Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,820 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 PM

Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari (14944 Views)

Buhari Explains How He Will Repay N27.5 Million Nomination Form Loan / Falana Blasts Buhari Over Presidential Form ‘loan’ / 2015: Alao-akala Picks PDP N3m Nomination Form For Oyo State Guber Race. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by muami(m): 8:19am On Oct 18, 2014
1. He is a Bad Manager of Resources
The first thing that Buhari’s decision to take a loan tells us is that he is a VERY BAD manager of resources. Good managers of resources raise a significant portion of the monies to fund their campaigns from the human resources that they have. In the US, for example, Barrack Obama raised millions of dollars through small donations from his supporters. Here in Nigeria, Ayo Fayose maximised the benefits of his cult-like fellowship in Ekiti by selling campaign materials such as caps and T-Shirts to raise part of the money for his campaign.

Buhari has a cult-like follower-ship in the North. Many of these persons, though poor, wouldn't mind contributing something no matter how little to his cause. If 50% of his followers in the North contribute just N100 each, Buhari could have easily raised 27 million to buy the form without having to pay back. However, because he does not know how to manage the resources that he has, he took the easy option out and took a loan! How can we trust him to manage our resources effectively? How can he manage our huge human and capital resources when he cannot even properly manage his campaign?

2. He is Not Creative nor Productive
The decision to collect a loan to buy the nomination form also confirms Buhari as a man who is uncreative, unproductive and lacking in ideas on how to create wealth. Buhari was former governor, head of state, Petroleum minister and PTF administrator. Yet with all these experiences, at 70, there is no one single business venture or productive organisation that he established to create wealth for himself and family and jobs for other people. Since leaving office, what has Buhari been doing with his time? Where are the businesses he has established? Where are the ideas that he created? Where are the fruits of his brains?

Former presidents who have anything upstairs use what they have upstairs to provide solutions to problems and create wealth for themselves. OBJ is still involved in many national and international assignments using his record as a head of state who handed over power to civilians. Bill Clinton makes a lot of money from appearing for events and writing. Tony Blair is involved in many productive activities helping the world and generating legitimate wealth for himself. Ribadu used his anti-corruption toga to gain an international assignment the moment he was pushed out of EFCC.

Buhari has an anti-corruption toga. There is so much corruption in the world, and many people are using their creative ability to form organisations or do something to fight corruption. Organisations like Transparency International were set up by people to do something about corruption and in the process they are also creating wealth or themselves. Why has Buhari not leveraged on this ‘asset’ to help Nigeria and the world and in the process earn a living? What idea has Buhari proposed or generated to fight corruption apart from complain on pages newspapers? Why is Buhari still ‘poor’ at 70 if he has anything upstairs? It is only a lazy and uncreative man that will believe that only corrupt people can be rich. That is absolutely not the case. Is Linda Ikeji corrupt? Is Seun corrupt? Are the founders of Jumia corrupt? Point is: Buhari is poor at 70 because he lacks the creative ability to generate wealth and to utilize what he has to create a legitimate livelihood.

3. He is not a Strategic Planner
Buhari contested presidential elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011. He therefore knows that running for presidential elections is a very expensive business. Furthermore, many of Buhari’s supporters argued after the previous elections that Buhari would have gotten more votes if he had the funds to campaign more effectively. Based on the previous experience, If Buhari is a strategic thinker, he should have had a strategic plan in place to raise money for this campaign including money to buy the nomination form!

The fact that he has no money to do so shows that he doesn't learn from his past and doesn't plan for the future. Buhari expressed his intention to run for president about 3 years ago. At the same time, the APC announced the nomination fee almost a month ago. Buhari therefore had enough time to put a strategic plan in place to raise money to buy the form. However, Buhari waited until the day arrived before scrambling to collect a loan to buy the form! What kind of a man does things like that and wants to become president?

I know of a certain widow who wanted her son to become a lawyer. While he was still in primary school, she opened an account for that purpose and was putting some money in the account from the little money she made from buying and selling. When her son gained admission to the university, she handed over the account to him which by now contained enough money to last him at least for the first two years. By the end of the first two years, she had save enough to last him or another year, and continued like that until he eventually became a lawyer. Yet we have a man who wants to be president but cannot even device a strategy to raise money for his campaign. I’d rather entrust Nigeria into the hands of this widow that Buhari!

