Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (697901 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 7:26am On Oct 23, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho’s Release
[/size]

By Richard JIdeaka, Abuja:

Ahead of the Africa Under-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, Manchester City have given the Nigeria Football Federation conditions for releasing their young Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho for the Rio Olympic games qualifying tournament.

Official sources revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Man City are insisting that they get a firm assurance from the NFF that Iheanacho will feature in all the U-23 Eagles games at the championship billed to kick off on November 26.

“Man City are willing to release Iheanacho for the U-23 AFCON if coach Samson Siasia gives them assurance that he will feature him in almost all the matches the Nigerian team plays in Senegal,” the source told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“It’s like they want him to continue his development by getting game time while away from the City’s first team. Siasia has yet to give such guarantee of Iheanacho starting all the games but insists that the former Eaglet must prove himself to play all games.”

Complete Sports gathered that aside from Iheanacho, Siasia has also received assurance by the clubs of Kingsley Madu, Taiwo Awoniyi and Wilfred Ndidi to make them available for the final phase of the African qualifiers for the Brazil Olympics.

According to the source, these players who are expected to strengthen the U-23 Eagles have on their part promised Siasia that they will arrive early enough to train with the team and make the final cut for the tournament
Meanwhile, new players like home-based Super Eagles player Bature Yaro have been invited to join the team after the CHAN qualifier with Burkina Faso, while Stephen Eze of Sunshine Stars FC and Jimoh Oni of Heartland FC are to join immediately.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-man-city-give-nigeria-conditions-for-iheanachos-release/

I must state here once again, that Mancity's stance is as a result of the way the U-20 Coaches treated this guy. That is why Mancity is feeling so unsure and insecure about Nacho's release.
I fully support your stance. The fans were so pissed when Manu benched him for U20.....

This time, they need him to play since the competition is going on while the Club games are still on. They can't have their star prospect on the bench while others shine

I like their condition

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45am On Oct 23, 2015
I agree with Man City. I will like Siasia to leave him out totally for now to continue his development with City. There is no need wasting his time if he will not play.

terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
U-23 AFCON: Man City Give Nigeria Conditions For Iheanacho’s Release
[/size]

By Richard JIdeaka, Abuja:

Ahead of the Africa Under-23 Cup of Nations in Senegal, Manchester City have given the Nigeria Football Federation conditions for releasing their young Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho for the Rio Olympic games qualifying tournament.

Official sources revealed to Comple tesportsnigeria.com that Man City are insisting that they get a firm assurance from the NFF that Iheanacho will feature in all the U-23 Eagles games at the championship billed to kick off on November 26.

“Man City are willing to release Iheanacho for the U-23 AFCON if coach Samson Siasia gives them assurance that he will feature him in almost all the matches the Nigerian team plays in Senegal,” the source told Comple tesportsnigeria.com.

“It’s like they want him to continue his development by getting game time while away from the City’s first team. Siasia has yet to give such guarantee of Iheanacho starting all the games but insists that the former Eaglet must prove himself to play all games.”

Complete Sports gathered that aside from Iheanacho, Siasia has also received assurance by the clubs of Kingsley Madu, Taiwo Awoniyi and Wilfred Ndidi to make them available for the final phase of the African qualifiers for the Brazil Olympics.

According to the source, these players who are expected to strengthen the U-23 Eagles have on their part promised Siasia that they will arrive early enough to train with the team and make the final cut for the tournament
Meanwhile, new players like home-based Super Eagles player Bature Yaro have been invited to join the team after the CHAN qualifier with Burkina Faso, while Stephen Eze of Sunshine Stars FC and Jimoh Oni of Heartland FC are to join immediately.
[/b]

www.completesportsnigeria.com/u-23-afcon-man-city-give-nigeria-conditions-for-iheanachos-release/

I must state here once again, that Mancity's stance is as a result of the way the U-20 Coaches treated this guy. That is why Mancity is feeling so unsure and insecure about Nacho's release.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by terzurum5(m): 8:52am On Oct 23, 2015
safarigirl:
I fully support your stance. The fans were so pissed when Manu benched him for U20.....

