Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? (23023 Views)

#throwbaq: "Ladies: Would You Marry A Younger Man?" By Seun / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by sillyboy(m): 5:19pm On Jun 08, 2007
I totally disagree with you viee on this. Age doesn't really come into this. All that matters is mutual understanding and proper firing of one another. I gone out with a lady who was over 6 years older than me while I was doing my Youth Corp, and believe me, it's one of the best and refreshing relationships have ever been into.

Moreover. Young blood go mix with old and produce lovely warm "koko" action. tongue
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by LADUNDE(f): 5:42pm On Jun 08, 2007
Y not? Hav had 2 relatnships wit younger guys.it depends on d guy's maturity nd exposure nd d lady's maturity as wel.fortunately i dnt luk my age so mostly i attract younger guys. I tel u tis refreshing
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by tlops(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2007
well as a guy, I have never really had a relationship with a younger lady.the once I tried it was tough, But most of my female friends are older than me infact all.one thing is I dont hide my age, so anyone not interested need not hide.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by redwoman(f): 3:28pm On Jun 28, 2007
I did and i see no difference, my first husband was older than me and my second (and Last) is younger, it just depends on the individuals and their level of maturity. I find that we have alot in common and that is the key.

Redwoman
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by kilasos(f): 10:59am On Aug 01, 2007
no,i would try to make himm grow up too fast and believe me its too much stress.except by divine intervention.
i have to add that i have seen some younger guys who are more matured than guys in their 30s.actually mmmmmm.not sure.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by ChiefS(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2007
My wife is 14 months older than I am and we are having a wonderful marriage.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by estylove1(f): 10:31am On Aug 02, 2007
age is noting but numbers. i dont mind dating or even marrying a younger guy infact the guy am dating presently is younger than i am and to be sincere he looks much older than me facially and even intellectually he is much more matured so i dont see anyting wrong with dating or marrying a younger guy if u truly love him come to think of it i dont even think of it at all

see if u love someone the respect you would have for the person will flow whether he is older or younger some ladies disrepect guys that are older than them so dont think that ladies only respect guys that are older you can actually respect guys older or younger than you if you truly love them and if they mean so much to u
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by atutupoyo(f): 6:21pm On Sep 23, 2007
Na I can't marry a guy younger than me or my age mate he has to be older( like 6yrs)
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by kunz: 2:31pm On Oct 05, 2007
Nike thats a nice one.I'ld like to have a chat with you,if you don't mind.
+234-702 802 1981.Thanks
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by LadyTi1(f): 6:15pm On Oct 05, 2007
I've always maintained that I could never date/marry a man younger than me. I prefer an older man - ideally 5 - 10 years older - because women mature faster than men. This is an ideal situation BUT there are exceptions to every rule. So to avoid missing out on my blessing, I have reached a compromise ahead of time, that if I met a younger man, I would consider it if:

- he's just a few months  younger [or at most a year]

- I only found out his age after I've gotten to know/like him

- it's not obvious in terms of physical appearance, that he is younger.
    Don't want to be looking like no man's mama  grin
    (Well, shouldn't be a problem because people always think I'm 10 years
    younger than my actual age -  blessed or what?
  tongue )

- most importantly - if it doesn't bother him one bit that I'm older and
    he is as mature [or even better, more mature] spiritually,
    emotionally, mentally, financially --- etc
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by havanah: 10:00pm On Oct 05, 2007
i dont think that there is a problem with that, being older doesnt mean more mature in many cases, a lot of men r looking for older women these days cause they r more comfortable with them selves and more active in certain ways cause a female peak is at her thirties, while females r now looking for younger men cause they r more fun and sometimes more understanding than the older ones, ive dated a man of a couple of years older and another of a couple of years younger and i didnt feel a difference in maturity it all depends on the guy not the age and whther u accept it in the back of ur mind or not
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by diyobdw(f): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2007
2 year younger yes more than that would be considered but i doubt if even he wont have a problem with that!
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by djcrucifix(m): 3:06pm On Oct 26, 2007
i would say that there is nothing wrong with that smiley
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by simplysmat(m): 3:16pm On Oct 26, 2007
All you girls just dey talk. I think when it comes to all these things, its almost always out of your hands.
You dont meet a guy and start asking, "How old are you?" and before you know whats happening, you've fallen flat. FLAT. and it will be too late for you to turn back.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by segzicres(m): 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2007
what's wrong with the ladies? they all like to front.
when they see a younger man who's rich the age thing wuld be forgotten.
Age is just a freaking number that's all it is.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by knzguru(m): 3:00am On Oct 27, 2007
hi ladies

i'm single, handsome, rich and i know how to treat (and love) a lady.

okay maybe i'm not so handsome but giv a brother a break, cant have it all now can i

(all that talk about younger guy or not doesn't count now does it?)
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by nikkylolly(f): 3:29am On Oct 27, 2007
Its about maturity and not the age.

