Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,582 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! - Sports (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! (698774 Views)

Nigeria's U-23 Team Land In Lagos Following AFCON Victory (Photos) / Samson Siasia Flaunts The U-23 Trophy And His Medal (Photo) / All The News About The Golden Eaglets (U-17) HERE! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (341) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:24am On Nov 27, 2015
Please Sir, do you know the scorers in our 5-0 win?

I wonder why most media outlets didn't give us the brief details of what actually happened.

Anyway, I think the team just entered "Killer beast mode". *smiles*

icon4ss:

My dear forget about whether Senegal and Mali are presenting their U20 Teams. This is U23, if they chose to present an U20 or U21 team they are short-changing themselves. Besides, the Senegalese team that won the AAG was not mostly U20.

Nigeria are favorites to scale through that group. When it comes to football at this particular age grade Nigeria stands tall from amongst the other 3 teams in that group. We know we don't have our best legs available for the qualifiers but one thing I know is that the team is good enough to pick the ticket. One thing I like abt this team is they know how to play good football and also create lots of chances which is typical of Siasia's teams. Meanwhile Dream Team 5-0 Gambia U20 .After d first game ended 1-1 Siasia requested for a rematch. grin
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:31am On Nov 27, 2015
*smiles*

You've spoken well "Omo dada" jare.....*smiles*

What do I offer you Sir? Tea, Coffee, Malt or Fruit wine?
I'm sorry, I no get "Orijin" wey dey reign for NL. *smiles*

Abi na Baron de vals? Smirnoff? Gulder? Guinness? Hmmm........ Abeg o. I no get these ones o.....

And yeah, I agree. Siasia's inclusion of Osimhen was NOT an act of desperation. *smiles*

adeyemi2015:

I think it's a good decision to call up the Lad! Presently he's hot, thus he needs games and exposures to develop his talents rapidly!
We should praise Siasia for the decision and not seeing it from the angle of desperation!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:40am On Nov 27, 2015
You're right about his "future role" for the 2020 Olympics.

You're right about his youth and naivete at this stage of football.

And you're right about this again: He's not expected to get a major role in our qualification battle. ***though the "Joker"
anointing may fall on him.....#smiles#.....***

But I do not see his inclusion as an act of desperation on Siasia's part. If Siasia was desperate, he wouldn't have included a "16-yr old" in the final list for an "U-23 TOURNAMENT". You and I know that. *smiles*

icon4ss:

His inclusion was a desperate move by Coach Samson Siasia due to lack of quality U23 strikers in the Nigerian league. He was not sure of the availability of Isaac Success and Taiwo Awoniyi though there is also Junior Ajayi. Osimhen was initially rumored to have been dropped but after it was certain that Success will not be available was called back.

I dnt think Osimhen will be expected to play any major role. The two main strikers are Awoniyi and Ajayi. Osimhen may jst be given some playing time when d need arises and I think it will be a good learning experience for him. Five years down the lane (2020 Olympics) we hope to see a fully matured Osimhen in the Olympics team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
*smiles*

You've spoken well "Omo dada" jare.....*smiles*

What do I offer you Sir? Tea, Coffee, Malt or Fruit wine?
I'm sorry, I no get "Orijin" wey dey reign for NL. *smiles*

Abi na Baron de vals? Smirnoff? Gulder? Guinness? Hmmm........ Abeg o. I no get these ones o.....

And yeah, I agree. Siasia's inclusion of Osimhen was NOT an act of desperation. *smiles*

grin
I will be fine with a Bottle Water!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 1:20pm On Nov 27, 2015
don't mean to hate on anyone's hustle, but why are we following the careers of strange players in 2 kobo clubs? undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2015
Hahahahaha........ Safarihoney!!! Na wa for you o.... *smiles*

2 kobo clubs? Hahahaha..... You are one funny lady as always.

But biko na.... Show them mercy. Haba!

Na because you see Slovenia, cyprus, abi na malta?? Hahahahaha........... You eh!

safarigirl:
don't mean to hate on anyone's hustle, but why are we following the careers of strange players in 2 kobo clubs? undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2015
**pours him a glass of Trump ice**
Here Sir, drink to your satisfaction...... *hands him glass*
#smiles#
adeyemi2015:
grin I will be fine with a Bottle Water!
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Hahahahaha........ Safarihoney!!! Na wa for you o.... *smiles*

2 kobo clubs? Hahahaha..... You are one funny lady as always.

But biko na.... Show them mercy. Haba!

Na because you see Slovenia, cyprus, abi na malta?? Hahahahaha........... You eh!

e never reach to ask? At least of an Orlando Pirates and Zamalek I dey see, I for sabi them small, which one is New England wetin wetin again? undecided
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:26pm On Nov 27, 2015
Okaaayyyy........ Hmmm..... I see.... Na New England Revolution you mean? Hahahahahahaha....... Na wa for you o..... Hahahaha.......*smiles*

But I've heard of the club before now sha....... #MLS_Things

safarigirl:
e never reach to ask? At least of an Orlando Pirates and Zamalek I dey see, I for sabi them small, which one is New England wetin wetin again? undecided

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
My thoughts exactly Sir Goodjoe.......*smiles*

Osimhen may turn out "the shocking" joker of the team. In fact, had Kelechi Nwakali showed up in camp, I wouldn't have been be surprised, if like Osimhen, he made the final list. He would have probably displaced just one person in the midfield dept (but not Usman, Okechukwu, or Etebo).

But I understand Sir Icon4ss (Aka Icon4s»» AntiSpamBot @ work right? *smiles*).

