Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76517 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by richybanky(m): 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Chm101 - Introductory Chemistry 1 failed it twice
Chm102 - Introductory chemistry 2 &
Eph202 - introduction to nuclear engineering failed it twice grin grin Dat was d courses I failed during UG days
Tank God am tru and done wit OAU wahala.. White House bin sucking CGPA since 1952 cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
adediranta:
MTH104 - Vector Analysis, and MEE205, 206 - Vector Mechanics;;; Statics and Dynamics.......those shii were hardest thing I'd ever seen in entire life as at then..even cramming sef fail me... buh now I can smoke it wit my eyes closed
OAU I guess?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
zleemshaddy:
seriously, sum1 also told me the same tin abt bch, daht microbiology is better n easier [as in nt easy lyk daht oo] bt i also wanna do bch in uni den study microbiology in masters dnt knw if it makes sense lyk daht bt pls wahts ur opinion

Bro, lemme tell u, if u are so much in love wit microbiology, go and do Medical laboratory science..... U'll take Microbiology as ur major......there u'll enjoy d course because it contains Bacteriology, virology, parasitoloy serology and mycology......

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by nykolaax(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
mrdino:
oh i rembr dat course bak n my uni days. i did it as a borrowd course, d xam was 3hrs...chai com c as pple dey luk nside xam hall. but it's nt as tough as Quantum Mechanics.

Bros your quantum mechanics aint as tough as compiler construction 11
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by KingTom(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
marvelling:

*yimu* undecided
grin
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by youngice(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
isoh:
Laplace Transforms(Advanced Calculus) was a nightmare especially after a scored zero over 20 in the first test my worlds were almost falling apart because the fear of Onyia(late) was like men...... But I later buckled up and braced a B.
Laplace is very easy .
Enter Fourier and your life will never be the same

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
KingTom:

No mind am just because their course codes are isomers i.e MCB backwards is BCM

Lolz.......
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by emsheddy(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
isoh:
Laplace Transforms(Advanced Calculus) was a nightmare especially after a scored zero over 20 in the first test my worlds were almost falling apart because the fear of Onyia(late) was like men...... But I later buckled up and braced a B.
Dude, u obviously attended same school with me. The fear of Onyia and the number of carryover students alone, will make u take Laplace like u will die if u dont. After i bagged a D, i dealt with Numerical Method and got a thick A. Chai! Rest in Peace Onyia.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by slimmingcare(f): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
quantitative technique
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by picasso4u(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Desxter:
i dnt tink ts d courses ....the lecturers no just sabi teach the tin .......

Dynamics was useless

ODE na God save me ...i no fail am but stil dnt no wat i got
Thermodynamics 1 ...na sweet D _ how i pass thermo 2 ..na God
Control systems .....
seems like u are am EEE student maybe in Futo
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
marvelling:

Na only person wey no know wetin e go read for school go talk this one.

FYI both courses study the cell (living organisms) from different perspectives.

Guy, we dont study cells in microbiology.....we deal wit d micro organisms such as bacteria, virus and fungus
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by 52Naira(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Econometrics........trust me this will get your brains cranking and feeling larger than it's size.filled with notations, signs and wonders.you may also consider quantum mechanics in physics and engineering thermodynamics .......if you attended FUTO you may understand what I'm saying.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by vivaciousvivi(f): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Engineering Mathematics we Economics students were forced to take.
I got headaches studying for the exam.
Got a "grin". #Sigh tongue

52Naira:
Econometrics........trust me this will get your brains cranking and feeling larger than it's size.filled with notations, signs and wonders.you may also consider quantum mechanics in physics and engineering thermodynamics .......if you attended FUTO you may understand what I'm saying.

Strangely enough, Econometrics was a breeze for me. Had a nice lecturer and he made us understand the basics. wink
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by mumumugu(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
silversonuc:

futo?

yea
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by olayinka63: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Folksyharry:
Electromagnetic Field Theory
I didn't gain any useful knowledge from it and I had 2 do a lot of cramming since there was nothing 2 understand.
that course na die engineering no be beans
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Bro, lemme tell u, if u are so much in love wit microbiology, go and do Medical laboratory science..... U'll take Microbiology as ur major......there u'll enjoy d course because it contains Bacteriology, virology, parasitoloy serology and mycology......
wow tenkz alot, itz lyk u also studied d same course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by olayinka63: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
rationalmind:
Second semester 200L Engineering drawing.

Twas just three questions and we were to answer all.