So, yes I will but only about 2yrs younger though.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 3:59am On Oct 27, 2007
i have always considered age nothing but a number

but i realise that society seems to put a lot of weight to it

even jobs discriminate age wise

with all the above
i would date/marry a younger man if
1) he oozed confidence in himself and what he can become -now i dont mean arrogance but some self-esteem
2) if he could laugh abt any age difference( u know sumfin we could joke abt even in front of others) i dont need someone who's sensitive abt it. I know my worth and it doesnt come with an age tag
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by mel4real(f): 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2007
Been seeking advice on this same topic. Have a friend who is two years younger than I am but insists on dating and possibly marriage (ie, if I ever agree). Never thot of marrying a younger guy but have dated one before and there was really no stress cos he was very matured and stuff, but marriage, ouch!

Tanx for all the gists i got grom u nairalanders, changed my views to be that i'll marry a younger guy if:

We love each other
REspect each other and even forget that there's an age issue
I don't look older than him(dat's very important)
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by spoilt(f): 2:40am On Mar 16, 2008
i did. i'm in heaven.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by sammyjl(f): 2:44pm On Mar 19, 2008
cheesy Ya I would, wats wrong with that?If he treats me good and loves me unconditionally, i would. Heck I am 26 and people think I am 18 years old. Damn!! If he even acts mature, heck thats even better for me, if he doesnt, i'll drop him like America bombed Iraq.

Maturity, respect, care, love and understanding are some of those characters that are NB in any relationship, heck u will find a grown ass man and yet he acts like a teenager, puhleeze.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by BUNMIAYO: 12:13pm On May 14, 2008
FOR ME WOULD NOT LIKE TO MARRY A GUY WHO IS YOUNGER THAN ME.MAY BE IT PSYCHOLOGICAL, MAMBA CAN JUST EXPLAIN.I WILL TO MARRY A GUY 7-10 YEARS OLDER THAN ME.IT FUNNY ALTHOUGH.BUT THAT MY STAND.

MAMBA YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THAT COMMENT YOU MADE

SOLO2.I WOULD NT BELIEVE YOU BECAUSE AS A PERSON IF I LOVE YOU I WILL LET YOU KNOW.I WILL NOT DIE IN SILENCE.I WILL HAVE SLEEPLESS NIGHT THINKING ABOUT IT WHILE THAT GUY WILL BE SLEEPING WELL. I WILL TELL HIM SO THAT I CAN SLEEP WILL AND FOCUS WELL.SO YOUR COMMENT IS NOT TRUE.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by angelq(f): 1:06pm On May 14, 2008
In the midst of all you guys have said.

what would you all think of some one at the age of 21 as at 2008 that is engaged to be married with a guy aged 33?
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by nekkyo(f): 1:52pm On May 14, 2008
on my own, No cos i want to feel and know my man is my senior and on top of everyyyy, but to be sincere age has nothing to do with the Koko which is CHARACTER. once the guy is matured and on top of his game, he is good to goooooooooo
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Choco(f): 3:00pm On May 14, 2008
no
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yes.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by ebyeby: 4:46pm On Aug 25, 2008
I can't do it How can I marry a man that I'm older than that is folked-up, it is not adviceable pls. I will a man that can do it more better not all this small boys. I'm a small girl going out with a small boy don't u know that is big cheat. See I dey vex o
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Badriyyah(f): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2009
LoL, This is funny, the fact that most people here think Maturity comes with age is amazing. I have seen loads of men who are older than me yet it seems they skipped maturity.

Would I marry a younger man? Yes, I would.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by yme1(f): 1:15pm On Mar 10, 2009
There is nothing wrong with it,but as for me i dont i can
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by tytylayor: 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2009
kini big deal? but i can't, i swear cool
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by yme1(f): 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2009
tytylayor abeg you dey feel me
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Enamorada: 5:25am On Mar 18, 2009
I'm 9 yrs older than my man. We are in love an planning to marry. It did take him a while to overcome the age issues though. It can work if you are comfortable with each other

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Gettin Old, & I Am Serious! / Guys, 7 Things We Need To Stop Doing This Year – Nigeria Online Business / Lads Arrange Order Of Preferred Attributes In Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.