Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed (29880 Views)

Defection: Bianca Ojukwu Lambasts Peter Obi, Shuns Ex-gov In Netherlands / Why I Left APGA –obi / We Are Happy Obi Left APGA -umeh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by yudee233: 5:36am On Oct 22, 2014
I believe the core problem with APGA has to do with the centre. Recalled how Ngige withdrew the court case and Joe Igbokwe of APC commending the APGA governor. Any in the words of Peter Obi time will tell
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Complexalfa(m): 5:37am On Oct 22, 2014
They keep telling us how clueless gej
is but they forgot to tell us how rapid
nigeria has developed over the yrs
with him in power.
These shiit,forgot to tell us about the
over 130 special schools built
specially for those abandoned kids in
d north which they tagged "almajiris".
They all forget that,i as a person never
saw a train in motion until GEJ made it
possible.

They forgot to tell us that gej has built
over 9 new federal universities in
nigeria with about 6 of them bin in d
north.
They forgot telling us that agriculture
was looked down upon and people
tend to view it as a job for the poor
untill gej turns in to a gold mine.

These guys also forgot to tell us that
my state,akwa ibom was once
unheard of untill gej and Godswill
akpabio came on board.
Nobody heard of jigawa,enugu and
akwa ibom when development was
bin discussed untill sule
lamido,Godswill akpabio and sulivan
chime came into power.

God bless u GEJ
GOD bless me Complexalfa
God bless u all sincere advocate for
good governance in nigeria.
May God continue to fight for ur battle
while the devil keep disgracing
themselves.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by man4many9: 5:41am On Oct 22, 2014
this is just a cover up story. The main reason you left was becuase u wanted to become a minister which was denied from u cus of ur former political party. You want to ensure the re-election of gej under the interest of who? U and ur family i guess. Is gej a messiah? Igbo politician always betraying us cus of money.

