outside ur office for more "vindications" and "validations" of ur points....

Icon4s:
Guys, in my office few minutes ago, I strumbled into former Super Eagles right back, Former Golden Eaglets coach, Former Olympic Team coach and Former Super Eagles coach - Mr Augustine "Serezo" Eguavoen.

After introducing myself I invited him for lunch with me as it was lunch time. He asked me to give him 10mins to complete the task he came for. We got talking over lunch.

Because of the likes of TheSuperNerd, TheGoodJoe, Safarigirl and other Iheanacho fans I raised the Iheanacho debate after a series of discussions.(Men, Eguavoen dey roast o)

He was of the opinion that Iheanacho is talented and a good player.(Nothing more).

I tried being specific with comparisms with the likes of Anthony Martial, Bony, young Isco and Carzola and d likes.

His answer was "Iheanacho is still a baby he needs time to mature". I raised a subtle objection that Anthony Martial is also 19yrs old. He said "Martial is more maturered physically, mentally and in the level of knowledge of the game. Martial is a product of the French League and even featured in last year's champions league with Monaco". He said the best for Iheanacho now might be a loan move for 1 or 2 seasons.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
*smiles* I HOPE YOU RECALL YOUR OWN WORDS......

PLS CHECK OUT THE PARAGRAPH WITHIN THE "MANY APOSTROPHES" starting with "The MLS............"

And pls play the "Experience card" for Nacho again....... I think I'll love to hear it better this time

**smiles**

Cc: Sir Icon4s

I actually disagree with the experience for defenders and keepers. Look at Casillas who at seventeen years old kept and showed more maturity than many legendary players. Look at Pique who as a teenager, he was one of the best defenders in the La Liga with Real Zaragoza.

These guys had good coaches who nurtured them early, just like Xavi in La Masia. If you are trained the right way you will excel.

I just want Nacho to keep practising his lessons and continue listening to his coaches. As for his talent and ability, that is not a debate. He is good.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Na wa o!!!

Zero trust??

You said u've watched all Man city games... Na only as "striker" Pelle dey play am?? Abi he no dey come in for Silva or sterling sometimes??

Besides no be as "striker" man city dey groom am?? A striker in the mold of a "messi" who won't sit upfield waiting for balls to come to him.......

Oga Basco..... Abeg o.... I no fit shout..... *smiles*

Yes! I have watched all their game with their games, he has never used in either Silva or Sterling's position or was i asleep? Coming on for a player doesn't mean you take the players exact position. i remember him playing left back against West Ham and against Newcastle he was a second striker. This you peoples grooming don tire me next thing we go take palmy overseas and say they groomed it to be drinkable. The boy was a boss in 2013 could have played anywhere then so Man City just housed our ferrari nothing more. This is the same thing that happened to Mikel i guess with him being African they don't believe he is creative enough. Who does Nacho playing as striker benefit? I tell you who it doesn't Nigeria. Its like they are sending us oil we already have that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:39pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

LOL...Eguavoen is forming Ferguson. What does he know? What is his pedigree in assessing players? His coaching records at the U-17, U-20, U-23, Super Eagles? Abeggi.

Pellegrini sent out established players and refused to buy because of him and Eguavoen is saying he is just a GOOD player. SMH. He should go and sit down somewhere.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:43pm On Oct 27, 2015
Icon4s:

As much as I respect Eguavoen, he is absolutely wrong. How can he say because Martial played Champions league with Monaco, he is more matured. Bull shiiiit.

Oliver Torres was a reserve player for Atletico Madrid. With no champions league experience. He went to FC Porto and walked into the starting line up. Oliver Torres did well at Porto. Which experience did he have? If you got it, you got it. Oliver Torres is currently wearing the ten shirt of Atletico Madrid.

Manchester United is easy compared to City. Valencia, Smalling, Martial, Luke Shaw, Schneiderlin, Danny Blind, Young etc will not make the starting line up of Manchester City.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 1:45pm On Oct 27, 2015
[b]
Augustine Eguavoen

In June 2010, the Nigeria Football Federation asked Eguavoen to replace Swedish Lars Lagerbäck until he decide his future plans. He was brought in as caretaker manager but said that he has no intention of submitting an application to take the role on a permanent basis. Eguavoen was also appointed as the Head Coach of the Nigeria national under-23 football team in August 2010. He expected his team would have a qualification for the 2012 London Olympic Games, but they were knocked out in the group stage. On 5 December 2011, he resigned from his job following the failure to secure the Olympics ticket.

On 27 October 2012 he was named manager of Sharks F.C. to allow John Obuh to concentrate on the Nigeria Under-20 team. He resigned however after seven games when the team started at the bottom of the table. He signed in April 2013 to coach Nigeria National League side COD United.

