Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children (15464 Views)

His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House / Why Do Some Parents Insult Their Children? / Some Parents Dress Their Kids Irresponsibly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by anthoniaz(f): 9:43am On Oct 22, 2014
I blame the elder sister.My younger sister cannot come to my house and start telling me to tell my hubby to help her with house chores. She belittled her husband and that gave that girl the guts to disrespect the man in that manner.Even working class women take care of their homes, if the husband wants to help, then fine but not you as a married woman leaving your duties to your husband and sister just because he stays at home all day.
I'll understand if it's the elder sister that is complaining that her husband doesn't help her and it's just the two of them in the house.The way you treat your husband in presence of friends and family is the way they will treat him because you have given tbem the permission.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by sarutobie(m): 10:34am On Oct 22, 2014
anthoniaz:
I blame the elder sister.My younger sister cannot come to my house and start telling me to tell my hubby to help her with house chores. She belittled her husband and that gave that girl the guts to disrespect the man in that manner.Even working class women take care of their homes, if the husband wants to help, then fine but not you as a married woman leaving your duties to your husband and sister just because he stays at home all day.
I'll understand if it's the elder sister that is complaining that her husband doesn't help her and it's just the two of them in the house.The way you treat your husband in presence of friends and family is the way they will treat him because you have given tbem the permission.
this right here is the crux of the matter..every other post here is irrelevant and nigh stupid..
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
aisha2:

How exactly does that statement mean she lacks inner peace? Abegiii
When any woman comes here maligns and abuses fellow women needlessly and uses the feminist word she automatically becomes una hero and so anything she says is right anyone who dares to differ is the one you attack with power and might.

Carefreewannabe abeg leave this issue, the poster has identified you as feminist so as expected they will all gather for blood just because.

kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by ogele: 1:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
moca:
So here, pple always except some folks to comment in a particular manner?
I noticed that in my other account(one of d reason I cleaned it up)
No freedom of expression anymore cos u want to maintain an image?

Ok o.

@topic, poster, I stopd reading when u said in ur place, its a taboo for a man to do house chores. I can't read beyond that abeg.

And those shouting feminism, pls wake up!
When u marry, kill ur wife with work cos u wanna prove u r a man or better still arrange for an infact as housemaid that can be a side chick when madam looks d other way.

And how can nigeria become a developed country with cave man mentality everywhere.
You are a very funny person. Laugh wan kill me oh! Thumb up!!!
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Polygamy is just wonderful. grin
What a lovely, united family. grin

Some women learned to compete in the globalized world, others learned to compete against their own family members. grin

Yet, the monogamous one in the OP is united and harmonious?.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
Amelian:
Secondly, what kind of chores do u want him 2 assist you with? how about yur sis? cant she assist u?.. she said her sis sells wears , but why cant her sis husband help out in cooking, washing and taking care of his own kids..? I smiled, when she said so.
ok, number 3.... what did yur sis say about all these? she said her sis had 2 support her cos they are family. so the husband got fedup and more agry , and threw her out of the house, and that she has no where 2 go.. I then asked her, what of your boyfriend? what did he say? she said her bf stays in one room with his youngest sister and so he cant accommodate her and she just want 2 move out and she's fedup.
I shook my head and told her, that look let me advise you. First, in my hometown o, where I come from. Its a great insult for a wife or even an inlaw 2 insist that a husband do house chores. whats even in this house chores, that u and yur sis cant handle? why bring d husband into it? she said ehhhh, he doesn't go out everymorning for jobs, so he shud help out in cleaning... I just looked at her and said, if am a man, and my wife or inlaw says such to me in my own house? they will go back to their father's house. u don't demand such from a man, no matter what. if he wants 2 help, let him make that decision and help willing, if he doesn't? so be it. and u even stopped washing his clothes? why wont he get angry and throw u out?
any of your frnds that are telling u 2 park and come live with them, are deceiving u... if u move with any of your frnds, grumbling and quarrel will start and u will regret living yur sis house.
Now, go back home... place yur pride behind u, and beg your sister's husband, hes still d man of the house. while u are a woman. beg him 2 forgive u, and be submissive. then your sis... pls tell her that I said no man is forced to doing house chores, especially when hes married... he has lost his job, [its just for a period of time, and all he has Now is his pride , and thank God hes still fulfilling some financial duties expected of him.
as , I am look at me very well, I don't compel or grumble at my husband to do house chores. or 2 even cook, and I earn more than him.. but I will never make him do house chores ... I make sure am home before 4pm to get his dinner and myself ready.... forget my class or status, when it comes 2 home, am a woman not a fellow man... so pls be submissive and erase this idea that husband must do house chores... me, I cant take u in 2 stay with me, so u better go back and beg him ...then sit yur sister down and talk 2 her to help with the chores too... been lazy will not help her especially when old age creeps in sad
Most modern women like to lie to themselves. This, right here, is the conclusion of the whole matter. And the part in bold is just standard reward for the ingrate SIL. Nothing new there. The husband should use the money he spent in caring for her to take his clothes to the drycleaner. Abi she thinks he plucked the money for the food and shelter she enjoyed from living with from the air?