92 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Richie0974: 8:31am On Oct 18, 2014
;D1st 2 comment.... Who cares.....let just c if he'll win APC's presidential ticket
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by MizMyColi(f): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2014
Number 4:
A bad Liar

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Krak(m): 8:38am On Oct 18, 2014
This piece is Harsh and wicked.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Mastermind24(m): 8:39am On Oct 18, 2014
Very good writeup, pls keep it up.

http://pin.bbm.com/C001743FD

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by talkintruth: 8:41am On Oct 18, 2014
Richie0974:
;D1st 2 comment.... Who cares.....let just c if he'll win APC's presidential ticket

See shallow thinking. Very much like APC

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by ITbomb(m): 8:43am On Oct 18, 2014
This is very insightful.

With all his anti corruption hype, there is not one movement he is pushing to fight or expose corruption.

Taking a loan to get a nomination form is a sign of bad management decision. It is like lottery, since when did banks grant loans for lottery or any venture with a flip coin chance.
He would have raised the money from associates or at least part of his savings.
Is this the way he will be taking loans to solve national challenges? Instead of considering all alternative.

Buhari declared and next day, Boko Haram agrees to a ceasefire, what am I thinking?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by dapperman(m): 8:43am On Oct 18, 2014
You have raised some interesting points op.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 18, 2014
Its a way of telling us Nigerians that he has not enriched himself through corrupt practices, and has hence opted for the loan because of his passion to lead us.
Hahahahaha!!!
#in olamides voice __ STORY FOR THE GODS!!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Descartes: 8:48am On Oct 18, 2014
tongue

1 Like

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Descartes: 8:50am On Oct 18, 2014
They will soön flood this thread. Just watch out.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by kelvincoll(m): 8:53am On Oct 18, 2014
I must say this is very insightful and cogent.

....Points to ponder

15 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 8:55am On Oct 18, 2014
One of the most reasonable posts ever in NL,

OP Buhari doesnt need to open any business, Nigeria is the estate of his forefather Uthman Dan Fodio.
If you dont what estate means google is your friend.

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 18, 2014
My own question is do candidates raise money to pay for forms or pay out of their pockets?

Did Obama do a fundraiser to pay his nomination form (if they pay such)

Hi MizMyColi

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 18, 2014
Senseless and malicious thead.

Sai Buhari 2015!

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by o42austino(m): 9:00am On Oct 18, 2014
his statement abt taking a loan has explose this man as a fraud to me, he even discribed how he called his bank manager and the moni was made available to him in last than 20hrs, this does not sound like a man thst like due process to me.

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by patrickmuf(m): 9:03am On Oct 18, 2014
muami:
1. He is a Bad Manager of Resources
The first thing that Buhari’s decision to take a loan tells us is that he is a VERY BAD manager of resources. Good managers of resources raise a significant portion of the monies to fund their campaigns from the human resources that they have. In the US, for example, Barrack Obama raised millions of dollars through small donations from his supporters. Here in Nigeria, Ayo Fayose maximised the benefits of his cult-like fellowship in Ekiti by selling campaign materials such as caps and T-Shirts to raise part of the money for his campaign.

Buhari has a cult-like follower-ship in the North. Many of these persons, though poor, wouldn't mind contributing something no matter how little to his cause. If 50% of his followers in the North contribute just N100 each, Buhari could have easily raised 27 million to buy the form without having to pay back. However, because he does not know how to manage the resources that he has, he took the easy option out and took a loan! How can we trust him to manage our resources effectively? How can he manage our huge human and capital resources when he cannot even properly manage his campaign?

2. He is Not Creative nor Productive
The decision to collect a loan to buy the nomination form also confirms Buhari as a man who is uncreative, unproductive and lacking in ideas on how to create wealth. Buhari was former governor, head of state, Petroleum minister and PTF administrator. Yet with all these experiences, at 70, there is no one single business venture or productive organisation that he established to create wealth for himself and family and jobs for other people. Since leaving office, what has Buhari been doing with his time? Where are the businesses he has established? Where are the ideas that he created? Where are the fruits of his brains?

Former presidents who have anything upstairs use what they have upstairs to provide solutions to problems and create wealth for themselves. OBJ is still involved in many national and international assignments using his record as a head of state who handed over power to civilians. Bill Clinton makes a lot of money from appearing for events and writing. Tony Blair is involved in many productive activities helping the world and generating legitimate wealth for himself. Ribadu used his anti-corruption toga to gain an international assignment the moment he was pushed out of EFCC.

