Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum (25777 Views)

Ghanaian Lady Commits Suicide After Catching Her Mum With Her Husband / A slap must be returned, Wife, Gf Or Not. I Have Done It Before (personal Story) / Baby Strapped To A Pillow So Her Mum Could Work (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Thomsbuky(m): 10:40pm On Oct 22, 2014
bebe2:
Oyinbo pple never know how Nigerians dey behave.

Na judge own judge dey talk o (Court of authority different from that of Nigeria you are familiar with)

This is her majesty court order... Court will implore her majesty government to ask Nigerian government counterpat via official protocol to get the child back to Britain. However, failure to implement these will lead to all sort of diplomatic rows between her majesty and Nigeria government...Trust me you don't want to mess with Oyinbo on child issue, very caring and sensitive when it comes to children abduction from Britain.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Chinom(m): 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
bebe2:
Oyinbo pple never know how Nigerians dey behave.

Na judge own judge dey talk o

You be correct Naija babe.. I was LOL at the jubilations of both the mother and some posters here. Initially, i thought it was a Nigeria court. On reading the post i found out it was a UK court.
This girl dey Naija right now with her papa and grandma. For all we know, they would have obtained a Nigerian Passport for her. I would like to know how the UK judge will implement the court order. Alhaji Kashumu wey dem dey find for UK for cocaine runs still dey Naija dey flex for over 10 yrs, e come be pikin wey dey with her papa and granny. Was the father present at the UK court during the proceedings ?.

My advice to the mother still stands ; Go to Nigeria and sort things out with your girl's father. That UK court order is as useless as the paper it was written on. The father is probably on his way to the high court in PH to obtain his own court order.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by lacreamieboie(m): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
sister... u never see pikin! u don dey api dey go media... that pikin don enter 9ja o n for here... Judge na ordinary civilian o! na him own e talk o.. u better go resolve your issue with your husband family! name advice o...
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 12:08am On Oct 23, 2014
Chinom:

You be correct Naija babe.. I was LOL at the jubilations of both the mother and some posters here. Initially, i thought it was a Nigeria court. On reading the post i found out it was a UK court.
This girl dey Naija right now with her papa and grandma. For all we know, they would have obtained a Nigerian Passport for her. I would like to know how the UK judge will implement the court order. Alhaji Kashumu wey dem dey find for UK for cocaine runs still dey Naija dey flex for over 10 yrs, e come be pikin wey dey with her papa and granny. Was the father present at the UK court during the proceedings ?.

My advice to the mother still stands ; Go to Nigeria and sort things out with your girl's father. That UK court order is as useless as the paper it was written on. The father is probably on his way to the high court in PH to obtain his own court order.

Like I said on the first thread, you guys know nothing. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by delishpot: 12:18am On Oct 23, 2014
Biko, every mom knows how important their kids are to them. How then can a woman wake up and decide that taking a child from its mother is no biggie? Knowing how important her own son is to her and how she would give her life for her child yet, she is quick to cause another young mother so much pain by doing something so evil.

#BringBackOurGirl

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Kanwulia: 1:07am On Oct 23, 2014
All these WAZOBIA marriages don taya me sef! cheesy

Kidnappers of the EAST! grin
Kidnapper must born kidnapper abi?
Dem wan use the pikin for ritual ni? undecided
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Tokunbohkinibig: 6:00am On Oct 23, 2014
Chinom:

You are right bro. I live in UK and I can tell you that there is nothing UK government ll do about it if Liya's dad insist to keep that child. However, that grandma in question should stay away from UK and probably US by extension for life.

The best thing Liya's dad could do is to obtain a Nigerian Passport for that child and that ll be the end of the story, Nigeria court would never allow that child to leave Nigeria if Liya's dad insist on keeping that child in Nigeria. It ll be easy for him to get Nigerian Judge to issue a restraining order against Liya's mum considering how UK favours women and how UK court ll never allow him to have access to that child, trust me, with these two points, no court in Nigeria would ask him to return that child.

The best thing for Liya's mum to do is to go to Nigeria and play the same game with the system. What I meant is that she should settle this in Nigeria court cos whatever UK court is dishing out has nothing to do with Nigeria court unless the case has something to do with UK and Nigeria interest.

