Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? (23027 Views)

#throwbaq: "Ladies: Would You Marry A Younger Man?" By Seun / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by HRHQueen: 3:47pm On May 29, 2009
Ladies, , ehm , and gentlemen.

I did -- yes, i married a younger man (almost eight years younger). My God did he chase me!!!!!!

He did not give me one second chance. He knew my age; I am an achiever, no need to hide my age. He had a lot of ideas that only someone modern would have and two of together, our love and our business have grown A LOT.

5 years down the line, he can't be where I am not and same with me. All business meetings anywhere in the world, if I am not to attend the actual meeting, I wait in our hotel room or go shopping. Great sex life, beautiful sons, etc. God be praise.

I resisted it so much and for so long. I had gone through divorce – (an older man) and I felt he was insulting me ,  you know, because I was alone. In fact the first time he mention to me that he was in love with me, I told him without mixing my words, that if that insult falls out of his mouth again, I will get one of my younger ones to recreate his mouth. Trust me I do have brothers that can do it and he knew it.

But that seemed to make matters worse, he told me he had no apologies for what he felt and I had watch because it will happen. He called, sent cards, emails, flowers, gifts of all sorts, etc. But never stalked nor bothered me.

Eventually, after 11 months, I gave in and my life took off for the better. Now we joke about it and some of our friends that was not so sure are so happy for us.

I believe that is an individual thing, but my opinion now is totally different from what it was six years ago. Follow your heart.

HRH.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nabena06: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hmmmm - If I can't tell his (young(er)) age by looking @him, talking to him or just generally relating with him on a mental level then yes I will, otherwise i can't meet up wink
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 27, 2011
Yes i can if my heart is in it.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by MrsChima(f): 2:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
No.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by claremont(m): 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2011
Age is often described as "mind over matter"; if you don't mind, it really doesn't matter! cheesy grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2011
I would marry a younger man
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jul 27, 2011
i don't think so.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by MrsChima(f): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hey sis! kiss
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by jaybee3(m): 3:06pm On Jul 27, 2011
Hey momma grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by MrsChima(f): 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2011
Bite my ENTIRE ARSE.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by jaybee3(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2011
Too damn big
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by MrsChima(f): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2011
That's all right! Mr. Chima ain't complaining! tongue tongue tongue
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 27, 2011
lmao@ chima & jaybee! grin grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by horny4u(f): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2011
Will date a younger guy but not marry undecided
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by ronkebp(f): 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2011
if the guy is as handsome as the ghanian guy that acted in the movie'perfect picture' with Jackie Apaiah, i would definitely date and marry him, kiss
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 16, 2011
In a country lyk naija wit deep cultural n traditional roots,most ladies wil run away from marrying a younger guy.d gossips abt u fit even reach nta news, howeva people forget d basic tin about d essence of marriage;whic is happiness for d rest of ur lyf in a committed relationshp.d person dat can make u hapi isnt limited to age,or even religion,or skin color sef, its ultimately abt bin wit d person dat ur most intimately,deeply,spiritually and subconsciously connected to, wu ever dat person is,weda hes six years younger,ur lyf will be lyk heaven on earth, trust me, its abt wu u r conncted to most,regardles of age, marriage to older men,has it slowed down d rate of divorce n infidelityGuess not, so wu wants to mari me??Lolunger,ur lyf will be lyk heaven on earth, trust me, its abt wu u r conncted to most,regardles of age, marriage to older men,has it slowed down d rate of divorce n infidelityGuess not, so wu wants to mari me??Lol
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by kemcin: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2011
There's nothin wrong with that,but as for me,i wont cos of the stigma'
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by juleze(f): 9:17pm On May 16, 2022
Ra:

You see, this is where some people get it wrong. When a woman or a man for all that matters, decides to date outside their normal circle (age-wise, social standing, class etc) simply because they're, so to speak, advancing in age, it hardly ever works. Where a woman who is so mature and finds it a challenge carrying on an intellectually stimulating affair/relationship with even her mates decides to descend to dating a younger guy simply because she's 35, she is, to me, sitting idly on the verge of desperation and inevitable heart break. Sometimes she ends up loosing a lot of money to the guy before she realises what exactly he wanted from her in the first place. It would never work. I therefore maintain my position... it's simply not worth my time, emotion or and resources. Finito!

It's not always a case of desperation but we need to know that when she's 35+ a younger man, hopefully, is in his 30s and so matured. For example, he may be 33 while she's 36; this means he's more matured and more viable for a relationship than when he was 26.
At this age, the percentage difference between them is less; when he was 26, it would have been 10% but at 34, there's only an 8% difference in age, and it reduces as they both mature in age.

Desperation is going for a man who she's incompatible with on various levels regardless of age.
Deciding to go for a man that's younger, after rejecting the idea previously, is simply an update of ideals rather than a lowering of standard. The age of a man isn't a determinant of much when it comes to standard compared to values like character, personality, thought pattern, prudence, wisdom etc.
Besides, the woman may realise that it's an advantage going for a man a few years younger that's mentally alert, intellectually stronger and potentially more virile, than a man few years older than her.
Also, he's probably doing better, professionally and financially, than even the older men she knows.

Ps: I've seen a girl of 18 year old saying she would slap her 16 year old brother if he spoke like her former boss (who's a friend of mine), who's in his 40s. So much for age being a standard.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2022
Seun:
I disagree. Relationship-wise, a 20 year old lady is more mature than a 20 year old boy. But that is simply because ladies spend all their time thinking about Relationships!

I have met many men my age or younger who have "mentality and visions or expectations" far beyond mine, but it's hard to say I have met more than 3 women my age or younger who have "mentality and visions or expectations" equal to or above mine. That is why most of my female friends are older than me. All of them.

Relationship-wise, women are more mature. But this is because they spend all their time thinking about relationships (and housework tongue).
THANX ALOT CEO.
THAT WOMEN MATURE EARLIER THAN MEN ONLY IMPLIES TO PUBERTY AND HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MODE OF EXPECTATIONS.

THE EXPECTATION OF A 20YEARS OLD MAN IS FAR HIGHER THAN THAT OF A 25YEARS OLD WOMAN.

THE REASON THEY CNT DATE A YOUNGER MAN IS BECUS OF RESPECT FACTOR, AND THATS ALL.

FORGIVE MY CAPLOCK WRITING
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Akuruoulo(m): 11:24am On Nov 30, 2022
hotpikin:
No way! I can't marry a younger guy. I know I'd feel too big for him or something rolleyes

May I ask a question? How old are you?

UPDATE: Uh ... never mind.
Perfectly said
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Akuruoulo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 30, 2022
Creamish:
I'l date and marry any guy datz my age and more, as long as we were born d same year, its aii, but any year younger is a no no for me!
Weird feelings
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Sirchiboy: 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
Yes
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by ChuksHills(m): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Rhodalyn:
never in a million years would i do that it's just not right for me

What of If the guy has everything you want in a Man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lads Arrange Order Of Preferred Attributes In Women / Beautiful Pre-wedding Photos of Nairalanders / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple Who Met On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.