This time, they need him to play since the competition is going on while the Club games are still on. They can't have their star prospect on the bench while others shine

I like their condition

Its so annoying and humiliating, that Coach Samson Siasia is making the same statement that Manu Garba made that, 'Kelechi will have to fight for a starting role in the U-23 Squad', in Coach Siasia's words and I quote the article some where above

"Siasia has yet to give such guarantee of Iheanacho starting all the games but insists that the former Eaglet must prove himself to play all games.” What else does this guy need to do to play all the games? Is it physical fitness? (and if you are not sure of his physical condition, just leave him out and look for some 'Hussein Bolt' in the Local League to makeup for the forwards options).

How on earth will you invite someone who is highly rated in his Club to come and sit on the bench for the whole duration of the tournament. Its degrading.

I also suggest they (U-23 Coaches) leave him to enjoy his dev. with his Club for now.

No time for a repeat of that shameful stance any more.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by lexyman(m): 10:09am On Oct 23, 2015
terzurum5:

Its so annoying and humiliating, that Coach Samson Siasia is making the same statement that Manu Garba made that, 'Kelechi will have to fight for a starting role in the U-23 Squad', in Coach Siasia's words and I quote the article some where above

"Siasia has yet to give such guarantee of Iheanacho starting all the games but insists that the former Eaglet must prove himself to play all games.” What else does this guy need to do to play all the games? Is it physical fitness? (and if you are not sure of his physical condition, just leave him out and look for some 'Hussein Bolt' in the Local League to makeup for the forwards options).

How on earth will you invite someone who is highly rated in his Club to come and sit on the bench for the whole duration of the tournament. Its degradin
I suggest they (U-23 Coaches) leave him to enjoy his dev. with his Club for now.

No time for a repeat of that shameful stance any more.

Before a coach assembles his players , he has penned down who and who will make his first 11 , sia1 is just tryn to pass a msg that no player is bigger than the team , that they must follow d rule of d team for player selection . This will make everyone of them work . It's just away to psyche them to do well .

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11pm On Oct 23, 2015
lexyman:

Before a coach assembles his players , he has penned down who and who will make his first 11 , sia1 is just tryn to pass a msg that no player is bigger than the team , that they must follow d rule of d team for player selection . This will make everyone of them work . It's just away to psyche them to do well .

That is not enough for City to release a treasured asset.I say Siasia leaves Nacho out for now. His development is more important because he will help us more in the future.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2015
I know i risk being slapped thru my phone but I don't agree with the idea of a coach being told who to play. If anything it is insulting to our coach, Iheanacho is Nigerian just like any one else Siasia will select. He is good enough to start for the team we all know this so why the extra gist and terms to contract?This is not some ordinary coach they are making this "ultimatum" to, it is a man that has been to the Olympic games final. Man City is not Real Madrid they should go and sit down. The question was, can you send Iheanacho, yes or no?
What also annoys me is that the request was made public and whoever this NFF mule/source is should be delt with. My thing is if this request is met, what is next? Do they tell Siasia who else to play with him(Nwakali)? Or say "make sure he plays striker"(bench Ajayi/Awoniyi)? The whole thing is a bad idea because it sends the wrong message that our coach is not in charge. Anyways why should our coach listen to anything that comes from England? How successful have they been in youth football? He knows his player's obviously if he requested for Iheanacho it was not for him to come and eat chin chin. Or wait, I guess they feel all Nigerian's are the same so Siasia automatically will do the same thing to Nacho that Manu did. This pisses me off because Siasia might be forced to reject Iheanacho all together and I'm pretty sure it was Man City's plan all along.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
I know i risk being slapped thru my phone but I don't agree with the idea of a coach being told who to play. If anything it is insulting to our coach, Iheanacho is Nigerian just like any one else Siasia will select. He is good enough to start for the team we all know this so why the extra gist and terms to contract?This is not some ordinary coach they are making this "ultimatum" to, it is a man that has been to the Olympic games final. Man City is not Real Madrid they should go and sit down. The question was, can you send Iheanacho, yes or no?
What also annoys me is that the request was made public and whoever this NFF mule/source is should be delt with. My thing is if this request is met, what is next? Do they tell Siasia who else to play with him(Nwakali)? Or say "make sure he plays striker"(bench Ajayi/Awoniyi)? The whole thing is a bad idea because it sends the wrong message that our coach is not in charge. Anyways why should our coach listen to anything that comes from England? How successful have they been in youth football? He knows his player's obviously if he requested for Iheanacho it was not for him to come and eat chin chin. Or wait, I guess they feel all Nigerian's are the same so Siasia automatically will do the same thing to Nacho that Manu did. This pisses me off because Siasia might be forced to reject Iheanacho all together and I'm pretty sure it was Man City's plan all along.
they did not say anything wrong. What is their guarantee that Siasia won't do as Manu did? After all, it's obvious that Nigerian coaches are not hundred percent in charge of team selection. NFF dey join mouth on top who go play, so Man City can say if they want to release player or not