Osimhen and his unique class of 2015 U-17 (the next U-20 class of 2017 plus additions) and the 2019 U-20 Class/2017 U-17 classes WILL FORM THE CENTRAL CORE OF THE "NEXT DREAM TEAM" FOR THE 2020 OLYMPICS.

Yes, he's young and this experience gained will make him even better going forward BUT like you pointed out, THE LAD IS THE REAL DEAL. He may just defy "Age differences", like Awoniyi did in the U-23 AAG qualifiers against Zambia in lusaka, and go on to shoot Nigeria to Glory.

I think he will play a bit-part role but hey! Like I said earlier, he may turn out to be our "biggest and most shocking" Joker.

*smiles* Like you Sir, I strongly believe in these lads. They will conquer in Senegal.

After this, then the "fully loaded and full blooded" Dream Team will emerge for Rio 2016........ And we're taking no prisoners............*smiles*

Good morning and happy friday Sir Goodjoe........*smiles*

At bolded I tire o. I was jst listing some outstanding players from the class of Saudi '89 and I got a 24hrs ban. Thank God I am out of it. There are write-ups of our past and last WYC performances that I posted that got me banned. I dnt know y?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2015
safarigirl:

grin grin grin Funny but thank God for a forum like this. Nairaland sports section has become the scout for our national teams. We have identified so many talents for our national teams from even the farthest leagues in the world especially the last 2yrs. I give kudos to guys like terzurum5, joseph1013, orpkekyandega(hope I spelt it right), bascovanveli and the rest of us here who dig up news and articles on these players and posting the news according to the age grade they fall in.

Let me tell you guys, u may not know the gravity of what u guys are doing here bt I can tell you that u are rendering selfless service to Nigeria.

well done guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2015
Next time that happens, mail the supermods and sports mods to not only unban you BUT help you restore "the write-up" which was hidden because of the ban.

They'll gladly oblige you.........*smiles*

Icon4s:

At bolded I tire o. I was jst listing some outstanding players from the class of Saudi '89 and I got a 24hrs ban. Thank God I am out of it. There are write-ups of our past and last WYC performances that I posted that got me banned. I dnt know y?

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Nov 27, 2015
No you didn't!!!!!!!

It's "Orkpekyandega"

**smiles** You're welcome.

Icon4s:

grin grin grin Funny but thank God for a forum like this. Nairaland sports section has become the scout for our national teams. We have identified so many talents for our national teams from even the farthest leagues in the world especially the last 2yrs. I give kudos to guys like terzurum5, joseph1013, orpkekyandega(hope I spelt it right), bascovanveli and the rest of us here who dig up news and articles on these players and posting the news according to the age grade they fall in.

Let me tell you guys, u may not know the gravity of what u guys are doing here bt I can tell you that u are rendering selfless service to Nigeria.

well done guys

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 8:36pm On Nov 27, 2015
Icon4s:

well done guys
oh, you mean talents like Uchebo, Ujah and the other flops Keshi took to Brazil? undecided

We need the best of the best, do you know anyone in the Brazilian, German, French or Argentine national teams that play for clubs in Slovakia?

Let us kuku manage our Enyimba and Warri Wolves boys, if na Super Eagles prospects we need, we have enough where we got Iheanacho, Nwakali and Osimhen......no be anybody wey manage get visa go jand we go dey call Super Eagles prospect

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2015
safarigirl:
oh, you mean talents like Uchebo, Ujah and the other flops Keshi took to Brazil? undecided

We need the best of the best, do you know anyone in the Brazilian, German, French or Argentine national teams that play for clubs in Slovakia?

Let us kuku manage our Enyimba and Warri Wolves boys, if na Super Eagles prospects we need, we have enough where we got Iheanacho, Nwakali and Osimhen......no be anybody wey manage get visa go jand we go dey call Super Eagles prospect

Double posted, read from my next post pls.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:33pm On Nov 27, 2015
safarigirl:

My sister, we are nt in d class of those Super powers u mentioned nt even during our glorious 1990s. What the posters of those news are doing is jst to showcase our brothers plying their trade in Europe. No one is saying they are all Super Eagles materials. And besides the news posts have remained focused on the young players ie U23, & U20. And u dnt need to look down on them bc dey are in small leagues. Many great players today started from Eastern Europe and lower division leagues in North and Central Europe.

The Iheanacho, Nwakali Osimhen u are saying u have enough, without any doubt I can tell u dat most of the players dat make up the 2013 & 2015 U17 may nt make a mark in d international stage. Instead, some that never played at any of d youth tourneys & are currently in one "lowly" league are the ones dat may really make d mark.That is how cruel football is.

The most successful MVP at d U17 WC is Fabregas. Go and look at d achievement of d other U17MVPs.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by safarigirl(f): 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2015
Icon4s:

My sister, we are nt in d class of those Super powers u mentioned nt even during our glorious 1990s. What the posters of those news are doing is jst to showcase our brothers plying their trade in Europe. No one is saying they are all Super Eagles materials. And besides the news posts have remained focused on the young players ie U23, & U20. And u dnt need to look down on them bc dey are in small leagues. Many great players today started from Eastern Europe and lower division leagues in North and Central Europe.
those superpowers don't have better players than us as far as saw talent.

We should strive to improve on our home turf, rather than run abroad to catch the same guys our flawed system chased to useless leagues.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 10:40pm On Nov 27, 2015
safarigirl:
those superpowers don't have better players than us as far as saw talent.

We should strive to improve on our home turf, rather than run abroad to catch the same guys our flawed system chased to useless leagues.

So how many of the Brazilian and Argentine national team players play in their native South America? And dnt even mention dat we have better players dan d Super Powers. We have to face the reality on ground. We are nt a world power in football and we have to maximise d few quality players we have. As our home turf is nt developed let our footballers sit and fold their hands & wait for d home turfs to b fixed?
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:35am On Nov 28, 2015
As if Fabregas is the only one. *smiles*

You forget Toni Kroos of Germany, MVP 2007 U-17......... And his career is still on.

