Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,889 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. (62408 Views)

African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Odunayaw(m): 1:40am On Jul 14, 2017
Mynd44 Save us from this madness Two pages needs to be wiped
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jul 14, 2017
Good lord, what happened here? shocked
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
MikeCZA:
You enjoy putting these rubb..ish here.

What are "contemporary African threats"?

Africa is not a country.

You seem to be suffering from acute Malaria.

The Nigerian military has been in constant engagement all across Africa for the past 25 years.

African threats are currently and have almost always been low intensity warfare.

The Nigerian military has spear-hearded almost all significant engagements in Africa.

In that period we have built the most extensive infrastructure, manpower, training and equipment to deal with these threats.

With the advent of terrorism, we have adapted and continue to expand our already extensive capability.

Pick one area, Army, Navy or Air Force, i'll detail what we have built and how no one compares?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

You seem to be suffering from acute Malaria.

The Nigerian military has been in constant engagement all across Africa for the past 25 years.

African threats are currently and have almost always been low intensity warfare.

The Nigerian military has spear-hearded almost all significant engagements in Africa.

In that period we have built the most extensive infrastructure, manpower, training and equipment to deal with these threats.

With the advent of terrorism, we have adapted and continue to expand our already extensive capability.

Pick one area, Army, Navy or Air Force, i'll detail what we have built and how no one compares?

Chances of Malaria infecting a South African are lower than a Nigeria.

Africa is not a country.

Current threats shouldn't dictate strategic planning. After World war 2 South Africa politicians ignored warnings of scientists and military leaders as they thought peace will reign forever and essential frontline equipment can source from Britian.

Majority of Nigeria's engagements have been against not so well led and equipped none state actors.

Are you saying Nigeria has better doctrine development institutions than all countries in SSA? Covering sea, land, air and space. I don't think so.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2017
MikeCZA:

Chances of Malaria infecting a South African are lower than a Nigeria.

Africa is not a country.

Current threats shouldn't dictate strategic planning. After World war 2 South Africa politicians ignored warnings of scientists and military leaders as they thought peace will reign forever and essential frontline equipment can source from Britian.

Majority of Nigeria's engagements have been against not so well led and equipped none state actors.

Are you saying Nigeria has better doctrine development institutions than all countries in SSA? Covering sea, land, air and space. I don't think so.

Current threats as well as past experiences dictate and future threat assessments dictate strategic planning in Nigeria. That doesn't seem to be the case in South Africa.

Yes, majority of Nigerian have been against non-state actors, however you have not added two significant wars. The war against Tchad and Cameroun. Two nations we roundly defeated, Infact in the case of Tchad, we pushed them close to N'Djamena.

The non-state actors we have faced have been well armed, and have deployed non-conventional tactics.

I am saying considering the threats most African countries south of the Sahara face, given the assessment of these threats and for the foreseeable future, not only do we have the best doctrine institutions, we are also the best equipped to deal with these threats.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by MikeCZA: 9:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
Henry240:

Current threats as well as past experiences dictate and future threat assessments dictate strategic planning in Nigeria. That doesn't seem to be the case in South Africa.

Yes, majority of Nigerian have been against non-state actors, however you have not added two significant wars. The war against Tchad and Cameroun. Two nations we roundly defeated, Infact in the case of Tchad, we pushed them close to N'Djamena.

The non-state actors we have faced have been well armed, and have deployed non-conventional tactics.

I am saying considering the threats most African countries south of the Sahara face, given the assessment of these threats and for the foreseeable future, not only do we have the best doctrine institutions, we are also the best equipped to deal with these threats.

Non...sense tell me one Nigerian institution comparable to CSIR.

You never really defeated Chad or Cameroon. Remember the military holds the line until politicians decide to head to the table.

Let me recommend these two books by two great authors Eye of the firestorm by Major General Roland de vries and War in Angola (The final South African phase) by Helmoed Heitman.

Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
I recommend NOT posting on topic in this thread....you might just get a ten year ban.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 15, 2017
MikeCZA:

Non...sense tell me one Nigerian institution comparable to CSIR.

You never really defeated Chad or Cameroon. Remember the military holds the line until politicians decide to head to the table.

Let me recommend these two books by two great authors Eye of the firestorm by Major General Roland de vries and War in Angola (The final South African phase) by Helmoed Heitman.

The National Defence College in Abuja.

We completely defeated both Tchad and Cameroun. Like i told you, we pushed Tchad almost close to N'Djamena, Cameroun was saved by a UN court decision.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 15, 2017
jln115:
I recommend NOT posting on topic in this thread....you might just get a ten year ban.

Why did you mention the mod when you knew very well you were serving a ban?

Look up rule 19.

Stop complaining, at least you still have your original account active. Mine was banned for 5 years.
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 15, 2017
Henry240:

Why did you mention the mod when you knew very well you were serving a ban?

Look up rule 19.

Stop complaining, at least you still have your original account active. Mine was banned for 5 years.
I didn't well not in this thread anyway........but still if I was banned for rule 1 sure I'll understand sort of......but banned for spamming??
Re: African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 15, 2017
jln115:

I didn't well not in this thread anyway........but still if I was banned for rule 1 sure I'll understand sort of......but banned for spamming??

We've all served bans, no worries.

The banned moniker would be inherited by your kid. That would be his first inheritance from you his Papa. grin grin grin

Then you can go hunt for gazelles together.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Outrage In SA as N368-million Is Spent To Build This Stadium (PIX) / Zimbabwean Socialite 'Ginimbi' Bought Casket A Week Before His Death (photos) / Stuart Varney: Zelensky Is A Puppet Not A Hero. Fake News Coming From Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.