Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS (57541 Views)

75 Plots For Sale With C Of O In Ibadan For 350k Per Plot. (full Pictures) / Before & After: Renovation/Remodelling Jobs Full Of Surprises / Need To Drill Quality Boreholes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by desiji: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2015
What about this scenerio : A Four Bedroom Bungalow with the following accessories :
2 Airconditions
2 TVs
5 fans
1 deep freezer
1 Fridge
please the total hours minimum of 12hrs
How much is it going to cost to realize this and please send the broschure to :- ade_shiji@yahoo.de
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
desiji:
What about this scenerio : A Four Bedroom Bungalow with the following accessories :
2 Airconditions
2 TVs
5 fans
1 deep freezer
1 Fridge
How much is it going to cost to realize this and please send the broschure to :- ade_shiji@yahoo.de
Pls what is the HP(horse power) of the Air-conditioners

Will send detailed breakdown to your mail.

Thank you
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 12:31pm On Jun 12, 2015
20% discount on all our solar power options. If you already have our brochure then you can calculate what it will cost to power your home.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 12:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
starting With N480,000 you can now power a 3bedroom flat bungalow or even more.

What can it power?
*Your pressing iron
*your deep freezer
*2 tv sets
*all your phone charging
*10-15 light points
*washing machine
Etc
Get free electricity from the sun everyday
(Note this basic option is only for those who need the system from evening till morning not day time use)

SOLAR POWER
Those who know the cost of solar energy know this is a great offer. This offer is temporary for promotional purpose. So hurry while offer lasts

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by NL1960: 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2015
geesampower:
starting With N480,000 you can now power a 3bedroom flat bungalow or even more.

What can it power?
*Your pressing iron
*your deep freezer
*2 tv sets
*all your phone charging
*10-15 light points
*washing machine
Etc
Get free electricity from the sun everyday
(Note this basic option is only for those who need the system from evening till morning not day time use)

SOLAR POWER
Those who know the cost of solar energy know this is a great offer. This offer is temporary for promotional purpose. So hurry while offer lasts

During the raining season as we are currently where there might not be sun light on a particular day, how will the batteries being charged by sun light?.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 6:28pm On Jun 12, 2015
NL1960:

During the raining season as we are currently where there might not be sun light on a particular day, how will the batteries being charged by sun light?.

That is a good question.
1. Solar panels work even in bad weather. How bad the weather is will determine how low the convention will be.
2. From experience, raining season does not mean off season. You will enjoy good sunlight 90% of the days in the raining season.
3. Use ur system systematically when the weather is not good especiaLly when it is raining.
What do I mean? Don't use it during the day at all to max the charging you can get. So when you put it on by evening u have a good charge to use.
4. Over size your system (autonomy). So you produce and store more than u need. This way you don't have much worries.

5.If you really love renewable energy and 24hrs power and money is not a problem. Then an hybrid will serve you. E.g solar+wind. Solar+biogas etc.

Thanks for the good question.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by babalose: 6:39pm On Jun 12, 2015
To power a 5 bedroom duplex with 4 Ac (1.5hp each) , fridge freezer, 4 tv , with 15 light bulbs, washing machine. Combining solar and wind..what will be my cost? More like a 13.5kva
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 6:42pm On Jun 12, 2015
babalose:
To power a 5 bedroom duplex with 4 Ac (1.5hp each) , fridge freezer, 4 tv , with 15 light bulbs, washing machine. Combining solar and wind..what will be my cost? More like a 13.5kva
Will post quote right here tonight. Can't type much were I am now. Thank you sir.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by babalose: 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2015
I will await your response. I will like to combine wind and solar so I can be off grid. My place is less than 100m from the Atlantic so wind is a viable alternative.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
desiji:
2 Airconditions
2 TVs
5 fans
1 deep freezer
1 Fridge
Sent sir. Remove the ACs and you can cut the high cost a great deal. An airconditioner consumes about 1200wHr in an hour that is the equivalent of about 200Ah battery (not good inverters only drain the battery by half it's rated capacity) so u need about 12 batteries to run an ac of 1200w for 12 hrs batteries alone will end up costing over a million naira.
Without ac with N925,000 you can enjoy abt 18hrs of electricity and with apprxmatly 700,000 have all the above powered for 12hours (no ac) with less than 500,000 you can power 1TV, deep freezer, 3 fans, lighting and other petty electronics.
Sent the break down to your mail sir.