MVPs from the 2011, 2013 and 2015 U-17 world cups can't be rated yet. You have to wait a bit more before you bring out a jury on them.

And I disagree abeg. In and throughout the '90s, we had top quality players who held their own and were rated among the world's best. #fact.

Also, it's true there's a general trend that not all talents from the age-grades make it big on the senior international stage. It's just how life is in general. Not every one will make it the top BUT IF ONE HAS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, HE WILL BE AMONG THE CLASS OF PEOPLE WHO DOES MAKE IT.

Saying "most" will not make it, is based on previous experiences. That 2013 class most especially boasts about "10 players" who are already on their way to the top and are bound to become "successful" Senior internationals in the near future.

So where does "most" come in here? It should be "some" not "most".

Funny enough, a few others from that class of 2013 (3-5 others) are still in the picture. So you can't just quickly rule out their chances.

Even in the latest 2015 U-17 class, we may see some (4 < x < 12), not few ( 1 or 2), of them work their way up and become successful senior internationals.

You can't keep using the past to predict how the outcome of a set will go. Give room for change and a little surprise. It's a new dawn.

Let's be more sensitive to changes taking place in our football in this second decade of the 21st century with the dawn of another golden generation looming.

And on a final note, Nigeria still got quality players even today. Majority of them are just "youngsters" and still growing. That's the truth.

Icon4s:

The Iheanacho, Nwakali Osimhen u are saying u have enough, without any doubt I can tell u dat most of the players dat make up the 2013 & 2015 U17 may nt make a mark in d international stage. Instead, some that never played at any of d youth tourneys & are currently in one "lowly" league are the ones dat may really make d mark.That is how cruel football is.

The most successful MVP at d U17 WC is Fabregas. Go and look at d achievement of d other U17MVPs.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 5:58am On Nov 28, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
As if Fabregas is the only one. *smiles*

You forget Toni Kroos of Germany, MVP 2007 U-17......... And his career is still on.

MVPs from the 2011, 2013 and 2015 U-17 world cups can't be rated yet. You have to wait a bit more before you bring out a jury on them.

And I disagree abeg. In and throughout the '90s, we had top quality players who held their own and were rated among the world's best. #fact.

Also, it's true there's a general trend that not all talents from the age-grades make it big on the senior international stage. It's just how life is in general. Not every one will make it the top BUT IF ONE HAS THE RIGHT ATTITUDE, HE WILL BE AMONG THE CLASS OF PEOPLE WHO DOES MAKE IT.

Saying "most" will not make it, is based on previous experiences. That 2013 class most especially boasts about "10 players" who are already on their way to the top and are bound to become "successful" Senior internationals in the near future.

So where does "most" come in here? It should be "some" not "most".

Funny enough, a few others from that class of 2013 (3-5 others) are still in the picture. So you can't just quickly rule out their chances.

Even in the latest 2015 U-17 class, we may see some (4 < x < 12), not few ( 1 or 2), of them work their way up and become successful senior internationals.

You can't keep using the past to predict how the outcome of a set will go. Give room for change and a little surprise. It's a new dawn.

Let's be more sensitive to changes taking place in our football in this second decade of the 21st century with the dawn of another golden generation looming.

And on a final note, Nigeria still got quality players even today. Majority of them are just "youngsters" and still growing. That's the truth.

U mention Tony Kroos. Well, bc of his age i can agree he is still coming up . Excluding 2011 to 2015, So what happened to d other MVPs.
My brother my wish and urs are same dat majority of the 2013 & 2015 Eaglets makes it to d top.The thing is it a global trend. Let me give a little assignment. Go to wikipedia check d team lists of all the top 4 teams in d U17 WC, excluding 2011 to 2015; u can even go way back to China 85. Take a note of d number players and or % dat became full senior internationals.
Yes u can give a little room for change or a deviation from d normal. But i had in times past given dat room for change and a deviation from d normal bt we have been left dissapointed repeatedly.

The only crop among the past U17 that came close was the set that have been adjudged to b d best ever Eaglets which is d 1993 set that produced Nwankwo Kanu,Wilson Oruma, Celestine Babayaro, Mubi Oparaku and Karibe Ojigwe which is 5 out of an entire 23 man squad of which Kanu was d only 'world class' player and d other were jst average.

O u migt argue that we now produce players of d right age or close to d right age and this may change d trend. But, I will tell u dat the Europeans (only continent I can vouch for concerning nt cheating agewise) have nt been spared on this. I mean what happened to d boys dat won d U17 for France in 2001 & those dat won U17 for Switzerland in 2009?

I know u guys will always see me as a persimist. C, when it comes to certain issues that u know dat has always repeated itself, & more so when it is a global trend u jst have to go conservative with ur expectations.

Prio to d 2013 U20.I told peeps here dat Nigeria were nt favorites to win, o nothing wey person no hear. I mean, u cannot be a favorite to win a cup u have never won before! Lets nt even look at d setup of d team cos dat is another topic of discussion.We are looking at history mostly having a way of repeating itself.
Those dat followed the U17 thread knew how i said and stood firmly on it that Nigeria were favorires to win the 2015 U17 WC. I did nt even know most of d players i had nt even watched a full 90mins if their game, jst highlights. But bc history has a way of repeating itself at dat level: winner of 4 previous editions + 3 silver medals. Going into that final, up to d semis u and i plus d international pundits know dat Mali looked d stronger side. But bc Nigeria had won it on 4 previous ocassions d pundits tipped Nigeria to win again.

