Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697837 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:30am On Oct 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Henty Hits Brace, Eyes Slovenian League Top Scorer Award
[/size]

Ezekiel Henty
by Samm Audu
By Johnny Edward:
Nigerian striker Ezekiel Henty is confident he can finish the‎ season in Slovenia as the top scorer. The striker's confidence soared after scoring twice for his side, Olimpija Ljubljana's 2-1 away win over Koper in a Slovenian league match on Sunday.
Henty's 20th minute ‎opener was cancelled out by Koper's Josip Ivancic in the 46th minute, but the Nigerian scored the winner in the 63rd minute as ten man Olimpija Ljubljana held on for their tenth win of the campaign.
Henty who took his goal tally to seven in the Slovenian league told Completesportsnigeri a.com in a chat that he hoped to surpass his compatriot, Blessing Eleke who has nine goals so far.
"I'm happy with my brace, but I hope to end the season as top scorer in the league, but Blessing is leading now and I'm confident I can catch him," Henty said in a chat with Completesportsnigeri a.com
Henty who has been linked away from the club also revealed that he had concrete offers from German teams that he hopes will meet his club's valuation in January.
"I have offers from Germany and I hope they return in January," Henty said.
Meanwhile, Henty's agent, former Super Eagles striker, Ayodele Makinwa had told Completesportsnigeri a.com that the forward will only join a club where he will develop more than he has so far.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/henty-hits-brace-eyes-slovenian-league-top-scorer-award/
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:36am On Oct 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria 2015 CAF U-23 Men's Olympic Qualifiers Nigeria
Siasia contacts Ndidi for Rio Olympics qualifiers
[/size]

Ndidi
by Samm Audu
Genk of Belgium ace Wilfred Ndidi has disclosed he has been contacted by Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia to be part of next month’s Rio Olympics qualifier in Senegal.
“Siasia actually spoke to me when he came to watch the Super Eagles friendlies in Belgium. He said he wants me to be part of his squad for the Olympic qualifiers,” ex-Nath Boys of Lagos star Ndidi revealed.
“I am always honoured to play for my country but the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) have to first get my release from my club.”
The Africa U23 Nations Cup is not on the FIFA international calendar even though it will serve as a qualifying tournament for next year’s Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Ndidi, who will be 19 in December, has already featured for Nigeria at U17 and U23 levels.
He is first and foremost a central defender, but this season he has played as a defensive midfielder for his Belgian club.
He has won two full international caps against DR Congo and Cameroon during the Eagles recent friendlies in Belgium.
[/b]

africanfootball.com//news/577296/Siasia-contacts-Ndidi-for-Rio-Olympics-qualifiers
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:43am On Oct 19, 2015
linked:
Man city wins 5 goals to 1

Nacho gets ten minutes

FULL-TIME: MANCHESTER CITY 5-1 BOURNEMOUTH

90' + 1'POOR CALL! Bony times his pass into Iheanacho to perfection and the young striker dinks it over Federici for six, but the official on that side of the field incorrectly raises his flag for offside. Let-off for the visitors.
Bad belle Ref. and Lines men
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2015
Meanwhile Godwin Saviour's was benched in as Oostede earned a draw. Joseph Akpala's full minutes of play could not produce a goal.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Isaac Success scores but Granada throw away sure win
By Jide Alaka
[/size]

Isaac Success

Nigeria youth international, Isaac Success gave a man of the match performance for Granada on Monday night at the Estadio Municipal El Molinon but his team mates blew the chance to get off the foot of the table as they conceded two goals in the last eight minutes of the encounter even though the equalizer by Guerrero was scored in the sixth minute of added on time.

It was the 19-year-old’s second league goal of the season but he had a hand in all three goals that his team scored. It was his cross in the 21st minute that led led to Youssef El-Arabi’s mis-kicked shot which went in off the leg of Piti.

But there was no doubt about the second goal as he took a pass from Marquez and weaved his way past two defenders before curling a glorious effort past Alberto Garcia, in goal for Gijon.

And then on he raced on to a pass from El-Arabi but even though Garcia blocked his shot, El-Arabi followed up the rebound and Granada led 3-1with 16 minutes on the clock.

It could have been four on 80 minutes as Success released Thievy Bifouma on goal. The Congolese striker went around the goalkeeper but his team mate Ruben Perez took the ball off his toes and tried to walk the ball into the net and his effort was blocked on the line.

Then everything went awry as Success was subbed off in the 82nd minute as Miguel Lopes was shown a second yellow card.

Nacho Cases scored for Gijon on 88 minutes and then Doria got two yellow cards in three minutes – 89th and 92nd minutes before Guerrero equalized with a thunderbolt six minutes into injury time.