Before Kelechi will go and dust bench, do you think Barca would release Neymar to dust bench in U23?

The club pays the boy's salary, NFF just dey borrow player so they would do well to keep to City's terms

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2015
Hi Everyone...... Uhmm...... This just came in... Thought I should drop it.......*smiles* Really pray most of the Foreign pros eventually turn up (club release palava)...... No Musa Mohammed, No Godwin Savior, No Musa Yahaya, No Chidera Ezeh, No C. Nwakali, etc........
Well, of course they and more all got roles in our soccer future but Siasia has named the ones he needs to get "that Olympic ticket".
Once the ticket is secured..... I believe we're gonna really "sit down" and draw up a list of the best of the best for every position...... Coz Rio must feel the power of the "DREAM TEAM". Go get them Siasia and co.... Wish y'all the best...... *smiles*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siasia invites Iheanacho, Simon and 49
others for Senegal 2015
-------------------------------------

Head Coach of the U-23 National Team (Dream
Team), Samson Siasia has invited a total of 51 players
made up of 35 home based and 16 overseas based
professionals to camp, in preparation for the Africa
U-23 Cup of Nations holding in Senegal from 28th
November - 12th December this year.

From the list released, the home based players are
being led to camp by experienced Enugu Rangers’
goal –tender Emmanuel Daniel, Abia Warriors
defender Erhun Obanor, Warri Wolves attacking
midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo and Enyimba midfield
maestro Kingsley Sokari.

The overseas legion is being led by Turkey –based
Azubuike Okechukwu (captain of the team),
Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, Belgium
based Moses Simon, Spain –based Isaac Success and
Germany –based Taiwo Awoniyi.

Home based players are expected to report to the
Serob Legacy Hotel, Wuye camp immediately while
the overseas -based players would report at the
team's final training camp before the tournament.

»The Foreign Pros...........

1. Azubuike Okechukwu (Yeni Malatyaspor, Turkey)
2. Junior Ajayi (CS Sfaxien, Tunisia)
3. Taiwo Awoniyi (FSV Frankfurt, Germany)
4. Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England)
5. Moses Simon (KAA Gent Belgium)
6. Wilfred Ndidi (Genk, Belgium)
7. Isaac Success (Granada, Spain)
8. Dele Alampasu (SC Feirense, Portugal)
9. Shehu Abdullahi (Uniao Da Madeira, Portugal)
10. Alex Iwobi (Arsenal, England)
11. Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin, Slovenia)
12. Vin Solomon Otabor (Birmingham, England)
13. Uche Ikpeazu (Port Vale FC, England)
14. Stanley Amuzie (Olhanense, Portugal)
15. Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor, Turkey)
16. Paul Onuachu (FC Midtjylland, Denmark)

»The Home-based Pros.........

1. Emmanuel Daniel (Rangers Int Enugu)
2. Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars)
3. Emmanuel Iwu (Heartland F. C)
4. Segun Oduduwa (Nath Boys)
5. Sincere Seth Rhapsody
6. Erhun Obanor (Abia Warriors)
7. Chima Akas (Sharks F. C)
8. Daniel Etor (Enyimba F. C)
9. Oghenekaro Etebo (Warri Wolves F. C)
10. Godwin Aguda (Rangers F. C)
11. Usman Mohammed (Taraba F. C)
12. Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors F. C)
13. Chukwuebuka Iroha (Diamond F. C)
14. Austine Oladapo (F C Ifeanyi Ubah)
15. Christian Pyagbara (Sharks F. C)
16. Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves F. C)
17. Semiu Liadi (Warri Wolves F. C)
18. Godspower Effiong (Kano Pillars F. C)
19. Ifeanyi Mathew (El Kanemi F. C)
20. Bright Onyeadikachi (F. C Ifeanyi Ubah)
21. Prince Aggrey (Sunshine Stars F. C)
22. Mustapha Abdullahi( Sport Light F. C)
23. Muritala Adamu (Kano Pillars F. C)
24. Zaradeen Bello (Kano Pillars F. C)
25. Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
26. Seun Olulayo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
27. Tiongoli Tonbara (Bayelsa United)
28. Kufre Ebong (Warri Wolves F. C)
29. Kingsley Eduwo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
30. Stephens Eze (Sunshine Stars F. C)
31. Anaezemba Nzube (Enyimba F. C)
32. Charles Chukwudi (Plateau United)
33. Daniel Enmanson (Akwa United )
34. Ibrahim Alhassan (Heart F. C Kano)
35. Adebayo Ajadi (36 Lions).

