Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,085 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS - Properties (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS (57405 Views)

75 Plots For Sale With C Of O In Ibadan For 350k Per Plot. (full Pictures) / Before & After: Renovation/Remodelling Jobs Full Of Surprises / Need To Drill Quality Boreholes! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Enosa1(m): 8:34am On Dec 01, 2014
Thanks again for your suggestions and recommendations last time(concerning the inverter charging circuit that got damaged). I've not been too active for sometimes, but back now. keep up the good work.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DanielUnilag: 4:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
Geek007:
Thanks for the Post. I have a question on the Solar power stuffs. Whats the rough estimate if i want to have a 5kva solar powered inverter installed in a bungalow.can this be connected to an inverter to use grid/solar/gen ?

Now guys, this info is very important.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:07am On Dec 22, 2014
DanielUnilag:

Now guys, this info is very important.
Hello daniel, i'm sorry i've not updated this thread in a while. Let me now answer his question
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:11am On Dec 22, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Cost does not depend on just the capacity, it also depends on the duration.

A quality solar power system of 5kva that will work for 18hours a day will cost about 800,000 approximately
(It will work for 24hrs if you dont use it at full load for long)
This is a rough estimate for the solar panels, grid-tied inverter, charge controller and batteries.

If u need more clarification please ask
Hello daniel, this is the answer i gave to his question. Let me know if there is any other thing you want to know.
@danielunilag
Note: the cost quoted is basically for getting the solar panels controllers... Not installation. And price varies depending on market forces. Thanks
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2015
Been a while smiley
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 9:43am On Jan 16, 2015
DRealGeesam:
Greetings to my ogas in the house, especially Alhaji Mufutau55, more grace to you sir.

Some months ago i created this thread. www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

The thread was a BIG success!!! cheesy

I offered free consultancy to many and even till today i am in correspondence with many nairalanders especially contractors in this field.

Please feel free to ask me ANY question that has to do with the subject matter, if i dont know the answer, be sure that i will consult experts on your behalf.

Also note that my company has no vacancy for now (we have a full crew already), so please job seekers shld exercise patience, when we have vacancy, i will let you know wink.

You want to visit our office then,
Block A

As far as Nigeria is concerned, we can always give you very reliable information on drilling and solar and calls)

I have done most of the talking on the other thread here www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

This thread will serve to establish business relationships with those in this section and sharing of ideas.

Remember feel free to ask me questions and benefit from the wealth of my knowledge especially in regards to solar power and borehole drilling.

Thank you.
Yh
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:42pm On Feb 26, 2015
...Be back soon...
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 10:41pm On Feb 27, 2015
DRealGeesam:
Greetings to my ogas in the house, especially Alhaji Mufutau55, more grace to you sir.

Some months ago i created this thread. www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

The thread was a BIG success!!! cheesy

I offered free consultancy to many and even till today i am in correspondence with many nairalanders especially contractors in this field.

Please feel free to ask me ANY question that has to do with the subject matter, if i dont know the answer, be sure that i will consult experts on your behalf.

Also note that my company has no vacancy for now (we have a full crew already), so please job seekers shld exercise patience, when we have vacancy, i will let you know wink.

You want to visit our office then,
Block A suit 1 sky memorial Complex Wuse 7one 5, Abuja is you destination.
Contact is Engineer Tunde Wahab.

As far as Nigeria is concerned, we can always give you very reliable information on drilling and solar power.

Contact Me directly on

olagokemuyiwa@yahoo.com

08064837161 (wattsapp, sms and calls)

I have done most of the talking on the other thread here www.nairaland.com/1793602/solar-powered-borehole-full-construction

This thread will serve to establish business relationships with those in this section and sharing of ideas.

Remember feel free to ask me questions and benefit from the wealth of my knowledge especially in regards to solar power and borehole drilling.

Thank you.
...Loading...

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by confluence: 4:03am On Mar 09, 2015
@the realgeesam, Thanks for all your effort and assistance, the borehole water is now cleaner than before, after several days of pumping it out,
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DRealGeesam(m): 6:49am On Mar 16, 2015
confluence:
@the realgeesam, Thanks for all your effort and assistance, the borehole water is now cleaner than before, after several days of pumping it out,
YOU ARE WELCOME SIR cheesy
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by smsdigito: 5:08pm On Mar 20, 2015
i think i will love this.
How much is it within Lagos?