If Granada had won, they would have leaped up five places on the league table but with the point, they stay rooted to the bottom of the table with five points from eight matches.
[/b]

www.premiumtimesng.com/sports/football/191788-isaac-success-scores-but-granada-throw-away-sure-win.html
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:13pm On Oct 19, 2015
Isaac Success just scored a badt goal now. Got assist for the first goal too. Fantastic player!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2015
joseph1013:
Isaac Success just scored a badt goal now. Got assist for the first goal too. [b]Fantastic player ![/b]
you can say that again.. He is raising his game
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
joseph1013:
Isaac Success just scored a badt goal now. Got assist for the first goal too. Fantastic player!

Yes sir! the boy is coming into his own, good to see.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Napoleon55(m): 8:21pm On Oct 19, 2015
Decent first half for him(Isaac s.),is he now plays as a left winger?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2015
That's where he's been played for the last three games. He sometimes switches central though.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by klarrychenko94: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
Nice goal for Success and I hope granada will hold on to the lead.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 9:24pm On Oct 19, 2015
Of course not. Granada is a crappy team. Success should have a had at least four assists today if they had a decent striker. He ought to have scored at least one more himself.

At the end of the day, game ends 3-3.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2015
joseph1013:
Of course not. Granada is a crappy team. Success should have a had at least four assists today if they had a decent striker. He ought to have scored at least one more himself.

At the end of the day, game ends 3-3.

I hope he leaves Granada soon. Being around such crappy players and playing off position will not help him. That is why I want Oliseh to call Success and expose him so clubs can see his quality and sign him.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:54pm On Oct 19, 2015
Well, looks like Oliseh might call him up sooner than we think........ Coz there's news making the rounds that Emenike just called it quits with the Super Eagles.

TheGoodJoe:

I hope he leaves Granada soon. Being around such crappy players and playing off position will not help him. That is why I want Oliseh to call Success and expose him so clubs can see his quality and sign him.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 11:38pm On Oct 19, 2015
Isaac success will be a good replacement for Emenike . Oliseh should give him a call up to the national team ,not ogbeche .

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 20, 2015
lexyman:
Isaac success will be a good replacement for Emenike . Oliseh should give him a call up to the national team ,not ogbeche .
He has all the qualities to be a good Striker and Oliseh should consider him as a better replacement for Emenike!

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2015
adeyemi2015:

He has all the qualities to be a good Striker and Oliseh should consider him as a better replacement for Emenike!

He is very fast, unpredictable in front of goal, nice dribbling skills , strong and very good stamina , average height, and his shot power is okay , what else can we ask for ?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

He is tied to the Club till 2019 by a very big knut. You know what that means now. With a selfish agent, it might take grace for him to leave. It seems to me, his agent is not too concerned about his progress and development, but just about what enters his account. Success would have progressed in the game better else where than Granada.

Atleast Odion Ighalo is a testament to this assertion.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: NFF Stop U-23 Eagles From League Matches
[/size]
[img]http://www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14307[/img]
The Nigeria Football Federation have announced on their official website that from Sunday no player in the U-23 Eagles camp will be released to honour any league match until further notice.

According to a statement signed by the NFF Deputy General Secretary, Emmanuel Ikpeme, the notification has become necessary because the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal is just around the corner.

He says it is worrisome that due to the regular requests by clubs whose players are in camp, for weekly league matches, the coaches of the U-23 team hardly have up to 10 players to work with at a time, insisting that this is unacceptable to the NFF.

As a result, the rules guiding the release of players from the national camp will be fully applied, meaning rescheduling of league matches (where a team has more than four players in a camp) or two players to be released, and non-release of players where a team has not more than two players.

The African U-23 Cup of Nations will be held from 28 November to 12 December, with the U-23 Eagles billed to take on Egypt, Algeria and Mali in Group B.

The competition will serve as qualification for the 2016 Rio Olympic Games.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.mobi/readNewsItem1.php?nid=14307

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2015
The rejection of the Five million euros bid from Inter Milan for Success still bothers me. It was a good offer for a young player. I hope something happens to take the young star away from there.
Success working under Mancini who is great at developing young talents like Adriano, Martins, Balotelli, Icardi, would have helped Success career.

He would have played with a talented side. Wish Isaac Success the best.

terzurum5:

He is tied to the Club till 2019 by a very big knut. You know what that means now. With a selfish agent, it might take grace for him to leave. It seems to me, his agent is not too concerned about his progress and development, but just about what enters his account. Success would have progressed in the game better else where than Granada.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 9:29am On Oct 22, 2015
terzurum5:

2019?? that's BAD so Granada bought him fully from udinese?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 9:55am On Oct 22, 2015
Tomtoxic:

a loan move to watford come january will be a welcome development

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 10:07am On Oct 22, 2015
AIG07:
a loan move to watford come january will be a welcome development
a really welcomed move oh I would love to see the duo of ighalo and success (2 Bini boys sef) and from the club it could also move down to the super eagles

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:18am On Oct 22, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
The rejection of the Five million euros bid from Inter Milan for Success still bothers me. It was a good offer for a young player. I hope something happens to take the young star away from there.
Success working under Mancini who is great at developing young talents like Adriano, Martins, Balotelli, Icardi, would have helped Success career.