5 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 22, 2014
man4many9:
this is just a cover up story. The main reason you left was becuase u wanted to become a minister which was denied from u cus of ur former political party. You want to ensure the re-election of gej under the interest of who? U and ur family i guess. Is gej a messiah? Igbo politician always betraying us cus of money.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by eleko1: 5:46am On Oct 22, 2014
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by englishmart(m): 5:47am On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
The former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has reacted to an interview granted to the Sun Newspaper on Monday, October 20, by Nigerian Ambassador to Spain and widow of the late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu, where she expressed shock and disappointment at the former governor’s leaving the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). She said, inter alia, “It is undeniable that Obi made immense contributions to APGA. I remain proud of his achievements, as governor of Anambra State. His exit diminishes us, and many of his supporters and grassroots crusaders are disappointed and demoralised.” Mrs. Ojukwu also described the action of the former governor as a betrayal of her late husband and renowned Igbo leader, who had such great trust in him and his assurances that he, Obi, would always stand by APGA. In his reaction, Obi, who has so far ignored all comments made about his political decision, opened up by pointing out that Mrs. Ojukwu was not a frivolous person and that her comments must be taken seriously more so when she was the wife of his leader. But he reminded the public that loyalty to a cause does not change with a change of platform; and that there has not been any change of principles on his part. Speaking with journalists, Obi said this response would be his last on the matter to enable him channel his time and energy alongside other well-meaning Igbos to work for the re-election campaign of President Goodluck Jonathan and the place of Ndigbo in the Nigerian politics. He said: “Of all those who have spoken, and who continue to speak, on the issue of my leaving APGA, only Bianca spoke with sincerity. She does not fall into the class of those who are now displaying dated video clippings and presenting matters out of context for political reasons, without appreciating the sacrifice put into building the House they are now destroying.” Continuing, Obi said: “I want to have it on record that Bianca was right when she reported my exchange with the Ikemba when he called me and asked whether I would leave APGA, after the events of Abia State at
that time, when the governor left APGA for reasons I believe to be genuine. I wish to reiterate that I am still loyal to our great leader, in terms of what serves the interests of our people and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Everyone knows today that APGA is not what it used to be. My assurance to our great leader did not imply that I would be loyal to a platform that some people have resolved to turn into an empty shell without an inner core of shared values. I remain faithful to those values and principles our great leader asked me to stand by and defend.” Obi insists that time would reveal whether the APGA of today is still propagating the late leader’s core principles. He said he had seen enough of violation of what APGA stood for, and therefore cannot continue to stay in a place which had departed from the original course and where clearly he was not wanted. Recounting the father-son relationship between him and late Ojukwu, Obi said he kept his promise to the leader and finished as an APGA
governor and helped to enthrone another APGA governor. He also said he stayed with Ojukwu throughout his trying period and intervened in all possible ways to ensure that he was given a burial befitting for a leader and a hero. Speaking further, Obi said: “According to Mrs. Ojukwu, our political father, Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ndi Anambra and Nigerians believed I was humble, hard working, honest, good mannered, among others and that I delivered on good governance.
These were not primarily because of the political party I belonged to, but because of my belief that we must build a better society for our children.” Obi said Ojukwu advised him to continue to support Jonathan for reasons which he Ojukwu made clear
to him. On his several discussions with Mrs Ojukwu, Obi said it was true that they discussed about APGA repeatedly, but that the last time he discussed with her in detail was after he held a closed-door meeting with the leadership of the party with four venerated persons from Anambra State, after which he told Mrs. Ojukwu that based on what transpired at the meeting, which those people understood, he had had enough and needed to move on. “Like my leader and political father, Odumegwu Ojukwu, who was bitterly criticised for ignoring the Zik- led Nigerian Peoples Party (NPP) to join the National Party of Nigeria (NPN), where he felt the interests of Ndigbo and the nation would be better served, I have moved out of a political party which in my own opinion has derailed. I have moved on to a place my contributions towards proper representation of our people would have the level of impact that would make Ikemba rejoice in his grave,” Obi Said Obi said Mrs. Ojukwu, whom he holds in high esteem would later be in a position to judge the propriety or otherwise of recent developments in the party and his actions. He concluded that time will judge all “our actions accordingly.” www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obi-replies-bianca-ojukwu-says-he-left-apga-because-it-had-derailed/191917/
k dear lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by englishmart(m): 5:47am On Oct 22, 2014
Descartes:
The former Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi, has reacted to an interview granted to the Sun Newspaper on Monday, October 20, by Nigerian Ambassador to Spain and widow of the late Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Mrs. Bianca Ojukwu, where she expressed shock and disappointment at the former governor’s leaving the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). She said, inter alia, “It is undeniable that Obi made immense contributions to APGA. I remain proud of his achievements, as governor of Anambra State. His exit diminishes us, and many of his supporters and grassroots crusaders are disappointed and demoralised.” Mrs. Ojukwu also described the action of the former governor as a betrayal of her late husband and renowned Igbo leader, who had such great trust in him and his assurances that he, Obi, would always stand by APGA. In his reaction, Obi, who has so far ignored all comments made about his political decision, opened up by pointing out that Mrs. Ojukwu was not a frivolous person and that her comments must be taken seriously more so when she was the wife of his leader. But he reminded the public that loyalty to a cause does not change with a change of platform; and that there has not been any change of principles on his part. Speaking with journalists, Obi said this response would be his last on the matter to enable him channel his time and energy alongside other well-meaning Igbos to work for the re-election campaign of President Goodluck Jonathan and the place of Ndigbo in the Nigerian politics. He said: “Of all those who have spoken, and who continue to speak, on the issue of my leaving APGA, only Bianca spoke with sincerity. She does not fall into the class of those who are now displaying dated video clippings and presenting matters out of context for political reasons, without appreciating the sacrifice put into building the House they are now destroying.” Continuing, Obi said: “I want to have it on record that Bianca was right when she reported my exchange with the Ikemba when he called me and asked whether I would leave APGA, after the events of Abia State at
that time, when the governor left APGA for reasons I believe to be genuine. I wish to reiterate that I am still loyal to our great leader, in terms of what serves the interests of our people and the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Everyone knows today that APGA is not what it used to be. My assurance to our great leader did not imply that I would be loyal to a platform that some people have resolved to turn into an empty shell without an inner core of shared values. I remain faithful to those values and principles our great leader asked me to stand by and defend.” Obi insists that time would reveal whether the APGA of today is still propagating the late leader’s core principles. He said he had seen enough of violation of what APGA stood for, and therefore cannot continue to stay in a place which had departed from the original course and where clearly he was not wanted. Recounting the father-son relationship between him and late Ojukwu, Obi said he kept his promise to the leader and finished as an APGA
governor and helped to enthrone another APGA governor. He also said he stayed with Ojukwu throughout his trying period and intervened in all possible ways to ensure that he was given a burial befitting for a leader and a hero. Speaking further, Obi said: “According to Mrs. Ojukwu, our political father, Odumegwu-Ojukwu, Ndi Anambra and Nigerians believed I was humble, hard working, honest, good mannered, among others and that I delivered on good governance.
These were not primarily because of the political party I belonged to, but because of my belief that we must build a better society for our children.” Obi said Ojukwu advised him to continue to support Jonathan for reasons which he Ojukwu made clear
to him. On his several discussions with Mrs Ojukwu, Obi said it was true that they discussed about APGA repeatedly, but that the last time he discussed with her in detail was after he held a closed-door meeting with the leadership of the party with four venerated persons from Anambra State, after which he told Mrs. Ojukwu that based on what transpired at the meeting, which those people understood, he had had enough and needed to move on. “Like my leader and political father, Odumegwu Ojukwu, who was bitterly criticised for ignoring the Zik- led Nigerian Peoples Party (NPP) to join the National Party of Nigeria (NPN), where he felt the interests of Ndigbo and the nation would be better served, I have moved out of a political party which in my own opinion has derailed. I have moved on to a place my contributions towards proper representation of our people would have the level of impact that would make Ikemba rejoice in his grave,” Obi Said Obi said Mrs. Ojukwu, whom he holds in high esteem would later be in a position to judge the propriety or otherwise of recent developments in the party and his actions. He concluded that time will judge all “our actions accordingly.” www.thisdaylive.com/articles/obi-replies-bianca-ojukwu-says-he-left-apga-because-it-had-derailed/191917/
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by SlimSkipper(m): 5:51am On Oct 22, 2014
TribalEAST:
Can't this two just find a room and get it all over with? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i share ur sentiment bro cheesy cheesy grin grin gringringringringrin
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by eleko1: 5:55am On Oct 22, 2014
sad sadThis Obi of a man is a pathetic liar.The same man told d world that he'll retired into a private life after his tenure as gov,the reverse is the case now as he has join PDP house of commotion to loot.Shame.
man4many9:
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by omenka(m): 6:00am On Oct 22, 2014
cheesycheesy
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by bunmioguns(m): 6:01am On Oct 22, 2014
Whatever, he knows better
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by engrjacuzzi: 6:04am On Oct 22, 2014
Please what is the meaning of APGA?
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by zendy: 6:09am On Oct 22, 2014
Obi is just a "Job seeker"
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Johnnoo(m): 6:17am On Oct 22, 2014
Mr Peter, there is no need for that response
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by ovanny15(f): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2014
Mr. Obi, i thought you said you will leave politics after your tenure as Anambara State Governor, what are you still stressing yourself on politics issues again?