U are a scientist that I know and if an experiment is carried out 12 or 13 times and u get similar results all through what would u expect from d 14th experiment?

I know patritism is playing a major role in our expectations from the Manu and Amuneke boys plus d fact dat most peeps here have never really followed d development trend of our cadet teams or even those of other teams in d world with so much zeal and passion until 2013.
To those I will say welcome to d journey I started since 1985.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 6:35am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

U mention Tony Kroos. Well, bc of his age i can agree he is still coming up . Excluding 2011 to 2015, So what happened to d other MVPs.
My brother my wish and urs are same dat majority of the 2013 & 2015 Eaglets makes it to d top.The thing is it a global trend. Let me give a little assignment. Go to wikipedia check d team lists of all the top 4 teams in d U17 WC, excluding 2011 to 2015; u can even go way back to China 85. Take a note of d number players and or % dat became full senior internationals.
Yes u can give a little room for change or a deviation from d normal. But i had in times past given dat room for change and a deviation from d normal bt we have been left dissapointed repeatedly.

The only crop among the past U17 that came close was the set that have been adjudged to b d best ever Eaglets which is d 1993 set that produced Nwankwo Kanu,Wilson Oruma, Celestine Babayaro, Mubi Oparaku and Karibe Ojigwe which is 5 out of an entire 23 man squad of which Kanu was d only 'world class' player and d other were jst average.

O u migt argue that we now produce players of d right age or close to d right age and this may change d trend. But, I will tell u dat the Europeans (only continent I can vouch for concerning nt cheating agewise) have nt been spared on this. I mean what happened to d boys dat won d U17 for France in 2001 & those dat won U17 for Switzerland in 2009?

I know u guys will always see me as a persimist. C, when it comes to certain issues that u know dat has always repeated itself, & more so when it is a global trend u jst have to go conservative with ur expectations.

Prio to d 2013 U20.I told peeps here dat Nigeria were nt favorites to win, o nothing wey person no hear. I mean, u cannot be a favorite to win a cup u have never won before! Lets nt even look at d setup of d team cos dat is another topic of discussion.We are looking at history mostly having a way of repeating itself.
Those dat followed the U17 thread knew how i said and stood firmly on it that Nigeria were favorires to win the 2015 U17 WC. I did nt even know most of d players i had nt even watched a full 90mins if their game, jst highlights. But bc history has a way of repeating itself at dat level: winner of 4 previous editions + 3 silver medals. Going into that final, up to d semis u and i plus d international pundits know dat Mali looked d stronger side. But bc Nigeria had won it on 4 previous ocassions d pundits tipped Nigeria to win again.

U are a scientist that I know and if an experiment is carried out 12 or 13 times and u get similar results all through what would u expect from d 14th experiment?

I know patritism is playing a major role in our expectations from the Manu and Amuneke boys plus d fact dat most peeps here have never really followed d development trend of our cadet teams or even those of other teams in d world with so much zeal and passion until 2013.

I have followed the development of young players and I have seen many fail. The reason why good U17 teams fail is because of no continuity in the National teams. This is due to the coaches who raise them not getting promoted.

For instance, The promotion of Coach Manu Garba to the U20 led to the continuity of the 2013 set of players to feature in the U20 World Youth Championship. If it was another coach, many would not make it and people will say the team could not progress.

If Coach Manu Garba was the present Olympics Coach, most of the Dream team would have been the New Zealand boys. When once it was Coach Siasia, the continuity stopped. It is as simple as that.

Just like I opposed the reemployment of Coach Manu Garba. The current U17 champions will lose players because Coach Garba will bring in a lot of his players. I believe the difference would not be too much because Coach Amunike is part of the coaching crew.

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 7:28am On Nov 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

I have followed the development of young players and I have seen many fail. The reason why good U17 teams fail is because of no continuity in the National teams. This is due to the coaches who raise them not getting promoted.

For instance, The promotion of Coach Manu Garba to the U20 led to the continuity of the 2013 set of players to feature in the U20 World Youth Championship. If it was another coach, many would not make it and people will say the team could not progress.

If Coach Manu Garba was the present Olympics Coach, most of the Dream team would have been the New Zealand boys. When once it was Coach Siasia, the continuity stopped. It is as simple as that.

Just like I opposed the reemployment of Coach Manu Garba. The current U17 champions will lose players because Coach Garba will bring in a lot of his players. I believe the difference would not be too much because Coach Amunike is part of the coaching crew.

Yeah u are right Sir. Lack of continuity has always been a factor. But one thing abt football is players development is nt like an arithmetic progression. How? Player 'A' could nt make d U17 team lets say he was nt good enough, or was nt opportuned to make d screening or 4 whatever reason. Player 'B' makes d U17 team. 2 yrs later, player 'A' was invited to d U20 team alongside player 'B'. If both player same position and player 'A' hu missed out at d U17 was found to be better dan 'B' by d coaches. Will it b fair all in d name of continue to drop player 'A' even though he performed much better dan player 'B' in camp?

The thing is nt all U17 players progress well. And some players dat couldnt make d U17 show up in camp at U20 & performs better than d previous U17 boys.
Besides the U20 is 3yrs older dan d U17. If u field only players from d previous U17 what u'll have as U20 will b U19. So u have to also invite players hu would b 20yrs old for screening and this grp will definitely nt have been U17 2 yrs ago.
Now, our problem has always been how to manage that transition which was one of d problems with d 2015 U20.