She needs to settle this amicably with Liya's father or take to court as rightly suggested by other Ops. And in case she finally decides to go home to fight for her child, please Liya mum, don't go to Nigeria court with that "woman owns the child mentality" cos if you do, that ll be the beginning of the end of your case. Be smart. Judges in Nigeria are more emotional and family oriented than UK judges who are more emotional to that women society mentality.

You ll need to convince Nigeria court that the father would remain in Liya's life but this would be hard to prove cos of UK family. ..........On the ground of UK family law alone, Liya's dad has won the case since
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:

You are right bro. I live in UK and I can tell you that there is nothing UK government ll do about it if Liya's dad insist to keep that child. However, that grandma in question should stay away from UK and probably US by extension for life.
The best thing Liya's dad could do is to obtain a Nigerian Passport for that child and that ll be the end of the story, Nigeria court would never allow that child to leave Nigeria if Liya's dad insist on keeping that child in Nigeria. It ll be easy for him to get Nigerian Judge to issue a restraining order against Liya's mum considering how UK favours women and how UK court ll never allow him to have access to that child, trust me, with these two points, no court in Nigeria would ask him to return that child.
The best thing for Liya's mum to do is to go to Nigeria and play the same game with the system. What I meant is that she should settle this in Nigeria court cos whatever UK court is dishing out has nothing to do with Nigeria court unless the case has something to do with UK and Nigeria interest.
She needs to settle this amicably with Liya's father or take to court as rightly suggested by other Ops. And in case she finally decides to go home to fight for her child, please Liya mum, don't go to Nigeria court with that "woman owns the child mentality" cos if you do, that ll be the beginning of the end of your case. Be smart. Judges in Nigeria are more emotional and family oriented than UK judges who are more emotional to that women society mentality.
You ll need to convince Nigeria court that the father would remain in Liya's life but this would be hard to prove cos of UK family. ..........On the ground of UK family law alone, Liya's dad has won the case since

it will be very difficult for liyas dad and grandma because the whole story is in the open. As long as the mother is able to keep up the pressure on social media, bigger and bigger public figures will get involved. It may even be hard getting the child a daycare center.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Onegai(f): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2014
I think Liya will be returned. You guys don't understand, but the grandmum and the father cannot leave the country now, it will flag up on their passports and they'll be arrested, in a lot of countries. You've never heard of it, but I've seen it. Even with Nigerian passport, Liya is a stolen child according to the courts. And yep, they can send letters to your bank/business in Nigeria notifying them that you are a fugitive.
The UK and US passed these laws because so many foreign men/women (but especially men) used to steal their kids and run home.

My cousins are crazy and all have hot tempers and are very violent (including the one who called herself a pastor's wife). When their brother got married, they used to beat the wife on the slightest provocation. She started documenting it, unbeknown to them (pictures and medical reports). One day, she picked her son from nursery school and fled to the airport. The UK didn't let mu cousin into its borders for 10 yrs, based on her evidence (they gave her and the kid asylum).

A guy snatched his daughter from her mum and came back to Nigeria. The mum filed for custody and claimed kidnapping. A year later, his sister was pulled over at the airport for questioning about his whereabouts. And that's how magically one day, the NPF arrested him for kidnapping in Lagos and the child's maternal grandparents took the girl back home. He called all his big-man connections but the case involved the British High Com here (it was all hushed up). Now he's trying to "amicably" ask for visitation rights.

Even my other cousin, once his American wife filed for divorce, she immediately notified the courts that he was a flight risk (because of their daughter). He had to do supervised visitation and all airports had his name and picture should he have attempted to take the girl out of the US.

Even in Nigeria, my co-worker got custody of her two kids from her abusive husband (who thought she wouldn't fight for her rights) here in Lagos. Now he's trying to beg.

All Liya's mum has to do is come to Nigeria, locate them and alert Interpol. They will wait for the hubby at her pre-school and collect her there.

I know so many cases (with this wahala) who once the child has a foreign pp from US/UK, respect themselves and start politely asking their ex-wives for visitation (even those with a lot of clout).

Even if it is 10 years' later, Liya can be taken from her father. It's better he returns the kid jejely. He and his grandmum were stupi.d in the first place.