Thank you
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2015
babalose:
THE LOAD
AC (1.5hp) each 1800Watts X 4= 7,200Watts
Fridge (approx)=200W
Freezer(approx)=300W
TV 42inch(approx) each 200w (max) X4= 800W
Light bulb (energy saving) 26W X15 = 390w
Washing machine (What size :/ ) Let's assume it is not more than 3cubic feet spinner= 400W (minimum)
TOTAL= 9, 290W X 1.5 (power factor)
= 13,900 Va
=13.9Kva

DURATION
Everything can't be on at once so we use 12hrs for calculation. Though this will be practically 24hrs even days depending on how much is loaded per time.
9,290W X12Hr = 111,480 WHr
111.5KwHr

Solar/Wind hybrid
Solar takes 40% and wind 60% of power generation
(I am giving wind power 60% because of the windy location and to save space solar panels will occupy)

Solar takes 44.6kwHr generation
In 10hours 4.6kw panels will do the job
So... We need just 4.6kw panels

Wind takes 66.9kw
In24hrs of wind that means we need just 2.8kw of wind turbine

We need a storage of
About 60% capacity (would have been 100% but the wind turbines helps save cost on batteries as they work almost round the clock)
So we need a battery bank of 66.9kwh

If we are using 200ah batteries (which we won't better to use 400ah batteries at 6v)
We only need 28 batteries

TOTAL cost of this setup batteries wind turbines, poles and concrete casting, solar panels safety features, installation, inverter, controLlers and all will
cost N 8,992,307.7

Thank you

I had to do all the break down because any one from anywhere in the world cld stumble on this thread and I want them to understand what we are talking about.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 7:51am On Jun 13, 2015
Our power your home with N480,000 solar power promo is still on.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Boss13: 12:01pm On Jun 13, 2015
Thank you for being honest with the break down. You also need to be honest with the 480k promotion and explain what it entails before someone dives in and get miserable.

I know 480k cannot guarantee you 24 or even 18hours power supply from the sun.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 12:29pm On Jun 13, 2015
Boss13:
Thank you for being honest with the break down. You also need to be honest with the 480k promotion and explain what it entails before someone dives in and get miserable.

I know 480k cannot guarantee you 24 or even 18hours power supply from the sun.
I have put it straight. Anyone who is not satisfied shld come and complain here on nairaland. Thanks sir.

With even less than 480,000 you can have 24hrs electricity. Question is what do you load on the system. The argument is not the duration. Even if you spend 500million it is no guarantee for 24hrs electricity. You have to factor what is being powered to determine duration of use.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2015
Here cool
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2015
What a day
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 12:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
Beautiful sunday
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 2:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
4 you
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by dagbo: 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
I already add ur bbm please accept I have somethings to ask you there Thanks Name: work2hard on bbm
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
dagbo:
I already add ur bbm please accept I have somethings to ask you there
Thanks
Name: work2hard on bbm
I appreciate your call sir.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Ochugboju(m): 9:23pm On Jun 23, 2015
Please I need technical advice on the use of solar panels. I have a 7 kva Inverter 96 volts, I use 8 200 Ah batteries and I want to add solar panels to effectively charge the batteries in the day time while I at the same run the inverter and use my air conditioners with it. What capacity of solar panel will be required and how many of them would be needed? Also I know I'll be needing two charge controllers of48 volts each to get 96 volts. What capacity would be suitable in each case? Thanks.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:54pm On Jun 24, 2015
Ochugboju:
Please I need technical advice on the use of solar panels. I have a 7 kva Inverter 96 volts, I use 8 200 Ah batteries and I want to add solar panels to effectively charge the batteries in the day time while I at the same run the inverter and use my air conditioners with it. What capacity of solar panel will be required and how many of them would be needed? Also I know I'll be needing two charge controllers of48 volts each to get 96 volts. What capacity would be suitable in each case? Thanks.
At bolded, pls don't ry that sir u will get a big bang and melted plastic in place of charge controllers.

Connecting 2 or more controllers together is called stacking and you shld only stack in parallel not series.

You can get a 96v charge controller so why stack.

For the airconditioners, what are their electrical ratings? Then we can move forward from ther
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by jules123(m): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2015
Nice write up and good information. Please, I'll need your cost and advice on an hotel with 11 rooms plus bar and restaurant. This might be just for lights, fans, tv sets, two deep medium sizes freezers and a pumping machine. Pls, kindly send details to julescommunications@gmail.com. Thanks.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2015
jules123:
Nice write up and good information. Please, I'll need your cost and advice on an hotel with 11 rooms plus bar and restaurant. This might be just for lights, fans, tv sets, two deep medium sizes freezers and a pumping machine. Pls, kindly send details to julescommunications@gmail.com. Thanks.
Thanks for the inquiry, looking forward to serving you
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:44pm On Jul 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
CONVERTING CONVENTIONAL BOREHOLE TO SOLAR project details coming soon.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 11:09am On Jul 16, 2015
Fantastic new threads are loading smiley
Stay tuned.
For those still skeptical, hmmm... U go tey o! cheesy
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2015
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:20pm On Jul 18, 2015
Geesam is working and moving forward. Join the train! smiley

God bless all my clients. You are all great!