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by hensben(m): 6:20am On Oct 22, 2014
these people should concentrate in business, politics is not for them.

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by highmood(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2014
No matter how some people see it, Obi has taking the best move ever for the interest of the Anambarians and Igbos in general. He never disagreed with what Bianca said, but gave reasons why he need to leave.
Obi played a good role in developing Anambra, he played a good role in installing an APGA governor, he drew the federal presence to Anambra notwithstanding he was not a member of the ruling party then. Do they want his career to be destroyed because he wants to remain in APGA? Meanwhile all those including Bianca accusing him of betrayal should tell us why they have to receive appointments from a PDP led govt? Some Anambarians and igbos in Nigeria and even out of the country should tell us why they are not developing the east but help to develop other cities? They should tell us why they are not coming back home and demand for what they believe in rather making statements and incisive ones from their comfort zones away from home? Today almost all towns have town halls in Lagos and other part, they do a whole Igbo day celebration in Lagos rather than in any part of the east. Some of they claim Eze-Igbo in cities rather than home. Most of build and help develop other cities leaving thier home to be taking by erosion yet calling a man that have done well and is still doing well a betrayal? Are all these once accusing Obi, taking political positions and running from their fathers land not betraying Ojukwu and what he wants for the Igbos race? For me, Obi is on the right part I don't care what some people thinks, there are many platform to achieve the course of the igbo man. So they shouldn't be myopic and and learn to seal thier mouths in public.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by BOAR: 6:26am On Oct 22, 2014
This man is just after his selfish interest, just like most politicians.

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by kokoA(m): 6:38am On Oct 22, 2014
If he likes he should decamp to ISIS o, e no concern me. He is only relevant in Anambra, outside there he is very insignificant.