7 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2014
remsonik:

Have you forgotten the child is a british citizen. Even if the woman goes to court in nigeria she will still lose the case. All the UK government need to do is to send interpol to come get the child here in nigeria. Once the child is reconciled with her mother its none of their business anymore if the court in naija likes let them set her free
The child is a Nigerian citizen too .
And no, interpool does not violate national soverignty.
If not, america would have arrested many people walking free in Nigeria.
Btw i doubt the UK would risk a diplomatic row because of some naive girl.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 23, 2014
Thomsbuky:

This is her majesty court order... Court will implore her majesty government to ask Nigerian government counterpat via official protocol to get the child back to Britain. However, failure to implement these will lead to all sort of diplomatic rows between her majesty and Nigeria government...Trust me you don't want to mess with Oyinbo on child issue, very caring and sensitive when it comes to children abduction from Britain.
If a Federal court protects her not even the FG can touch her.
The US have mounted all kind of pressure on GEJ to extradite aborishade, yet the nigga is still as free as a bird.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Thomsbuky(m): 9:03am On Oct 23, 2014
F117AA:
If a Federal court protects her not even the FG can touch her.
The US have mounted all kind of pressure on GEJ to extradite aborishade, yet the nigga is still as free as a bird.

Reason, why you not getting maximum intelligent support and weapons to eradicate Bokoarearams, because you are not trusted, absolute too corrupts to implement international standard demand by international community. Oyinbos will always use diplomatic strategies to get you back on line. However, if you decide to be a torn in flesh, ask like of Sadam Hussain, Gadaffi, Noriega and Mugabe. They will disabilise your country making it difficulties to govern yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Tokunbohkinibig: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2014
oyb:

it will be very difficult for liyas dad and grandma because the whole story is in the open. As long as the mother is able to keep up the pressure on social media, bigger and bigger public figures will get involved. It may even be hard getting the child a daycare center.

I will love you to pay sedulous attention to this very case and see how the whole story unfolds. And I can assure you that you ll be surprised as to what the outcome of that case would be.

Liya's dad will definitely win this case on the ground of those points that were raised in my last post hands down. Nigeria is different from western world where there is no regards for family values. Nigerian judges will never allow that child to leave Nigeria shore.

If Liya's dad plays his game with Nigeria Court very well, trust me on this, he would be given Liya's custody and UK ll do nothing about it.

Finally, there is no amount of media pressure that would make Nigeria court to grant her the custody of that child considering the UK family law.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 23, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:

I will love you to pay sedulous attention to this very case and see how the whole story unfolds. And I can assure you that you ll be surprised as to what the outcome of that case would be.

Liya's dad will definitely win this case on the ground of those points that were raised in my last post hands down. Nigeria is different from western world where there is no regards for family values. Nigerian judges will never allow that child to leave Nigeria shore.

If Liya's dad plays his game with Nigeria Court very well, trust me on this, he would be given Liya's custody and UK ll do nothing about it.

Finally, there is no amount of media pressure that would make Nigeria court to grant her the custody of that child considering the UK family law.

Play what game? The father is an unsympathetic candidate. He was absent for over year of the child's life, he does not appear to be working, and he is a weak mummy's boy whose mum had to snatch the pikin for him.

He does not present the face of a father figure
You dont want this in court.

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by stinggy(m): 11:12am On Oct 23, 2014
pickabeau1:

That is a different dimension which typically is an exception

[size=20pt]Illiterates have raised professors[/size]

who says he is truly is the fada of the child grin grin grin

Word bro!

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 23, 2014
Onegai:
I think Liya will be returned. You guys don't understand, but the grandmum and the father cannot leave the country now, it will flag up on their passports and they'll be arrested, in a lot of countries. You've never heard of it, but I've seen it. Even with Nigerian passport, Liya is a stolen child according to the courts. And yep, they can send letters to your bank/business in Nigeria notifying them that you are a fugitive.
The UK and US passed these laws because so many foreign men/women (but especially men) used to steal their kids and run home.

My cousins are crazy and all have hot tempers and are very violent (including the one who called herself a pastor's wife). When their brother got married, they used to beat the wife on the slightest provocation. She started documenting it, unbeknown to them (pictures and medical reports). One day, she picked her son from nursery school and fled to the airport. The UK didn't let mu cousin into its borders for 10 yrs, based on her evidence (they gave her and the kid asylum).