Now, on d issue of progression into d Senior national team, if all d players dat graduate from d youth teams make it to d national team it means we will b having a new national team every 2yrs. Some players spend over 10yrs in d national team and with dat it would b difficult for junior players to break in particularly when d senior team has 'quality players'.
One thing,jst one thing dat may favour d the 2013 & 2015 U17 is d lack of real quality in d Super Eagles bt that doesnt still guarantee that most of the above mentioned cadet graduates will pin down regular jerssies in d Super Eagles. Progressing youth players to d senior cadre is nt as simple, arithmetic or automated as u guys think it is. Some of these boys might get senior team call up bt may nt live up to expectation and would b subsequently dropped.
Nt that i am nt wishing d boys well but one thing u must know is playing at d senipr level is a completely different ball game. Check round globally how many senior team players ever played d U17 WC. Check Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Italy and d likes and tell me.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah u are right Sir. Lack of continuity has always been a factor. But what thing abt football is players development is nt an arithmetic progression. How? Player 'A' could nt make d U17 team lets say he was nt good enough, or was nt opportuned to make d screening or 4 whatever reason. Player 'B' makes d U17 team. 2 yrs later, player 'A' was invited to d U20 team alongside player 'B' if both player same position and player 'A' hu missed out at d U17 was found to be better dan 'B' & d coaches. Will it fair all ind name of continue to drop player 'A' even though he performed much better dab player 'B' in camp?

The think is nt all U17 players progress well. And some players dat couldnt make d U17 show up on camp at U20 & performs better than d previous U17 boys.
Besides the U20 is 3yrs older dan d U17. If u field only players from d previous U17 what u'll have as U20 will b U19. So u have to also invite players hu would b 20yrs old for screening and this grp will definitely nt have been U17 2 yrs ago.
Now, our problem has always been how to manage that transition which was one of d problem with d 2015 U20.

Now, on d issue of progression into d Senior national team, if all d players dat htaduate from d youth teams make it to d national team it means we will b having a new national team every 2yrs. Some players spend over 10yrs in d national team and with dat it would b difficult for junior players to break in particularly when d senior team has 'quality players'.
One thing,jst one thing dat may favour d the 2013 & 2015 U17 is d lack of real quality in d Super Eagles bt that those nt still guarantee that most of the above mentioned cadet graduates will pin down regular jessies in d Super Eagles. Progressing youth players to d senior cadre is nt as simple or as arithmetic as u guys think it is.

The National team is a different case because at the end all talents of the country falls into this pool. However, the country does not win the U17 every two years. A winning team at this level needs continuity to promote a good team. At least, continuity to the Olympics.

I am one of the people who does not believe in age factor making a huge difference. Look at the Portuguese team that won the 1989 World Youth Championship. They were mostly between the ages of 17 to 19. That did not stop them from winning the trophy.

If we want to have our winning U17 teams promoted to the next level and see a transition of some of them into the National team, then we need to promote the coaches to keep their boys intact.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:52am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Yeah u are right Sir. Lack of continuity has always been a factor. But one thing abt football is players development is nt like an arithmetic progression. How? Player 'A' could nt make d U17 team lets say he was nt good enough, or was nt opportuned to make d screening or 4 whatever reason. Player 'B' makes d U17 team. 2 yrs later, player 'A' was invited to d U20 team alongside player 'B'. If both player same position and player 'A' hu missed out at d U17 was found to be better dan 'B' by d coaches. Will it b fair all in d name of continue to drop player 'A' even though he performed much better dan player 'B' in camp?

The thing is nt all U17 players progress well. And some players dat couldnt make d U17 show up in camp at U20 & performs better than d previous U17 boys.
Now, our problem has always been how to manage that transition which was one of d problems with d 2015 U20.

Now, on d issue of progression into d Senior national team, if all d players dat graduate from d youth teams make it to d national team it means we will b having a new national team every 2yrs. Some players spend over 10yrs in d national team and with dat it would b difficult for junior players to break in particularly when d senior team has 'quality players'.
One thing,jst one thing dat may favour d the 2013 & 2015 U17 is d lack of real quality in d Super Eagles bt that doesnt still guarantee that most of the above mentioned cadet graduates will pin down regular jerssies in d Super Eagles. Progressing youth players to d senior cadre is nt as simple, arithmetic or automated as u guys think it is. Some of these boys might get senior team call up bt may nt live up to expectation and would b subsequently dropped.
Nt that i am nt wishing d boys well but one thing u must know is playing at d senipr level is a completely different ball game. Check round globally how many senior team players ever played d U17 WC. Check Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Italy and d likes and tell me.

The thing is to check how many coaches get promoted. For instance, see Lopetegui of FC Porto who coached an age grade team of Spain. As soon as he got the Porto job, he signed one of his boys Oliver Torres on loan to Porto. Today the boy is wearing the 10 shirt of a club like Atletico Madrid.

If the Coaches do not excel, the players suffer. Look at Barcelona, the promotion of Guardiola led to the promotion of Pedro, Busquets, Jeffren, Cuenca, the return of Pique etc. Look at Enrique with Sergi Roberto and Rafinha.

I think the reason the U17 players fail is not because of the players losing form but the National Football Associations do not help in the promotion and development of the coaches.

Look at when Coach Siasia moved from the U20 to the Olympics. A lot of his boys made it to the Olympics team.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:59am On Nov 28, 2015
1). The other MVPs never came through. Including Anderson of Brazil from 2005 and Sani Emmanuel of Nigeria from 2009.

To be fair, 2011-2015 MVPs are still in "early growing stages". Thankfully, you agree.

Tony Kroos (MVP,2007) @ 25 may still be coming up but has achieved some similar success like Fabregas.

Tony has won the Fifa world cup and the UEFA champions league (though he was injured in Bayern's quarters win over Juventus) as a "key player". Statistically speaking, he was picked as Brazil 2014's best performing player by Castrol index, the Fifa-approved rankings/analyser of World cup players.