In November of 2013 he was hired by the Edo State government to coach Bendel Insurance with the intent of getting them back to the Premier League but he did not succeed.[1] He resigned in July 2014 to take over Gombe United F.C.[2]
[/b]

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:47pm On Oct 27, 2015
Sir GoodJoe, you've said my mind again. *smiles*

I just wanted to show Sir Icon4s the inconsistencies in his views on soccer.

Why can't he just stick to his guns 100% even if they're wrong?? He says something here and reverses at the next opportunity. And maintains both "contradictory views" if necessary "just to buttress his points"....... IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! DIARIS God!!!!!! *smiles*

It's 100% clear to me now that he's not being true at all..........

Sir GoodJoe, u're a core and honest Man City fan and keen observer. I've heard you......

I know Nacho is in "great hands" and I know he will rise through his training and development to be "The best"...........

Patience will be exercised and I believe we'll all be the happier for it...........

I just love it when Young Nigerians like myself excel like I'm excelling........ It gives me great Joy.

Anyway, Sir Pellegrini, pls and pls..... Don't let anything stop you from making sure Nacho gets the best, finest, and truest of ur decisions......... Thanks.

**smiles**

TheGoodJoe:

I actually disagree with the experience for defenders and keepers. Look at Casillas who at seventeen years old kept and showed more experience than many legendary players. Look at Pique who as a teenager, he was one of the best defenders in the La Liga with Real Zaragoza.

These guys had good coaches who nurtured them early, just like Xavi in La Masia. If you are trained the right way you will excel.

I just want Nacho to keep practising his lessons and continue listening to his coaches. As for his talent and ability, that is not a debate. He is good.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2015
Oga...... Thank God you've answered some of my questions. When Nacho came in sometimes, Bony was still on the field meaning he took up other roles..... Good.... Now we're getting somewhere.....*smiles*

But u see, Nacho is being trained and developed at Man City to function in the mold of a "MESSI". OF course you know what A Messi can do.......... *smiles*

BascoVanVeli:

Yes! I have watched all their game with their games, he has never used in either Silva or Sterling's position or was i asleep? Coming on for a player doesn't mean you take the players exact position. i remember him playing left back against West Ham and against Newcastle he was a second striker. This you peoples grooming don tire me next thing we go take palmy overseas and say they groomed it to be drinkable. The boy was a boss in 2013 could have played anywhere then so Man City just housed our ferrari nothing more. This is the same thing that happened to Mikel i guess with him being African they don't believe he is creative enough. Who does Nacho playing as striker benefit? I tell you who it doesn't Nigeria. Its like they are sending us oil we already have that.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

I wonder if this your "real" man city fans watch their games in "super hd" cum i tend to believe i am just as knowledgeable since i have watched all their matches this year. We have to get over this what have you done for me lately stuff. Bony is an African champion a couple years ago he scored more goals than anyone in any of the major leagues, are you forgetting Swansea and his track record there? Please don't give me that "u are not supporting your own" talk, so because i surport Iheanacho should i say he is better than Pele and Maradona? I will not say what i don't believe even if it is in surport of myself. Bony btw is our own I will always surport every single African in Europe that is just my stance, just like I love big head Ayew, if that makes me un-Nigerian so be it. Plus there are 2 other positions that would fit this boy better and that just lets me know that these fans are biased how else do they explain voting Bony when the right side has struggled this whole year, how many chances has Jesus Navas blown this year? What exactly can we call what KDB played against Man U? Was that the same Sterling who scored an hattrick or was he "tired"? Compare that with Bony who just scored 2 goals and has even more assists, the man can do everything a striker is asked he can play with his midfield and with his body he being so big he wins his fair share of aerial balls. Being a striker is not just to score goals it can get very physical especially in a game against Man U. The only way Iheanacho could have functioned in that game was playing behind Bony or to his side just like Martial was being played. To me Bony doesn't come to my mind, i say they should put the boy in his real position, that to me is what the problem is, he is a creator not just a finisher.

stop mentioning track record. We should all be able to point out when a player has been overwhelmed by certain factors and as good as Bony may have been for an average Swansea team, he doesn't cut it for Man City and that is the sad point the fans are trying to make

Was Torres not awesome for Liverpool? What happened when he moved to Chelsea? How has RVP coped since leaving Arsenal? What about Arshavin? Even Fabregas has declined in class since leaving Arsenal, he could barely cut it at Barcelona and had to return to Chelsea

When I was in a missionary secondary school, I used to churn out average results at best, but when I moved to a government school, I attained guru status. Being good at certain points in your career, doesn't make one awesome

Bony may be Swansea good, he may be Leicester good, but he is not Man City good and he won't be the first player to have reality come crashing down in that sense

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.