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/siasia-invites-iheanacho-simon-and-49.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2015
Man City officials are not choosing for Siasia. We value Nacho and he is key to our success this season. The Coaches are working hard to get him ready to support the team's vision.
So do you think City has the time to release Nacho to Siasia and Siasia ends up making a mockery of his talents. Sheikh Mansour spent a lot of money building the Etihad campus. Nacho is the brightest prospect and Nacho doing well at the Etihad will mean money well spent.
After the U20 shocker, a serious club will not let a player like Nacho go without making sure that there is a place for him.
If Siasia can not guarantee Nacho has a place in the team, then there is a chance Nacho can end up on the bench. With that, Nacho is better with Pellegrini and his crew than Siasia.

Remember, Argentina FA took Barcelona to FIFA to demand the release of Messi. Good players mean a lot to the clubs.
City have only three strikers including Nacho. We can not let him go like that.

BascoVanVeli:

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:55pm On Oct 23, 2015
Nice list. The attack competition will be fierce.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2015
safarigirl:
they did not say anything wrong. What is their guarantee that Siasia won't do as Manu did? After all, it's obvious that Nigerian coaches are not hundred percent in charge of team selection. NFF dey join mouth on top who go play, so Man City can say if they want to release payer or not

Before Kelechi will go and dust bench, do you think Barca would release Neymar to dust bench in U23?

The club pays the boy's salary, NFF just day borrow player so they would do well to keep to City's terms

Im sorry i feel this is in the least unprofessional, you don't publicly tell a coach how to do his job. How do we know Iheanacho won't come and start acting like Balloteli because he know's he can't get benched(i doubt it but it could happen)? You say Neymar and i go even further to say even Messi can be benched. Iheanacho is a great talent but he isn't God, so what he got benched, the coach felt he wasn't fit, now I always say that Manu was wrong on that end but at the end of the day it was his decision to make and we must respect that if we want to have a decent society. However this should in no way affect them sending Iheanacho because Siasia did nothing wrong. No English team tells the FA who to play so why bring that ish to Nigeria. Like Harry Kane the spurs never made a comment about him playing all the games in the past u-21 Euro's and who else was on that team? I agree that they pay his salary and to be honest I don't see why they are even considering it seeing how much more important he has become to them, i can see granada blocking all calls from Nigeria and kaa gent telling their gate man no open door for Sunday Olisehsmiley.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Man City officials are not choosing for Siasia. We value Nacho and he is key to our success this season. The Coaches are working hard to get him ready to support the team's vision.
So do you think City has the time to release Nacho to Siasia and Siasia ends up making a mockery of his talents. Sheikh Mansour spent a lot of money building the Etihad campus. Nacho is the brightest prospect and Nacho doing well at the Etihad will mean money well spent.
After the U20 shocker, a serious club will not let a player like Nacho go without making sure that there is a place for him.
If Siasia can not guarantee Nacho has a place in the team, then there is a chance Nacho can end up on the bench. With that, Nacho is better with Pellegrini and his crew than Siasia.