He also has 3 bundesliga titles to date. Now he's a Galactico. The 9th German to star for Real Madrid.

2). Thanks but truth is I've done that Assignment before. That's why I agree it's a general thing from the past. But the 1993 Nigerian squad was different from the rest between 1985-2009.

Like you said, 5 out of 18 players (NOT 5 out of 23) made it to become full internationals and were successful in a Nigerian jersey.

I could have have made it 6 out of 18, because of Emmanuel Babayaro BUT injury stopped him. He was well on his way to becoming a great shot-stopper. A member of the Olympic Class of 1996 from the Qualifiers to the tournament proper.

Also, Nwankwo Kanu was NOT the only world class player from the class of 1993. CELESTINE BABAYARO WAS EQUALLY WORLD CLASS. Is it because he was a defender?? Come on, every one knows Babayaro's performance index and ratings back in the days. He was a sure starter at the highest level of English and European football.

So, 5 out of 18 isn't a bad yield. And the 93 class defied history somewhat here with this return.

3). Yes, History has a way of mostly repeating itself. I'm a keen student of history but I'm not enslaved by it. I always cite History when making certain points because I love history of any kind but I don't allow it to dictate my primary thinking.

As always you're being a little too conservative again BUT CERTAINLY NOT TOO PESSIMISTIC IN THIS "PARTICULAR" CASE. *smiles*

I have my reservations too because of history but as a young scientist I've been taught to always "stay open minded" because sometimes History can blind one to the subtle changes that emerge as a break away from "THE NORMAL OR CONVENTIONAL".

This happened in the case of Peptic/gastric ulcer being described as a "chronic condition" that its human sufferers must live with for life. Their only solace were long-term ulcer drugs that served throughout their lives.

Gastroenterologists and some giants in the history of medicine had concluded that ULCER IS HERE TO STAY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS A CHRONIC CONDITION THAT STAYS WITH ITS SUFFERERERS/CARRIERS THROUGHOUT THEIR LIVES. The textbooks were full of this information. A research proven and carried out times and again throughout history.

But then a young doctor in Australia emerged in the late 80s and early 90s who specialised in Gastroenterology as a medical specialty. His name was BARRY MARSHALL and he discovered (alongside his pathologist friend, Robin Warren) that Ulcer can be cured with a 2-3 weeks dose of anti-biotics targeted at the cause of Peptic ulcers.

Before now, Medical history has recorded through countless experiments that Ulcer can't be cured and was caused by undue/chronic stress and other factors.

But Barry and his friend discovered that "HELICOBACTER PYLORI" is the main causative factor for Peptic ulcers (both gastric and duodenal ulcers). Even NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are indicted as ulcer-causing agents.

AND TODAY, DESPITE THE EXPERIMENTS OF THE PAST, PEPTIC ULCER HAS A CURE THANKS TO "OPEN MINDEDNESS" and refusal to be restricted to what the textbooks and "proven facts" of history said.

Barry and his friend got the Nobel prize in 2005 for their efforts. **smiles**

You asked a question...... What do I expect from the 14th experiment??
»»» Well, the above is your answer.

Also, Thomas alva edison and his workers experimented 999 times and got the same thing.... No light. (Up till this point.... THE FACT WAS LIGHTBULB WAS IMPOSSIBLE). But a "1000th" experiment revealed otherwise.

In science we follow laws and principles that we know have been proven to be true and consistent for all cases BUT there are instances where some facts can be checked and re-checked. We stay open-minded in science, medicine and biomedical research EVEN IF THE EXPERIMENTS WE CONDUCT WILL YIELD THE SAME RESULT AS BEFORE. But what if it doesn't??

4). This is certainly beyond patriotism on my part. I appreciate your angle of things because you remain the "OGA EXPERIENCE" in our midst. You began this journey "live" in 1985. I began mine "live" in 1999 as a 7+ year old. But I've conducted searches and researches about all the Fifa and Caf organised age-grade competitions (particularly U-17s and U-20s with respect to this case). I even spread my research dragnet to Conmebol, Uefa and Afc. *smiles*

But still, History does not always repeat itself. If it were so we wouldn't have conquered OUTSIDE ASIA this year. On 3 previous occasions, we "TRIED AND FAILED TO WIN OUTSIDE ASIA". We even lost here at home in the final in 2009.

We tried again for the 4th time, and GBAM!!!! We DELETED A PART OF HISTORY THAT ALWAYS STOOD UP TO US.
SIR, as respected, near-accurate and self-repeating as history is, IT CAN BE DAMNED AND IGNORED ALSO.

*smiles*

Icon4s:

2 Likes

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:32am On Nov 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

The thing is to check how many coaches get promoted. For instance, see Lopetegui of FC Porto who coached an age grade team of Spain. As soon as he got the Porto job, he signed one of his boys Oliver Torres on loan to Porto. Today the boy is wearing the 10 shirt of a club like Atletico Madrid.

If the Coaches do not excel, the players suffer. Look at Barcelona, the promotion of Guardiola led to the promotion of Pedro, Busquets, Jeffren, Cuenca, the return of Pique etc. Look at Enrique with Sergi Roberto and Rafinha.

I think the reason the U17 players fail is not because of the players losing form but the National Football Associations do not help in the promotion and development of the coaches.

Look at when Coach Siasia moved from the U20 to the Olympics. A lot of his boys made it to the Olympics team.