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by uzoexcel(m): 9:32pm On Mar 20, 2015
followin this threead cool cool
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by schneid: 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2015
I stumbled on this thread today and I am so impressed by the op's wealth of expertise on this subject. I read each post from page 1-10. Good job. I do solar stuffs too but I can agree u r d boss.
I read where you mentioned where solar brand name should not be the real deal but the chip manufacturer. I rely so much on solarworld module (255watt @N65k), outback charge controller, morning star. From your experience, kindly recommend a cheaper alternative in terms of cost without compromise to quality for the items mentioned. Products/prices/supplier? Email: aphizaa@gmail.com. thanks as I expect feedback
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by kiekie1(m): 12:36am On Mar 29, 2015
schneid:
I stumbled on this thread today and I am so impressed by the op's wealth of expertise on this subject. I read each post from page 1-10. Good job. I do solar stuffs too but I can agree u r d boss.
I read where you mentioned where solar brand name should not be the real deal but the chip manufacturer. I rely so much on solarworld module (255watt @N65k), outback charge controller, morning star. From your experience, kindly recommend a cheaper alternative in terms of cost without compromise to quality for the items mentioned. Products/prices/supplier? Email: aphizaa@gmail.com. thanks as I expect feedback

Its all self explicit esp if you do good research in the open market. Solar world panel is good bt hope you know its still China manufactured but of thick and standard quality ? I have used Joy , Yingli, Perlight solar modules and they all work very well. Morningstar and outback are good but you can still get same result @ affordable prices with brands like Ep solar, Provolt mppt/pwm charge controllers . The EP Solar "I TRACER" 60a mppt controller is just 95k to 100k compared to Morningstar price and has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)

I have few stock now @ my Ikeja Lagos outlet namely;
*EP Solar 60a MPPT .... @ 95k
*Trojan USA flooded J185p batteries 12v 205a .......... @ 65k
*Bluegate Pure sinewave power Inverter 3.5kva 24v with lcd display and selectable charging current 70a... #last stock
*Perlight and Joy Solar panels

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Ventures,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by schneid: 12:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
Thanks. Noted
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Barezzi(m): 4:44am On Mar 30, 2015
DRealGeesam:

Thanks for the compliment sir. Solarworld panels are well built. But their performance is just a bit better than yingli for example.
Now come to think of it. With 65k you can buy 255w of solar world, with that same amount you can buy 3 175watts of yingli solar panels totaling 525watts. Now decide which makes more sense. Reason why I laugh at people who believe in expensive brands. BUT caution must be taken especially chinese products. Key is to always research the manufacturers.
Thanks kiekie1
Interesting thread...
For the yingli panels, i'll prolly need roof space the size of a football field to build a 4kw array... over 20 panels!! angry
Can u post the spec sheet for the yingli panels?
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DanielUnilag: 7:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Barezzi:

Interesting thread...
For the yingli panels, i'll prolly need roof space the size of a football field to build a 4kw array... over 20 panels!! angry
Can u post the spec sheet for the yingli panels?
Can you vouche for ds yingli panels and where can I get one?
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DanielUnilag: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2015
DRealGeesam:

That is a very good setup you have there.

Here are options you have sir.

Option 1: just to guarantee your batteries are charged everyday using solar power

For 4 200ah batteries you need 0.64kva of solar array to get them charged everyday (ONLY using an MPPT controller will need more power if using PWM).
This could mean 8X 80watts panels, 7 X 100 watts panels or what ever configuration that will total .64Kva

This will cost
N160,000 + 90,000 (for the controller)

OPTION 2: Charging and day time use
This means 0.64Kva for charging + wattage for whatever appliance you want to be powered through the day. Eg if you want your 54inch flat screen tv to be powered during the day without it using the batteries then you need an additional .2kva of solar panels, that is 2 extra 100watts panels.

For a load of 600watts day time use (using the sun directly) which is 1 tv, phone chargings, laptop use, about 4 lighting, a ceiling fan

You have to add at least 30% for electrical loses

This gives

.64kva + .78kva= 1.42kva

=14 X 100 watts panels or 7X 230watts panels or 9X 170watts panels.

This array will cost
Aprx N357,500+ 90,000 for controller
N447,500

This will guarantee electricity ALL day to power the appliances i listed above and a little bit more even.

