Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,773 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:30 AM

Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? (4205 Views)

Your Wife Slaps Your Mum Or Your Mum Slaps Your Wife Your Reaction / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility? / Letter From A Hurting Wife - Your Views Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Yeske2(m): 7:35pm On Oct 16, 2014
For married guys out there, i really want to know how you felt telling her the kind of egusi or beans combo with yam etc you love and telling her how you wanted it but she never did get it right till you took her to the kitchen yourself.
There was this way I've always loved my vegetable sauce but she thought i meant tomato sauce and veg till i took her into the kitchen two sundays ago and taught her it's pumpkin leaves(ugwu) with little or no tomato sef and how long to simmer the stuff. Her face just change when a friend who came visiting and ate told her she cooks well.
Guys, your experiences

2 Likes

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Stillfire: 7:50pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hehehe, Naija men dey enjoy o. Na wa o. grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Tallesty1(m): 8:25pm On Oct 16, 2014
It depends on how you did it.

Thou some people will still read meaning into it

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
This is a good topic. I'm not Nigerian, but recently married one. He doesn't stray far from Nigerian dishes, tbh I find that incredibly boring, but I respect his preferences. He's quite particular about his meals, so I've learnt, from him, how to make them fairly well. It was tense at first, but it became hilarious when he (over)reacted to me pouring in too much curry powder, or skimming the fat off the beef, or when the onions weren't chopped small enough. He doesn't give me peace in the kitchen now grin.

I make separate meals for myself as I prefer meat and veg, and he prefers carbs and sauce. We both work full time, so he does cook if I get home later than him, and there is no shame in that (except he overcooks my meat and veg but I don't care for mistakes as much as u men seem to...).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Kunbee: 12:03am On Oct 17, 2014
*subscribing*

People can't be satisfied sha

Does the cooking method matter or the fact that it tastes soooo good?
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Yeske2(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2014
Kunbee:
*subscribing*

People can't be satisfied sha

Does the cooking method matter or the fact that it tastes soooo good?
My dear, method matters to me o, you know tomato stew tastes different depending on the ratio of the tatashe, rodo, tomato and the rest.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by prettiest1(f): 4:24pm On Oct 17, 2014
Where are the men na? I wouldn't have any problem as long as the man know how to handle it and not to be shouting on me.
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Yeske2(m): 5:28pm On Oct 17, 2014
^^^^
I didn't shout but the surprise on her face after my friend thanked her for the delicious meal was like ........I don't know. I hear am for bed for 6 days.
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Kunbee: 10:50pm On Oct 17, 2014
Yeske2:
My dear, method matters to me o, you know tomato stew tastes different depending on the ratio of the tatashe, rodo, tomato and the rest.

True
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:55am On Oct 18, 2014
Flytefalls:
This is a good topic. I'm not Nigerian, but recently married one. He doesn't stray far from Nigerian dishes, tbh I find that incredibly boring, but I respect his preferences. He's quite particular about his meals, so I've learnt, from him, how to make them fairly well. It was tense at first, but it became hilarious when he (over)reacted to me pouring in too much curry powder, or skimming the fat off the beef, or when the onions weren't chopped small enough. He doesn't give me peace in the kitchen now grin.

I make separate meals for myself as I prefer meat and veg, and he prefers carbs and sauce. We both work full time, so he does cook if I get home later than him, and there is no shame in that (except he overcooks my meat and veg but I don't care for mistakes as much as u men seem to...).
sorry is it 190 undecided smiley

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by SirAweezy(m): 11:00am On Oct 18, 2014
Intresting...my own prefrence happens to be the way I should be served, and there is a perticular soup I love, yoruba's call it "imoyo" it fll of pepper mixed with red oil and fresh fish and other sauces.
My wife didn't understand so manythings at first, until my yonger sis came to spend to sometime with us, she saw the way I liked my table (feast things lol) stimmed veg in a seprate bowl, goat meat separately, and my fish soup separately she watched in awe as the whole thing was going(with my fresh juice) lol, eversince she has understood more about my stomach and taste..(This mostly happened during dinner though)

Inconclsion, I love mi some "eba" grin
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bootybuttchic:
Haha! No, he was stolen from me by another jamo angry

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:44pm On Oct 18, 2014
Flytefalls:
grin .....oh sorry......its all gud nahun....since u have ur sweetie smiley ,and as long as ur happy no qualms smiley

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 18, 2014
Bootybuttchic:
grin .....oh sorry......its all gud nahun....since u have ur sweetie smiley ,and as long as ur happy no qualms smiley

Nah, no qualms, I'm all good wink.