He would have played with a talented side. Wish Isaac Success the best.

Honestly he should stay, all that glitter's is not gold. At Granada he can enjoy regular team football without the extra pressure. They have good attackers, he is even keeping Congo's top man on the bench so to them he is an important player. At Granada he can score 2 goals in 8 and nobody will call for his head. Plus 5 million is not a great offer, it's not like he is a youth player with no experience in a top flight team the boy had played a whole season just about. 15 million as of now is the least they should even think of accepting for a player of his talent.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:41pm On Oct 22, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Honestly he should stay, all that glitter's is not gold. At Granada he can enjoy regular team football without the extra pressure. They have good attackers, he is even keeping Congo's top man on the bench so to them he is an important player. At Granada he can score 2 goals in 8 and nobody will call for his head. Plus 5 million is not a great offer, it's not like he is a youth player with no experience in a top flight team the boy had played a whole season just about. 15 million as of now is the least they should even think of accepting for a player of his talent.

Regular football is overrated. If Success was in Inter Milan, he would have a chance to train under a coach who knows the business of coaching top strikers. The Granada coach might value Isaac Success but he has no history of training a top striker or even coaching one.

It is not a matter of playing regularly but getting the right training to turn Success into a Super Star. We are talking of a player with World Class finishing talent. Without the right manager, it would be difficult for Success to turn into a World Class Super Star if he keeps on training under a mediocre coach and training with mediocre talents.

Isaac Success should be competing to become the best.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:45am On Oct 23, 2015
Tomtoxic:

Ya, the contract extention took place immediately after the FIFA U-20 World Cup

[size=14pt]
Official : Isaac Success Extends Granada Contract Until 2019
[/size]

Flying Eagles star Isaac Success has been rewarded for his impressive displays for the first team of Granada last season, with the Andalusian outfit announcing that his contract has been extended.

Granada have also decided to prolong the agreement binding both parties to fend off interest from overseas club.

The new deal that the 19 - year - old signed will see him remain at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes until the summer of 2019.

The former Nigeria Under 17 international recorded 19 appearances in the top flight over the course of last season, scoring once.

Success scored 2 goals in 4 games for the Nigeria Under 20s during the 2015 World Cup in New Zealand.

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=15815
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:50am On Oct 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho’s Release
[/size]

By Richard JIdeaka, Abuja:

Ahead of the Africa Under-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, Manchester City have given the Nigeria Football Federation conditions for releasing their young Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho for the Rio Olympic games qualifying tournament.

Official sources revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Man City are insisting that they get a firm assurance from the NFF that Iheanacho will feature in all the U-23 Eagles games at the championship billed to kick off on November 26.

“Man City are willing to release Iheanacho for the U-23 AFCON if coach Samson Siasia gives them assurance that he will feature him in almost all the matches the Nigerian team plays in Senegal,” the source told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“It’s like they want him to continue his development by getting game time while away from the City’s first team. Siasia has yet to give such guarantee of Iheanacho starting all the games but insists that the former Eaglet must prove himself to play all games.”

Complete Sports gathered that aside from Iheanacho, Siasia has also received assurance by the clubs of Kingsley Madu, Taiwo Awoniyi and Wilfred Ndidi to make them available for the final phase of the African qualifiers for the Brazil Olympics.

According to the source, these players who are expected to strengthen the U-23 Eagles have on their part promised Siasia that they will arrive early enough to train with the team and make the final cut for the tournament
Meanwhile, new players like home-based Super Eagles player Bature Yaro have been invited to join the team after the CHAN qualifier with Burkina Faso, while Stephen Eze of Sunshine Stars FC and Jimoh Oni of Heartland FC are to join immediately.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-man-city-give-nigeria-conditions-for-iheanachos-release/

I must state here once again, that Mancity's stance is as a result of the way the U-20 Coaches treated this guy. That is why Mancity is feeling so unsure and insecure about Nacho's release.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Porto Loanee Fidelis Irhene Out For Two Weeks
[/size]

Irhene Fidelis Christopher was not in action for Portuguese Segunda Liga outfit Portimonense in their 1-0 home win over
Santa Clara on Wednesday at the Estadio Portimao.

It would be the second time the former Nike Boys of Tudun Wada, Jos starlet failed to make the starting XI for the promotion seekers since he was loaned out by his club FC Porto at the beginning of this season.

Fidelis had a slight knock on Monday and had to be rested so as to enhance his full recovery.
Portimonense SC shot themselves to the second spot on the log of the Segunda Liga with the victory closely behind Porto B who are the log leaders.

Brazilian midfielder Dener took the place of Fidelis in defensive midfield position but it is expected that the 19-year-old, who also had stint with the famous Gee-Lec Soccer Academy in Jos, will return to action in the next two weeks.

Portuguese right back, Ricardo Pessoa got the only goal for Portimonense in the very entertaining encounter on 66th minute.

Portimonense SC’s next game is away from home at Oriental on Sunday, October 25.
[/b]

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=16691

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.