Yes Siasia moved a lot of his boys bt nt all his boys. Eg Chibuzor Okonkwo, Ebenezar Ajilore, Victor Aniche and some others were nt in d U20 of 2005. And remwember they were U20 in 2005 & U23 in 2008 (3yrs apart) which makes it a real U23 team. That to me is a perfecto graduation.Matured U23 players and nt parading 17,18,19 yrs olds as U23 which is no fault of d coaches bt due to d gap dat was created in 2011 when we failed at d U17 level.
If u do nt see parading underaged players as U23 as a challenge i do. And that remains one of my major worries abt the dream team VI even whrn Iheanacho, Success, Simon, Saviour and co show up.

And yes coaches move with 1 or 2 particular players as dey progress bt nt with d whole team.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:49am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Yes Siasia moved a lot of his boys bt nt all his boys. Eg Chibuzor Okonkwo, Ebenezar Ajilore, Victor Aniche and some others were nt in d U20 of 2005. And remwember they were U20 in 2005 & U23 in 2008 (3yrs apart) which makes it a real U23 team. That to me is a perfecto graduation.Matured U23 players and nt parading 17,18,19 yrs olds as U23 which is no fault of d coaches bt due to d gap dat was created in 2011 when we failed at d U17 level.(

And yes coaches move with 1 or 2 particular players as dey progress bt nt with d whole team.

As I said, the graduation is because of the promotion of Coach Siasia.

If we promote coaches, we will see more graduations of such magnitude.

Also, I do not believe in the age difference. In the Super Six, our U20 team made of boys of 18-19yrs squared of with pros of the Pro League and the Olympic boys and did well. It is a thing of coaching.

1 Like

Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 8:53am On Nov 28, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
1). The other MVPs never came through. Including Anderson of Brazil from 2005 and Sani Emmanuel of Nigeria from 2009.

To be fair, 2011-2015 MVPs are still in "early growing stages". Thankfully, you agree.

Tony Kroos (MVP,2007) @ 25 may still be coming up but has achieved some similar success like Fabregas.

Tony has won the Fifa world cup and the UEFA champions league (though he was injured in Bayern's quarters win over Juventus) as a "key player". Statistically speaking, he was picked as Brazil 2014's best performing player by Castrol index, the Fifa-approved rankings/analyser of World cup players.

He also has 3 bundesliga titles to date. Now he's a Galactico. The 9th German to star for Real Madrid.

2). Thanks but truth is I've done that Assignment before. That's why I agree it's a general thing from the past. But the 1993 Nigerian squad was different from the rest between 1985-2009.

Like you said, 5 out of 18 players (NOT 5 out of 23) made it to become full internationals and were successful in a Nigerian jersey.

I could have have made it 6 out of 18, because of Emmanuel Babayaro BUT injury stopped him. He was well on his way to becoming a great shot-stopper. A member of the Olympic Class of 1996 from the Qualifiers to the tournament proper.

Also, Nwankwo Kanu was NOT the only world class player from the class of 1993. CELESTINE BABAYARO WAS EQUALLY WORLD CLASS. Is it because he was a defender?? Come on, every one knows Babayaro's performance index and ratings back in the days. He was a sure starter at the highest level of English and European football.

So, 5 out of 18 isn't a bad yield. And the 93 class defied history somewhat here with this return.

3). Yes, History has a way of mostly repeating itself. I'm a keen student of history but I'm not enslaved by it. I always cite History when making certain points because I love history of any kind but I don't allow it to dictate my primary thinking.

As always you're being a little too conservative again BUT CERTAINLY NOT TOO PESSIMISTIC IN THIS "PARTICULAR" CASE. *smiles*

I have my reservations too because of history but as a young scientist I've been taught to always "stay open minded" because sometimes History can blind one to the subtle changes that emerge as a break away from "THE NORMAL OR CONVENTIONAL".

This happened in the case of Peptic/gastric ulcer being described as a "chronic condition" that its human sufferers must live with for life. Their only solace were long-term ulcer drugs that served throughout their lives.

Gastroenterologists and some giants in the history of medicine had concluded that ULCER IS HERE TO STAY AND SHOULD BE TREATED AS A CHRONIC CONDITION THAT STAYS WITH ITS SUFFERERERS/CARRIERS THROUGHOUT THEIR LIVES. The textbooks were full of this information. A research proven and carried out times and again throughout history.

But then a young doctor in Australia emerged in the late 80s and early 90s who specialised in Gastroenterology as a medical specialty. His name was BARRY MARSHALL and he discovered (alongside his pathologist friend, Robin Warren) that Ulcer can be cured with a 2-3 weeks dose of anti-biotics targeted at the cause of Peptic ulcers.

Before now, Medical history has recorded through countless experiments that Ulcer can't be cured and was caused by undue/chronic stress and other factors.

But Barry and his friend discovered that "HELICOBACTER PYLORI" is the main causative factor for Peptic ulcers (both gastric and duodenal ulcers). Even NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) are indicted as ulcer-causing agents.

AND TODAY, DESPITE THE EXPERIMENTS OF THE PAST, PEPTIC ULCER HAS A CURE THANKS TO "OPEN MINDEDNESS" and refusal to be restricted to what the textbooks and "proven facts" of history said.

Barry and his friend got the Nobel prize in 2005 for their efforts. **smiles**

You asked a question...... What do I expect from the 14th experiment??
»»» Well, the above is your answer.

Also, Thomas alva edison and his workers experimented 999 times and got the same thing.... No light. (Up till this point.... THE FACT WAS LIGHTBULB WAS IMPOSSIBLE). But a "1000th" experiment revealed otherwise.

In science we follow laws and principles that we know have been proven to be true and consistent for all cases BUT there are instances where some facts can be checked and re-checked. We stay open-minded in science, medicine and biomedical research EVEN IF THE EXPERIMENTS WE CONDUCT WILL YIELD THE SAME RESULT AS BEFORE. But what if it doesn't??