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by solgee(m): 6:41am On Oct 22, 2014
Saw it coming
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by jaymichael(m): 6:59am On Oct 22, 2014
I have said it before on a tread that APUGA has been sold for a plate of nkwobi and a carton of hero beer. What if Tinubu had left (sold out) AC(N) even when the party was controlling only one state and even at that was facing strong persecution from the Obasanjo led federal government. He stood firm, nurtured the party, reclaimed the SW, now the party (through its merger with other poitical parties) has turned out to be a great opposition force to curtail the excesses of the ruling party and is poised to take over the central government from the ruling party. For this, I will always respect the man Tinubu. Yet some ignorant folks across the bridge will come online and throw wild and baseless bashing against a man they don't even know.It is so easy for people to hate, envy and become jealous of you when you are successful but they do not know how much time, efforts and sleepless nights and sacrifices you have put into achieving your goal.
LESSON: Whatever is your defined political fortunes and interests, nobody dashes you on a platter of gold, you fight for that which you want and not by yansh-licking AGIP.

13 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Chigold101(m): 7:00am On Oct 22, 2014
Ilekere:
More like money no dey exchange his hands again since he's no longer a governor.
if u know his worth financially u will not have said this. obi was not a beggar before and won't ever be. true Anambrarians love him. it is good he moves on to a more national platform

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by man4many9: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2014
Chigold101:
if u know his worth financially u will not have said this. obi was not a beggar before and won't ever be. true Anambrarians love him. it is good he moves on to a more national platform

i guess he was reacher tham orji uzo kalu abi? Or reacher than ifeanyi uba who is a governorship candidate of labour party but working for pdp. Anambra politicians selling anambrarians for plate of porridge.
Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by fairheven: 7:18am On Oct 22, 2014
Hmmm,I said earlier,Victor Umeh has totally destroyed APGA,the guy has made himself a-life-chairman of the party,Obi made a valid point,he does not need to be in APGA to fufill the "political ideology"of IKEMBA NNEWI,especially when the vehicle and machinery(APGA) to do so has been manipulated by UMEH...Obi was promised the BOT chairman,the moment he left office ,UMEH change the tune,even more disheartening is the fact that several national assembly members,elected on the platform of APGA have already left the party.
Btw,I love the matured way he he replied Bianca...that's how a real-man talks,unlike Bianca who was ranting on pages of newspaper.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by akudinaobi(m): 7:24am On Oct 22, 2014
Coward
Ask your slef ,why didn't obasanjo join another political party because pdp has derailed
Hmmmmmm
Obi last eight years nobody I repeat nobody in anambra nkem knows u exepct your kindred even them bearly know you but the same ojukwu who you aclaimed to be your God father impose you on us we helplesly agree
Now you ruled we all supported like a goat for good 8yrs on the same platform apga that ojukwu presented
The worst of this is that u came again at the end of your tenure impose a strange face again whom we have not heard of befor or see as our governor we all agree foolishly again
Just some months after the election you decamp to another platform where you sworn in front of ojukwu that you will never join
God knows the best

4 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Nobody: 7:33am On Oct 22, 2014
Very diplomatic, matured and articulated response. This is the only time I read politics on display. Obi's response is very well thoughtful. Even Ojukwu can not be upset if he is to read this response as an astral being.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Nobody: 7:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
Peter Obi disappointed me personally. I thought he promised to retire from partisan politics after he completes his 8 yr tenure as governor? Why is he desperate for political appointment now to the extent of decamping to PDP few months after successfully helping Obiano to become his successor? Peter Obi should just go and sit down
you just spoke my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by tochman(m): 7:35am On Oct 22, 2014
Gorgeous58:
APGA did not derail during your term as governor. It derailed after you left office, right? Just admit that you want to remain politically relevant, that's why you joined pdp (papa deceiving pikin). Goodluck to you

did u actually read the write up before commenting?

1 Like

Re: Obi Replies Bianca Ojukwu, Says he Left APGA Because It Had derailed by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Gorgeous58:
APGA did not derail during your term as governor. It derailed after you left office, right? Just admit that you want to remain politically relevant, that's why you joined pdp (papa deceiving pikin). Goodluck to you
Will remaining with APGA make him politically irrelevant? No. Politic is a game of intrest, just like when Gov. Rochers left for his own personal intrest, i forsee Obi replacing Jonathan comes 2019." It is the turn of the south east so lets support him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan Supporters Planned To Kidnap Jega - Reuters / Michelle Obama And BBOG Frustrated Chibok Girls Rescue: Aisha Wakil / Agabi Egagifo Killed In Delta State (Graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.