A guy snatched his daughter from her mum and came back to Nigeria. The mum filed for custody and claimed kidnapping. A year later, his sister was pulled over at the airport for questioning about his whereabouts. And that's how magically one day, the NPF arrested him for kidnapping in Lagos and the child's maternal grandparents took the girl back home. He called all his big-man connections but the case involved the British High Com here (it was all hushed up). Now he's trying to "amicably" ask for visitation rights.

Even my other cousin, once his American wife filed for divorce, she immediately notified the courts that he was a flight risk (because of their daughter). He had to do supervised visitation and all airports had his name and picture should he have attempted to take the girl out of the US.

Even in Nigeria, my co-worker got custody of her two kids from her abusive husband (who thought she wouldn't fight for her rights) here in Lagos. Now he's trying to beg.

All Liya's mum has to do is come to Nigeria, locate them and alert Interpol. They will wait for the hubby at her pre-school and collect her there.

I know so many cases (with this wahala) who once the child has a foreign pp from US/UK, respect themselves and start politely asking their ex-wives for visitation (even those with a lot of clout).

Even if it is 10 years' later, Liya can be taken from her father. It's better he returns the kid jejely. He and his grandmum were stupi.d in the first place.

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bebe2(f): 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2014
Chinom:

u leave them

sit down look na dog name nah

i go see how how dem go throu one 180million find one pikin.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bebe2(f): 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thomsbuky:

its not possible, unless the granma just decide to give up the child.

i beg tell me how this will work.

even if u put gun for jonathan head, he can not produce dat child.

he no know wfere d pikin dey

dat not how naija run,
if na here dem go just wait, the granma or papa must log into the system, thru pensions, benefit
hospital etc but for naija no way

dats a fact
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
bebe2:

u leave them

sit down look na dog name nah

i go see how how dem go throu one 180million find one pikin.

Is the mother a stranger? You think she doesn't know where the man and his family are? Use your head.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 1:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Twitter and the baby daddy's accounts reveal that the girl is with her maternal grandma already

Im sure she will soon bewith her mum

I dont get your angle

Why should the paternal grandmother be hassled with travel bans, INTERPOL etc all because of overzaelousness

Mind you , the father is said to have wanted this baby aborted

undecided
bebe2:

its not possible, unless the granma just decide to give up the child.

i beg tell me how this will work.

even if u put gun for jonathan head, he can not produce dat child.

he no know wfere d pikin dey

dats a fact

5 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bebe2(f): 1:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
MissMeiya:

Is the mother a stranger? You think she doesn't know where the man and his family are? Use your head.

Am using my head,

If they abduct a child internationally u think they are going to go back to the same house abi?

Very smart undecided
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by bebe2(f): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
pickabeau1:
Twitter and the baby daddy's accounts reveal that the girl is with her maternal grandma already

Im sure she will soon bewith her mum

I dont get your angle

Why should the paternal grandmother be hassled with travel bans, INTERPOL etc all because of overzaelousness

Mind you , the father is said to have wanted this baby aborted

undecided

Ohhhh ok. Dat means they have returned d child nahhh

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by pickabeau1: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2014
Yep

bebe2:

Ohhhh ok. Dat means they have returned d child nahhh
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 23, 2014
bebe2:

Am using my head,

If they abduct a child internationally u think they are going to go back to the same house abi?

Very smart undecided

Oh, they will uproot their entire lives and go into hiding indefinitely? Yes, very smart.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 23, 2014
Thomsbuky:

Reason, why you not getting maximum intelligent support and weapons to eradicate Bokoarearams, because you are not trusted, absolute too corrupts to implement international standard demand by international community. Oyinbos will always use diplomatic strategies to get you back on line. However, if you decide to be a torn in flesh, ask like of Sadam Hussain, Gadaffi, Noriega and Mugabe. They will disabilise your country making it difficulties to govern yourself.
Will you shut up and get lost.
Do you know how many international laws US has broken?
I don't blame you.
If Nigeria had serious leaders, we would be too rich and powerful to kowtow to laws made for weak countries .
Go and tell china and russia to obey your laws.
Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by delishpot: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
Tokunbohkinibig:

Why do you believe the mom doesnt deserve her daughter? Why do you think giving the child to the dad is a sign of respect for family value? Shouldnt this case be about what is better for the child?
Please note, I am not attacking you o. Just want to know your reasons as to why the mom should be denied the child knowing how important moms are to such young kids. Maybe you know something we dont know? Is the mom a bad influence on the child? From all indication, she allows the fathers people to be involved in that childs life( afterall that was what gave grandma the oportunity to steal baby liya) so I do not think she was keeping the baby away from them. I just want to know why they took the girl. Maybe their action stems from real concern for the childs well being?