Amelian abeg, you get sister? My younger brother dey find wife. Na beg I dey grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
freshdude2:
Most modern women like to lie to themselves. This, right here, is the conclusion of the whole matter. And the part in bold is just standard reward for the ingrate SIL. Nothing new there. The husband should use the money he spent in caring for her to take his clothes to the drycleaner. Abi she thinks he plucked the money for the food and shelter she enjoyed from living with from the air?

Amelian abeg, you get sister? My younger brother dey find wife. Na beg I dey grin grin

grin grin ;Dyou too funny freshdude....lol..

fortunately am the last recent married lady in my family. Every other ones are long married with kids in their husband's house.
God will give your younger brother , his own wife sooner than he expects. cheesy
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2014
Amelian:

grin grin ;Dyou too funny freshdude....lol..

fortunately am the last recent married lady in my family. Every other ones are long married with kids in their husband's house.
God will give your younger brother , his own wife sooner than he expects. cheesy
Amin, Jesu. Ose omo daadaa. grin Cheers.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
looool....the ills and degrading brainwash that polygamy brings. To each his own sha.

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 22, 2014
Talon05:

To you it is collective backwardness, to me it is a collective "thoughtfulness" on their part to make sure a fellow NLer finds peace and comfort that has so eluded her.

Stop reporting to the mods, they can't save you.

LMAO @ "fixed-bitch". Is that what your father says when he is coming in your mouth?
I know your middle name is AKA47, your parents wished they had killed you after birth. Even they, realized the mistake of nature they had dropped on an unsuspecting world.

You are a dog-faced spawn of a boil-ridden anus, a mere t*wat swizzling cum receptacle. You are a walking vomit, a meaning less void. If the c*unt faced gremlin you call a mother had any class, she would have aborted you.

I guess the a*ss whooping you're getting from me is confusing you, I'm not your father. He is the only one that get aroused at the sight of a test1cle-shitt1ng-rectal-wart.

My dog has class, he can never mate your b1tch mother. Stop forcing the hairy-nippled goat sucking black trumpet cunt you call a mother on it. It wouldn't even piss on your trashy a*Ss mother if she was on fire.

No one is attracted to your b1tch faced mother except her brother-your father.

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 23, 2014
BananaBender:

Stop reporting to the mods, they can't save you.

LMAO @ "fixed-bitch". Is that what your father says when he is coming in your mouth?
I know your middle name is AKA47, your parents wished they had killed you after birth. Even they, realized the mistake of nature they had dropped on an unsuspecting world.

You are a dog-faced spawn of a boil-ridden anus, a mere t*wat swizzling cum receptacle. You are a walking vomit, a meaning less void. If the c*unt faced gremlin you call a mother had any class, she would have aborted you.

I guess the a*ss whooping you're getting from me is confusing you, I'm not your father. He is the only one that get aroused at the sight of a test1cle-shitt1ng-rectal-wart.