Hey 190, you still on here? grin

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 10:30am On Oct 19, 2014
Flytefalls:
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 10:33am On Oct 19, 2014
Bootybuttchic:

and what if it was 190 who stole her tongue
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 10:34am On Oct 19, 2014
Flytefalls:

Nah, no qualms, I'm all good wink.

Hey 190, you still on here? grin

Yeah im still very much on here but on invisible mode
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Favourcharles23(f): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2014
I'm not married yet... But my husband will teach me well with love
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2014
190:

and what if it was 190 who stole her tongue
nothing.....would just be glad to know tongue ....cos i perceived u just got married too...... wink
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 6:52pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bootybuttchic:
nothing.....would just be glad to know tongue ....cos i perceived u just got married too...... wink

shocked shocked

from where and from who shocked
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Kunbee:

True

which kunbee is this

the yeye one i know or theres a new one undecided
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by ideology(m): 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2014
Flytefalls:

Wow, am in love with your post.

Your maturity, wisdom and understanding in addressing the issue is marvelous . Kudos dear. God bless your home

To the op,
As a man, don't over do, why not tell her your preferences as a suggestion, rather than making it too obvious.

Better still help out in the kitchen, you could carefully help get the taste you prefer

Cooking basically is about timing, any ingredients not added at the right time can alter the taste of the meal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2014
190:

shocked shocked

from where and from who shocked
whats shocking u....aint u the one who was enquiring about marriage at a time,and u were asked,and u were winking i guesss,u have dropped some hints one way or d other.....and flyte has also confirmed it wink .....u finally dint end up with a nigerian girl at the end,got it just like u wanted wink
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 11:35pm On Oct 19, 2014
Bootybuttchic:
whats shocking u....aint u the one who was enquiring about marriage at a time,and u were asked,and u were winking i guesss,u have dropped some hints one way or d other.....and flyte has also confirmed it wink .....u finally dint end up with a nigerian girl at the end,got it just like u wanted wink
angry angry

im searchin n single too angry
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Nobody: 1:10am On Oct 20, 2014
ideology:

Wow, am in love with your post.

Your maturity, wisdom and understanding in addressing the issue is marvelous . Kudos dear. God bless your home

Thank you, sir smiley. I also agree with your suggestions.

1 Like

Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by veave(f): 11:03am On Oct 20, 2014
190:
grin grin grin

I miss you
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 12:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
190:
angry angry

im searchin n single too angry
lying ass....go and sempe jor....u and ur jamo till death...,. wink .
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by 190: 1:11pm On Oct 20, 2014
veave:

I miss you

shocked shocked shocked

awww i miss you too but no offence who ar u again, im tryna recollect is this a NEW ID or smtin embarassed

Bootybuttchic:
lying ass....go and sempe jor....u and ur jamo till death...,. wink .

angry

Its u and i till death u hear angry
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by veave(f): 5:57pm On Oct 20, 2014
190:

shocked shocked shocked

awww i miss you too but no offence who ar u again, im tryna recollect is this a NEW ID or smtin embarassed

angry

it's nothing personal honey... U've been MIA for some time now that's all...
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Kunbee: 9:53pm On Oct 20, 2014
190:

which kunbee is this

the yeye one i know or theres a new one undecided

Mschew, I go always pray for you
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:09pm On Oct 21, 2014
See your mouth undecided tongue

Happy resumption smiley
Bootybuttchic:
Re: Teaching Your Wife Your Taste, How Do You Guys Feel? by Bootybuttchic(f): 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2014
190:

shocked shocked shocked

angry

Lmfaoooooo......its u and ur jamoooo........... no asunder! grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Man Out There Who Would Forgive A Wife That Commits Adultry? / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. / Is There A Reason Why Majority Of Hiv Positive Married Women Have Hiv Negative Husbands?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.