I didn't know any cheesy
i have big F in that course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by fairprince(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
one course like dt in FUTO that they packed all of us up school. I guess it was Engineering Analysis by Engr Kamalu and Co. Another was Ichie's ENG222 . Fluid mechanics and Thermodynamics. The parts handled by Uzoigwe was messed up.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Tekajoi(m): 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
My own na one yeye course called European renaissance for English and literary studies dept unical.. how u go read Dante's divine comedy (big fat book of poetry) paradise lost, the decameron, Machiavelli's the prince, hamlet, Thomas Moore's utopia, Dr Faustus, don Quixote and others for just one course in a semester? e no go better for Dr Onwudinjo and him daughter.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
zleemshaddy:
wow tenkz alot, itz lyk u also studied d same course

Am studinq Medical lab technology bt asperinq to study medical laboratory science or medicine and surgery in the uni..
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Mystery007(m): 3:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mine was chem121( Organic chemistry).. Mehn i dey feel like say i sabi organic chemistry but when i got into d exam hall, i believe say mehn i knw nofin. Another is physics123( Properties of Matter), not dah d course is dah difficult but d lecturer taking it made it to seem difficult and he con use applied questions kill boys for exam/test with less time.. Anybody from F.u.tmx shld knw what am talking about, Dr. Uno's course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by picasso4u(m): 3:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
it is either there are no EEE students in this forum or there is no hard course in EEE. have not yet seen any EEE student comment.
rep Futo, EEE
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
maestroferddi:
University of Uyo, one of the toughest universities out there.

The faculty of Natural and Applied Sciences (NAS) was an Afghanistan of some sort during my days. I hope those sadistic lecturers have changed.

Getting a first class from Uyo then is as improbable as having a camel pass through the eye of a needle. I don't know whether that has changed.

Are you an alumni of uniuyo?

Thats outrightly ,correct . University of uyo is a hell , i thought it was a joking ground in my year one but i woke up from my day dreaming in second semester that same year when i saw my mth111 result . Nobody told me where i am ,thank the creator i realise myself on time.

Bro those sadists are still there in mathematics and statistics department ,one thing general about them is that they dont give a damn about their outfit always on what i call rags frustrating students . immediately you see them in class you will jump out of your skin. We are roasting here any new dawn or semester my heart will just cut . What about exam period .,men will turn to walking dead.

I remember in my year one ,all the babes with us that always makeup ,paint nails and all the rest today the few surviving ones comes to school with low cuts ,never minding the dress they put on while coming to school ,no body will tell you that there is fire on the mountain.

The most annoying thing those sadists does is deprive you of time ,their time runs faster than even the speed of light .

2hours is approximately 20mins normal time ,tell me how you will perform within this short time and come out with flying colours . The school management should look into this.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by marvelling(m): 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Guy, we dont study cells in microbiology.....we deal wit d micro organisms such as bacteria, virus and fungus

Ah! OLODO!!!

SHAME!!!

So you don't know that bacteria, protozoa & fungi are all uniCELLular organisms? They are basically cells my dear. Guy go read your book abeg.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Am studinq Medical lab technology bt asperinq to study medical laboratory science or medicine and surgery in the uni..
oooh u wanna switch
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
mumumugu:

all thermodynamics lecturerers are heartless
Except Dr Obano
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by chiboy429(m): 3:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mystery007:
Mine was chem121( Organic chemistry).. Mehn i dey feel like say i sabi organic chemistry but when i got into d exam hall, i believe say mehn i knw nofin. Another is physics123( Properties of Matter), not dah d course is dah difficult but d lecturer taking it made it to seem difficult and he con use applied questions kill boys for exam/test with less time.. Anybody from F.u.tmx shld knw what am talking about, Dr. Uno's course

Which school is that bro, because i did chm121 as organic chem, but phyiscs123 is not same course title with mine because i did it in my yr1 second semester
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by marvelling(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Surprisingly I agree! But only because of the bad career politics the medical laboratory scientists are playing. Whoever is interested in having a career as a medical microbiologist should enrol for medical laboratory science.

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by temitemi1(m): 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Public policy analysis. Mayb because I dnt like d lecturer(dr olaniyi)
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Disneyboy: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
zleemshaddy:
oooh u wanna switch

Nah, when am thru wit dis 1.....am nt yet in d uni.... Am still in a health skul...
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by sevantex(m): 3:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
O boi!!!...,This is why I respect my Engineering and Physical science friends a lot...,Most of d wahala courses on dis thread so far has come frm those places...,Na rilli wa...Mine was ABG 501 Methods of Animal Experimentation...This was an all statistics course dt was pain in d neck...,I sha wrote wateva and flexed my 42 grin..Tnk God say CGP dn set by then so e nor rilli affect..,We try in naija sha
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Disneyboy:

Nah, when am thru wit dis 1.....am nt yet in d uni.... Am still in a health skul...
aiit nyc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply)

Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities / WAEC Releases 2012/2013 WASSCE Results / Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.