Remember, Argentina FA took Barcelona to FIFA to demand the release of Messi. Good players mean a lot to the clubs.
City have only three strikers including Nacho. We can not let him go like that.

the thing is this, i don't know where you work but i can't loan u a pen then expect to tell u how to do ur job. It is that simple, the NFF had the right to bar Iheanacho's move to Man City true or false? now how would they have liked it if we said "before Iheanacho can come to city we need a guarantee the he will be a starter on the first team"? He was capable of that with the talent we sent him there with, they did not make Iheanacho Nigeria did, they have done nothing but take credit for a boy who was already going to the world cup before they signed him. To be honest if this is what western civilized people do I rather we go back to bribing our coaches. It is a great insult i don't care if our coaches really don't have all the say one thing is sure whoever the string pullers are don't publicly jest a coach into "do what i say or else". If we can't respect ourselves who will?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:48pm On Oct 23, 2015
Men! That list na baba, especially the striking options. Just pray to God these foreign clubs release all these players for the tournament proper.

**Ñäîjá~ñã~ßàßâ~**

TheSuperNerd:
Hi Everyone...... Uhmm...... This just came in... Thought I should drop it.......*smiles* Really pray most of the Foreign pros eventually turn up (club release palava)...... No Musa Mohammed, No Godwin Savior, No Musa Yahaya, No Chidera Ezeh, No C. Nwakali, etc........
Well, of course they and more all got roles in our soccer future but Siasia has named the ones he needs to get "that Olympic ticket".
Once the ticket is secured..... I believe we're gonna really "sit down" and draw up a list of the best of the best for every position...... Coz Rio must feel the power of the "DREAM TEAM". Go get them Siasia and co.... Wish y'all the best...... *smiles*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Siasia invites Iheanacho, Simon and 49
others for Senegal 2015
-------------------------------------

Head Coach of the U-23 National Team (Dream
Team), Samson Siasia has invited a total of 51 players
made up of 35 home based and 16 overseas based
professionals to camp, in preparation for the Africa
U-23 Cup of Nations holding in Senegal from 28th
November - 12th December this year.

From the list released, the home based players are
being led to camp by experienced Enugu Rangers’
goal –tender Emmanuel Daniel, Abia Warriors
defender Erhun Obanor, Warri Wolves attacking
midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo and Enyimba midfield
maestro Kingsley Sokari.

The overseas legion is being led by Turkey –based
Azubuike Okechukwu (captain of the team),
Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho, Belgium
based Moses Simon, Spain –based Isaac Success and
Germany –based Taiwo Awoniyi.

Home based players are expected to report to the
Serob Legacy Hotel, Wuye camp immediately while
the overseas -based players would report at the
team's final training camp before the tournament.

»The Foreign Pros...........

1. Azubuike Okechukwu (Yeni Malatyaspor, Turkey)
2. Junior Ajayi (CS Sfaxien, Tunisia)
3. Taiwo Awoniyi (FSV Frankfurt, Germany)
4. Kelechi Iheanacho (Manchester City, England)
5. Moses Simon (KAA Gent Belgium)
6. Wilfred Ndidi (Genk, Belgium)
7. Isaac Success (Granada, Spain)
8. Dele Alampasu (SC Feirense, Portugal)
9. Shehu Abdullahi (Uniao Da Madeira, Portugal)
10. Alex Iwobi (Arsenal, England)
11. Kingsley Madu (AS Trencin, Slovenia)
12. Vin Solomon Otabor (Birmingham, England)
13. Uche Ikpeazu (Port Vale FC, England)
14. Stanley Amuzie (Olhanense, Portugal)
15. Aminu Umar (Osmanlispor, Turkey)
16. Paul Onuachu (FC Midtjylland, Denmark)

»The Home-based Pros.........