The batteries may not last more than 3 years, but i assure you that for the next 25-30years your solar panels will still be giving you electricity Guaranteed (even after that they will still be working but at only about 70% of their capacity)

Good solar arrays (key word here is "Good" ) could seem expensive, but they worth it in the long run.

I hope this helps.
I am here at your service in case there is more you want clarified sir.

All the best sir
@DRealGeesam, I av to say u r d best but I do av some criticisms on ur calc & I hop to mk dem constructive. Mayb it'll help if u can demystify d following query;
1. Aw did u arrive at 0.64kva? Was it based on chrgn current reqt or power reqt?
2. D solar circuit is DC so I fink 0.64kva shld b 0.64kw
3. Are d 80w panels arranged in series? If so... 17.5x8 = 140v
4. Thus, Wot is d rating of d mppt chrg controller if u proffer d same chrg controller for both 0.64kva & 1.42kva solar system?
5. Do d cost u enumerated above cover delivery & installation?
Thks.

1 Like

Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 9:13pm On Apr 09, 2015
DanielUnilag:

@DRealGeesam, I av to say u r d best but I do av some criticisms on ur calc & I hop to mk dem constructive. Mayb it'll help if u can demystify d following query;
1. Aw did u arrive at 0.64kva? Was it based on chrgn current reqt or power reqt?
2. D solar circuit is DC so I fink 0.64kva shld b 0.64kw
3. Are d 80w panels arranged in series? If so... 17.5x8 = 140v
4. Thus, Wot is d rating of d mppt chrg controller if u proffer d same chrg controller for both 0.64kva & 1.42kva solar system?
5. Do d cost u enumerated above cover delivery & installation?
Thks.
Nice questions cheesy
Lets look at it together
1. How did i arrive at 640w (0.64kw) for the charging?
Answer for 4 200ah batteries of 12v each battery. Right?
So what is the total capacitative power of the batteries.
Power= Current X voltage
P=200ahX4X12= 9600Wh

Note: a good invert will shut down when the battery gets to 11.4V this is 50% of the battery charge.

So our drained batteries still has 4800Wh left in it. Hope u get it so far?

Our aim is ONLY to charge this battery, which means replacing the used 4800Wh

Having an array that gives you 640W output an a day of good sunshine of 8hours that will give you 5120Wh in a day. smiley

So that is how i got .64kw o

2. YOU ARE RIGHT!!! cheesy damn it how did i make that mistake. There is no power factor to calculate into a dc power so it shld be KW not KVA, my mistake. Thumbs up. Thanks

3. Haba! Why should u connect it in series? Bros! U and i know the answer to this nau angry. But for the benefit of others the answer is no o. for 8 panels 4 strings in parallel with 2panels in series in each string.

4. 30amps is enough

Thank you.

This is drealgeesam
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by davinchi(m): 10:45pm On Apr 09, 2015
DRealGeesam:
We are experts in Solar Power for homes too.
Ask questions on this too

@kopell and hajj mufutau55
What does it cost to have a 3.5 or 5 KVA Solar dependent light? I need the ABC's of everything I need and what load can it carry?
Thanks
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 3:09pm On Apr 12, 2015
davinchi:

What does it cost to have a 3.5 or 5 KVA Solar dependent light? I need the ABC's of everything I need and what load can it carry?
Thanks
ABC's may not be possible now.
But there are lots of configurations especially for the panels and the batteries depending on how much you load it per time.
But a good setup will cost about 1m for 3.5 kva to 2m for 5kva. How you intend to use it could actually is actually a big factor.

This is drealgeesm
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by DanielUnilag: 7:28pm On Apr 12, 2015
geesampower:

Nice questions cheesy
Lets look at it together
1. How did i arrive at 640w (0.64kw) for the charging?
Answer for 4 200ah batteries of 12v each battery. Right?
So what is the total capacitative power of the batteries.
Power= Current X voltage
P=200ahX4X12= 9600Wh

Note: a good invert will shut down when the battery gets to 11.4V this is 50% of the battery charge.

So our drained batteries still has 4800Wh left in it. Hope u get it so far?

