Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,670 members, 7,827,461 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says (22233 Views)

Zuma And Wives / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by 14(m): 12:50am On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
well simply put, woolworths and other franchise clothing stores are still around because Southies loves buying on credit.....

So they dont pay for those credit.

I hate this thing of foreigners coming to SA and telling SA how to live, like they did better in their countries they ran from. i mean if you ran away from failed state, and come to a progressive state, what change do you thing you will contribute because you failed in the first place where you come from.

You will hear them on Talk radio, "Hheheheee, South africa must do this, in my country there is no this and that" I say dude, are you mad, Why did you run away then if your country was so perfect.

You dont go to America and insult americans, so never come to SA and start insulting South Africans, they will deal with you.

4 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by 14(m): 1:04am On Oct 28, 2014
IF South Africans were lazy, wouldn't SA be like Nigeria, underdeveloped. Who dig that gold and platinum, who built all those beautiful cities? The very infrastructure that all those foreigners come to, did if fall from the sky?

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by 14(m): 1:07am On Oct 28, 2014
MTN subscribers in Nigeria = 55m
MTN subscribers in SA = 25m

But the profit in both the country is almost the same, Why?

http://www.telegeography.com/products/commsupdate/articles/2013/08/14/mtn-reports-22-rise-in-first-half-profit-beats-market-estimates/
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by morpheus24: 4:19am On Oct 28, 2014
14:

So they dont pay for those credit.
I hate this thing of foreigners coming to SA and telling SA how to live, like they did better in their countries they ran from. i mean if you ran away from failed state, and come to a progressive state, what change do you thing you will contribute because you failed in the first place where you come from.
You will hear them on Talk radio, "Hheheheee, South africa must do this, in my country there is no this and that" I say dude, are you mad, Why did you run away then if your country was so perfect.
You dont go to America and insult americans, so never come to SA and start insulting South Africans, they will deal with you.

Spoken like a true illiterate who pretty much had nothing to do with building a western style capitalist run economy

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by 1mindchrisr(f): 4:23am On Oct 28, 2014
morpheus24:
NO MORE RDP HOUSES!

NO MORE PREGNANT TEENAGERS HAVING KIDS SO THEY CAN GET ON WELLFARE

NO MORE FOODSTAMPS!

OooH , wait a minute food stamps is an American thing!

unlike nigeria SA is not run like a one man called president
do you know who qualify for all dt u mentioned
do you know dt it constitutional rights ?

lastly before u vote next time you understand d meaning of a president n stop jelousy it is a desease ,start knowing abt constitution rights not jst SA but world wide then your eyes will b opened dt you dont know d simple basic of your rights living under opression by d same men you willingly vote for
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 5:31am On Oct 28, 2014
morpheus24:

Its actually the the other way round.

living amongst "Whites" for a long period of time leaves a legacy of inferiority complex, jealousy and hatred for your own kind

Hmm, I see so much accusations of hatred, inferiority complex and jealousy from Nigerians against other tribes on this forum, who's to blame for that?

I'm sure you know this section.

www.nairaland.com/racism-tribalism
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 28, 2014
morpheus24:

The lesotho girl has taste, at the least her children will NOT come out midget height with pepper corn hair and eyes on the side of their faces.

God forbid they come out looking like Goodluck or his children or the Obasanjos, also hope they don't have the BO ya'll are famous for. grin

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
well simply put, woolworths and other franchise clothing stores are still around because Southies loves buying on credit.....

And who pays for it?
I saw some Lesotho nationals on the news begging for SA to annex the country. Why is that?

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 6:07am On Oct 28, 2014
morpheus24:

I thought Sotho and Tswana were pretty much sister languages.

Shame on you Motswana!

Aren't you guys always on each other's throats on this forum, even Anambrans attacking their brothers in Abia, where's the shame?
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by iterator25: 6:08am On Oct 28, 2014
14:

Stop lying like your politicians, Total number of DSTV subscribers in Africa is 7 millions, 5 million of them are in South Africa, the rest of Africa makes the remaining 2 millions. The subscribtion in Nigeria is still less than 1 million, in Kenya its 100 000.

Follow the link if you disagree, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DStv
you failed to convince everyone reading here that Nigeria has 800000 dstv subscribers .. even your source says SA has 4.5million subscribers .. provide a credible source for it and your middle class source.. else, STFU
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 6:15am On Oct 28, 2014
paniki:

I still don't get how all that can be called inferiority complexion and jealousy. South Africans don't see Africans as superior and there's nothing jealous of. Your argument about projection is just grasping at straws, I think that you've misconceived the theory.