My dog has class, he can never mate your b1tch mother. Stop forcing the hairy-nippled goat sucking black trumpet cunt you call a mother on it. It wouldn't even piss on your trashy a*Ss mother if she was on fire.

No one is attracted to your b1tch faced mother except her brother-your father.
I wonder the kind of men that marry women like you. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 23, 2014
UjSizzle:
Very entertaining section on a hot day grin

My only problem with this young girl is the level of her confusion. If you think men should help out in the home, then he should do so irrespective of his employment status. If you think he shouldn't, same goes. But to wake up one morning and decide he must help because now he's unemployed? undecided even though he's proven to be capable in keeping his own end of providing finances.

Anyway, I think men should help out when they can (and make out time even when they think they can't sef). It's hard juggling work and house chores and feels bad when the men are lounging around doing nothing.

Is this even a feminist thing? undecided

My gosh, don't you know? On Nairaland, everything is a "feminist" thing cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by soonest(f): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Let me not comment since I'm a masculivoore
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 6:26pm On Oct 23, 2014
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Stillfire: 11:44pm On Oct 23, 2014
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.

8 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by soulglo: 2:27am On Oct 24, 2014
Stillfire:
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.

In her defense, I probably might have taken a similar tone in describing a woman like the OP. I generally find it hard to disguise my disgust at women like the OP. So I think we should ltry to look at it from what she knows. How she was nurtured. In my world, woman like her are seen as non achieving and mentally lazy but in her world women like me are not even women. There are men who are okay with that just like there are men who wouldn't bring that home to their family. I'm sure if you had a brother and he brought a woman home that sounds like this the family might be taken aback. Imagine that the OP had a son who brought home a woman who sounds like you. The OP will start running from church to church to pray the woman out of her sons life

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2014
soulglo:

In her defense, I probably might have taken a similar tone in describing a woman like the OP. I generally find it hard to disguise my disgust at women like the OP. So I think we should ltry to look at it from what she knows. How she was nurtured. In my world, woman like her are seen as non achieving and mentally lazy but in her world women like me are not even women. There are men who are okay with that just like there are men who wouldn't bring that home to their family. I'm sure if you had a brother and he brought a woman home that sounds like this the family might be taken aback. Imagine that the OP had a son who brought home a woman who sounds like you. The OP will start running from church to church to pray the woman out of her sons life
grin grin

Stillfire:
What kind of crass, backward thread is this? So you couldn't advise this girl without acting saintly? [b]Some of you women are sick, more misogynistic than the misogynists. [/b]You now came on NL to congratulate yourself, so that razz people like yourself will give you a pat on the back. I should have stopped reading the crap when I saw the textspeak and the construction of the grammar which usually tells me the author's conversations would most likely revolve around the level of dry, sappy, insipid and downright boring. You could have advised her without the unnecessary hyping of yourself and maligning other women. Rubbish.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by slimyem: 9:10am On Oct 24, 2014
My own problem is why is anyone handwashing anyone's clothes in 2014 when washing machines are so affordable? tongue
If the oga himself or the oga madam had thought of getting one, the sister would not have been overwhelmed, would have had no reason to think lowly of oga and wouldn't have gone to the op in the first place. This thread would not have been created tongue tongue
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by MadCow1: 9:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Came in to read the main post...

Too funny!!

The only problem I see in that story is an ungrateful, unappreciative, unemployed, uncouth, ill-mannered, disrespectful, homeless Girl who tried to break up her Sisters marital home.

That dumb Biitch has no right to be making decisions in her sisters marital home. If she feels the chores are too much, she can tell them.. If they feel she's of no use to them for that and therefore a burden, they can evict her stupiid arse..
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 9:27am On Oct 24, 2014
moca:
So here, pple always except some folks to comment in a particular manner?
I noticed that in my other account(one of d reason I cleaned it up)
No freedom of expression anymore cos u want to maintain an image?

Ok o.

@topic, poster, I stopd reading when u said in ur place, its a taboo for a man to do house chores. I can't read beyond that abeg.