Our aim is ONLY to charge this battery, which means replacing the used 4800Wh

Having an array that gives you 640W output an a day of good sunshine of 8hours that will give you 5120Wh in a day. smiley

So that is how i got .64kw o

2. YOU ARE RIGHT!!! cheesy damn it how did i make that mistake. There is no power factor to calculate into a dc power so it shld be KW not KVA, my mistake. Thumbs up. Thanks

3. Haba! Why should u connect it in series? Bros! U and i know the answer to this nau angry. But for the benefit of others the answer is no o. for 8 panels 4 strings in parallel with 2panels in series in each string.

4. 30amps is enough

Thank you.

This is drealgeesam
@darealgeesam, sir, I don't mean to sound patronizing but I'm totally flabbergasted at ur wealth of experience. Keep up d good work. But I stil a notch unresolved.
U stated d 80w panels will b connect in 4 strings of 2 panels connect in series. I.e. voltage = 2x17.5=35v. I tot d system was a 48v, 4 batts inverter set up. Or am I mistaken?
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 9:18pm On Apr 16, 2015
DanielUnilag:

@darealgeesam, sir, I don't mean to sound patronizing but I'm totally flabbergasted at ur wealth of experience. Keep up d good work. But I stil a notch unresolved.
U stated d 80w panels will b connect in 4 strings of 2 panels connect in series. I.e. voltage = 2x17.5=35v. I tot d system was a 48v, 4 batts inverter set up. Or am I mistaken?
My dear daniel, i am sorry for this late reply. Seen this question since u posted it but i have been sneaking in and out of nairaland.
To ur question.
Have u ever wondered y solar panels meant for 12 systems have an Voc (open circuit voltage) of at least 17v?
That is the key question.
The reason is because of the way technology has be homogenized.
The manufacturers of solar panels, charge controllers,pv inverters, did not choose that standardization for fun.
What you don't know obviously is. That your solar panels are EXACLY like you batteries. The only difference is the source of energy which is the sun.
Now when u connect 2 batteries together, one of 13v and another at 11v. What happens is the battery of 13v drops to 11v immediately (as long as they are connected) and starts charging the battery of 11v in an instant the both can equilize at a voltage between 11v and 13v but will NEVER be 13v.
Same with when a solar panel is connected to a discharged battery. It will never charge it at 17.5v. But the battery will surely over charge after a while because the panel will keep supplying charge to the battery until it attains 17.5v, obviously this is far more than a 12v battery shld take, because a 12v battery is 100% full at 13.4v. That is why you shld use a charge controller for charging. Once it is at 13.4v the charge controller will only supply a float charge to the battery so it wont over charge. There is a lot to say to this but the summary is 17v is the standard volts solar panels are designed to for 12v systems and this helps them give a good output, it will never charge at 17v especially with a charge controller.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 9:22pm On Apr 16, 2015
There is so much to talk about. PWM and MPPT controllers is something i feel tempted to talk about but not now. Will like us to look into the max working voltages they work with and the stages of charging they both give
And why their efficiencies are significantly different
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Barezzi(m): 10:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
geesampower:
There is so much to talk about. PWM and MPPT controllers is something i feel tempted to talk about but not now. Will like us to look into the max working voltages they work with and the stages of charging they both give
Talk am, I am interested in reading your views on the matter...
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 10:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
Barezzi:

Talk am, I am interested in reading your views on the matter...
Boss! Hehehehe
No time for typing much tonight jare.
How far with the yingli panels? Been expecting feed back
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by Barezzi(m): 11:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
geesampower:

Boss! Hehehehe
No time for typing much tonight jare.
How far with the yingli panels? Been expecting feed back
Ah! Not forgotten bruv, i'm at work now, i'll call you soon.
Re: Solar Power & Boreholes Jobs (FULL Pictures) Ask ANY questions NO SECRETS by geesampower(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
geesampower:
Charge controllers
Must you use them?...
Yes and no

Yes for every commercial installation
No for those tweaking and know what they are doing.

You love yourself ? Use them.

Just met a man that does not use charge controllers. Smh

I reserve my comment.

This solar biz, there is so much to talk about. New thread loading...

My respect to Mr. Femi Ayeni and mr. Richmond.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (22) (Reply)

This House Takes 6 Hours To Build And Costs Just $33K / Hire Dump Trucks At A Cheap Rate, And U Can Also Call Us For Quality Granite / Somebody's Living Room Flooded In Lekki After The Rain (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.