Poor Chinese don't migrate to SA and if they do, they don't find themselves in areas where they cheat the system to qualify for services meant for South Africans. Zimbabweans did this and it created resentment which led to violence.

I don't see where tribalism and nepotism fits in but it's true that a sense of entitlement exists which then makes me wonder how it's possible to feel

inferior and be jealous of other people who are on the same or lower class. The sense of entitlement is also maintain by a government that continues to deliver on social programmes albeit not properly. South Africans would have long lost their sense of entitlement had the government stole all the money and delivered nothing like much of Africa.

You always put the boy in his place, no wonder he always jumps over your replies to him.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 28, 2014
Are Yorubas lazy like this guy described them?

christopher:

"By 2030, Yorubas will become minority in Nigeria and even in South west as Igbos and Hausas have taken over all the business opportunities because the acclaimed native (Yoruba) are NATURALLY very lazy to their bones".

Its always sad when an entire tribe receives insult or their character unearthed due to the insanity of one individual who claimed to be their son, but might be fathered by unknown hired Niger Soldier during the Nigerian - Biafra civil war.

When Lagos was the capital of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani and igbos invested hugely in Lagos city. After the shift of Lagos as capital of Nigeria to Abuja, they took over the economy of Lagos from the British. From onset, Yorubas were only busy dancing Owanbe in the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.

Till date, their lazy bones couldn't allow them invest and assist the boost of Nigeria's economy.

Hausa and Igbos took over South west economy from British not from yorubas and its never by force or with arms but by economic skills and strategies built through progressive business mind. The Simple fact is that, they took over the economy because majority of yorubas are very lazy and few educated ones among them only want a white collor job where they will be accountants or useless lawyer for the Hausa and igbo rich men.

Let us specifically give some of these ignorant Yorubas commons sense analogue and idea about Igbos economic dominance and Hausa business and agricultural progresses.

Igbos did not see Yorubas in Benin republic to dominate the market there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Togo to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ghana to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ivory Coast to dominate economy there, eithier did Hausa see Yoruba before dominating Saudi Arabia, Niger and other part of the continent with their agricultural products and trades. Igbos did not see Yorubas in Nairobi Kenya before displacing Indians there to dominate their economy, Igbos did not see Yorubas in China to dominate all the shopping malls at Guangxillu in Guangzhuo China.

Hausa did not see Yoruba before dominating Money Exchange trade and gold businesses. This list may be endless. Igbos and Hausas/Fulani are very hard working Nigerians.

QUESTIONS

In what trade or fields are Yorubas famous?. What are their contribution to Nigeria economically?.

Average yoruba in Lagos state is a street taut or thug. Majority of dirty houses in Lagos are owned, and occupied by Yorubas. Big masions or companies in Lagos were own by Igbos and Hausa.

RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body;

74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).

Igbos and Hausa are not only living in Lagos. Igbos live in the east, in the north. Hausas live in the east, west and north like any igbo. Yorubas are very few in other part of the country. Their laziness never allow them go far. Of course, they can't go to Kano, Port Harcourt or Enugu to do Alaye job.

The problem here is that Igbos migrate more than others and they are been tagged criminals even caught Yoruba criminals most times claim Igbo.

Igbo are followed by Hausa, but Yorubas never migrate like them to have experience and see things for themselves. That's why Hausa and Igbos can make better united Nigeria. Though few Hausas can speak Igbo and Yoruba language, but majority of igbos speaks both Hausa and Yoruba very fluently.

While Yorubas hardly speak both. In some cases, very few yorubas in Military service speaks unclear Hausa language.

The true is the good migration among Nigerians and doing business or trading improves our nationality, unity and languages. It boost our economy too, but Lazy bones don't. They sit tight at home and gossips.

As America, Asia are dominated by Igbos, so as Saudi Arabia is dominated by Hausa, and they are all doing businesses there, and doing them well. They invest every where and in Nigeria.

UK is dominated by lazy Yorubas who do nothing there but claimed schooling while majority are just mere taxi drivers or plate and car washers for Westerner. When they can't feed their families with good job, they go on trafficking cocaine or coming back to Lagos where they will join their brothers on Area boys business collecting money or begging money from Hausa and igbo productive people.

As Hausas are interested in politics, so as Yorubas but the difference is that Hausas still do their businesses and farming; feeding the nation day and night, the Yorubas do nothing but follow politicians up and down and hang in the street of lagos for Agboro job. Their youths are always going around waiting when an Igbo or Hausa will buy Land or build house for them to walk with their lazy bones for what they call "Alaye. Fee". Which is more of begging or stupid claim to be owners of the land. Yorubas sell of there lands but leaves inside Lagoon or Canann where water flush them and there families away during raining seasons. They leave most in very smelling dirty places and most times their toilets is inside their cooking pots.