And those shouting feminism, pls wake up!
When u marry, kill ur wife with work cos u wanna prove u r a man or better still arrange for an infact as housemaid that can be a side chick when madam looks d other way.

And how can nigeria become a developed country with cave man mentality everywhere.
Babe thank you for this comment , abeg told those monkwatic back to the nearnderthal ages .
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by LORDI(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2014
Those days have past,am a feminist and I believe in gender equality,why won't the man help jhoor,so he just sit's around all day,doing nothing!!.....mtcheeew abegi.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Stillfire: 11:33am On Oct 24, 2014
soulglo:

Lol. The stench of 'pull her down' syndrome must be eradicated. I'm yet to see consistent male posters here starting up a thread and chastising their fellow men on their vices which is even more numerous and heart wrenching than the female vice. Imagine somebody like Coogar starting up a thread with a saintly cloak, 'advising' other men on how men should not cheat on their wives and men who cheat on their wives are... ill-mannered . grin But on the other hand you find women policing other women as if women don't have enough on their plate. I don't blame the OP. All of this stems from old roots where women had to compete among themselves, enhancing their manipulative skills to garner favors from men.

4 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by TV01(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stillfire:
All of this stems from old roots where women had to compete among themselves, enhancing their manipulative skills to garner favors from men.
...it's a good thing we've put a stop to that!

TV
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by bukatyne(f): 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stillfire:

Lol. The stench of 'pull her down' syndrome must be eradicated. I'm yet to see consistent male posters here starting up a thread and chastising their fellow men on their vices which is even more numerous and heart wrenching than the female vice. Imagine somebody like Coogar starting up a thread with a saintly cloak, 'advising' other men on how men should not cheat on their wives and men who cheat on their wives are... ill-mannered . grin But on the other hand you find women policing other women as if women don't have enough on their plate. I don't blame the OP. All of this stems from old roots where women had to compete among themselves, enhancing their manipulative skills to garner favors from men.

I wonder so too
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stillfire:

All these women shey you wont log off nairaland and go and give una husbands fresh fish orishirishi and big turkey meat. Shey na when another woman give am he come carry all him money dash am una go shout competition grin ( pun intended)

2 Likes

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Stillfire: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
aisha2:

All these women shey you wont log off nairaland and go and give una husbands fresh fish orishirishi and big turkey meat. Shey na when another woman give am he come carry all him money dash am una go shout competition grin ( pun intended)

Lol, aisha. As you grow older you begin to understand this competition excites the men. 2-3 women fighting over me, woohoo. grin

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stillfire:

Lol, aisha. As you grow older you begin to understand this competition excites the men. 2-3 women fighting over me, woohoo. grin

Yes oh. Fighting, gossiping, plotting against each other while feeding the man different assorted meals. Dont forget praying tirelessly for the other womens kids to fail so we can prove how much of a failure the other wives are and how much better wives and mothers we are.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Stillfire: 5:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
aisha2:

Yes oh. Fighting, gossiping, plotting against each other while feeding the man different assorted meals.

Lol. grin grin grin grin

Dont forget praying tirelessly for the other womens kids to fail so we can prove how much of a failure the other wives are and how much better wives and mothers we are.

Hmmm. cry
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by troy20(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
just because someone has to be under your debt doesnt have to mean he/she has to slave it out.exploiting the tough economy to humiliate and reduce their sense of self worth because you are at a certain advantage than they are is terrible.believe me there is nothing worse than making someone feel this way.she is not under any obligation to wash the husbands clothes.sad really.
Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by donodion(m): 6:08am On Oct 25, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Polygamy is just wonderful. grin
What a lovely, united family. grin

Some women learned to compete in the globalized world, others learned to compete against their own family members. grin

And it works in their situation as against contrary views. So?

1 Like

Re: Only God Knows What Some Parents Are Teaching Their Grown Up Children by Nobody: 11:11am On Oct 25, 2014
donodion:

And it works in their situation as against contrary views. So?

It obviously didn't work so well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / Any Man That Can Be Controlled By A Woman Is Still A Boy – Reno Omokri / My Husband Is Gay!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.