Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,417 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:11 AM

Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? (22982 Views)

#throwbaq: "Ladies: Would You Marry A Younger Man?" By Seun / Ladies, Can You Date A Younger Guy? / Naija Girls, Would You Date A Younger Guy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Seun(m): 2:25pm On May 10, 2005
Hello,

As a sequel to our thread for men titled "would you date an older girl?", here is a question for the ladies.

Would you marry a man who is younger than you? Why or why not?

Seun.

Related: Would You Date A Man Younger Than You?

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Ra(f): 3:59pm On May 10, 2005
I most certainly would not! It's tough enough coping with those barely a few years older!
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by tayotina(f): 4:18pm On May 10, 2005
I cannot date a guy who is less than 4 years older than me so marrying a younger man is out of the question.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Seun(m): 5:07pm On May 10, 2005
Why must your man be older than you?

(I mean, many of the younger men have no problem dating girls older than them and some are even willing to marry a girl who is older ... it appears the reverse is not the case, or am I missing something?)
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by dominobaby(f): 5:59pm On May 10, 2005
I feel more comfortable when I am dating a guy older than me ([I]and please not more than 2-3 yrs).[/I]

[I]ed: In answer to, "would you marry a younger man?"[/I]
Well, if he really is the man for me, why not? ([I]but abeg not up to a year younger[/I])
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Chigszy(f): 11:30pm On May 10, 2005
Well, I will date a guy who is not more than 2 years older than me (depends though, but as I grow older I might increase that number to 4). So, no I will not marry a younger man.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by mamba(m): 8:57am On May 11, 2005
Ra:

I most certainly would not! It's tough enough coping with those barely a few years older!

coping as in

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Mondunc(f): 9:01am On May 11, 2005
I don't think I can do such a thing but I guess it depends on personality and character. There are those guys  who are older but without character & integrity whereas there the younger guys who what they have in them is far better than 10 older guys put together. It also depend on the understanding and maturity of the individuals involved.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by solo2(m): 11:42am On May 11, 2005
Because of shame, a lady cannot inform a guy how much she loves him. For the same reason, they won't go out to date a youger guy (though some will do it without exposure).
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by delarontus(f): 3:23pm On May 11, 2005
It depends on the level of maturity exhibited by the guy which is usually not much! I do not think so.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by amaka(f): 6:15pm On May 11, 2005
yes i will like to marry a younger man but not actually the one i senior because i cant cope with their demands.

but if it is the one that senior me but still much younger, why not i will marry him because we will bear up children on time

Amaka

Lagos

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by hope(f): 11:53pm On May 11, 2005
I would marry a man who is younger than me with condition, if i am one to three month older than him.mind you years is just number it don't mean anything .

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by dominobaby(f): 8:20am On May 12, 2005
Amaka, seems I am getting things all mixed up here.
If he is your senior, then he is no longer younger than you are.
could you please rephrase your statement?
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Ra(f): 10:51am On May 12, 2005
You beat me to it, dominobaby. Yeah, hope and amaka have me confused with the mix up on marrying a younger guy only if they're older or something of the sort. Please clarify that for us if you can babes.

Anyways, to answer your question mamba, it is common knowledge that girls mature faster than those of the opposite sex. There is no way you can compare the mentality and vision or expectations of a 20 year old lady to that of a 20 year old boy. I know there are exceptions to the case, but that is all they are ..... exceptions. I cannot begin to imagine myslf dating a guy who is exactly my age mate or even a mere year older. It becomes painfully obvious therefore that dating a younger guy is alarmingly out of the question. No offence meant but guys usually have a lot of growing up to do. So much so that it lasts some of them their lifetime. For those who can handle it and have the required tolerance level for it, by all means, have fun, but as for me........ thanks but no thanks.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Seun(m): 4:54pm On May 16, 2005
I disagree. Relationship-wise, a 20 year old lady is more mature than a 20 year old boy. But that is simply because ladies spend all their time thinking about Relationships!

I have met many men my age or younger who have "mentality and visions or expectations" far beyond mine, but it's hard to say I have met more than 3 women my age or younger who have "mentality and visions or expectations" equal to or above mine. That is why most of my female friends are older than me. All of them.

Relationship-wise, women are more mature. But this is because they spend all their time thinking about relationships (and housework tongue).

3 Likes

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by hotpikin(f): 2:09pm On May 25, 2005
No way! I can't marry a younger guy. I know I'd feel too big for him or something rolleyes

seun: Relationship-wise, women are more mature. But this is because they spend all their time thinking about relationships (and housework tongue)
May I ask a question? How old are you?