The igbos have left politics since 1967 and now only interested in boosting Nigerians economy with their wealth of experiences in trade, education, technology and science. Since we welcomed Democracy in Nigeria, they have not been politically wise or interested in politics.

If we know the igbos in Education, Trade, business, science and technology, and then know the Hausa/Fulanis in Trade, business, and agriculture, what can we say of the Yorubas? I bet Agboro, Owambe, taxi driver, bus conductors, tax collector and Alaye beggers(Area boys).

Most of my Niger friends who are doing businesses in Lagos complain how these Yoruba tauts disturb them daily. They even sometimes attack some of the Niger boys doing Security works in Lagos. Ahmad from Niger told me how these guys disturbed his other Niger friend selling Suya. They come every evening to eat his Suya forcefully and sometimes beats him if he do complain. He told me that his friend was provoked, then he planned for them one day. One evening these Yoruba boys came with their girl friends, forcefully eating his Suya worth 10,000 naira again, unfortunately, the Suya have been poised with Sleeping drug. So after sitting and eating while shouting, they all slept there, hopelessly till 1am. The four girls where gang raped severally till 4am by Niger boys who joined their brothers and the five boys were killed. And these Niger boys disappeared from Lagos back to their country.

Later, All Niger and Hausa within that street became target by the friends of these vicitims. Businesses were closed for two weeks in that street because of this and police keep patroling to maintain peace and order.

This is how we are loosing citizens and killing businesses. Yorubas must learn to address tautism, criminality, tribalism, thuggry, and laziness among their people.

NOTE: Not all Yorubas are lazy, down to their bone marrows, some are hard working, sincere and nice, though 90% majority in their huge numbers are very lazy and are touts in all major streets in Nigeria. I have many good Yorubas who are nice people and work in good places.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 6:39am On Oct 28, 2014
out of interest, which tribe is the laziest in Nigeria?
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by iterator25: 6:44am On Oct 28, 2014
14:

Stop lying like your politicians, Total number of DSTV subscribers in Africa is 7 millions, 5 million of them are in South Africa, the rest of Africa makes the remaining 2 millions. The subscribtion in Nigeria is still less than 1 million, in Kenya its 100 000.

Follow the link if you disagree, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DStv
again, dstv's subscriber base in Nigeria is over 1 million [even babies know this]
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201208270494.html/

if you care to know, startimes [late comers in the game] [starsaat in SA] in Nigeria has over 1,3 million subscribers
m.allafrica.com/stories/201306260617.html/
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:09am On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

And who pays for it?
I saw some Lesotho nationals on the news begging for SA to annex the country. Why is that?
with the grands money "Some" doesn't mean everyone unless I don't know english.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by HumbledbYGrace(f): 8:22am On Oct 28, 2014
tongue
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
with the grands money "Some" doesn't mean everyone unless I don't know english.

grands money?? OKAY..
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:33am On Oct 28, 2014
BluIvy:

Please do not take note of the Lesotho peasant, she probably bitter for cleaning some South African home toilet. What good has ever came out of Lesotho? Botswana us a tiny country as well but it is Africa's best story. She must go back to Lesotho and work hard there. Amazingly the so called not lazy people have the most faced up countries in the world. We in South Africa feed and employ these Lesotho peasants. In this one particular wants a Nigeria drug dealer as a husband that's why she is hating on SA. I do not blame her she needs people on her level.
when I read this the first time I got so pissed, but then I didn't let emotions cloud my judgement.

Your so funny it would be a crime not to laugh at you....please my beautiful kingsmen, don't know if your a pure blood tswana or just occupy the place. Please go back to your history, go study the facts, and check well where Lesotho is located. Right inside South Africa. And you know why we isolated ourselves and ended up being locked up from the land and forced to use passports? Because we couldn't stand the Boers so for peace sake we had to accept their terms and use passports but doesn't mean that we aren't South Africans.

So they feed us right? You make me laugh!!!