1. Emmanuel Daniel (Rangers Int Enugu)
2. Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars)
3. Emmanuel Iwu (Heartland F. C)
4. Segun Oduduwa (Nath Boys)
5. Sincere Seth Rhapsody
6. Erhun Obanor (Abia Warriors)
7. Chima Akas (Sharks F. C)
8. Daniel Etor (Enyimba F. C)
9. Oghenekaro Etebo (Warri Wolves F. C)
10. Godwin Aguda (Rangers F. C)
11. Usman Mohammed (Taraba F. C)
12. Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors F. C)
13. Chukwuebuka Iroha (Diamond F. C)
14. Austine Oladapo (F C Ifeanyi Ubah)
15. Christian Pyagbara (Sharks F. C)
16. Stanley Dimgba (Warri Wolves F. C)
17. Semiu Liadi (Warri Wolves F. C)
18. Godspower Effiong (Kano Pillars F. C)
19. Ifeanyi Mathew (El Kanemi F. C)
20. Bright Onyeadikachi (F. C Ifeanyi Ubah)
21. Prince Aggrey (Sunshine Stars F. C)
22. Mustapha Abdullahi( Sport Light F. C)
23. Muritala Adamu (Kano Pillars F. C)
24. Zaradeen Bello (Kano Pillars F. C)
25. Dayo Ojo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
26. Seun Olulayo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
27. Tiongoli Tonbara (Bayelsa United)
28. Kufre Ebong (Warri Wolves F. C)
29. Kingsley Eduwo (Sunshine Stars F. C)
30. Stephens Eze (Sunshine Stars F. C)
31. Anaezemba Nzube (Enyimba F. C)
32. Charles Chukwudi (Plateau United)
33. Daniel Enmanson (Akwa United )
34. Ibrahim Alhassan (Heart F. C Kano)
35. Adebayo Ajadi (36 Lions).

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/10/siasia-invites-iheanacho-simon-and-49.html?m=1
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2015
why is Bature Yaro not there?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:21pm On Oct 23, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

the thing is this, i don't know where you work but i can't loan u a pen then expect to tell u how to do ur job. It is that simple, the NFF had the right to bar Iheanacho's move to Man City true or false? now how would they have liked it if we said "before Iheanacho can come to city we need a guarantee the he will be a starter on the first team"? He was capable of that with the talent we sent him there with, they did not make Iheanacho Nigeria did, they have done nothing but take credit for a boy who was already going to the world cup before they signed him. To be honest if this is what western civilized people do I rather we go back to bribing our coaches. It is a great insult i don't care if our coaches really don't have all the say one thing is sure whoever the string pullers are don't publicly jest a coach into "do what i say or else". If we can't respect ourselves who will?

[b]Nacho was a creative midfielder before City signed him. When City signed him, he was not ready to sit on City's bench. The Citizens sent him to Barca's La Masia Academy to work with the Coaches that trained the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets. Then he was sent to an MLS team to train with a coach that plays a very creative brand of attacking football because of Nacho's work permit issues.

Nacho had a serious injury and City brought him back to the Etihad campus for treatment and Rehabilitation.

In the course of all these, they identified his attacking talent and trained him to become a lethal finisher. The Citizens employed the coach who personally worked with Messi to work with the young special talents like Nacho.
Now, he is ready to excel and you think City will release Nacho when he is an important cover for our strikers.
If you think City did nothing, then they have all the right to make their demands because our Nigerian coaches do not value the work and money used in developing Nacho.
[/b]
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2015
man city have no right to demand that he plays almost all matches.it is the decision of the coach to invite players who he needs and also to select the 1st team.if u guys can support this then u should also support the NFF 'big men' who supposedly choose for a coach.
if gent had held Nigeria to ransom about simon moses playing almost every game then Godwin wouldn't have shone.man city stance shouldn't be celebrated by any Nigerian u don't dictate to a country on how to use a player just checkout this ongoing kompany and pellegrini matter #arrant nonsense

the u-23 list is really star studded but I think a 51 man list is too much sia1 should have reduced the number
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:40pm On Oct 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
QUIZE TIME!!!

Know Your Players and their Clubsides

Here we go again
[/size]
Instructions:-
a. Mention the names of the players below and the clubs they play for.
b. Indicate whether right or left if necessary.
c. Spelling error shall not be tolerated.
d. No late submission.
e. You shall not modify your answers.
[img]http://africanfootball.com/news/578869/Iheanacho-Awoniyi-lead-16-foreign-pros-for-Rio-Olympics-qualifiers[/img]

Hey you over there!! No giraffing, No Cheating!! Lol. gringrin
[/b]

Safarigirl you are the Chief Examiner of this exam.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by AIG07: 7:57pm On Oct 23, 2015
BascoVanVeli:
supported!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2015
Man City is short of strikers with Aguero injured. Nacho's development is also important to the club. They can only release Nacho if they are sure he will play regularly for Siasia's side. If he is not that important to Siasia, then he is better playing with City.