UPDATE: Uh ... never mind.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by mosiate(f): 12:31pm On Jun 03, 2005
i will only date a guy who is younger than me if only i don't know his age b/4 we start the relationship,but if i know know his age(even if i love him)i will never date him.B'coz i would not respect him, it will always be on my mind that i'm older than him.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by hotangel2(f): 9:28am On Jul 04, 2005
Love does crazy stuff. if the guy i happen to fall in crazy love with is a younger guy and if he acts wiser than most older men do, i will marry him.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by matrix(m): 9:35am On Jul 04, 2005
seun, i love your response...Damn was it good.Ride on
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by love4ever(f): 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2005
me sha i would marry a man who is my senior but wth no more than one,two or three years or rather i marry a man who is my age
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by anugirl(f): 3:07pm On Jul 04, 2005
I prefer dating guys dat are 3/4 years older than me, b'cos they tend 2 be more matured.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Greatpeter(m): 5:58pm On Jul 04, 2005
There is nothing wrong with it.
I have seen the same scenerio.
The former boss married a relatively older woman.
Yet there was respect and love in the family.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Ra(f): 12:58am On Jul 15, 2005
I could have sworn I answered this question before, but erm.... NO

Answer remains the same, it would seem.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by CalabarMan(m): 8:23am On Jul 15, 2005
I told you guys somewhere about my very close friend whom I was attracted to and didn't sleep with for fear of ruining the friendship. She got married to a guy 1 year younger than her. She used to feel she couldn't date nor marry anyone younger than her, but at the age of 31 and still single, she relaxed a bit, she had her doubts about the guy especially on the age issue when they started dating and use to discuss it at length with me. Eventually she got to like and respect him for his maturity and experience in life (the guy actually runs his own business). When she was getting married I told her never to see him as a small boy even when they have their inevitable quarrels, as much as possible she should always respect him as the head of the home afterall na so bible talk am.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by mamba(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2005
That's a very good example from calabarman for y'all ladies in da house!

By the time you're 35 & still single, I'm sure you'll accept a younger man for marriage.... abi? .... grin
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by pkrix(m): 8:56pm On Jul 15, 2005
This is a nice thread cos I can recall a time when I lost a friend of mine on the ground that I was younger.

I wish I never marked that birthday. She got curious on that day to know my age and I, thinking I was older told her without trying to upgrade my age but after I have said it her mood changed suddenly and I, undertanding what possibly was in her mind restructured my comment intantly.

She pretended to believe my lie of my age upgrading but the change happened slowly and she began acting up and I knew she needed a more matured-in-age person.

But I should have needed a more matured-in-character person if I were her.

1 Like

Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Ra(f): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2005
mamba:

That's a very good example from calabarman for y'all ladies in da house!

By the time you're 35 & still single, I'm sure you'll accept a younger man for marriage.... abi? .... grin

You see, this is where some people get it wrong. When a woman or a man for all that matters, decides to date outside their normal circle (age-wise, social standing, class etc) simply because they're, so to speak, advancing in age, it hardly ever works. Where a woman who is so mature and finds it a challenge carrying on an intellectually stimulating affair/relationship with even her mates decides to descend to dating a younger guy simply because she's 35, she is, to me, sitting idly on the verge of desperation and inevitable heart break. Sometimes she ends up loosing a lot of money to the guy before she realises what exactly he wanted from her in the first place. It would never work. I therefore maintain my position... it's simply not worth my time, emotion or and resources. Finito!
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by Greatpeter(m): 9:18pm On Jul 15, 2005
Don't lie about your age because a certain won't accept you for who and what you are. If she goes wait for your God's given lady. may be she's not meant for you.
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by gina34(f): 4:34pm On Aug 06, 2005
never. cool
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by nike4luv(f): 4:35pm On Aug 06, 2005
i would..i really dont care..sum gurls might diagree to this because they think maybe dey would be de commander ova de young guy but as for me no problem wit it
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by gina34(f): 1:25pm On Aug 08, 2005
good for u girl. wink
Re: Ladies: Would You Marry a Younger Man? by nike4luv(f): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2005
lalala..o yea cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Guys, Would You Marry A Lady That Earns More Than You? (Video) / 4 Things You Must NEVER Do After A Break-Up / Download: Game Of Thrones - Season 1 , 8 (episode By Episode)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.