3 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by delishpot: 6:31pm On Oct 23, 2014
onoja12:
if i was this young man,as cruel as it may sound.i would return the child to the mother and disown the child,because from the way that girl is talking she would brain wash that child to thinking evil and probably acting it too

Better. Let him return her and leave the woman alone.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by delishpot: 6:41pm On Oct 23, 2014
bennyrazz:
@busybody2,

Remember the lady sued the IBO man to court to get child support? and IBO man is saying he can only cater for the child if he has full custody. On what defective grounds will the case be thrown out? on grounds that they are not legally married or on grounds that it is impossible for the man to father the child?

Are the interpol in Nigeria not Nigerians? are they whites? you see if I'm the father of Liya and the court issues a warrant of arrest on me for not paying child support and I reside in Nigeria, they should just forget it cuz if I say I don't have money , I don't have! and I'm ready to proof it beyond reasonable doubt.

The laws in Europe/America favors women but you see, the law in Nigeria favors Men.

See life? its not acceptable when the law favours women inshort its considered inhuman, degrading and a bitter pill to swallow and should not be encouraged but when it favours the man, its considered sweet, nice, perfect and women should accept it or "go and die" now, where is the justice in that? Isnt the childs wellbeing more important than a man or womans ego? Shouldnt the child be given to whom ever can raise her the best? I tire o.

Some responses here scare me o. Its about men and women keeping ego afloat and no consideration for the childs welfare.

2 Likes

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2014
delishpot:

Some responses here scare me o. Its about men and women keeping ego afloat and no consideration for the childs welfare.

"Wonderful by everclear"

"Hey, ain't life wonderful? Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful... Isn't it wonderful now?"

I close my eyes when I get too sad
I think thoughts that I know are bad
Close my eyes and I count to ten
Hope it's over when I open them

I want the things that I had before
Like a Star Wars poster on my bedroom door
I wish I could count to ten
Make everything be wonderful again

Hope my mom and I hope my dad
Will figure out why they get so mad
Hear them scream, I hear them fight
They say bad words that make me wanna cry

Close my eyes when I go to bed
And I dream of angels who make me smile
I feel better when I hear them say
Everything will be wonderful someday

Promises mean everything when you're little
And the world's so big
I just don't understand how
You can smile with all those tears in your eyes
Tell me everything is wonderful now

Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now

I go to school and I run and play
I tell the kids that it's all okay
I laugh aloud so my friends won't know
When the bell rings I just don't wanna go home

Go to my room and I close my eyes
I make believe that I have a new life
I don't believe you when you say
Everything will be wonderful someday

Promises mean everything when you're little
And the world is so big
I just don't understand how
You can smile with all those tears in your eyes
When you tell me everything is wonderful now

No
No, I don't wanna hear you tell me everything is wonderful now
No
No, I don't wanna hear you tell me everything is wonderful now

I don't wanna hear you say
That I will understand someday
No, no, no, no
I don't wanna hear you say
You both have grown in a different way
No, no, no, no
I don't wanna meet your friends
And I don't wanna start over again
I just want my life to be the same
Just like it used to be
Some days I hate everything
I hate everything
Everyone and everything
Please don't tell me everything is wonderful now...

I don't wanna hear you tell me everything is wonderful now

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
i dont know what to believe anymore . .

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/10/16/exclusive-izuchukwu-ehiemere-father-of-alleged-kidnapped-by-grandma-2-year-old-nigerian-uk-girl-tells-bn-his-side-of-the-story/

There are two sides to every story.

When we published the story of the UK mum looking for her 2 year old daughter, Liya, who was allegedly kidnapped by her paternal grandmother, we hoped our post would at the very least help the mother locate her ‘missing’ child.

We all rejoiced when Liya was found, although there seemed to be missing pieces in the story.

Now Izuchukwu Ehiemere, Liya’s father has come forward to share his side of the story, amidst allegations of abandonment, kidnap and more.