Tomtoxic:
man city have no right to demand that he plays almost all matches.it is the decision of the coach to invite players who he needs and also to select the 1st team.if u guys can support this then u should also support the NFF 'big men' who supposedly choose for a coach.
if gent had held Nigeria to ransom about simon moses playing almost every game then Godwin wouldn't have shone.man city stance shouldn't be celebrated by any Nigerian u don't dictate to a country on how to use a player just checkout this ongoing kompany and pellegrini matter #arrant nonsense

the u-23 list is really star studded but I think a 51 man list is too much sia1 should have reduced the number
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Tomtoxic: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2015
TheGoodJoe:
Man City is short of strikers with Aguero injured. Nacho's development is also important to the club. They can only release Nacho if they are sure he will play regularly for Siasia's side. If he is not that important to Siasia, then he is better playing with City.

even players on the bench are important to siasia.
if it is not a FIFA tournament then fine they can hold him but if its a FIFA tournament they've got to release him even if he comes off the bench he can make a difference the major tin is that he works for the team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2015
Abeg siasia should leave nacho alone if he can't guarantee he is ganna use him... The guy should be allowed to concentrate on club football..

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
I'm sorry but today going for city is like going for Nigeria. These are the types of games every player dreams of, this is like a world cup finals because everyone is watching world wide the pressure is intense it wouldn't be foolish to say that this is the biggest match of kelechi Iheanacho's career so far(i say so far cuz he's not there yet lol). it could end up like any other match or it could take this boy into the next level. Just imagine 3 minutes extra time with the score 0-0 and the ball falls at Nacho's feet just him and the best goalkeaper in the premier league, chai my brother Icon4 go wan die because then let thee hyping begin! men I'm hyped up nepa or no nepa i must watch this match even if he no play i go dey there come back tell una say the thing vex me lol. Happy Sunday my people oo.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 4:33pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nacho needs at least 15 minutes in this game... What's Pele thinking....
*touches pelle* *whispers in his ears--bring in nacho*

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 4:46pm On Oct 25, 2015
Shakes Head... Does pelle have hearing loss?... I said nacho not martins...
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2015
Nacho in ... 83rd minutes....
Lots of tired legs now.... Can Nacho run them over?.... With city's damage control approach?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by linked: 5:03pm On Oct 25, 2015
Derby ends in stalemate...
Nacho gets a miserly 10 minutes... Pelle needs to start doing the needful

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by bigblangston: 6:24pm On Oct 25, 2015
Who ever authorized Bony nd Sterling transfer shud be arrested by efcc for money laundering

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:52pm On Oct 26, 2015
bigblangston:
Who ever authorized Bony nd Sterling transfer shud be arrested by efcc for money laundering

Please do not call them. Let us wait and see. I do not want to judge quickly. It is not looking good. Rony Lopes who we loaned out might have been a better choice.

If Sterling and Bony continue like this, I think Pellegrini should replace him with Navas, then Nasri and then Barker.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by joseph1013: 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

Please do not call them. Let us wait and see. I do not want to judge quickly. It is not looking good. Rony Lopes who we loaned out might have been a better choice.

If Sterling and Bony continue like this, I think Pellegrini should replace him with Navas, then Nasri and then Barker.

But Sterling scored a hattrick not too long ago. It's Bony that is worrying. He has a huge salary.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2015
joseph1013:

But Sterling scored a hattrick not too long ago. It's Bony that is worrying. He has a huge salary.

That was Bournemouth. For the class of fifty million pounds, we deserve more from Sterling. He is not cutting it at City.

Honestly, I think Pellegrini should stick with the midfield trio of yesterday. That is Fernando, Fernandinho and Yaya. When Silva returns, we should play Silva and De Bruyne to make a five man midfield with Aguero upfront.

I never liked the Sterling and Bony buy. I hope they work out.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
Honestly, Coach Pellegrini is starting to make me think he's kinda "scared"....... He knows Nacho is just super talented and as good as any out there (imagine 19-yr old Martial was Man utd's best player on a day, Man city missed Silva, Aguero and Nasri), so why still limit his game time?

Anyway, I expect Iheanacho to get big gametime on wednesday (28th). If not, then it shows that aguero or not, Nacho might have to do what Pogba did.

linked:
Derby ends in stalemate...
Nacho gets a miserly 10 minutes... Pelle needs to start doing the needful

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.