Buhari has an anti-corruption toga. There is so much corruption in the world, and many people are using their creative ability to form organisations or do something to fight corruption. Organisations like Transparency International were set up by people to do something about corruption and in the process they are also creating wealth or themselves. Why has Buhari not leveraged on this ‘asset’ to help Nigeria and the world and in the process earn a living? What idea has Buhari proposed or generated to fight corruption apart from complain on pages newspapers? Why is Buhari still ‘poor’ at 70 if he has anything upstairs? It is only a lazy and uncreative man that will believe that only corrupt people can be rich. That is absolutely not the case. Is Linda Ikeji corrupt? Is Seun corrupt? Are the founders of Jumia corrupt? Point is: Buhari is poor at 70 because he lacks the creative ability to generate wealth and to utilize what he has to create a legitimate livelihood.

3. He is not a Strategic Planner
Buhari contested presidential elections in 2003, 2007 and 2011. He therefore knows that running for presidential elections is a very expensive business. Furthermore, many of Buhari’s supporters argued after the previous elections that Buhari would have gotten more votes if he had the funds to campaign more effectively. Based on the previous experience, If Buhari is a strategic thinker, he should have had a strategic plan in place to raise money for this campaign including money to buy the nomination form!

The fact that he has no money to do so shows that he doesn't learn from his past and doesn't plan for the future. Buhari expressed his intention to run for president about 3 years ago. At the same time, the APC announced the nomination fee almost a month ago. Buhari therefore had enough time to put a strategic plan in place to raise money to buy the form. However, Buhari waited until the day arrived before scrambling to collect a loan to buy the form! What kind of a man does things like that and wants to become president?

I know of a certain widow who wanted her son to become a lawyer. While he was still in primary school, she opened an account for that purpose and was putting some money in the account from the little money she made from buying and selling. When her son gained admission to the university, she handed over the account to him which by now contained enough money to last him at least for the first two years. By the end of the first two years, she had save enough to last him or another year, and continued like that until he eventually became a lawyer. Yet we have a man who wants to be president but cannot even device a strategy to raise money for his campaign. I’d rather entrust Nigeria into the hands of this widow that Buhari!
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Don't fool yourself...
Modified: When I said Dangote take loans, I said it in reference to the whole idea of this thread...Taking loans doesn't in anyway signify you're broke or wasteful...

19 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by fitzmayowa: 9:05am On Oct 18, 2014
patrickmuf:
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Font fool yourself

People like Dangote don't take loan to get a nomination form to run for a political office, they take loan to run their business...

I guess buhari taking a loan to run for political office shows how much he cares about nigeria and nigerians...

Saint Buhari indeed...yeye dey smell

24 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Omimah: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2014
Don't disgrace yourself. In the US, there is a limitation to the amount a person gives as fund to any person seeking an elective seat.
On your claim that Buhari should have known the cost of nomination form having been contesting since 2003, I will say you don't know the cost of nomination form then and now. Do you also know that the nomination form of APC is over 100% higher than any other party's since 2003? Did you also hear the APC chairman, John Oyegun say the nomination form was made that costly "to separate the boys from the men."?
From your write up, I could infer that you are calling Buhari a f00l for not embezzling public funds when he was the Head of State and the chairman of PTDF.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 18, 2014
This post is the product of good thinking. Brilliant points.

However, the premise underpinning your points is that Buhari was completely honest about the state of his finances and about how he got the money to pay for the nomination form. We all know that he wasn't honest about that. He is a bloody liar. The man is a billionaire like the rest of them - if not directly, then by proxy/fronts.

The only thing I learnt from his pathetic attempt to portray himself as a 'poor' man is that he is not particularly intelligent and that he is as corrupt-minded as any other Nigerian (since he could exploit his personal connections with his bank manager to obtain a loan without following due process).

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by brownlord: 9:16am On Oct 18, 2014
MizMyColi:
Number 4:
A bad Liar

The APC " change crew " coming for you.

@post. Let him first tell us the name of the bank, the cbn, efcc should swing into action, this is big fraud, the bank gambling with peoples money, how does he intend to pay back if he losses in primary? Will he be getting more loan if wins the primaries to persecute this election? The last I check, bank give loan for business or any form of investment, is buhari not investing this loan and expect return when he becomes president? When I say all nigeria politicians in nigeria are liars their premium / hired posters will insult me. One thing is sure buhari dint take any loan to buy the form, he just trying to get sympathy which he's really getting from blind followers

Again, I saw on a thread yesterday, someone asked if he get a loan to buy form how will he run for election, andd someone said contribution from supporters and sponsorship from business men like dangote and otedollar, if this iss right and buhari's intention. Then I like to ask to what end? Dangote, otedolar et al are business men who invest and expect a return, they are not charity organization, dangote himself who is pursuing the richest man in the world wanting to be the first black man to achieve that will not have billions to tro around without expecting a return. This men are major sponsors of pdp elections, they invest and are paid after with the govt. Policy that favor them and their business at the expense of our economy, there was even a news of otedolar saying as far as he sells diesel nigeria will not have stable electricity.