Here’s Izu’s account:

“My name is Izuchukwu Ehiemere and I am the biological father of Miss Liya Tinuke Temidun Ehiemere. To be frank, I met Miss Moronke Fadoju (Liya’s mother) at the University of Hertfordshire, United Kingdom and we began a casual friendship at the time. We were not in a “binding” relationship, it was purely casual. This relationship/friendship did not last up to three months of which I was informed by her that she was pregnant with my child.
Izu 3.BellaNaija

Liya’s 1st Christmas

Naturally, I was surprised and in doubt but before I could make proper verifications, she had already informed everybody both domestically and internationally that myself and her were having a baby together. Furious at the time, admittedly I must have said some harsh things with which I regret till date but I accepted my responsibility and worked towards welcoming Liya into the world. I went as far as accommodating Moronke for some months as she had been evicted from her house. This idea didn’t go down well with my friends at the time but it was the right thing to do, up until my landlord discovered.

To cut that story short, I remained actively involved even when she got a new place because the baby was fast approaching. I helped with the baby shower party, purchasing the baby cot, baby essentials etc. as well as transporting her to the hospital to give birth, and thankfully I witnessed the birth of Liya. I remained a key figure from Day 1 helping Moronke run errands since she was so weak after birth. I could go on and on about how actively involved I was but the point drew near when I had to return to Nigeria for my NYSC some months after Liya’s 1st birthday. I am sorry if going to serve my country portrayed me as an absent father. It does hurt a lot when Moronke says I never wanted Liya and I have never been there for her. If I was never there for Liya, she had the right to name Liya whatever she deemed fit and deny me parental responsibility. There is a reason why her surname is Ehiemere.
Izu 2.BellaNaija

Feeding Liya

Given that I have PR (Editor’s Note: Parental Rights) to Liya, I share equal responsibility over Liya unless Moronke has a court order stating otherwise. During the period of my return to Nigeria, we had an agreement that the best way to help Moronke as a new mother, was by both mothers from the maternal and paternal side taking intervals to travel to the UK to babysit Liya and enable Moronke go back to University. An agreement both families as well as Moronke were very receptive to.
Izu 4.BellaNaija

Liya & her father, Izu

Labelling my mother as a squatter who relied on her assistance was very wrong. My mother handled every expenditure in Moronke’s household within her stay there and assisted to the best of her ability. (Bank Statements available as proof to that effect). My mother did not have to come to the UK but she did purely out of love, twice as a matter of fact.

Izu 5.BellaNaija

During her stay, things did not pan out well as my mother observed a lot of traits and behavioural patterns that could be of potential harm to the proper development of Liya. For good reasons, confidential information would not be disclosed here, but there is adequate evidence to prove our genuine concern for Liya’s welfare and wellbeing in the UK. Social Services were also involved and would know best. As a result of the potential risks to Liya’s welfare and wellbeing discovered, I granted my mother Power of Attorney to act on my behalf with matters regarding the welfare of Liya as I was not happy with the situation at hand and the best outcome was for Liya to be brought to Nigeria. Ronke’s family was informed that same day Liya arrived Nigeria including our exact location. Putting up that Instagram post on missing child was not called for, as they were duly informed. It seemed like a deliberate act to sabotage the good name of my family and indirectly hurt my mother.

i guess i can only feel sorry for the child

1 Like

Re: Court Orders Liya To Be Returned To Her Mum by Thomsbuky(m): 8:27pm On Oct 23, 2014
F117AA:
Will you shut up and get lost.
Do you know how many international laws US has broken?
I don't blame you.
If Nigeria had serious leaders, we would be too rich and powerful to kowtow to laws made for weak countries .
Go and tell china and russia to obey your laws.

Please, argue your point stop insulting people, never know who is on the other side.... Do you support Abduction of child? Yes or No? Her Majesty court decided, abducted child should be return back to Britain...Another morons like yourself, said its judge talk, some of you lack respect for decency, don't respect common laws, some of the reason why our country is backward. Common people doing and support right thing will help a lot toward developing that country... Nigerians always blaming our government, for everything, bad fruits begot another. However, I believe common good deeds and gesture toward people , community at large, knowing your right from wrong will be a step in right direction to building prosperous country.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong With A Wife Buying A Property In Her Name? / 23 Ways To Win Over Your Mother-in-law / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.