Yes I am not perfect, but one thing I try to do is to be perfect. We are just getting started, threads loading...
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by 19naia(m): 3:24am On Jul 19, 2015
DRealGeesam:

IF you are talking about producing electricity for commercial purpose eg electricity for a whole state or country, then nuclear, hydro, wave, wind are all cheaper than solar and are more practical. BUT if you are talking about an individual producing electricity for himself, Hydro and nuclear are not economical or practical. You keep talking of battery. Is cost of fuel in 3 years more economical than battery with lifespan of 3 years? Let us be pratical, as far as producing electricity at the home level is concerned ONLY wind energy is cheaper and more practical than solar energy. I am not even through talking about solar panels, inverters and charge controllers, so wait till i get to batteries. I have not used a generator for the past 2 years of my life.
Do you know that as good as electricity is in the US yet solar power is thriving. These are people who can see in the long term. You are only looking at the initial cost. Do you know that even a barber with tiger generator will have to spend at least 1000 naira a day to have electricity for 12 hours, in 3years he would have N864,000. How? He would have worked 6 days in a week that is 6000 naira in a year that is N288,000 and in 3 years that is N864,000.
Half of that money will give his barbing saloon 18hrs of electricity everyday for 25 years, the only thing he will change every 3 years is his batteries which is will be a recurrent N150,000. Meaning instead of spending 288000 a year on just fueling generators, now he is only spending 50,000.

Guess what sir, IF he strictly follows best battery management practices which i will be revealing, he can use his batteries for at least 5 years (please consult google if u dont believe me on anything and take info from reliable sites such as backwoodssolar.com and the likes). Original AgM gel deep cycle batteries last as long as 10 years even with everyday use.
I will tell u y many dont enjoy their batteries when i get to that topic.

So my point remains, Solar is extremely cheap compared to generator. And as i have even said earlier MANY are spending good money in developed countries to add solar to their home supply even though they have 24 hrs of electricity, cos it is helping them cut the cost of electricity.

On this thread i tell people as it is no lies no pretending. Many have called me and when i tell them what is involved they say someone said it is cheaper somewhere i smile and advice them and let them be. Truth is solar is cheap when you can look at your economic benefits over the years and not just the initial cost as i said, spending 150,000 on batteries in 3 years and spending 864,000 on petrol in 3 years which is cheaper?

There are batteries that will last at least five years and those batteries, i have used up to 8 years before the efficiency was not able to keep up with basic needs. Trojan brand is good. The Gel lead acid last very long also but need more caution or special charge controllers to keep with the gel cell charging parameters.
3 year battery is maybe a very poor quality battery if not the cheapest option. There is no reason to not have a bttery for at least 5 years and it is worth paying the extra for top brands with proven track record. Mine were still holding a minimal usable charge after Ten years and lots of abuse such as overcharging and short circuit from erroneous parallel linking of some batteries in the storage bank. I had the T-105 trojans.

But yes you are so right about the long term cost efficiency of Solar over genrator fuel alone, not to mention the cost of the generator and service to the machine. Some generators are no good any more after three years also.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2015
19naia:

There are batteries that will last at least five years and those batteries, i have used up to 8 years before the efficiency was not able to keep up with basic needs. Trojan brand is good. The Gel lead acid last very long also but need more caution or special charge controllers to keep with the gel cell charging parameters.
3 year battery is maybe a very poor quality battery if not the cheapest option. There is no reason to not have a bttery for at least 5 years and it is worth paying the extra for top brands with proven track record. Mine were still holding a minimal usable charge after Ten years and lots of abuse such as overcharging and short circuit from erroneous parallel linking of some batteries in the storage bank. I had the T-105 trojans.

But yes you are so right about the long term cost efficiency of Solar over generator fuel alone, not to mention the cost of the generator and service to the machine. Some generators are no good any more after three years also.
My brother I know. I have to use the worst case scenery to explain. Even if u are using the average luminous and co batteries that are common in the market, it still cheaper than using generator everyday.
Thanks for your input jare.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by peaceland(m): 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2015
geesampower:

My brother I know. I have to use the worst case scenery to explain. Even if u are using the average luminous and co batteries that are common in the market, it still cheaper than using generator everyday.
Thanks for your input jare.
good day sir. been trying to reach you. please send me your phone number. thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K / Somebody's Living Room Flooded In Lekki After The Rain (Photo) / Construction Of 4 Bedroom Duplex In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.