Now my question to the sai buhari crew, if the general rely on this business men to sponsor his election what is he giving in return, is it not the same pdp way of opening our national purse to them by way of favoring their business he intend to use as pay back?

Sai buhari crew please I need answers.

Cc. Obiageli, omenka, ibsultan, courage, berem, banicansta and co

13 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by brownlord: 9:19am On Oct 18, 2014
patrickmuf:
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Don't fool yourself

Meaning buhari invested, 27 million and expecting a return when he becoms president? I'm sure the loan is with interest

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 18, 2014
Omimah:
Don't disgrace yourself. In the US, there is a limitation to the amount a person gets as funds from his supporters.
On your claim that Buhari should have known the cost of nomination form having been contesting since 2003, I will say you don't know the cost of nomination form then and now. Do you also know that the nomination form of APC is over 100% higher than any other party's since 2003? Did you also hear the APC chairman, John Oyegun say the nomination form was made that costly "to separate the boys from the men."?
From your write up, I could infer that you are calling Buhari a f00l for not embezzling public funds when he was the Head of State and the chairman of PTDF.

I was about to ask you to take your own advice (about not disgracing yourself), only to realise that it was already too late. You have succeeded in disgracing yourself.

These are limits only on the amounts SINGLE donors can contribute, not necessarily on the total amount you can raise from several thousand/million supporters' contributions. In any case, how exactly does this negate the OP's argument?

10 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Gbawe: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2014
berem:
Senseless and malicious thead.

Sai Buhari 2015!

Indeed. When a poster opens two virtually identical thread (see below) to obstinately make the same irrelevant point then you know such a person has issues ala extremism and fundamentalism. We are expecting thread number 3,4 5 and 6 from OP all on Buhari's form collection. Meanwhile, the General has picked up his form declaring his interest and Nigerians are very excited and hopeful. Some sad folks can remain here ranting about a non-existent point they think they are making.

https://www.nairaland.com/1953092/buhari-uses-man-know-man-collect-bank

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 18, 2014
fitzmayowa:

People like Dangote don't take loan to get a nomination form to run for a political office, they take loan to run their business...

I guess buhari taking a loan to run for political office shows how much he cares about nigeria and nigerians...

Saint Buhari indeed...yeye dey smell

And people do fundraisers to pay party forms?
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by brownlord: 9:22am On Oct 18, 2014
pro01:
This post is the product of good thinking. Brilliant points.

However, the premise underpinning your points is that Buhari was completely honest about the state of his finances and about how he got the money to pay for the nomination form. We all know that he wasn't honest about that. He is a bloody liar. The man is a billionaire like the rest of them - if not directly, then by proxy/fronts.

The only thing I learnt from his pathetic attempt to portray himself as a 'poor' man is that he is not particularly intelligent and that he is as corrupt-minded as any other Nigerian (since he could exploit his personal connections with his bank manager to obtain a loan without following due process).

God bless, some people are too blind

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by idris4r83(m): 9:22am On Oct 18, 2014
patrickmuf:
Hope you realize people like Dangote still take loans? Don't fool yourself
10000000000 likes
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by patrickmuf(m): 9:24am On Oct 18, 2014
brownlord:

Meaning buhari invested, 27 million and expecting a return when he becoms president? I'm sure the loan is with interest
Please can you go back and read Buhari's statement again?
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Descartes: 9:25am On Oct 18, 2014
Are we not on FrontPage yet? wink
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by Omimah: 9:27am On Oct 18, 2014
pro01:

I was about to ask you to take your own advice (about not disgracing yourself), only to realise that it was already too late. You have succeeded in disgracing yourself.

These are limits only on the amounts SINGLE donors can contribute, not necessarily on the total amount you can raise from several thousand/million supporters' contributions. In any case, how exactly does this negate the OP's argument?
You deserve no reply, you intentionally refused to understand my comment. Don't even quote me, you won't get a response.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by brownlord: 9:29am On Oct 18, 2014
patrickmuf:
Please can you go back and read Buhari's statement again?

What is there you want me to read again?
Re: Buhari Nomination Form Loan: Three Things I Have Learnt About Buhari by patrickmuf(m): 9:29am On Oct 18, 2014
Just to point out, the name Buhari is an asset...That name to some extent can open doors of opportunities so don't ask questions like "how's he gonna repay"
Human beings can never be pleased...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting (Photos) / Buhari, Osinbajo, Others Lay Wreaths To Mark Armed Forces Remembrance Day / A Large part Of Rivers State Have Not Had Power Supply Since December 5, 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.