4). This is certainly beyond patriotism on my part. I appreciate your angle of things because you remain the "OGA EXPERIENCE" in our midst. You began this journey "live" in 1985. I began mine "live" in 1999 as a 7+ year old. But I've conducted searches and researches about all the Fifa and Caf organised age-grade competitions (particularly U-17s and U-20s with respect to this case). I even spread my research dragnet to Conmebol, Uefa and Afc. *smiles*

But still, History does not always repeat itself. If it were so we wouldn't have conquered OUTSIDE ASIA this year. On 3 previous occasions, we "TRIED AND FAILED TO WIN OUTSIDE ASIA". We even lost here at home in the final in 2009.

We tried again for the 4th time, and GBAM!!!! We DELETED A PART OF HISTORY THAT ALWAYS STOOD UP TO US.
SIR, as respected, near-accurate and self-repeating as history is, IT CAN BE DAMNED AND IGNORED ALSO.

*smiles*

Bros, I share ur philosophy of nt letting History stand as a barier to ur next success. There is a difference btw when u are in control of the next possible outcome of event and when d next possible outcome is still in d hands of those that have been mostly reaponsible for the past negative outcomes.

The question is has anything changed in d manner and ways football is administered in this country.? U run an experiment 99 times with same reagants and get same result and u want to run d 100th experiment with same elements, compounds and reagants and u are 100% certain d result will b different? That result my brother will be MOST LIKELY the same even if u vary little d concentrations of the components involved in d experiment. It is nt even a Nigerian thing. It is same all over d world dat most of d graguates of the U17s dnt progress to d senior team. Look at d 1993 we are making reference to as being d highest progression: 5 out of 18 is jst abt 27% which means dat MOST of that super class still did nt make it to d Super Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:03am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

Bros, I share ur philosophy of nt letting History stand as a barier to ur next success. There is a difference btw when u are in control of the next possible outcome of event and when d next possible outcome is still in d hands of those that have been mostly reaponsible for the past negative outcomes.

The question is has anything changed in d manner and ways football is administered in this country.? U run an experiment 99 times with same reagants and get same result and u want to run d 100th experiment with same elements, compounds and reagants and u are 100% certain d result will b different? That result my brother will be MOST LIKELY the same even if u vary little d concentrations of the components involved in d experiment. It is nt even a Nigerian thing. It is same all over d world dat most of d graguates of the U17s dnt progress to d senior team. Look at d 1993 we are making reference to as being d highest progression: 5 out of 18 is jst abt 27% which means dat MOST of that super class still did nt make it to d Super Eagles.

If Coach Fani Amun who was a brilliant man was nurtured to become the Coach Of Atlanta 96, more of those boys would have made it to the Super Eagles. That is just the point. If we use and dump coaches, we are just dropping a pool of talented boys.

I have no doubt that our 93 U17 triumphing team would have excelled in the 1995 U20 if we maintained the team. It is time we develop a team maintenance culture by grooming coaches thst performed well.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2015
And 1993 was how many years ago?? Please, 2013 marked a new era. The Nff U-13 and U-15 programs yielded great fruit.

And more changes are bound to occur with time. The Nff still have flaws but the foundations laid by Maigari as regards age-grade football are gradually being built upon by Pinnick and co (Except they-Pinnick and the his team- woefully falter). So changes are bound to occur many years on from 1993.

And yes!!!! Under varying degrees of different factors like Temperature, pressure and Volume....... The same reagents can yield different results experimentally.

So that "14th experiment" may still turn out different after all.

You wanna see more than 50% of our talents graduate from the U-17s to the Super Eagles? Then let the Nff apply my "rotation policy" for Manu Garba and Emmanuel Amunike.

***smiles***

Icon4s:

The question is had anything changed in d manner and ways football is administered in this country.? U run an experiment 99 times which same reagants and get same result and u want to run d 100th experiment with same elements, compounds and reagants and u are 100% certain d result will b different? What result my brother will ne MOST LIKELY the same even if i vary little d voncentrations of the components involved in d experiment. It is nt even a Nigerian thing. It is same all over d world dat most of d graguates of the U17s dnt progress to d senior team. Look at d 1993 we are making reference to as being d highest progression: 5 out of 18 is jst abt 27% which means dat MOST of that super class still did nt make it to d Super Eagles.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by Icon4s(m): 9:05am On Nov 28, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

As I said, the graduation is because of the promotion of Coach Siasia.

If we promote coaches, we will see more graduations of such magnitude.

Also, I do not believe in the age difference. In the Super Six, our U20 team made of boys of 18-19yrs squared of with pros of the Pro League and the Olympic boys and did well. It is a thing of coaching.

The super 6 that was a preseason series for d NPFL players hu jst came back from holidaying while it was a selection series for d Flying Eagles hu need to impress d coaches.And mind u it was d assistant coach and U23 team B dat played dat super 6. And yes, age counts alot in age grade competitions else FIFA should have allowed 23yrs olds to play with U17s.
Re: All The News About The Olympic Eagles (U-23) HERE! by TheGoodJoe(m): 9:16am On Nov 28, 2015
Icon4s:

The super 6 that was a preseason series for d NPFL players hu jst came back from holidaying while it was a selection series for d Flying Eagles hu need to impress d coaches.And mind u it was d assistant coach and U23 team B dat played dat super 6. And yes, age counts alot in age grade competitions else FIFA should have allowed 23yrs olds to play with U17s.

The excuse is just returning from Holiday. The truth is that a far younger team spanked them so much, people asked for a review of the development of players in the league.

What of the U23 team they beat and drew with. Were they on holidays too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (341) (Reply)

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread / The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 212
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.