The water they use, especially Joburg city, where is it coming from

The cities you mention that were build and the gold who actually sweat there Who were the workers in the mines

Don't come here and spew rubbish, I can insult South Africans the way I want, atleast I know I belong here by birth, by land and whatever rubbish you might wanna add. If it was in Zim or Nigeria or Botswana, I'd had my tail between my legs in fear of deportation if I didn't have any humanity in me. Atleast I gave out not destructive criticism you Miss Botswana always potray. Its called constructive criticism, its not meant to destroy but to build up.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 12:46pm On Oct 28, 2014
iterator25:

again, dstv's subscriber base in Nigeria is over 1 million [even babies know this]
http://m.allafrica.com/stories/201208270494.html/

if you care to know, startimes [late comers in the game] [starsaat in SA] in Nigeria has over 1,3 million subscribers
m.allafrica.com/stories/201306260617.html/

Why are you gloating about a Chinese company? You were also bragging about GOtv which is a MultiChoice offering that, oddly enough, is not available to South Africans.

I don't know the subscriber numbers, but I think the best thing to do is to go through the Naspers annual report. http://www.naspers.com/
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2014
I see the catfight.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 12:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:

Woolworths and other South African franchise stores that survive in Lesotho must be doing so by fluke. Or perhaps you just posted and absent-minded comment.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 1:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

Hmm, I see so much accusations of hatred, inferiority complex and jealousy from Nigerians against other tribes on this forum, who's to blame for that?

I'm sure you know this section.

www.nairaland.com/racism-tribalism

+1

Even morpheus24 hates Igbos with passion. I think that he views them as the naughty half-brother who taints the image of the family. The funny thing is that they always moan about how the world hates them when they hate each other all by themselves.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by HumbledbYGrace(f): 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
paniki:

Woolworths and other South African franchise stores that survive in Lesotho must be doing so by fluke. Or perhaps you just posted and absent-minded comment.
Do your research clever boy
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
Do your research clever boy

How do you suggest I do my research? By going to the Woolworths in Maseru and watch them reject my store card? OK, I'll do that next time I
"leave" my country to visit Lesotho.

3 Likes

Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
paniki:

How do you suggest I do my research? By going to the Woolworths in Maseru and watch them reject my store card? OK, I'll do that next time I
"leave" my country to visit Lesotho.
I've never read a sensible post from you like this one. Please do so, but in the meantime you can help me by not "talking about things you have no idea of."
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by paniki(m): 3:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
I've never read a sensible post from you like this one. Please do so, but in the meantime you can help me by not "talking about things you have no idea of."

It's a good thing that you can read but I think that your biggest difficulty is in the reading comprehension department. Here's a poem to help your reading comprehension:

"Oho!" said the pot to the kettle;
"You are dirty and ugly and black!
Sure no one would think you were metal,
Except when you're given a crack."

"Not so! not so!" kettle said to the pot;
"'Tis your own dirty image you see;
For I am so clean – without blemish or blot –
That your blackness is mirrored in me."

Maxwell's Elementary Grammar, 1904.

Check that... Elementary Grammar.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by morpheus24: 3:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
paniki:

+1
Even morpheus24 hates Igbos with passion. I think that he views them as the naughty half-brother who taints the image of the family. The funny thing is that they always moan about how the world hates them when they hate each other all by themselves.

Please don't speak for me, I do not "HATE" my fellow country men. They get a scolding from me when I see what "some" of them do IN SA out of desperation. I would challenge you to find any where I have mentioned or insinuated this.

Xenophobia and hatred of other Africans, especially Nigerians (obviously because of their large numbers) is a title reserved for South Africans no matter how hard you try to play the apologist in feeble attempts to rationalize your country men's attitudes. I do not do the same when it comes to mischievous Nigerians in SA . I call them out all the time.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by morpheus24: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

Aren't you guys always on each other's throats on this forum, even Anambrans attacking their brothers in Abia, where's the shame?

Honestly I really do not see the relevance in having conversations with SA who are not black. I tend to think they do not have a true grasp of the "African experience" and therefore do not believe they can truly chime in on matters related to tribalism in the African context.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by morpheus24: 3:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

You always put the boy in his place, no wonder he always jumps over your replies to him.

Nah!

I am kind of tired of Paniki's apologist replies, He's been on it for years now.
Re: Foreigners Are Not Lazy Like You Poor South Africans - Zuma Says by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2014
vdGeist:

This girl insults people and delete their response because it is the truth. We employ people from Lesotho now and afford them a living, so credit allows them to support their families. We live on credit and pay their salaries in cash instead of being grateful she spew rubbish on nl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Niger Crisis: Terrorists Shoot Driver, Burn Trucks Conveying Foodstuff To Ghana / Israel Prepares 'ground Manoeuvre' Against Hamas But No Decision Yet / Taliban Sacks Female Workers Replaces Women's Ministry With Ministry Of Virtue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.